: Gain .
, , Sacrifice Mind Stone: Draw a card.
|Have (2)||orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 ,|
|Want (2)||CrazyBurrito , dprairie|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Mind Stone Discussion
24 minutes ago
For draw, I'd add Ichor Wellspring . Drawing two cards and being a good two-mana stepping stone towards your combo pieces is pretty great. Other cards that come to mind for a combo deck like this are Mind Stone , Lightning Greaves , Illusionist's Bracers , Phyrexian Revoker , Crashing Drawbridge . Treasure Vault can give you infinite sac tokens/colored mana. You also might want to add Urza's Bauble and Mishra's Bauble .
3 days ago
DemonDragonJ, carlmoores, Riku is an extremely difficult Commander to build around, because he needs a lot of support to get going. Firstly, he's 5 mana in three colors. Unless you're willing to drop hundreds of dollars on the lands alone, there's a very good chance you won't get him out on turn 5 without excessive ramp. So you might think you want to build in Sol Ring , Mana Crypt , Arcane Signet , Gruul Signet , Simic Signet , Izzet Signet , Mind Stone and others. These work fine and all, but the problem is you end up taking away slots from creatures and I/S spells. Riku wants to be out and copying everything, ASAP.
Often, the "best" route are mana dorks. These will allow you to get some sort of creature base to protect yourself with, and ramp into Riku and his ability, and later on if you draw into them they are not duds because you can now copy your dorks for even more mana.
You can't copy an Arcane Signet , but you can copy a Birds of Paradise . But now you open yourself to removal, particularly wraths. So, you need to cram as many counter spells into the deck as possible.
What this now means is you have a bunch of dorks being protected by a fistful of counter spells. The reason you want to do this is because you are biding your time to drop a few choice bombs into play to secure the winning position.
Drop a Kamahl, Fist of Krosa and pay into his ability a bunch of times. Drop a Hornet Queen with Esix, Fractal Bloom already in play. Copy Hornet Queen and turn all of your tokens into copies of your Scourge of Valkas . You can also use Myr Battlesphere or Avenger of Zendikar for this. You can also use Terror of the Peaks , Apex Altisaur or Burning Sun's Avatar .
Consider the following:
- You know you want to use Riku
- But you know you need ramp
- So you know a large portion of your deck must be dedicated to ramp
- So ramp with creatures, so you can use Riku
- Now you can chain Riku and dorks together to bring out heavy hitters much, much sooner
- Focus on ETB effects to deal damage and clear the way
- Strengthen with Clone reinforcements
- You can clone your bombs, and copy your clones to clone more bombs
- When the dust settles, you're the only one left with creatures. Attack and win
For I/S spells, focus on two things: Counter spells and draw spells. You want to counter any and all wraths, as you want your boardstate to remain untouched. You also want to prevent removal on Riku if possible. The second part is draw, because you want to keep as many options open as possible. Drawing a single card per turn with Riku is a death sentence because you'll run out of gas immediately.
Riku wins through sheer, unrelenting brute force. So be smart about it, use ETB non-combat damage to clear the path and use your overbearing power and presence to hone in on singular opponents at a time.
Sure, spreading the love and hitting everyone for 12 damage is nice and all, but hitting one player for 36 and removing an entire player as a threat is far more beneficial.
Riku may be the ultimate Timmy Commander, but he absolutely plays like a Spike - he's there to win, not hold hands and sing kumbaya.
3 weeks ago
Couple of card swap suggestions. I don't really like Fatal Push in here. Pretty narrow in commander. Feed the Swarm is flexible and effective and feels like a great card for this deck. You could also probably cut Doom Blade for another counterspell. I'll recommend Arcane Denial or Drown in the Loch .
Also, Psychic Corrosion , Maddening Cacophony and Ruin Crab are nice for milling all of you opponents. Syr Konrad, the Grim and Into the Story seem like good payoffs for getting those cards into graveyards.
