Land — Forest Plains
(: Gain or .)
Canopy Vista enters the battlefield tapped unless you control two or more basic lands.
|Want (2)||shpadoinkle , deathdealer1225|
Printings View all
|Commander 2020 (C20)||Rare|
|Zendikar Expeditions (EXP)||Mythic Rare|
|Battle for Zendikar (BFZ)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Canopy Vista Discussion
2 days ago
Hey, well done with precon upgrade on a budget.
Scion of the Ur-Dragon is one of the best Dragons for Dragon tribal being a repeatable Dragon tutor. Scion could replace Wardscale Dragon. Scion's ability to change into a Dragon can be done at instant speed which means during combat you can change into different Dragons whenever there's a stop at a combat phase.
Scion's ability goes well with Savage Ventmaw, Teneb, the Harvester and Bladewing the Risen which is a three Dragon combo to end up with Scion and cheat Teneb/Bladewing on the battlefield. Then if Teneb lives he can reanimate other Dragons you tutor for with Scion. Savage is part of the combo because you tutor for him first with Scion, before you attack which then gives you 6 mana to activate Scion three times during combat. The combo takes 11 mana therefore Savage making 6 mana means you only need 5 mana for other sources. Would you like me to explain this combo?
Consider cutting a few of the least good Dragons for more Dragon support? Rhythm of the Wild and Temur Ascendancy are in the maybeboard and they could replace two Dragons such as Vorosh, the Hunter and Darigaaz Reincarnated. The repeatable effects of Rhythm and Ascendancy are much better than what these Dragons can provide. Faeburrow Elder is also in the maybeboard and it's a much better ramp source than Mana Geode. Crux of Fate and Eerie Ultimatum are also in the maybeboard they could replace Spit Flame and Palace Siege.
There's 20 lands here of the 36 that will always ETB tapped which is a lot. The Tri lands on a budget are worth always ETB tapped, the rest are not. My advice is cut the Bounce lands and Scry lands for other types of lands. The combination of lots of Tri lands and Bounce lands is not good; play either one, not both in the same manabase.
Exotic Orchard is budget staple Rainbow land. By adding a few more basic lands then the 5 Battle lands are budget options since they have interaction with lots of basic lands. Cinder Glade, Smoldering Marsh, Sunken Hollow, Prairie Stream, Canopy Vista, can get each of these for less than $2 at TCGPlayer with Vista being the most expensive.
Manabase upgrades to consider:
- Add 2x Forest > Temple of Malady and Temple of Triumph
- Exotic Orchard > Temple of Epiphany
- Cinder Glade > Gruul Turf
- Smoldering Marsh > Rakdos Carnarium
- Prairie Stream > Orzhov Basilica
- Sunken Hollow > Izzet Boilerworks
You have Farseek and it can search for one of these Battle lands which is helpful for color fixing.
Good luck with your deck.
3 days ago
My advice is consider cutting a few land ramp spells and adding some repeatable draw sources such as Valakut Exploration, Garruk's Uprising and Tireless Tracker. Exploration uses landfall to play cards from the top of your library including lands. It can also be graveyard fuel for Trove Warden, Sun Titan and Emeria Shepherd. Uprising is an amazing budget card in Commander with creature strategies especially with Omnath, Locus of Rage and Rampaging Baloths since it triggers when a token is created. Tracker, Mystery Booster version, creates clues with landfall and clues can sac to draw.
Crop Rotation can tutor for any land which is nice with Bounce lands, Fetch lands, Kessig Wolf Run and Gavony Township. Emeria Angel and Scute Swarm are build your own army with landfall which is very good with Doubling Season, Felidar Retreat, Township and Beastmaster Ascension.
