Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
Basic Snow Land — Forest
: Add .
1 week ago
This us the kindof list i’d end up building (again, Green-Blue, but it’d be super-easy to make this mono-green)
5 months ago
Hello! I saw your deck help tag and wanted to give some insight.
I don't run Miirym as commander, but I do have her in the 99 in Smashing Faces with the Ur-Dragon, and she always pushes me to victory whenever she's allowed to stick on the battlefield.
Some areas you might want to change to improve your consistency:
1 - Ramp
- Farseek and Fellwar Stone are great for fixing for multiple colors of mana. You might take out Birds of Paradise (dies so easily), Sakura-Tribe Elder (fixes for only one color) and Sword of Once and Future (no synergy with dragons) for them.
- Skyshroud Claim is great for the same reasons above. Frontier Siege never impressed me in a multicolor deck, because I often need colors outside of .
- If you run the suggestions above, you probably need more fetchable dual lands: Ketria Triome, Breeding Pool, Steam Vents, Stomping Ground, Sheltered Thicket, Wooded Ridgeline.
- If you run Into the North, you can also use Highland Forest, Rimewood Falls, Volatile Fjord and some snow basics (Snow-Covered Forest, Snow-Covered Island, Snow-Covered Mountain) to fetch.
2 - Draw/Haste
- It is tough to cast Tribute to the World Tree in a 3-color deck without Yavimaya, Cradle of Growth or Chromatic Lantern on the battlefield. Maybe you want Temur Ascendancy instead.
3 - Removal/Boardwipes
- Chain Reaction cleans your own dragons. Curse of the Swine should get rid of your opponents' most problematic creatures. If you face a lot of token decks, Surtland Frostpyre is a boardwipe on a land that leaves most of your dragons alive.
- Green Sun's Twilight could be Chaos Warp as a second Beast Within.
4 - Protection
- In my dragons deck, I often want protection and haste for more than one creature. Swiftfoot Boots got swapped out for Asceticism.
- Slip Out the Back could instead be Heroic Intervention (it has good synergy with Blasphemous Act).
- If you don't want to be attacked, Propaganda might deter more attackers than Fog.
- Can you cast Counterspell and Bane's Contingency reliably? Swan Song or Arcane Denial might be easier to cast considering your manabase.
5 - Card draw
- Rishkar's Expertise, Garruk, Primal Hunter and Return of the Wildspeaker are the cream of the crop of green card draw. You might want to remove Blur, Essence Flux and Ghostly Flicker for them. (Instead of running flicker effects to save your creatures, it might be better to just run more threats in case they are dealt with - and card draw helps with that.)
6 - Better threats
- Dragon Broodmother creates tokens at a much faster pace than Dragonmaster Outcast.
- Korlessa, Scale Singer never impressed me. Knollspine Dragon is way better at drawing cards.
- Overwhelming Stampede wins games harder than Thundermaw Hellkite.
- I would take out Flameblast Dragon for Utvara Hellkite.
7 - Some utility lands you might want to run
6 months ago
This looks like a fantastic beginner deck! Reminiscent of my buddy's mono-green deck back when we played Magic circa 2011. Glad to see some things never change :)
9 months ago
Prismatic Omen is actually in the decklist in order to get Forest etb triggers from Titania, Nature's Force off of many of the fetch lands I run in the list, getting 2 Forest triggers the same way any other landfall trigger would work.
Field of the Dead is a card that Profet93 and I already and we came to the conclusion that the list doesn't run enough non basic lands, that specifically aren't fetches, to consistently activate Field of the Dead. Even if you slot in half the Forests as Snow-Covered Forests, there are only 10 non fetch land cards with different names; Forest, Snow-Covered Forest, Field of the Dead, Yavimaya Hollow, Yavimaya, Cradle of Growth, Lotus Field, Lotus Vale, Jungle Basin, Dryad Arbor and Boseiju, Who Endures. Leaving a fetchland in play without cracking it is a really painful cost just to have Field of the Dead up and running, and without doing that, I don't know if it is consistent enough to consider running.
10 months ago
- 2x Daze for surprise shenanigans and Mystic Sanctuary plays
- 2x Cryptic Command because value
- 2x Brazen Borrower because need more tempo
- 1x Mystic Sanctuary because value
- 1x Nightpack Ambusher because the deck wants as much interaction as possible and 4mv finishers are hard in a tempo deck
- 2x Mana Leak to make room for 2x Daze
- 2x Mystic Snake to make room for 2x Cryptic Command and because it kinda sucks
- 1x Snow-Covered Forest to make room for the third Mystic Sanctuary and we're dropping some green requirements
- 1x Hullbreacher to make room for Brazen Borrower
1 year ago
MadMork you only really need to get 1-pip of each land to have your deck functioning, so i’d suggest trying to have a distribution of pretty-equal colours.
I’m against running too many of those taplands, as they’re super slow & suboptimal. Ideally you’d be running a bunch of fetchlands to fix the manabase, but i’m aware they are pretty cost-prohibitive.
1 year ago
It has been a while indeed. Even though you're running things like Kenrith's Transformation and Song of the Dryads, I feel as if you still aren't running enough removal. A basic list of stuff you should definitely consider is:
- Swords to Plowshares
- Path to Exile
- Beast Within
- Generous Gift
- Krosan Grip
- Nature's Claim
- On Thin Ice - For this, you'd definitely need to replace all your Forests and Plains with Snow-Covered Forest and Snow-Covered Plains. However, it's worth it.
In addition, I see you running an aura strategy. I'm personally not a fan of auras, but you do you. You're also running a rather low creature count at 12. I would definitely consider trying to add more creatures, particularly things like Collector Ouphe and Hushbringer as you aren't running many artifacts with activated abilities or creatures with ETB effects. With Collector Ouphe, you can punish your opponents for ramping via mana rocks, and with Hushbringer you can protect your enchantments against effects from Acidic Slime and Reclamation Sage. Destiny Spinner is also super helpful since she herself is an enchantment and can protect against your spells getting countered.
1 year ago
duchessCretina great recommendations as always! I was worried about the price of the Snow-Covered Forests but their not too much more expensive honestly. I also swapped out the God, pumped the Garruk's, pumped the Scavenging Oozes and Inscriptions. I wanted to stay away from more expensive mana cost cards since I mainly want to build the smaller ones up and have the extra mana to force fights, but I will definitely add these to the maybe board in case people want them in their versions!