Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
Forgotten Cave enters the battlefield tapped.
: Add .
Cycling (, Discard this card: Draw a card.)
3 months ago
Is Sandstone Needle over your budget? Also, are the cycling ETB tapped Red lands too pricey? I'm thinking maybe Desert of the Fervent, Smoldering Crater, and Forgotten Cave would give you some 1 and 2 drops that 'do something' while still being a land.
Just a thought, but I think Temur Battle Rage is cheaper than Spirit Guide, and I think it has a way bigger impact if you draw it after putting 10-20 counters on your Giant, what do you think?
eliakimras on B.F.D.
4 months ago
Glancing through your cards, your deck's problem might be because you're building it based on best-case scenario, with tons of clones and blink synergies. (In my playgroup, Miirym always gets removed before her untap step, so the Miirym player does not rely on her sticking to the board.)
I'll suggest some upgrades for your deck based on making it more consistent and less dependant on Miirym:
Explosive turns with lots of cost reducers sound nice... if people don't blow up your dorks before you get any value from them.
- I would swap out Dragonlord's Servant, Goblin Anarchomancer, Bronze Walrus, Dragonspeaker Shaman, Open the Gates, Mind Stone, Lapis Orb of Dragonkind, Commander's Sphere, Gilded Lotus for Fellwar Stone, Farseek, Nature's Lore, Three Visits, Cultivate, Kodama's Reach, Chromatic Lantern, Coalition Relic, Herald's Horn.
2nd. You need more lands (36 lands + 13 ramp cards is a good starting point)
- Storage lands like Crucible of the Spirit Dragon are only worth it with proliferate shenanigans. Exotic Orchard serves you better.
- Forgotten Cave and Tranquil Thicket can be Sheltered Thicket and Ketria Triome instead. (Synergy with the landfetchers above.)
- Highland Lake, Swiftwater Cliffs, Temple of Epiphany, Timber Gorge and Woodland Stream could be these utility lands instead: Mosswort Bridge, Myriad Landscape, Blighted Woodland, Kessig Wolf Run, Littjara Mirrorlake.
- Bala Ged Recovery Flip, Valakut Awakening Flip and Glasspool Mimic Flip are three spells that can be played as a land. I would take out Dragonmaster Outcast, Delina, Wild Mage and Demanding Dragon for them.
- Evolving Wilds and Terramorphic Expanse could be swapped out for Unclaimed Territory and Secluded Courtyard.
3rd. Better counterspells
4th. Better removal
5th. Better boardwipes
- Klauth's Will is a more versatile Magmaquake. Ryusei, the Falling Star can be cloned for extra doom for your opponents. Curse of the Swine does not touch your board.
- I would take out Magmaquake, Preordain and Opt for the cards above.
6th. More card draw
- Garruk's Uprising is a better Colossal Majesty.
- Garruk, Primal Hunter and Return of the Wildspeaker are also all-stars here. I would take Korlessa, Scale Singer and Mirror Box out for them.
7th. Better win conditions
- About this, please check miirym , need recommendations build and the comment I made on that page. You have plenty of options in this regard.
6 months ago
Generally I'd be wary of including too many tap lands. Better to have a basic land that you can tap that turn than a land that enters tapped that you have to wait for. Basics are your friend!
1 year ago
lego22499 this seems like a very fun and explosive Combo/Copy deck! I think the key to cracking/breaking Neera, Wild Mage is going to be focusing on lower CMC ramp and interaction without jeopardizing Neera's ability. She can be a tough cookie to crack but one idea that comes to my mind is adding some cheap early game interaction that you aren't necessarily disappointed to hit with the Neera later in the game. Another way to aid in this struggle may be to run a higher than usual land count considering you may not want to be hitting many low CMC ramp/rocks with Neera's abillity and would rather hit the lands to get closer to something BIG hiding in your deck plus it wouldn't hurt to draw some extra lands early... especially Utility lands or lands that have a Cycling ability as this could help with draw if you start to flood out. That's the best I've got for now but I'll give it some more thought as well as feature the deck and maybe you can get some HOT tips from EDH players more familiar brewing around Storm, Combo, Copy, Ect. Anyways cool deck looking forward to seeing how it develops!
Low CMC Interaction
Castle Vantress, Mystic Sanctuary, Wandering Fumarole, Skyline Cascade, Halimar Depths, Soaring Seacliff, Faerie Conclave, Moonring Island, Cephalid Coliseum, Magosi, the Waterveil, Spinerock Knoll, Shinka, the Bloodsoaked Keep, Ghitu Encampment, Madblind Mountain, Hanweir Battlements Meld, Kher Keep, Hellion Crucible, Reliquary Tower, Wasteland, Strip Mine
1 year ago
I noticed you said land value was a concern, so I had some thoughts:
I'd recommend using something like Chromatic Lantern to help cover color needs. I know you said budget was a concern so maybe stuff like Utopia Sprawl or Trace of Abundance over things like Bloom Tender.