Cinder Glade and Canopy Vista are some land upgrades for the manabase because they have good interaction with lots of basic lands and they're two different land types. Farseek, Nature's Lore, Grasslands, Mountain Valley can search for one of these dual lands. Krosan Verge and Skyshroud Claim can get both of them. These Battle lands are $2 or less each at TCGPlayer. Exotic Orchard is a budget Rainbow land that's quite good in multiplayer Commander.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Gruul Guildgate
- Selesnya Guildgate
- Boros Guildgate
- 1x Forest
- Awakening of Vitu-Ghazi
- Beanstalk Giant
- Nissa's Renewal
- Far Wanderings
- Circuitous Route
- Rampant Growth
- Retreat to Kazandu
Good luck with your deck.
1 week ago
Hey, nice budget version of Ur-Dragon. Good job upgrading the precon by adding the Ventmaw + Assault combo.
Even if you have a higher budget to make upgrades with here's some budget cards (each $2 or less) to consider adding to replace some cards you have here:
- Temur Ascendancy > Monastery Siege
- Sarkhan's Triumph > Wardscale Dragon
- Drakuseth, Maw of Flames > Tyrant's Familiar
- Dragon's Hoard > Dreamstone Hedron
- Beast Within > Rain of Thorns
- Swords to Plowshares > Curse of Verbosity
- Dovin's Veto > Curse of Bounty
- Bala Ged Recovery Flip > Curse of Opulence
- Exotic Orchard > Orator of Ojutai
- Unclaimed Territory > Armillary Sphere
- Cinder Glade, Prairie Stream, Sunken Hollow, Smoldering Marsh, Canopy Vista > 5 Vivid lands
Understand that for most cards on this site the prices are displayed wrong and you need to do some browsing around TCGPlayer/Card Kingdom to get the best actual prices of cards. Having a creature tutor can be helpful to get Scion of the Ur-Dragon or any other Dragon. Drakuseth is a Dragon upgrade especially with the Ventmaw + Assault combo as a win condition with infinite attacks.
Hoard is a ramp upgrade since if not using it for ramp it can be a repeatable draw source. Wizards put zero instant speed removal in the precon and that's not good in Commander. You want to be able to remove a problematic card from an opponent or counter a spell that's going to wreck you.
The 5 Battle Lands could replace the 5 Vivid lands. There's lots of Tri lands here and these lands will always ETB tapped, but on a budget they're worth it for the color fixing. Vivid lands are not worth ETB tapped because you don't have a way to put more counters on them and when they run out of counters they're terrible. Battle lands have interaction with lots of basic lands and Farseek can search for one of them.
Good luck with your deck.
3 weeks ago
Your deck is almost all green-white, but I believe you should have more mana sources for your other colors:
5-color lands like Vivid Grove and Vivid Meadow won't hurt, neither will Jungle Shrine, Seaside Citadel, Sandsteppe Citadel and Murmuring Bosk. If you run at least 1 basic of each color, Evolving Wilds and Terramorphic Expanse can fetch any color for you.
If you prefer untapped lands, Exotic Orchard, the pain lands (e.g. Battlefield Forge) and the Odyssey filter lands (e.g. Sungrass Prairie) can be quite useful. Fellwar Stone also works as the Orchard.
You should be aware of these synergies: Krosan Verge, Farseek, Nature's Lore and Skyshroud Claim can fetch Murmuring Bosk, the triomes (e.g. Indatha Triome), the battle lands (e.g. Canopy Vista) and the bicycling lands (e.g. Scattered Groves).
If it helps, you can check my Kenrith deck. Its mana base is mostly green-blue-white, with black and red as splashes.
3 weeks ago
Hey, good budget version of Omnath. Nice Sylvan Library :)
For around $25 you could make several budget improvements. Some budget staples in Commander for four colors to consider adding:
- Sol Ring: at TCGPlayer it's less than $3.
- Command Tower: it's less than $1.
- Arcane Signet: it's less than $3.
- Exotic Orchard
- Canopy Vista: it's less than $2.
- Cinder Glade: it's less than $1.
- Prairie Stream: it's less than $1.
