Until end of turn, creatures you control gain trample and get +X/+X, where X is the greatest power among creatures you control.
|Have (2)||, metalmagic|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Overwhelming Stampede occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Overwhelming Stampede Discussion
2 days ago
Love your deck idea, but I feel like you could use more ramp in here. The land count isn't bad, but it might be a tad higher, maybe Blighted Woodland and/or Myriad Landscape for some ramp lands? Ramp spells might also be helpful. With your land count, I feel like Cultivate type spells are good here, as would be Circuitous Route type spells that put out 2 lands for 4, as you have a pretty high average CMC it looks like.
How about Fungal Sprouting or Overwhelming Stampede for some synergy with your commander? Stampede with just your commander having been cast could remove a player, and Sprouting can increase your token count a bit, and adds death triggers when they are relevant if you sac a bunch of Kobolds, cast Sprouting, then attack with a big Prosh maybe? You might even play something like Return of the Wildspeaker for draw, that's 9 mana total, which sounds doable with Green maybe.
1 week ago
Thanks for checking out my deck! I love the lore of New Phyrexia and was really excited to see a new Praetor in Kaldheim! I hope the rumors are true and we see one in each set leading up to a return to Phyrexia.
I definitely plan on getting Triumph of the Hordes at some point, but my LGS has been out of them for a while. I didn't want too much infect, but like you said if I win on that turn its not much different than Overwhelming Stampede . I never thought about Pir's Whim , but I might have to try it out since it's decent removal too.
Thanks for the suggestions!
3 weeks ago
Sorry for the very lengthy reply. I just got swept up in this.
I've only played two games so my experience overall isn't going to tell me enough about how certain cards perform in various situations or if they're not synergizing enough with your strategy. I'm guessing you're on a budget. If your playgroup allows proxies, or money isn't an issue. Gaea's Cradle is always a great option in a deck that generates lots of token creatures, and you're already running Crop Rotation . The budget option to cradle though is Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip. When I began my 2nd game playing this deck I was very concerned since one opponent was running Angus Mackenzie which usually just neuters this kind of strategy. I mean I lost that game for other reasons, but if it had dragged on I probably would need a lot of luck to have instant speed removal for Angus and enough power to alpha strike or I'd just lose to forever fog. That's certainly an edge case, but a tad more removal could be helpful to rid yourself of problematic creatures or other effects. Song of the Dryads and Kenrith's Transformation are a couple of great options. The only other creature that doesn't do something like fight that shot to the front of my mind to get around Angus was Questing Beast .
However, simply looking at the list and thinking about good options in general I would say the following cards should be considered for replacement:
- Colossal Majesty its a bit slow compared to other green card draw. Sylvan Library is probably the best replacement if money is no issue. Beast Whisperer is decent and you can tutor it. There are great one-time effects considering the swarm you usually have like Shamanic Revelation and Regal Force . Harmonize is always a solid option. Oakhame Adversary is usually getting through because of deathtouch and you can always leave him as a blocker. Depending on your meta Runic Armasaur can net you plenty of cards.
- Liege of the Tangle feels like you'd be better off with something that helps finish the game the turn it enters the battlefield for this much mana. Craterhoof Behemoth or something like that would be nice, but if you're content with the pump that you get from Kamahl then perhaps Bane of Progress would be nice to wipe the pesky artifacts and enchantments. God-Eternal Rhonas is another decent buff to finish with. Great Oak Guardian could potentially be a finisher with your ability to turn lands into creatures and Temur Sabertooth as a way to recast the treefolk again and again.
- Nylea, Keen-Eyed I feel like she is a decent card, especially since she is indestructible, but her activated ability is pretty costly for only digging 1 card. I would prefer Duskwatch Recruiter Flip for this kind of effect and if it flips it does the cost reduction. If you're after an indestructible creature here then Rhonas the Indomitable is great for the deathtouch as a blocker or threat, and his pump + trample effect. For other nice cost reducers there's Emerald Medallion and Rhonas's Monument .
