: Add to your mana pool.
, Sacrifice Crystal Vein: Add to your mana pool.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Crystal Vein Discussion
4 days ago
Goose_ Thank you a ton! Glad you like it. I hated the idea of dredge because binning a bunch of useful things into your graveyard made me really hate the idea. Plus, the combo is to much for my playgroup and they would never let me play it if I built it that way. As for the mana base, you can totally build it on a budget and it'll still run beautifully. Lands like Terramorphic Expanse that let you still fetch lands will still put in work in a deck like this. Fabled Passage has come down in price so that's an amazing option as well! The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale is really only in here because I love the card. You totally do not need it whatsoever. Cards like Crystal Vein are perfect since they still tap for two and can be sacrificed. Perfect option if Ancient Tomb is out of anyone's budget!. After that, I would just get creative! Lands that you know will put in work like Bojuka Bog and Maze of Ith are fun and interesting options for your mana base! Then the standard array of multi-colored lands and that will wrap it up perfectly. Hope this helped!
2 weeks ago
Oh crap super sorry I didn't see the deck was modern, a ton of those suggestions aren't legal. These are the ones that aren't legal my apologies.
Sorry again, hope the other suggestions still help!
2 weeks ago
Hey there! Ramping can be quite difficult in colorless, and while you have some wonderful ramp rocks, I'd recommend a few others as well! I'd recommend cutting a few eldrazi or things you can spare, since there's no use in filling your hand with huge spells if you can't cast them!
- Thran Dynamo / Sisay's Ring : Both pretty simple, but they can be used as soon as they're out and from then on can easily provide a source of mana to cast more things, much like Hedron archive.
- Forsaken Monument : INSANELY ramps, and while it may cost a bit of mana, this can make all your lands, and most of your ramp essentially double, allowing you to cast a TON more spells much faster. It even buffs the eldrazi, and gains you life you may have lost in earlier turns.
- Palladium Myr / Hedron Crawler : These guys may not seem like the best, but you have very few cheaper blockers, and you thus may get killed before you can cast big things. You can block big creatures with these, in addition to using them for ramp, so you can cast bigger spells.
- Crystal Vein : Easily provides colorless, the only source you need, and offers more if you chose to sac it, putting you one turn ahead in casting some big eldrazi!
- Ugin, the Ineffable : Costs quite a bit, but makes ALL the eldrazi (and most ramp spells) cost 2 less, greatly reducing their cost.
- Mind Stone : A great, cheap, colorless source that can help you ramp, putting you one turn ahead, as well as offering card draw if necessary!
The next few may OR may not be out of your budget, so here they are if you haven't heard of them:
- Ancient Tomb : great ramping land, providing 2 colorless at the expense of just 2 life- this is great from early turns and can help you ramp into more ramp so you can cast big spells much faster.
- Urza's Incubator : You could name eldrazi, and essentially do what Ugin did as mentioned above for half the cost in mana. This could really be a great ramp spell and costs very little mana.
- Mana Vault : Even if you just use it once this can put you WAY ahead in the game, 3+ turns to be exact.
- Mana Crypt : costs no mana, ramps you just as good as something that costs 3 mana. Its pricey, but very, very, very powerful.
Hope this helps! Be sure to check out some of my decks, and drop an upvote if you'd like! Good luck on the deck- cheers!
Edit: some cuts I recommend are 2 of the all is dusts, both karns (they're fun, but not worth it), and possibly 2 of the thought-knot seers as long as you'd be adding some of the blockers mentioned above.
2 months ago
Hey there! Here are some suggestions.
- Twinflame : Also goes infinite with dualcaster mage
- Cathartic Reunion / Thrill of Possibility / Tormenting Voice : Cheap card draw
- Wasteland / Strip Mine : Land removal can be extremely helpful, especially if your having trouble finding answers
- Crystal Vein / Ancient Tomb : Can help you cast Purphy a bit faster
- Blood Sun / Blood Moon / Magus of the Moon : Can completely shut down other decks and give you more than enough time to win
- Glacial Chasm : Can be taxing but if you need time to assemble your board and win, this can be extremely helpful.
- Stax/hatebear pieces like Mana Web , Crawlspace , Ruination
3 months ago
Starting to track changes now.
Swapped out Urbog for Crystal Vein . My mana costs feel flexible enough that I don't need Urbog to fix my mana, I'm not running Cabal Coffers , and having the extra sac for more mana when I want to go off with few downsides seems more synergistic.
6 months ago
Hey there! Some ramp you may want to consider are Commander's Sphere, Dockside Extortionist, Extraplanar Lens, Geosurge, Irencrag Feat, (If you can afford it maybe a Jeweled Lotus for Chandra?) Lotus Petal, Mana Flare, Mind Stone, Seething Song, Simian Spirit Guide, and especially Treasonous Ogre. I also find that including a Crystal Vein/Dwarven Ruins can be super beneficial, as would a Strip Mine/Wasteland!! Ramp is super important, and even if some of these don't work for you, I think some of them could definitely be switched in for some stuff you have now! Hope this helps, and have a great day!!
6 months ago
Ah yes, ramp in mono-red! In one of my primers (also mono-red) I also found many ramp cards in red, and here I might have a few that could improve the deck while staying in budget! I'm afraid there aren't that many, but I would certainly think about including Commander's Sphere, and DEFINITELY Treasonous Ogre for within budget, and maybe Seething Song, and Simian Spirit Guide for slightly out of budget! Also, you might find that Crystal Vein and Dwarven Ruins works pretty well instead of some basics! Also nice idea with Irencrag Feat to be honest I didn't even know it existed, and it will definitely be entering my deck stated previously! Hope this helps, seems like a cool solid deck, and good luck on it! Have a nice evening!
6 months ago
Hey there! I might have a few suggestions on ways to improve the ramp section whilst staying within budget. First off, I don't think you would consider this ramp, but as it will help get rid of some costs I figured you might like it: Brass Squire. You run 16+ equipment spells and if they are a big part of the deck, brass might do well. Hammer of Nazahn might be a bit out of your budget, but if you are willing to spend it, just like brass squire it could work quite well indeed. Treasonous Ogre is also super cheap but allows you to get at least ten red mana if you wanted to if not more, allowing you to possibly get everything you need out before winning! Simian Spirit Guide isn't as powerful, but can act as a sort of cheaper Lotus Petal in mono-red, thus it could be pretty good. Geosurge is like seething song, and I think it could work much better than Rite of Flame. Rite of flame literally costs one and gives you to, meaning its giving you one mana. But you could have had that one mana from just tapping a land. So I would definitely cut it since you can only have one copy. As for lands, I would certainly recommend a Dwarven Ruins and a Crystal Vein! Hope this helps, good luck on your deck, and have a wonderful day! Happy tapping!