Creature — Sliver
Sliver creatures you control have "Tap: Add one mana of any colour to your mana pool."
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster: Store Edition (MYSTOR)||Rare|
|Magic 2014 (M14)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Manaweft Sliver occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Manaweft Sliver Discussion
2 weeks ago
In regards to sideboards - they don't exist in EDH. This is a singleton format where players bring their decks as they are. So...unless those are cards you are considering for the deck - ya gotta cut em. Now here are some suggestions on what you could put in the deck to help it run more consistently:
- Manaweft Sliver: Like Gemhide Sliver but better.
- Worldly Tutor/Congregation at Dawn: These are tutors that have synergy with your commander (who must already be in play). Tutor for the 1 (or 3 slivers that each have a CMC 1 less than the other} and place it on top of your library. When casting Congregation at Dawn you can stack 3 slivers each with 3 different CMCs and - voalá you have 2 more Slivers coming into play.
- Skyshroud Claim/Pir's Whim/Nature's Lore/Sliver Hive/City of Brass/Exotic Orchard/Reflecting Pool/Chromatic Lantern/: For a 5c deck you have woefully little ramp/manafixing.
- Path to Exile/Swords to Plowshares/Anguished Unmaking/Krosan Grip/Beast Within/Generous Gift/Counterspell/Swan Song/Mana Leak/Arcane Denial/Forbid: Your deck has very little interaction - making you just a passive victim when your opponents decide it's time to deal with you - or when your opponents are going off. You need to be able to act. Slivers aren't passive creatures, and neither should you be when piloting them.
HONORABLE MENTIONS FOR ADDITIONAL CUTS: I know I went over a bunch of cuts in my previous post, but here are some more suggestions -
- Assemble the Legion/Retreat to Emeria/Birthing Boughs: You don't need Sliver Queen to make more tokens in an efficient manner. Allow me to introduce you to Brood Sliver and Hive Stirrings. Why go throught the trouble of making a janky combo that creates soldier tokens/changelings in cheap Sliver costumes when you could just...make Slivers? You also have the added flavor of getting double the tokens per combat damage assignment step when you have both Brood Sliver and Bonescythe Sliver out on the battlefield. Worse yet - Legion, Emeria and Boughs have absolutely no synergy with your commander outright. you have to hope you have Hivestone on the battlefield. AND THEN even if you have alll of the parts and pieces on the board you have literally zero cards in your deck that are CMC 0 - as tokens have a CMC of 0 - creating a total non-bo that just allows you to only be able to shuffle your library. That's it.
2 weeks ago
A really good combo for slivers is a Thorncaster Sliver plus any deathtouch sliver so you can board wipe your opponent. It's just over 2 dollars but it can be worth it. You already have Manaweft Sliver but Gemhide Sliver does the same thing if you find you need more mana slivers.
1 month ago
id just use Gemhide Sliver or Manaweft Sliver for mana dorking/ramping instead of your land fetch and sac eldrazi and get them big fuckers out quick for the +1+1 ramping and maybe a couple Groundshaker Sliver if you need to keep it mono color. can treat it as a speedy agro deck that way. but thats only an opinion.
1 month ago
Sorry for taking so long for getting around to doing an honest critique. I'll just give you my thoughts as they come to me. So you want me to suggest what to cut, and what interaction and ramp should you consider for your deck? Well, first things first - you should try and have a average CMC lower than 3. You should focus on playing as many slivers as you can while trying to win via combo using Sliver Queen - or through commander damage as Overlord has the "magical 7" commander power. What do I mean by magical 7? Well with overlord (and Bonescythe Sliver) on the board it takes 2 or 3 swings getting through to just knock a player out for good, giving another viable strategy for winning. But I digress - when you are spending more than 5 mana on a spell, you should be making a play that will shift a significant amount of momentum your way, or outright win you the game. So now, lets start with possible cuts:
Morophon, the Boundless: This is subjective, but I maintain the idea that Morophon is a strictly "win-more" card in a Slivers deck. When you tap out to cast this thing you'll definitely be able to cast every sliver in hand, but the only way to get them there is to have your commander already on the battlefield, and enough mana to tutor for all of your wincon slivers in the first place. Full disclosure, i've never attempted to use Morophon in my deck, so there may be something i'm missing - but for 7 mana all I can see is that the best that card can do is just put you in an even better board position. While nice, it's just not worth it. Cut.
Constricting Sliver: This in my opinion is just a poorly designed sliver. For 6 mana you're getting a poor man's oblivion ring. It can't even hold commanders hostage because of the exile effect. At best, this sliver can be a minor annoyance on the battlefield but it will hardly become much of an issue. Cut.
Ward Sliver: I'm a little iffy on cutting this one only because pro-color can be pretty strong. The only issue is that it can't be flickered reliably outside of Frenetic Sliver, but that's a bit too high risk for a more competitive sliver build. Again, you spending alot of mana for only something that can improve your boardstate...but not ensure you're going to win. If I was spending 5 mana, i'd want to cast something like a Mana Echoes or Intruder Alarm and a Gemhide Sliver. While a good sliver, it's just a little too high cost for something that's meant to be aggressive and low to the ground. Cut? up to you.
Pulmonic Sliver: For 5 mana this card does give your side of the board some resilience...but very little else. There are better spells out there that can give you graveyard recursion such as Patriarch's Bidding, Yawgmoth's Will or Living Death. Pulmonic is just over costed for what it does. Cut.
Virulent Sliver: Now this is an honorable mention here...as poison isn't very potent. You'd have to land 10 individual attacks on an opponent to kill them with poison. That number goes down to 5 when Bonescythe Sliver is on the field, but ultimately that 1 mana can go toward something better like a Manaweft Sliver, which isn't in your deck and absolutely should be. Virulent needs to get Cut.
Also, I don't remember if I said this, but awesome deck description! I'll post more thoughts as I have time. Keep working on your build! Chitinous Approval Ensues
2 months ago
Birds of paradise are great versatility because they are mana dorks that can also be cannon fodder to stop flyers, but if you need something more price effective Gemhide Sliver or Manaweft Sliver are very cheap alternatives. or Utopia Sprawl or Wild Growth if you need to shave some dollars off of your deck price.
2 months ago
3 months ago
Hmmmm ... perhaps you could lean a little more on green and use Drover of the Mighty / Channeler Initiate / Paradise Druid and/or Song of Freyalise / Cryptolith Rite to go with Sylvan Caryatid for mana fixing/ramp. If you're not playing against Slivers, Manaweft Sliver also works like another mana dork. As for reaching devotion, have you considered some of the new multicolored nights from standard? Knights such as: Oakhame Ranger , Fireborn Knight , or Truefire Captain . Considering your commander I think Hero of Precinct One would net a lot of value here. Hope this helps.
3 months ago
hey k_drake, both have completely different playstyles and they're great in their own way.
First, I'd invest in mana base.
You could try getting some shock lands or cheaper versions (but still fetchable) lands like Cinder Glade and Canopy Vista . Plus there are some cheap fetch lands that enter the battlefield tapped, Flood Plain , Grasslands , Mountain Valley , Rocky Tar Pit and Bad River to name a few.
Feel free to link your decklist, it'll be a pleasure to take a look and help a fellow Sliver player.
I personnaly play The First Sliver (The Birth of the Swarm - [EDH]), it can lead to very explosive plays but is less consistent than the Sliver Overlord.
You should try them both since you already have those cards.
Have a good day!