Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Counter target enchantment, instant or sorcery spell. Its controller creates a 2/2 blue Bird creature token with flying.
eliakimras on B.F.D.
2 weeks ago
Glancing through your cards, your deck's problem might be because you're building it based on best-case scenario, with tons of clones and blink synergies. (In my playgroup, Miirym always gets removed before her untap step, so the Miirym player does not rely on her sticking to the board.)
I'll suggest some upgrades for your deck based on making it more consistent and less dependant on Miirym:
Explosive turns with lots of cost reducers sound nice... if people don't blow up your dorks before you get any value from them.
- I would swap out Dragonlord's Servant, Goblin Anarchomancer, Bronze Walrus, Dragonspeaker Shaman, Open the Gates, Mind Stone, Lapis Orb of Dragonkind, Commander's Sphere, Gilded Lotus for Fellwar Stone, Farseek, Nature's Lore, Three Visits, Cultivate, Kodama's Reach, Chromatic Lantern, Coalition Relic, Herald's Horn.
2nd. You need more lands (36 lands + 13 ramp cards is a good starting point)
- Storage lands like Crucible of the Spirit Dragon are only worth it with proliferate shenanigans. Exotic Orchard serves you better.
- Forgotten Cave and Tranquil Thicket can be Sheltered Thicket and Ketria Triome instead. (Synergy with the landfetchers above.)
- Highland Lake, Swiftwater Cliffs, Temple of Epiphany, Timber Gorge and Woodland Stream could be these utility lands instead: Mosswort Bridge, Myriad Landscape, Blighted Woodland, Kessig Wolf Run, Littjara Mirrorlake.
- Bala Ged Recovery Flip, Valakut Awakening Flip and Glasspool Mimic Flip are three spells that can be played as a land. I would take out Dragonmaster Outcast, Delina, Wild Mage and Demanding Dragon for them.
- Evolving Wilds and Terramorphic Expanse could be swapped out for Unclaimed Territory and Secluded Courtyard.
3rd. Better counterspells
- Evasive Action and Mana Leak could be Negate and Swan Song instead.
4th. Better removal
- Consider Beast Within, Chaos Warp and Resculpt over Hull Breach, Dragon's Fire and Lightning Bolt.
5th. Better boardwipes
- Klauth's Will is a more versatile Magmaquake. Ryusei, the Falling Star can be cloned for extra doom for your opponents. Curse of the Swine does not touch your board.
- I would take out Magmaquake, Preordain and Opt for the cards above.
6th. More card draw
- Garruk's Uprising is a better Colossal Majesty.
- Garruk, Primal Hunter and Return of the Wildspeaker are also all-stars here. I would take Korlessa, Scale Singer and Mirror Box out for them.
7th. Better win conditions
- About this, please check miirym , need recommendations build and the comment I made on that page. You have plenty of options in this regard.
eliakimras on miirym , need recommendations
1 month ago
Hello! I saw your deck help tag and wanted to give some insight.
I don't run Miirym as commander, but I do have her in the 99 in Smashing Faces with the Ur-Dragon, and she always pushes me to victory whenever she's allowed to stick on the battlefield.
Some areas you might want to change to improve your consistency:
1 - Ramp
- Farseek and Fellwar Stone are great for fixing for multiple colors of mana. You might take out Birds of Paradise (dies so easily), Sakura-Tribe Elder (fixes for only one color) and Sword of Once and Future (no synergy with dragons) for them.
- Skyshroud Claim is great for the same reasons above. Frontier Siege never impressed me in a multicolor deck, because I often need colors outside of .
- If you run the suggestions above, you probably need more fetchable dual lands: Ketria Triome, Breeding Pool, Steam Vents, Stomping Ground, Sheltered Thicket, Wooded Ridgeline.
- If you run Into the North, you can also use Highland Forest, Rimewood Falls, Volatile Fjord and some snow basics (Snow-Covered Forest, Snow-Covered Island, Snow-Covered Mountain) to fetch.
2 - Draw/Haste
- It is tough to cast Tribute to the World Tree in a 3-color deck without Yavimaya, Cradle of Growth or Chromatic Lantern on the battlefield. Maybe you want Temur Ascendancy instead.
3 - Removal/Boardwipes
- Chain Reaction cleans your own dragons. Curse of the Swine should get rid of your opponents' most problematic creatures. If you face a lot of token decks, Surtland Frostpyre is a boardwipe on a land that leaves most of your dragons alive.
- Green Sun's Twilight could be Chaos Warp as a second Beast Within.
4 - Protection
- In my dragons deck, I often want protection and haste for more than one creature. Swiftfoot Boots got swapped out for Asceticism.
- Slip Out the Back could instead be Heroic Intervention (it has good synergy with Blasphemous Act).
- If you don't want to be attacked, Propaganda might deter more attackers than Fog.
- Can you cast Counterspell and Bane's Contingency reliably? Swan Song or Arcane Denial might be easier to cast considering your manabase.
