|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Zendikar Expeditions (EXP)||Mythic Rare|
|Battle for Zendikar (BFZ)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Land — Forest Plains
(: Add or to your mana pool.)
Canopy Vista enters the battlefield tapped unless you control two or more basic lands.
Canopy Vista Discussion
on Naya lands
1 day ago
I did a quick look through budget lands, and had the following observations:
Pain Lands, like Battlefield Forge and are probably the best lands for your criteria. I know several of them are usually around the $1.00 point, and you probably could pick up well-played copies of the more expensive options. These are great budget lands--they fix your mana when you need it but can be activated pain-free when you just need to pay a generic cost.
Check lands, like Rootbound Crag are not quite in your criteria (they tend to hover around the $3-6 range) currently, but they are about to rotate out of Standard, so will almost certainty go down a bit. These are a bit mediocre for a budget three-colour mana base, but they play very nicely with shock lands, so will still be useful to you once you have moved on to less budget-oriented builds.
The Onslaught Filter lands, like Sungrass Prairie , help filter you into the colours you need, but I would recommend against them. They're quite inexpensive, but they can't help you turn 1, and they're rather inflexible and will not always provide the mana you want.
The Battle Lands, like Canopy Vista , can be in the $2-3 mark. Personally, I am not a fan of them for 60-card constructed--they rely too much on playing a lot of basics, so they often can't enter untapped until turn 3-5.
Reveal lands, like Fortified Village , are disproportionately strong in two-colour budget builds that rely heavily on basic lands. However, with three colours, you just can't have the critical mass of basics to really make these lands shine.
2 weeks ago
Nice Deck, Abzan is one of the best tri colors for tokens, the only problem I can see regards the lands. I would consider adding some of the following lands: Godless Shrine , Temple Garden , Sunpetal Grove , Isolated Chapel , Silent Clearing , Concealed Courtyard , Marsh Flats , Fetid Heath , Caves of Koilos , Nurturing Peatland , Blooming Marsh , Llanowar Wastes , Verdant Catacombs , Twilight Mire , Scattered Groves , Razorverge Thicket , Canopy Vista , Brushland , Windswept Heath , Wooded Bastion , and possibly Prismatic Vista . Having these should help your deck out a lot! If you found any of these suggestions helpful I would appreciate it if you upvote my deck: A Deal With the Devil EDH! Nonetheless, I hope this helps, good luck on your deck, and have a nice day!
2 weeks ago
Usually, when I help people out, I don't look at their deck, simply their lands, and help them out in that area. I will do the same for you. I recommend you add some of the following lands, or at least consider them: Temple Garden , Breeding Pool , Hallowed Fountain , Glacial Fortress , Sunpetal Grove , Hinterland Harbor , Windswept Heath , Misty Rainforest , Flooded Strand , Razorverge Thicket , Scattered Groves , Fortified Village , Canopy Vista , Brushland , Wooded Bastion , Irrigated Farmland , Seachrome Coast , Port Town , Prairie Stream , Mystic Gate , Waterlogged Grove , Lumbering Falls , Yavimaya Coast , and Flooded Grove . These cards should help your deck out a lot! If you find any of these suggestions useful I would appreciate it if you upvoted my deck: A Deal With the Devil EDH! But nonetheless, hope this helped, good luck on your deck, and have a nice day!
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
Hey, nice start, several good cards and interactions here.
The manabase alone tells me this is a budget deck, but there's some budget upgrades to consider for the manabase. Your relying on basic lands which is fine on a budget, but if playing a lot of basic lands then consider adding lands that have interaction with basic lands?
- Ash Barrens
- Prairie Stream
- Sunken Hollow
- Canopy Vista
- Port Town : cares about Plains and Islands.
- Fortified Village : cares about Forests and Plains.
- Choked Estuary : cares about Islands and Swamps.
- Woodland Cemetery : cares about Swamps and Forests.
Stream, Hollow and Vista have interaction with Farseek . Farseek being a two drop land ramp spell that can get a dual land is good when playing four colors. Other budget lands to consider adding:
- Llanowar Wastes
- Yavimaya Coast
- Mirrodin's Core : uses counters, it can be proliferated.
- Scattered Groves : has interaction with Farseek, can be a less expensive replacement for Canopy Vista .
