|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Magic 2014 (M14)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Sliver
Sliver creatures you control have "Tap: Add one mana of any colour to your mana pool."
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (18)||ibraJG84 , ironax , Mousemke , pskinn01 , abby315 , Yawkcorb , Psycheretic , bakeraj4 , LeroyJones , rakdos24 , Candyman949 , TheRealPeaches , BladeMasta220 , golgarigirl , xXThormentXx , , frederiklw , fireborne1986|
|Want (2)||Turtlelover73 , Grantley91|
Manaweft Sliver Discussion
3 weeks ago
I'm assuming you're playing a casual format where just about every card is legal so I'll give you a broad list of options.
Incidentally, the first deck I made was a slivers tribal as well :)
- Ancient Ziggurat: Provides you any color of mana you need but on the condition that it's only spent for creatures.
- Sliver Hive: One of the two best lands for a sliver deck. You get any color you want without restrictions for a sliver deck. Late game, it provides functionality by allowing you to poop baby slivers out whenever needed.
- Cavern of Souls: The other best land and likely the best land in the game for tribal? Like the others, it provides you with every color AND makes your creatures uncounter-able. Extremely useful against blue deck matchups. Downside is that it's like 40$ a piece
- Unclaimed Territory: The cheaper brother of Cavern of Souls. Does everything it does for but doesn't give the "can't be countered clause." Worth considering since it's about 6% the cost of Cavern of Souls.
- Mutavault: Only provides colorless mana but can't turned into a creature at any time. Basically it can become a sliver whenever you need it, perhaps as a bait, blocker, or extra attacker.
- Gemhide Sliver / Manaweft Sliver: Excellent and perhaps critical if you're running several colors. Turns your slivers into mana dorks and allows you to speed up your game by providing more mana. Many sliver decks run 4x.
- Diffusion Sliver: If you're looking to modern-ize your deck then replace Crystalline Sliver with this. It's not that good comparatively but it's modern legal.
- Sinew Sliver, Predatory Sliver, Muscle Sliver: Your bread and butter of the deck. You're likely to run 8x of them if possible.
- Galerider Sliver: Literally a better version of Winged Sliver. It costs one mana less and does everything better. Replace Winged Sliver with this if you can.
- Venom Sliver: Gives all your slivers deathtouch, making them all deadly.
- Pulmonic Sliver: Gives all your slivers flying as well as the ability to "revive them" by putting them on top of your library upon death.
- Bonescythe Sliver: Gives all double strike. Easy way to secure your combat advantage and double your damage potential all in one go.
- Sentinel Sliver: Provdes vigilance to all your slivers. I love this card personally and run 2x.
- Sliver Queen, Sliver Hivelord, Sliver Legion, Sliver Overlord: Your sliver gods. All expensive but provide crazy utility. Queen makes more sliver. Hivelord gives your guys indestructibility. Legion provides stat buffs. Overlord allows you to search your library for any sliver you want.
- Collected Company: Luckily most slivers are 3 and below the CMC cost, usually making CoCo a 2-for-1 card. In essence, consider this an instant that reads "play this whenever you want to have 2 more slivers on the board." Can be used for surprise blockers / increasing your board presence. You may find that lowering the CMC to 3 and below maximize the value of this card.
- Aether Vial: Get 4x of this if you can. It's very costly but extremely useful. Allows you summon free creatures essentially at instant speed. This will be your turn 1 most of the time move if possible.
3 weeks ago
Some that I didn't see in the list but I run include Bear Umbra, Chief Engineer, City of Shadows, Dowsing Dagger Flip, Etherium Sculptor, Foundry Inspector, Gemhide Sliver, Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip, Gyre Sage, Herald's Horn, Hickory Woodlot, Hollow Trees, Kiora, Master of the Depths, Krark-Clan Ironworks, Legion's Landing Flip, Mage-Ring Network, Manaweft Sliver, Myriad Landscape, Nature's Will, Nissa, Vital Force, Nissa, Worldwaker, Patron of the Orochi, Rushwood Grove, Sand Silos, Saprazzan Cove, Saprazzan Skerry, Sword of Feast and Famine, Teferi, Temporal Archmage, Training Grounds, and Urza's Incubator.
1 month ago
1 month ago
JLang41: I like both of those cards. I do have a slight concern about having more nonbasic lands than basic lands because of Blood Moon, but I should be fine, so long as I have Manaweft Sliver on the battlefield.
1 month ago
On the topic of lands to ramp, a general rule of thumb is to have around 50 mana sources in the deck including lands and ramp. In this deck in particular I would suggest closer to 53 or 54.
To make room for more ramp, I would cut Megantic Sliver, Battle Sliver, Dictate of Kruphix, Spellbook, Transguild Promenade, and Courser of Kruphix. Cards I would add are Birds of Paradise, Simic Signet, Golgari Signet, Manaweft Sliver, and Gruul Signet.
I would also add a little more card draw/selection. Some of the best of these are Dig Through Time and Treasure Cruise. Delve in general is a very powerful mechanic. I would cut Comeuppance and Thorncaster Sliver for both.
2 months ago
What do you think about Aggravated Assault?
Or it can help with the beatdown if you fall short.
2 months ago
2 months ago
Looks like your deck could use a little help. First I'd add sets of Sliver Hive and Unclaimed Territory to make your mana work a little easier. A set of Cavern of Souls would also help, but they're pretty expensive right now so I wouldn't fault you for not getting them. Next, I'd max out on 4-of the best slivers: Predatory Sliver, Manaweft Sliver, and I'd consider Sedge Sliver as well (you already have 4 Sinew Sliver, which is great!). Your 2x Spinneret Sliver and 2 of your Venom Slivers can be replaced with Galerider Sliver since flying is better than reach and lets your team get through more often. I'd cut the Diabolic Tutors since they're too slow for an aggressive deck like this and replace them with 2x Dismember and another Aether Vial if you can find one. If you really want the tutoring effect, 1 or 2 Homing Slivers would be better anyway.
If you'd like to see my Sliver deck, take a look here: Slivers beat Merfolk!