- Curious Herd was a dead card for me in one of my games where I drew it. I ended up discarding it when I ended a turn at 8 cards in hand. I can see that it has potential in some matchups, but its is a bit meta dependent. Arachnogenesis would probably be an upgrade in many cases, but again meta dependant.
- Magus of the Order I was surprised when I saw this in my hand because I didn't realize it had been printed. 2020 was a blur. However, as it stands there were not a lot of great targets for this to go tutor into play. Avenger, Nyxbloom, of Baloths were the primary options to me since Leige needs to swing and connect in order to do something and wait a turn before the lands can attack giving opponents a chance to wipe your board (including 8/8 lands). Actual Natural Order would be preferable since it is less telegraphed, but still need better finisher, utility, value to tutor for. Craterhoof, Bane of Progress, or maybe something like Apex Devastator for all the silly cascades.
- Roiling Regrowth -> Harrow (generally won't get countered so the additional cost on cast of sacrificing a land is a minimal risk) or if you want a body Springbloom Druid .
- Bow of Nylea it certainly has its utility, but something like Ohran Frostfang may be better for the deathtouch buff and supplemental card draw.
Other cards to consider:
- Skyshroud Claim it doesn't have the option to cycle, but untapped lands can really help in situations where you've doubled or tripled your mana produced.
- Zendikar Resurgent is just a great card.
- Eternal Witness works great with Temur Sabertooth and is generally just a great card.
- Overwhelming Stampede just a nice alternative finisher to Kamahl incase he's too expensive to get back on the field.
- Kogla, the Titan Ape not a lot of humans in your current iteration to have his bounce ability be useful like Temur Sabertooth , but he's still another way to fight a problematic creature and he can remove an artifact/enchantment per attack.
- Champion of Lambholt with so many token creatures you can get this up to a point where your creatures are unblockable.
- Soul of the Harvest is another solid source of incremental card draw.
- Triumph of the Hordes is a nice surprise finisher, especially against someone with near-infinite life.
- Carpet of Flowers meta dependent, but excellent ramp.
- Elder Gargaroth beefy, and has useful options every attack.
- Bellowing Tanglewurm since Kamahl already can pump, this can help get your alpha strike in.
- Kamahl, Fist of Krosa can just be a fun deterrent to board wipes if you have enough mana available to turn your opponent's lands into creatures in response.
- Oracle of Mul Daya just amazing for landfall theme.
- Gaea's Touch is a budget friendly option to help put more lands into play per turn, but they need to be basic forests.
- Tireless Tracker a bit grindy, but nice way to spend mana when you have nothing better to do. Also the treasure token trigger Kodama of the East Tree to allow you to put another land into play.
Some combo suggestions:
- Quirion Ranger + Ashaya, Soul of the Wild to use the ranger's ability to return the ranger and untap any other creature that can tap for mana to recast the range and repeat for infinite cast triggers, creature ETB triggers for other permanents that care, and "landfall" triggers. Scryb Ranger can also work if your "lands" produce an additional green or if you have a way to give them haste like Lightning Greaves or Concordant Crossroads .
- Cloudstone Curio + Kodama of the East Tree to put a land into play, bounce another land, resolve Kodama trigger to put that land back into play and bounce the first land for as many additional lands you can play per turn. This becomes infinite if you have a permanent that generates any kind of token on landfall trigger.
3 weeks ago
Hi! Thanks for the upvote.
A few suggestions:
Overwhelming Stampede rather than Overcome ; Sure your deck has many weenies, but by the time you're gonna want a 5 cmc mass trample for the win, you'll probably have something with larger than 2 power out.
Rule of Law is great for multiplayer, but Curse of Exhaustion might fit if you're gearing the deck for 1v1. If you are going for multiplayer, then Kismet works great at slowing opponents down without impacting yourself.
With the amount of PWs in the deck, Ignite the Beacon and Oath of Ajani might be worthwhile.
