Creature — Werewolf
Creature spells you cast cost less to cast.
At the beginning of each upkeep, if a player cast two or more spells last turn, transform Krallenhorde Howler.
Printings View all
|Shadows over Innistrad (SOI)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Krallenhorde Howler Discussion
7 months ago
I made a mistake: I thought Luna's wording said ''play'', but it is ''cast'', so no need to name lands with Moons in them.
Shadows Over Innistrad block: Markov Dreadknight Olivia's Bloodsworn Prophetic Ravings Courageous Outrider Convicted Killer Flip// Branded Howler Voldaren Pariah Flip// Abolisher of Bloodlines Ethereal Guidance Devils' Playground Descend upon the Sinful Long Road Home Humble the Brute Howlpack Resurgence Ghoulsteed Vexing Scuttler Turn Aside Tamiyo, Field Researcher Silverstrike
Tiny Moon: Desperate Sentry
2 years ago
Oh yes I see the Curious Homunculus! So...
Artifacts: the Monument cycle from Amonkhet ( Bontu's Monument ecc.), Conduit of Ruin, Helm of Awakening, Foundry Inspector, Mana Matrix, Planar Gate, Seal of the Guildpact, Semblance Anvil, Stone Calendar, Inspiring Statuary, Heartstone
Azorius: Grand Arbiter Augustin IV
Red: Hardened Berserker
White: Hero of Iroas
Selesnya: Oath of Ajani
Rakdos: Rakdos, Lord of Riots
The cycle of the Familiars ( Nightscape Familiar, ecc.)
2 years ago
I think Silverfur Partisan should def be a 4 of since it synergizes so well with your creatures.
I think some of the enchantment are either unnecessary or can be upgraded to enchantments that synergize with your deck. I would drop the Blood Mist, Gruul War Chant, and Gift of Paradise for stuff like Howlpack Resurgence and Full Moon's Rise.
Here are some cards that are budget friendly I would find room for:
For options that are above budget:
3 years ago
It doesn't have anything to do with the card's name, only whether or not it has already transformed since the ability was put onto the stack. When a card uses its own name in the text of an ability, it means "this object", and it will continue to refer to itself even if the name of the card changes somehow.
For example, if Krallenhorde Howler was about to transform, but you responded by casting Cytoshape and turning it into a Bear Cub, it would still transform (it would also still be a Bear Cub until the end of the turn, but that has to do with the rules of how copy effects work).
3 years ago
Your creature will stay as a Duskwatch Recruiter Flip because, as you mentioned, it is indeed only going to anything if the card is named Krallenhorde Howler when the transformation trigger resolves, but not quite for that exact reason. Here is an excerpt from an article on WotC's website explaining this when Shadows Over Innistrad came out.
I've saved our most technical change for last. Here's the new rule: if a DFC has an activated or triggered ability that transforms it, that permanent transforms only if it hasn't since that ability was put on the stack. What does that mean? For example, say you activate Elusive Tormentor's ability, then you activate it again in response. Why? Because you want to discard a lot of cards. Why? We're almost there. Relax. The first ability to resolve will cause Elusive Tormentor to transform, as expected. But the second ability won't, as Elusive Tormentor has already transformed because of the first ability.
3 years ago
Asking for a friend.
What happens if my opponent plays 2 spells while I have my Krallenhorde Howler on the field and I use Strionic Resonator to copy Krallenhorde Howler's transform ability? Does he transform into Duskwatch Recruiter Flip and then back into Krallenhorde Howler or does her transform into Duskwatch Recruiter Flip and then stay Duskwatch Recruiter Flip because the 2nd transform is looking for a Krallenhorde Howler?
3 years ago
I chose to include red for Radiant Flames instead of sticking to 3 colors because the mana fixing isn't a problem 99% of the time because of my playset of Aether Hub and Prophetic Prism, and also because 3 damage makes a bigger difference than it seems. 3 damage kills Spell Queller, Reflector Mage, Sylvan Advocate (before 6 lands), Tireless Tracker (even after it's been pumped once), Eldrazi Displacer, Lambholt Pacifist Flip, Krallenhorde Howler, all of the 2 toughness humans once Thalia's Lieutenant hits...
You get the idea. There are a lot of 3 toughness creatures that I can kill with flames that won't die to tendrils.
3 years ago
Thank you all for commenting. So, let's evaluate your suggestions.
- I was thinking of Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx too but I'm a little scared of it, I could try because a friend of mine has a couple for one of his decks and I think I could ask him to borrow those. I really don't want to switch out Oran-Rief, the Vastwood though so I could trim the forests down to 16 and hope to not get mana screwed by non basics :P I'm going to test it as soon as I can get my hands on it, or made proxies.
- Champion of Lambholt could be a great addition, switching it in for the 2xKessig Prowler Flip would bring the number of 3 cmc creatures to 6, not so bad, and having more green devotion just helps out with Aspect of Hydra. Do not forget that we have Krallenhorde Howler Flip also... That card could really speed up this deck. Added to the maybeboard and it will be tested.
- I understand what you say Zatypoo2929 about deathtouch but I don't like that Sedge Scorpion, maybe a Gnarlwood Dryad and count on getting Delirium in the long run. That said, I don't know if a want to switch out those 2xKessig Prowler Flip for them. The answer here could be in the addition of some removal. Lignify seems a possible choice, probably swapping out Solidarity of Heroes or Prey's Vengeance if they turn out to be too much for this list, especially the first one. With a better budget I like Dismember more as a removal.
- Servant of the Scale was in my mind but knowing that I hope to upgrade to Experiment One soon I don't know if it's worth it to test it now. That said, it's in my mind and I could get my hands on it pretty easily and almost free. Shame it's not a warrior :(
- Now the big 4 cmc creatures problems. I managed to find a couple of Ivy Lane Denizen for free so I will do some stuff with it but I know it's really slow and maybe not worth at all. As said before, adding Champion of Lambholt will just destroy this strategy and just keep the maximum creature cost to 3 cmc. On the other hand if this does work shoudl we consider other 4 cmc creatures that bring value or can be a big problem for the opponent? Let's think about warriors so they come in play already with +1/+1 and trample: Briarbridge Patrol gives clues, Surrak, the Hunt Caller ideally you should be able to unlock Ferocious at the point this comes into play and give haste to something else later, Drumhunter is another 4 cmc 2/2 but instead of getting bigger could be a draw engine and another mana source.