- Irrigated Farmland : has interaction with Farseek.
Additional mana sources that use counters thus have interaction with proliferate is helpful ramp:
- Astral Cornucopia
- Everflowing Chalice
- Crystalline Crawler : a creature and a mana rock, don't have to tap it to make mana which is very good.
- Gyre Sage
If going heavy on the +1/+1 counters theme then consider these cards that are within the budget here:
- Hadana's Climb Flip: repeatable source of counters, Winged Temple of Orazca with Atraxa or a creature with a lot of counters can be a win condition.
- Simic Ascendancy : repeatable source of counters and can be a win condition.
- Winding Constrictor
- Good-Fortune Unicorn
- Sage of Hours : extra turns by removing counters, good interaction with Forgotten Ancient .
- Skullbriar, the Walking Grave
- Hardened Scales
- Cathars' Crusade
Cards that give you repeatable sources of counters should be priority over cards that only give you a one time source of counters. Repeatable effects especially if they don't cost any mana are very good in Commander.
More repeatable sources of proliferate can be helpful:
Other good budget cards to consider adding:
- Eladamri's Call
- Beast Within
- Swords to Plowshares
- Deathrite Shaman
- Fellwar Stone
- Arcane Denial
I offer more advice if you would like. Good luck with your deck.
2 weeks ago
Personally, lands are my favorite part of magic, so I'm very specific about them. There are many types I would recommend you put in your deck, some that require a high budget and some low so be careful what you put in the deck. Nonetheless, I would recommend the following lands: Stomping Ground , Prismatic Vista , Rootbound Crag , Copperline Gorge , Game Trail , Cinder Glade , Karplusan Forest , Wooded Foothills , Temple Garden , Sunpetal Grove , Razorverge Thicket , Fortified Village , Canopy Vista , Brushland , Windswept Heath , Sacred Foundry , Clifftop Retreat , Battlefield Forge , Arid Mesa , Sunbaked Canyon , Inspiring Vantage , Rugged Prairie , Wooded Bastion , and finally Fire-Lit Thicket . If you end up using these lands and find them helpful, I would appreciate it if you upvote and support my deck: A Deal with the Devil! Thanks, have a nice day and good luck on your deck!
1 month ago
Some hints I can give about your manabase:
Blighted Woodland is also a great land to ramp you when you don't have anything to do in the turn. Sungrass Prairie , Battlefield Forge , Fortified Village , Command Tower and Exotic Orchard can also be all stars here.
I would take out Temple of the False God , Drownyard Temple , Opal Palace , Saltcrusted Steppe and Tranquil Expanse for the lands above. Colorless mana doesn't help casting Mayael the Anima , so you better avoid it.
1 month ago
Ok, so what I'm assuming the central strategy is to play big spells and get those sweet, sweet Vial Smasher triggers. I have about a dozen small changes that are broken up into a few categories.
- Firstly, the mana curve seems really high. Also, there are several spells which will cost even more. Maybe try to reduce that
- Aether Hub is, in my opinion, a worse version of Grand Coliseum , so I would swap those
- There are also no shocks. I would swap the temples for those and maybe Aether Hub if you don't like Grand Coliseum .
- To call back to previous conversation, use Harvest Season . It is better on the curve than Cultivate
- Lastly, I feel like ramp spells that both fix and ramp are extra helpful here. I'd add Farseek , Nature's Lore , Tithe , and Gift of Estates as they can pull Canopy Vista -esque lands and shocks
Since I think you're going for a Vial Smasher synergy, there are a couple of things that might be helpful.
- Strionic Resonator would get you a double trigger off of a big spell
- I feel like Vial Smasher is sure to be a target. He could use some protection (more than just Mother ).
Lastly, everything else.
- There are no board wipes in the best colors are them. I'm a big fan of Winds of Abandon as a closing board wipe, but there are so many good ones in black and white.
- There is also rather little card draw. There are also some good black card-draw spells, like Read the Bones .
- There are a couple of odd ball cards like Bitterblossom that just don't make sense to me to have in there.
- Lastly, a couple of last resort recovery cards like Elixir of Immortality would be helpful in the event that your big stuff gets countered or removed.
Canopy Vista occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.09%
GW (Selesnya): 2.37%
RGW (Naya): 2.68%
GWU (Bant): 1.34%