Considering how (most) WUBRG builds rely on green to do the heavy lifting, if you could spring for a copy of Yavimaya, Cradle of Growth it could really help a lot.
If you consider Bounce Lands (Gruul Turf, Simic Growth Chamber), you'd get more value back out of your cycle lands. Again, I'm unsure what the budget is but I wanted to provide a few interesting options to get you the colors you're in need of!
I hope this helps a bit! Best of luck!
1 year ago
1 year ago
A couple of suggestions:
Depending on how much you're looking to spend, the card that would have the single biggest impact on your commander's performance would probably be Krark's Thumb (possibly supported by some combination of Muddle the Mixture and Fabricate to tutor it).
1 year ago
Hey, I'll first comment here then at a later time at your Zombie deck.
The theme you have here is called Spellslinger and with Spellslinger you want less creatures than normal, more instants as well as sorceries. Spellslinger is essentially control in Commander therefore the cards you tap out for need to be impactful. If you're new to the Spellslinger idea then overall with less than $200 budget you've done well so far, but you forgot Command Tower. You have several really nice cards, but also some stinkers that could be upgraded on a budget.
Consider more lands and ramp? To keep mana open at all times when you cast noninstant spells. 31 lands is low, not really enough land when you want to be making your land drops each turn. My advice is try 36 lands and 12 or more ramp sources. If you don't want to add more lands than instead add more low 1-2 CMC draw or best a combination of both.
- Command Tower
- Storm-Kiln Artist
- Fellwar Stone
- Unexpected Windfall
- High Tide
- Thrill of Possibility
- Star Compass
- Lonely Sandbar: one mana draw to trigger Niv.
- Forgotten Cave
- Reliquary Tower: no max hand size.
- Mystic Sanctuary: recur instant or sorcery.
- Volatile Fjord: gives Scalding Tarn a Izzet dual land to search for.
- Shivan Reef
- Grixis Panorama
If your primary win condition is Niv enchanted by Curiosity then you're going to want ways to shuffle all the cards in your hand back into your library. You'll want this effect to be able to keep drawing and doing damage with Niv since Niv only does damage to one target for each trigger. Ophidian Eye is another Curiosity. Each opponent will have 40 or more life thus you won't consistently have enough cards in your library to end all your opponents with Niv's damage without having more draw. Psychosis Crawler can help since it makes each opponent lose 1 life each time you draw a card.
Curiosity/Ophidian Eye is a may, you don't have to draw when you do damage with Niv. Because you can stop the combo then you can stop drawing so you don't draw from an empty library and lose the game. Stopping the combo also lets you cast a creature or sorcery to shuttle all cards from your hand back into your library to keep drawing and continue the combo. Whirlpool Warrior has this effect at least twice and Whirlpool Rider is only two mana.
Consider streamline/cut the creature base down to the 10-15 best creatures, less creatures the better and use the other spots for more instants?
A streamlined example of the current creature base (sorted by CMC):
- Goblin Electromancer
- Birgi, God of Storytelling
- Veyran, Voice of Duality
- Palladium Myr
- Archmage Emeritus
- Galazeth Prismari
- Talrand, Sky Summoner
I'm also suggesting some creatures upgrades who most have better interaction with Niv:
- Whirlpool Warrior --> Academy Drake
- Whirlpool Rider --> Fae of Wishes
- Psychosis Crawler --> Radiant Performer
- Tandem Lookout --> Skyclave Sentinel
- Storm-Kiln Artist --> Orvar, the All-Form
- Dualcaster Mage --> Relic Robber
Tandem Lookout soulbond to Guttersnipe/Electrostatic Field can draw a lot of cards because Lookout cares about any damage that the paired creature does and Guttersnipe does 2 damage to each opponent. You draw a number of cards equal to the number of opponents you have each time Guttersnipe triggers. Lookout is Curiosity, but the draw is not a may, you have to draw and Lookout can change who it's soulbond unlike auras.
Tandem Lookout can be soulbond to Niv, but it's risky because you can't stop the combo because you can't stop the draw without help. You'll need an instant way to shuffle all cards from your hand back into your library or an instant way to kill/bounce Lookout before you draw the rest of your library. If you don't do this you will lose the game from trying to draw from an empty library since you'll draw your entire library. Drawing your entire library can enable a win condition of Laboratory Maniac or Jace, Wielder of Mysteries and Jace has the advantage that he can draw card/cards to trigger Niv.
I've suggested a lot of card upgrades and hopefully given you advice to think about. Let me know your thoughts and if you would like me to continue in another comment including more cuts to consider. Good luck with your deck.