Some budget cards for landfall to consider adding:
- Zendikar's Roil: repeatable 2/2 Elementals.
- Felidar Retreat: repeatable counters on all creatures you control including Omnath or repeatable 2/2 Cats.
- Risen Reef: can put a land onto the battlefield tapped or any other card into your hand and has good repeatable interaction with Elementals especially Zendikar's Roil and Omnath, Locus of Rage.
- Harrow: search for and put two basic lands onto the battlefield untapped.
- Springbloom Druid: search for and put two basic lands onto the battlefield tapped.
- Llanowar Scout: can play any land from your hand.
- Knight of the Reliquary: repeatable land tutor to search for any land and put it onto the battlefield.
- Growth Spiral
- Simic Growth Chamber
- Gruul Turf
- Selesnya Sanctuary
- Izzet Boilerworks
Land ramp that puts two lands onto the battlefield at the same time to trigger Omnath twice is helpful. Chamber, Turf, Sanctuary and Boilerworks are called Bounce lands and they can give you more chances to have lands in your hand to play to trigger landfall. They can also bounce themselves back to your hand which gives you at least one land drop each turn for landfall.
Omnath can benefit from some mana sinks to be able to consistently use the four mana he makes:
- Kessig Wolf Run: it's less than $1, repeatable trample and pump Omnath's power.
- Gavony Township: it's less than $1, repeatable counters for all creatures you control.
- Rogue's Passage: make Omnath unblockable to do Commander damage.
- Simic Ascendancy: repeatable counters and can be a win condition with counters only needing 20. Has very good interaction with Felidar Retreat and Gavony Township since these put a counter on each creature you control meaning each creature counts as putting one counter on Ascendancy.
- Wargate: Mystery Booster version is less than $2. Tutor for any permanent card and put it onto the battlefield.
If you're interested in these suggestions I offer more advice about cards to cut. Good luck with your deck.
3 weeks ago
Feiryn Ok thanks a lot! I Actually have a Path to Exile on the way (referring to your previous comment). I have an Arcane Signet on the way already too. I have a Coalition Relic on hand atm. Will likely get a Fellwar Stone and Nature's Lore too. Also actually have a Smoldering Marsh that I didn't realise I had coming. Also I'm in the process of updating the deck!
OK, now onto the meaty stuff... I'm about to spend more money LMAO. I want to get your opinion on which of these cards I should use in THIS deck, or which ones I shouldn't bother with in your opinion -
Blood Crypt, Breeding Pool, Canopy Vista, Demonic Tutor, Dromoka, the Eternal, Fellwar Stone, Future Sight, Hallowed Fountain, Herald's Horn, Kaalia of the Vast, Marsh Flats, Maze of Ith, Mirari's Wake, Nature's Lore, Nesting Dragon, Overgrown Tomb, Polluted Delta, Steam Vents, Stomping Ground, Temple Garden, Urza's Incubator, Windswept Heath,
3 weeks ago
Hey, good creation and nice Secret Lair Blightsteel :)
You should consider buying the new Zendikar Rising Commander Land's Wrath precon. In the $20 precon are several cards that can improve your deck:
- Omnath, Locus of Rage: finisher, repeatable Elemental tokens with landfall.
- Zendikar's Roil: repeatable Elemental tokens with landfall.
- Arcane Signet: two drop Rainbow mana rock.
- Mina and Denn, Wildborn: play an additional land on your turn and return a land to give Omnath trample.
- Admonition Angel: repeatable exile opponent permanents with landfall.
- Obuun, Mul Daya Ancestor: repeatable +1/+1 counters with landfall.
- Waker of the Wilds: mana sink to turn lands into Elementals.
- Emeria Shepherd: recur or reanimate permanents with landfall.
- Evolution Sage: repeatable proliferate with landfall which is good with +1/+1 counters.
- Harrow: land ramp, puts two lands onto the battlefield to trigger Omnath and landfall.
- Kodama's Reach: land ramp.
