Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
This enters the battlefield tapped.
: Add .
, , Sacrifice this: Create a token that's a copy of target creature you control, except it enters the battlefield with an additional +1/+1 counter on it. Activate this ability only at any time you could cast a sorcery.
eliakimras on B.F.D.
4 months ago
Glancing through your cards, your deck's problem might be because you're building it based on best-case scenario, with tons of clones and blink synergies. (In my playgroup, Miirym always gets removed before her untap step, so the Miirym player does not rely on her sticking to the board.)
I'll suggest some upgrades for your deck based on making it more consistent and less dependant on Miirym:
Explosive turns with lots of cost reducers sound nice... if people don't blow up your dorks before you get any value from them.
- I would swap out Dragonlord's Servant, Goblin Anarchomancer, Bronze Walrus, Dragonspeaker Shaman, Open the Gates, Mind Stone, Lapis Orb of Dragonkind, Commander's Sphere, Gilded Lotus for Fellwar Stone, Farseek, Nature's Lore, Three Visits, Cultivate, Kodama's Reach, Chromatic Lantern, Coalition Relic, Herald's Horn.
2nd. You need more lands (36 lands + 13 ramp cards is a good starting point)
- Storage lands like Crucible of the Spirit Dragon are only worth it with proliferate shenanigans. Exotic Orchard serves you better.
- Forgotten Cave and Tranquil Thicket can be Sheltered Thicket and Ketria Triome instead. (Synergy with the landfetchers above.)
- Highland Lake, Swiftwater Cliffs, Temple of Epiphany, Timber Gorge and Woodland Stream could be these utility lands instead: Mosswort Bridge, Myriad Landscape, Blighted Woodland, Kessig Wolf Run, Littjara Mirrorlake.
- Bala Ged Recovery Flip, Valakut Awakening Flip and Glasspool Mimic Flip are three spells that can be played as a land. I would take out Dragonmaster Outcast, Delina, Wild Mage and Demanding Dragon for them.
- Evolving Wilds and Terramorphic Expanse could be swapped out for Unclaimed Territory and Secluded Courtyard.
3rd. Better counterspells
4th. Better removal
5th. Better boardwipes
- Klauth's Will is a more versatile Magmaquake. Ryusei, the Falling Star can be cloned for extra doom for your opponents. Curse of the Swine does not touch your board.
- I would take out Magmaquake, Preordain and Opt for the cards above.
6th. More card draw
- Garruk's Uprising is a better Colossal Majesty.
- Garruk, Primal Hunter and Return of the Wildspeaker are also all-stars here. I would take Korlessa, Scale Singer and Mirror Box out for them.
7th. Better win conditions
- About this, please check miirym , need recommendations build and the comment I made on that page. You have plenty of options in this regard.
5 months ago
Hello! I saw your deck help tag and wanted to give some insight.
I don't run Miirym as commander, but I do have her in the 99 in Smashing Faces with the Ur-Dragon, and she always pushes me to victory whenever she's allowed to stick on the battlefield.
Some areas you might want to change to improve your consistency:
1 - Ramp
- Farseek and Fellwar Stone are great for fixing for multiple colors of mana. You might take out Birds of Paradise (dies so easily), Sakura-Tribe Elder (fixes for only one color) and Sword of Once and Future (no synergy with dragons) for them.
- Skyshroud Claim is great for the same reasons above. Frontier Siege never impressed me in a multicolor deck, because I often need colors outside of .
- If you run the suggestions above, you probably need more fetchable dual lands: Ketria Triome, Breeding Pool, Steam Vents, Stomping Ground, Sheltered Thicket, Wooded Ridgeline.
- If you run Into the North, you can also use Highland Forest, Rimewood Falls, Volatile Fjord and some snow basics (Snow-Covered Forest, Snow-Covered Island, Snow-Covered Mountain) to fetch.
2 - Draw/Haste
- It is tough to cast Tribute to the World Tree in a 3-color deck without Yavimaya, Cradle of Growth or Chromatic Lantern on the battlefield. Maybe you want Temur Ascendancy instead.
3 - Removal/Boardwipes
- Chain Reaction cleans your own dragons. Curse of the Swine should get rid of your opponents' most problematic creatures. If you face a lot of token decks, Surtland Frostpyre is a boardwipe on a land that leaves most of your dragons alive.
- Green Sun's Twilight could be Chaos Warp as a second Beast Within.
4 - Protection
- In my dragons deck, I often want protection and haste for more than one creature. Swiftfoot Boots got swapped out for Asceticism.
- Slip Out the Back could instead be Heroic Intervention (it has good synergy with Blasphemous Act).
- If you don't want to be attacked, Propaganda might deter more attackers than Fog.
- Can you cast Counterspell and Bane's Contingency reliably? Swan Song or Arcane Denial might be easier to cast considering your manabase.
5 - Card draw
- Rishkar's Expertise, Garruk, Primal Hunter and Return of the Wildspeaker are the cream of the crop of green card draw. You might want to remove Blur, Essence Flux and Ghostly Flicker for them. (Instead of running flicker effects to save your creatures, it might be better to just run more threats in case they are dealt with - and card draw helps with that.)
6 - Better threats
- Dragon Broodmother creates tokens at a much faster pace than Dragonmaster Outcast.
- Korlessa, Scale Singer never impressed me. Knollspine Dragon is way better at drawing cards.
- Overwhelming Stampede wins games harder than Thundermaw Hellkite.
- I would take out Flameblast Dragon for Utvara Hellkite.