5 - Card draw
- Rishkar's Expertise, Garruk, Primal Hunter and Return of the Wildspeaker are the cream of the crop of green card draw. You might want to remove Blur, Essence Flux and Ghostly Flicker for them. (Instead of running flicker effects to save your creatures, it might be better to just run more threats in case they are dealt with - and card draw helps with that.)
6 - Better threats
- Dragon Broodmother creates tokens at a much faster pace than Dragonmaster Outcast.
- Korlessa, Scale Singer never impressed me. Knollspine Dragon is way better at drawing cards.
- Overwhelming Stampede wins games harder than Thundermaw Hellkite.
- I would take out Flameblast Dragon for Utvara Hellkite.
7 - Some utility lands you might want to run
- Exotic Orchard, Unclaimed Territory and Secluded Courtyard fix your colors.
- Haven of the Spirit Dragon fixes your colors and bring Dragons back from the dead.
- Littjara Mirrorlake clones one of your Dragons.
- Blighted Woodland and Myriad Landscape ramp you into Miirym.
Wookie on Arbiter Stax on Tax
2 months ago
Personally I think Swan Song is better than An Offer You Can't Refuse. Get rid of HARD stax like Cursed Totem and Hushbringer and add simple draw cards like Ponder and Preordain Get rid of the HARD stax like Rest in Peace and get more ramp like Land Tax
GodOfBullshit on Pramikon, The Wall of Stall
2 months ago
SufferFromEDHD Great suggestions, I had actually swapped out Generous Gift because I misread it as creature only removal, definitely putting that back in.
Swan Song got pulled because back when I was trimming cards to fit 100 almost all of my counters were noncreature, and I wanted to be able to deal with problematic creatures as well, just in case. Might slot it back in now that I've got dealt with that problem. Lofty Denial possibly the option to swap out.
The walls are good options, might take out Thermo-Alchemist and Electrostatic Field for them. Bit worried about how few red cards are the deck though.
Harsh Mercy while most likely keeping my blockers alive, also has a decent possibility of not dealing with the problem of my opponents board as well. I'll give it some thought though.
Also this is all theory, I actually haven't even put the deck together on paper yet. Once I've played it for a bit I'll have to do some tuning.
Thanks for the suggestions, if you have any more let me know.
SufferFromEDHD on Pramikon, The Wall of Stall
2 months ago
Generous Gift, Resculpt and Swan Song this kind of removal is great for the strategy.
Forbidden Orchard not as good as the removal but something to think about.
Wall of Tears and Wall of Nets great walls that are worthy of a spot.
2 months ago
Another potentially bad idea: Swan Song could give you a little more resiliency if you wanted.
2 months ago
I have a very similar deck with Reyhan, Last of the Abzan and Ishai, Ojutai Dragonspeaker as commanders. I was looking into having Atraxa as a commander instead, but Atraxa is infamous for being a very strong creature that amasses tons of scary, unpredictable value - it is a poison deck? Is it a +1/+1 counters deck? Is it a superfriends deck? Most often, you will find that the other players have Rule 0-ed you as the archenemy before the game begins.
There are two things you can do about this. You can either rise up to the challenge, or you can change commander.
If you want to take on the challenge of constant Archenemy because you want to keep Atraxa, then you have multiple cards that are too weak. Some of which are Arcus Acolyte, the three Myojins, Pollenbright Druid, Murder, Magistrate's Scepter, Chromatic Lantern, Vivisurgeon's Insight, and Expand the Sphere for starters. There are probably 10-20 more I would consider cutting, since these are too casual for the level of play you're signaling with Atraxa. Instead, run low-mana spells like Nature's Lore, Night's Whisper, Fierce Guardianship, Heroic Intervention, Flawless Maneuver, Deadly Rollick, Mystic Remora, Cyclonic Rift, Negate, Swan Song, the WUBG shock lands with their fetches, the list goes on... This won't make your deck cEDH, this will make it more reliable, reactive, and consistent in answering most of your opponents stuff.
If you want to change commanders, you can go for Falco Spara, Pactweaver for value, Anafenza, the Foremost for aggressive, Ghave, Guru of Spores for combo, or the partner pairings of Cazur, Ruthless Stalker Flip + Ukkima, Stalking Shadow, or Nikara, Lair Scavenger + Yannik, Scavenging Sentinel. All of these will force you to abandon a fourth color, but restriction breeds creativity...?
Side note 1: You can still run Atraxa in the 99, that is a more commonly accepted usage.
Side note 2: You have two Ivy Lane Denizen.
Dencoan on Spirit Squad building
3 months ago
- Path to Exile
- Swan Song
- Dovin's Veto
- Mana Drain
- Return to Dust
- An Offer You Can't Refuse or Miscast
- Archmage's Charm would also count as one
|Have (5)||Azdranax , metalmagic , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , sachiel2nd , MrCrazzyc|
|Want (11)||fibion101 , Amaterasu312 , 2goodest , TheBl0b , Wreckquiem , Pumpernickel_McSwagnugget , F8alCell , mitchman502 , Jhiaxus , Lostpike , Jerv|