Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
Woodland Stream enters the battlefield tapped.
: Gain or .
eliakimras on B.F.D.
6 months ago
Glancing through your cards, your deck's problem might be because you're building it based on best-case scenario, with tons of clones and blink synergies. (In my playgroup, Miirym always gets removed before her untap step, so the Miirym player does not rely on her sticking to the board.)
I'll suggest some upgrades for your deck based on making it more consistent and less dependant on Miirym:
Explosive turns with lots of cost reducers sound nice... if people don't blow up your dorks before you get any value from them.
- I would swap out Dragonlord's Servant, Goblin Anarchomancer, Bronze Walrus, Dragonspeaker Shaman, Open the Gates, Mind Stone, Lapis Orb of Dragonkind, Commander's Sphere, Gilded Lotus for Fellwar Stone, Farseek, Nature's Lore, Three Visits, Cultivate, Kodama's Reach, Chromatic Lantern, Coalition Relic, Herald's Horn.
2nd. You need more lands (36 lands + 13 ramp cards is a good starting point)
- Storage lands like Crucible of the Spirit Dragon are only worth it with proliferate shenanigans. Exotic Orchard serves you better.
- Forgotten Cave and Tranquil Thicket can be Sheltered Thicket and Ketria Triome instead. (Synergy with the landfetchers above.)
- Highland Lake, Swiftwater Cliffs, Temple of Epiphany, Timber Gorge and Woodland Stream could be these utility lands instead: Mosswort Bridge, Myriad Landscape, Blighted Woodland, Kessig Wolf Run, Littjara Mirrorlake.
- Bala Ged Recovery Flip, Valakut Awakening Flip and Glasspool Mimic Flip are three spells that can be played as a land. I would take out Dragonmaster Outcast, Delina, Wild Mage and Demanding Dragon for them.
- Evolving Wilds and Terramorphic Expanse could be swapped out for Unclaimed Territory and Secluded Courtyard.
3rd. Better counterspells
4th. Better removal
5th. Better boardwipes
- Klauth's Will is a more versatile Magmaquake. Ryusei, the Falling Star can be cloned for extra doom for your opponents. Curse of the Swine does not touch your board.
- I would take out Magmaquake, Preordain and Opt for the cards above.
6th. More card draw
- Garruk's Uprising is a better Colossal Majesty.
- Garruk, Primal Hunter and Return of the Wildspeaker are also all-stars here. I would take Korlessa, Scale Singer and Mirror Box out for them.
7th. Better win conditions
- About this, please check miirym , need recommendations build and the comment I made on that page. You have plenty of options in this regard.
2 years ago
Hey, for a first Commander deck very nice budget version of Tuvasa.
Robe of Stars is from new Aura of Courage Commander precon and it's powerful repeatable protection for Tuvasa and all auras that are attached to her. Mantle of the Ancients is also in that precon and it's a way to reanimate all your auras while also pumping Tuvasa. Open the Armory is a budget aura tutor or it can could get Robe. Moon-Blessed Cleric is a budget enchantment tutor from Adventures of Forgotten Realms.
- Robe of Stars --> Starfield of Nyx
- Mantle of the Ancients --> Creeping Renaissance
- Open the Armory --> Martial Law
- Moon-Blessed Cleric --> Plea for Guidance
Setessan Champion is an upgrade for an enchantress. Alpha Authority can protect Tuvasa from opponents targeting with hexproof, but still lets you target her to keep enchanting her and it also gives menace which combined with how big Tuvasa can get is good evasion for her. Favor of the Overbeing gives flying evasion and vigilance letting Tuvasa be an attacker as well as a blocker. Seal of Primordium is an upgrade for Reclamation Sage since it's an enchantment that you can sac right away or at instant speed later.
- Setessan Champion --> Yavimaya Enchantress
- Alpha Authority --> Alseid of Life's Bounty
- Favor of the Overbeing --> Hypnotic Siren
- Seal of Primordium --> Reclamation Sage
Consider some budget manabase improvements? The manabase looks neglected compared to the rest of your deck. 26 basic lands is a lot for three colors and except for Command Tower all the other dual lands here ETB tapped. Some lands to consider adding in place of some basic lands, Tranquil Expanse, Woodland Stream and Meandering River:
- Exotic Orchard
- Bant Panorama
- Path of Ancestry
- Yavimaya Coast
- Prairie Stream
- Canopy Vista
- Port Town
- Fortified Village
- Vineglimmer Snarl
The Tango lands and Reveal lands have interaction with basic lands to ETB untapped. Could also consider cutting a few lands in place of some more ramp/color fixing that has interaction with Tuvasa. Wild Growth, Abundant Growth and Wolfwillow Haven.
Good luck with your deck.
2 years ago
Hey, well done on a budget less than $100.