7 - Some utility lands you might want to run
8 months ago
If you can't prevent Solemnity from entering the battlefield, Fecundity and Soul Net will turn your 0/0 Fractals into a boon until cards such as Fade into Antiquity and Naturalize can be used. Your commander's static ability will also feed into it.
You may also wish to consider cards that affect or are affected by +1/+1 counters. These include, but not limited to, The Ozolith, Swarm Shambler, Bramblewood Paragon, Herald of Secret Streams, Vigean Graftmage, Experiment Kraj and Plaxcaster Frogling.
Scavenging Ooze can give your deck some much needed graveyard hate.
Have you considered Simic Ascendancy with all these cards creating creatures with +1/+1 counters on them? You can move growth counters from Simic Ascendancy to Paradox Zone by means of Nesting Grounds.
Other lands to consider for the deck are Cave of Temptation, Forge of Heroes, Littjara Mirrorlake, Llanowar Reborn, Novijen, Heart of Progress, Opal Palace, Oran-Rief, the Vastwood, Temple of Mystery and Tyrite Sanctum.
Other cards to consider for your deck are Altered Ego, Bioshift, Clone Legion, Hardened Scales, Jiang Yanggu, Wildcrafter, Kiora, Behemoth Beckoner, MirrorBox, Repudiate / Replicate and Slippery Bogbonder.
I hope this helps. Thank you for reading me out. Happy Hunting!
1 year ago
Getting turn 2/3 drops before grolnok comes into play can be huge, so pulling some tap lands that I have found in testing that I am ignoring more often than not in exchange for more reliable basics and an interesting tribal land I forgot I had.
1 year ago
- Sandwurm Convergence
- Harvest Season
- Return of the Wildspeaker
- Pause for Reflection
- Shamanic Revelation
- Toothy, Imaginary Friend
- Pir, Imaginative Rascal
- Migration Path
- Kodama's Reach
- Esika's Chariot
- Giant Adephage
- Aeve, Progenitor Ooze
- Amphin Mutineer
- Cackling Counterpart
- Stolen Identity
- Littjara Mirrorlake
- Minion Reflector
2 years ago
Nightmare Shepherd is one of the best as it adds a lot of functionality with no upfront cost and allows you to exploit sacrifice mechanics like evoke. Creating token clones with etb/ltb can easily become overpowered, especially when combined with populate. In fact I built a great ETB Roon EDH deck around it using cards like Yosei, the Morning Star, Protean Hulk and Wayfaring Temples that clone themselves. Token clone generation is amazing because it's essentially ETB blinking as a side effect. You have some cards that do it already listed under abuse but I think the mechanic is good enough and has enough viable cards that it might be worth making a new category for it.
Token clone makers
Stolen Identity Blade of Selves Mirror Mockery Zndrsplt's Judgment Repudiate / Replicate Hour of Eternity Supplant Form Dance of Many Minion Reflector Bramble Sovereign Progenitor Mimic Anointed Procession Quasiduplicate Rhys the Redeemed Back from the Brink Dual Nature Mimic Vat Rite of Replication Song of the Worldsoul Helm of the Host Doubling Season Parallel Lives Battle for Bretagard Mechanized Production Orvar, the All-Form Prototype Portal Saheeli, the Gifted Saheeli's Artistry Seance Second Harvest Soul Foundry Spitting Image Splinter Twin Replication Technique Saheeli Rai Mirror March Mirrorworks Molten Echoes Mythos of Illuna Sublime Epiphany Flamerush Rider Felhide Spiritbinder Littjara Mirrorlake God-Pharaoh's Gift Hofri Ghostforge Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker Followed Footsteps Nightmare Shepherd Osgir, the Reconstructor Echo Storm Cackling Counterpart Esika's Chariot Feldon of the Third Path Flameshadow Conjuring Trickster's Talisman & of course anything with populate.
Also some other blink type cards:
Blink-Yorion, Sky Nomad Conditional bounce- Cunning Evasion ETB clone- Wall of Stolen Identity Graveyard blink- Cauldron of Souls, Twilight Shepherd, Adarkar Valkyrie ETB Abuse- Jalira, Master Polymorphist, Proteus Staff, Master Transmuter. Listing the ones that specifically clone or blink artifacts in their own group might be helpful too.
2 years ago
I can't believe you're keeping Gelatinous Genesis in the Maybeboard.
king-saproling on QQ
2 years ago
Thoughts on these? Trophy Mage (finds Crucible), Stone-Seeder Hierophant (functions like Lotus Cobra, really good with Thawing Glaciers ), Animist's Awakening , Kamahl's Druidic Vow , Pentad Prism (in opening hand, gets Taty out T3), Elite Arcanist (can hold counterspells or win with Nexus), Isochron Scepter , Kaho, Minamo Historian (gives you options during opps' turns to counter something or use a tutor. Can go infinite with Nexus if you include Riptide Laboratory ), Realms Uncharted (instant, helps set up Sanctuary combo), Intuition (pretty versatile, could go for lands or EWit + Noxious + Temporal Mastery. and it's instant :O!) Littjara Mirrorlake (decent in your build as-is, can go infinite with EWit + Crucible if you include Time Warp ), Sakura-Tribe Scout (I'd slot this in over Oracle of Mul Daya since the effect is similar but Scout can get Taty out faster while Oracle can't), Ghostly Flicker (has neat utlity here. could be used defensively, to draw a couple cards, or as an infinite combo piece: EWit + Sanctuary + Time Warp)