- Return of the Wildspeaker: draw.
- Inspiring Call: protection and draw.
- Myriad Landscape
- Naya Panorama
This is a casual budget Elemental interaction, Risen triggers whenever any Elemental you control ETB which includes tokens. If you reveal a land with Risen then you put it onto the battlefield and create another Elemental which triggers Risen again. This can be a lot of card advantage with Elementals.
Another budget Elemental interaction that uses +1/+1 counters. Ancient is a good card for counters in multiplayer Commander because it triggers whenever any player casts a spell. The mana that Omnath makes can be used to activate Marath and you can keep doing this as long as you can keep putting counters on Marath. Omnath, Locus of the Roil, Obuun, Mul Daya Ancestor, Felidar Retreat, Evolution Sage can all be repeatable sources of counters onto Marath with landfall.
Some budget lands to consider adding to improve the manabase:
- Exotic Orchard
- Jungle Shrine
- Mystic Monastery
- Kessig Wolf Run: it's less than $1, mana sink to give Omnath pump and trample.
- Yavimaya Coast
- Battlefield Forge
- Shivan Reef
- Cinder Glade
- Canopy Vista
- Prairie Stream
The Pain lands: Coast, Forge, Reef you pay 1 life to make colored mana, but that's fine in 40 life Commander and since Omnath is a life gaining engine with landfall. Can get these lands for less than $1 each. The Battle lands: Glade, Vista, Stream would help the manabase since they have good interaction with lots of basic lands and you can get them for less than $2 each.
Good luck with your deck.
4 weeks ago
Ah okay, I assumed the maybeboard were cards you were only looking at, my bad!
In that case you have a bunch of stuff that definitely could fit in the deck. For those three you mentioned Exploration is very good and can be slotted in over Rampant Growth, Canopy Vista/Smoldering Marsh can just be replaced by a Forest/Mountain, and definitely take a Sol Ring if you have a spare one.
As for others, here's the most notable you have on your maybeboard:
- Asceticism - If it resolves your dragons are almost invulnerable outside of stuff like deathtouch/boardwipes
- Smothering Tithe - Could help with ramp
- Dragonlord Ojutai - Great card advantage with hexproof half of the time
- Glorybringer - Might not be as strong as some other options but that exert can effectively be a removal spell every other turn
- Nicol Bolas, the Ravager Flip - Great value all around and if you manage to transform him you basically win
- Rishkar's Expertise - Pricy but casting it will probably mean refilling your hand and getting a free dragon which covers its cost
- Cyclonic Rift - EDH staple and one of the best boardwipes in the format, wipes all of your opponents' creatures, artifacts, walkers, etc
- Force of Vigor - Pretty good removal that can be manaless
- Teferi's Protection - Protects your entire side from boardwipes
For boardwipes you already have Crux of Fate and Balefire Dragon. Throwing in Cyclonic Rift would definitely be a good choice. The issue with boardwipes in decks like these is that you don't want to reset your own boardstate, but that's why the three I mentioned are so good because they only affect the opponents. Cyclonic Rift also dodges indestructable as it's a bounce effect rather than a destroy.
In my opinion, counters are generally not very effective in decks like these. It's generally more effective to run cards like Rhythm of the Wild and Asceticism as they're not one-shots, while also having the side-benefit of opponents using their counters on your other opponents instead. If you wanted to pick up additional effects like those if counters/removal are rampant in your group, I personally like Steely Resolve and Conqueror's Flail.
If you want more spot removal, I definitely recommend picking up a Path to Exile. With it, Swords to Plowshares, and Anguished Unmaking you should be good for spot removal unless you wanted to splurge on an Assassin's Trophy.
I'm unsure about Ramos, Dragon Engine. Since you're in a more casual environment they might be okay, but unless you have something like Descendants' Path down they're not really worthwhile. If you're wanting to go out and buy a fairly expensive creature, by far the best purchase you could make is Kaalia of the Vast IMO.