Some budget upgrades to consider then I'll explain some of these suggestions.
- Court of Bounty --> Bounty of the Luxa
- Garruk's Uprising --> Talons of Wildwood
- Fierce Empath --> Explosive Vegetation
- Spawning Kraken --> Pelakka Wurm
- Arcane Signet --> Moss Diamond
- Return of the Wildspeaker --> Rush of Knowledge
- Kiora, Behemoth Beckoner --> Grow from the Ashes
- Growth Spiral --> Beneath the Sands
- Brainstorm --> Ranger's Path
- Rimewood Falls --> Woodland Stream
- Vineglimmer Snarl --> Thornwood Falls
There's lot of ramp here specifically from land ramp spells and Arixthemthes is ramp. You can afford to cut some ramp for more draw and lower mana cost draw such as Brainstorm and Growth Spiral will help to remove slumber counters faster. Court of Bounty can be repeatable draw with the monarch as well as from your hand cheat a sea monster onto the battlefield or put a land. Garruk's Uprising can give all sea monsters trample as well as draw a card whenever a 4 or more power creature you control enters the battlefield (ETB) including creature tokens.
Fierce Empath can tutor for any 6 CMC or higher creature and you can bounce him with Whelming Wave or Crush of Tentacles to cast him again. Kiora, Behemoth Beckoner can untap Arixthemthes as well as be repeatable draw like Garruk's Uprising. Spawning Kraken is an upgrade for a sea monster since it can create it's own army as long as it, Arixthemthes or other sea monsters do combat damage to a player. Rimewood Falls is an upgrade for Woodland Stream so Farseek can search for a Simic dual land.
Good luck with your deck.
3 years ago
I like your substitute for Intuition. Very nice. Personally, I would cut one Careful Study since you aren't playing Uro, Titan of Nature's Wrath, and in it's place I'd play an additional Just the Wind or a Savage Swipe for removal.
Your sideboard is going to need a way to deal with other decks that toolbox the graveyard. If you cannot afford Echo of Eons I would recommend just playing a few copies of Tormod's Crypt. The burn matchup can be tough without Uro. For this reason, I recommend you also side two copies of Golgari Brownscale as well.
Job well done on making the deck more budget. I look forward to watching the deck's progress. Cheers!
4 years ago
Brand new user here, brand new player (been toying with MTG Arena to figure out builds I want to invest in).
I've been playing around with Omniscience . I've seen the build that combos it with Overflowing Insight to make the opponent deck out, but that just doesn't seem fun to play with or against. Instead, I've been trying to play as many big creatures as possible and win the same turn in comes out.
Here's where I'm struggling: Omniscience is a big card, so I know the deck needs to ramp quickly. I also know I need to have a constant inflow of cards into my hand. Also fine. The problem is that, when I put together the ramp cards and the drawing engines, there isn't really any room in the deck for anything else. I can fit a few big hitters, and not much to protect me until turn 5+ when I can get all of this out. Here's what I'm running right now on Arena:
2x New Horizons
2x Mana Geode
The idea is to ramp, draw cards, get Samut, Tyrant Smasher out so all my big hitters have Haste and take the game the turn they come on. I know I'm doing something inefficiently, I just don't know what. Any help would be really appreciated here.
4 years ago
Add: Combine Guildmage Evolution Sage Murkfiend Liege Karn's Bastion Thornwood Falls Vivid Grove Vivid Creek Simic Ascendancy Beastmaster Ascension Hadana's Climb Flip Inexorable Tide Nissa, Voice of Zendikar Courser of Kruphix Bow of Nylea Kruphix, God of Horizons Botanical Sanctum Hinterland Harbor Woodland Stream Temple of Mystery Simic Guildgate Lumbering Falls Primal Rage Vizier of the Menagerie Tamiyo, Collector of Tales Inspiring Call
4 years ago
4 years ago
May I suggest you Crumbling Necropolis , Frontier Bivouac , Opulent Palace , Savage Lands , Jungle Shrine , Murmuring Bosk , Sandsteppe Citadel , Seaside Citadel , Vivid Grove , Vivid Crag , Vivid Creek , Rupture Spire , Transguild Promenade , Gateway Plaza , Exotic Orchard , Evolving Wilds and Terramorphic Expanse
Bloodfell Caves , Cinder Barrens , Dismal Backwater , Forsaken Sanctuary , Foul Orchard , Graypelt Refuge , Highland Lake , Jungle Hollow , Rugged Highlands , Scoured Barrens , Stone Quarry , Submerged Boneyard , Swiftwater Cliffs , Timber Gorge , Tranquil Cove , Wind-Scarred Crag and Woodland Stream .
I think it will increase the consistency of finding your colors. You can even lower your land count to 39 this way.