Other cards that don't seem to fit are Diabolic Tutor since you already have 2 other strong tutors for this deck. I think some of the above payoffs or mill cards would be a better fit. Trinket Mage since it only gets you a few artifacts that don't seem super impactful. If you really believe that you need those one and zero-drops, I can respect that. It seems like Tribute Mage might be better, though to secure your 2-drop combo and protection pieces + ramp.
Speaking of ramp my last main comment has to do with the low amount of ramp and card draw in your deck. 2 and 3 mana ramp work great to get your commander out ahead of curve and keep your deck running smoothly. I'll recommend Mind Stone and Dimir Locket as those help to kill two birds with one stone.
Also, keep an eye on Bruvac the Grandiloquent 's price. It's slowly decreasing currently but will probably go up again the next time they print a semi-decent mill commander.
1 month ago
Ugin, the Ineffable + Sensei's Divining Top + Mystic Forge = Draw your whole deck. Each piece is great for this deck on it's own, specifically top. Moreover, with your current rings of bright + basalt monotlith, top allows you to draw your whole deck and cast everything.
Mind Stone > Fractured powerstone
1 month ago
1 month ago
Hey there! Ramping can be quite difficult in colorless, and while you have some wonderful ramp rocks, I'd recommend a few others as well! I'd recommend cutting a few eldrazi or things you can spare, since there's no use in filling your hand with huge spells if you can't cast them!
- Thran Dynamo / Sisay's Ring : Both pretty simple, but they can be used as soon as they're out and from then on can easily provide a source of mana to cast more things, much like Hedron archive.
- Forsaken Monument : INSANELY ramps, and while it may cost a bit of mana, this can make all your lands, and most of your ramp essentially double, allowing you to cast a TON more spells much faster. It even buffs the eldrazi, and gains you life you may have lost in earlier turns.
- Palladium Myr / Hedron Crawler : These guys may not seem like the best, but you have very few cheaper blockers, and you thus may get killed before you can cast big things. You can block big creatures with these, in addition to using them for ramp, so you can cast bigger spells.
- Crystal Vein : Easily provides colorless, the only source you need, and offers more if you chose to sac it, putting you one turn ahead in casting some big eldrazi!
- Ugin, the Ineffable : Costs quite a bit, but makes ALL the eldrazi (and most ramp spells) cost 2 less, greatly reducing their cost.
- Mind Stone : A great, cheap, colorless source that can help you ramp, putting you one turn ahead, as well as offering card draw if necessary!
The next few may OR may not be out of your budget, so here they are if you haven't heard of them:
- Ancient Tomb : great ramping land, providing 2 colorless at the expense of just 2 life- this is great from early turns and can help you ramp into more ramp so you can cast big spells much faster.
- Urza's Incubator : You could name eldrazi, and essentially do what Ugin did as mentioned above for half the cost in mana. This could really be a great ramp spell and costs very little mana.
- Mana Vault : Even if you just use it once this can put you WAY ahead in the game, 3+ turns to be exact.
- Mana Crypt : costs no mana, ramps you just as good as something that costs 3 mana. Its pricey, but very, very, very powerful.
Hope this helps! Be sure to check out some of my decks, and drop an upvote if you'd like! Good luck on the deck- cheers!
Edit: some cuts I recommend are 2 of the all is dusts, both karns (they're fun, but not worth it), and possibly 2 of the thought-knot seers as long as you'd be adding some of the blockers mentioned above.
1 month ago
As it is right now, I think the main focus needs to be on getting more mana ramp. Expedition Map is a great card for finding specialty lands. Mana rocks like Mind Stone , Prismatic Lens , and even Marble Diamond can give you an important turn two play. Prying Blade might find a slot for early ramping too.
After that the next focus needs to be on lowing the mana curve. As it is right now it is mostly four mana value (casting cost or converted mana cost). having more one, two, and three drops will improve the speed of the deck as well.
1 month ago
depending on what u use Warping Wail i would suggest Dismember or Spatial Contortion as a better removal spell, Walking Atlas is not good enough so u can replace it for Chalice of the Void , Ratchet Bomb , Mind Stone something like that