Phyrexian Rebirth could be a good board wipe, especially if you have crazy token amounts. Especially funny if you can combo it with Fresh Meat . Also funny with Requiem Angel out - a card worth including on its own, especially if you end up juggling your own tokens for other things.
Hardened Scales , Gavony Township , and Bloodspore Thrinax , could play nice with the +1/+1 subtheme.
Ashnod's Altar is great for utilizing creature tokens to get more things out.
Tireless Tracker might help with card draw later and gets some counters on its own.
The deck comp is pretty balanced, so Traverse the Ulvenwald might be effective. Congregation at Dawn and Chord of Calling are other tutor options if you find that the deck is more successful with particular creatures out.
I love swapping weaker tokens with Emrakul's Evangel (another fun fresh meat combo play). Of course, there is always Divine Visitation as well. It's easy to go overboard on doublers, but I figured I'd give a shout out to Primal Vigor and Second Harvest .
Swords to Plowshares for Pacifism ; might be better in some scenarios and always allows you to target your own creature to get some life out of it if you need to or if you go for the lifegain route.
Speaking of the lifegain route, if you want to go for it, here's some things that could work well: Phantom Nishoba , Wall of Reverence , Cradle of Vitality , Fumigate , Congregate , Blighted Steppe , Blossoming Sands , Gingerbread Cabin , Radiant Fountain , Graypelt Refuge , Kabira Crossroads , High Market , and Phyrexian Processor . The land balance will need to be played with if you want to swap the basics for some of those. Also, most Ajani PWs will work well for a more lifegain focused deck.
Now, when I think token generation, I think artifacts for many things. Thopter Assembly , Genesis Chamber , and Summoning Station come to mind. If you end up with more artifact tokens, you can use them with things like Krark-Clan Ironworks and Kuldotha Forgemaster . Also help with things like Dispatch .
Annnnnd one more suggestion if I haven't overstayed my welcome. Funny things can happen in token decks that put out a lot of creatures when you play The Great Aurora . Usually gives you a much stronger board state than opponents - might want to have a safety Reliquary Tower in for that hand size though!
Sorry if I doubled up on anything you had already considered!
1 month ago
If you want to play aggro, you need a commander designed to do it, first off. If you're having trouble finding favorable attacks, you're not deck building well enough. You need to only play cards that lean into your win condition and help you win early, if that is your goal.
You shouldn't run many 5+ drops because they will be dead cards during the time you want to press advantage. Any high cmc cards included need to have immediate effect and be tools to immediately close out a game such a Overwhelming Stampede
1 month ago
Sughes thanks for the interest in this deck. This deck is a very high power deck, missing only the fast mana from a full Marwyn, the Nurturer competitive list. Here is the link to my primer https://www.moxfield.com/decks/rfxjWcW2kkW5QU24G_KzHQ on Moxfield To be honest i do not recommend over run effects such as Overwhelming Stampede or Craterhoof Behemoth. These are just "win-more" cards in this deck. Here is one of the best non-budget versions of Marwyn with a primer as well. it will give you some good reasonings for card selection and ommissions . . (https://www.moxfield.com/decks/4OTNfgjRNki4olzgJBYQDQ) .
1 month ago
Mirage Mirror, Pattern of Rebirth, Garruk, Primal Hunter, Return of the Wildspeaker, Kenrith's Transformation, Chord of Calling, Gemrazer, Ohran Frostfang, Sawtusk Demolisher, Force of Vigor, Obscuring Haze, Ram Through, Rampage of the Clans, Thwart the Enemy, Vines of Vastwood, Tribute to the Wild, Rancor, Swarmyard, Monstrous Onslaught, Overwhelming Stampede, Roar of Challenge, Jeweled Lotus
3 months ago
Great start! There are a few categories of stuff I would add, I will start with budget options:
Other good cards, but not as budge
Cards to Consider Cutting:
That is all for now, but I can suggest more later.