Raging Ravine enters the battlefield tapped.
: Gain or .
: Until end of turn, Raging Ravine becomes a 3/3 red and green Elemental creature with "Whenever this creature attacks, put a +1/+1 counter on it." It's still a land.
|Have (4)||metalmagic , gildan_bladeborn , , abby315|
Printings View all
|Ultimate Masters (UMA)||Rare|
|Ultimate Masters Promo (UMAP)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Raging Ravine occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.08%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Raging Ravine Discussion
1 month ago
Playing lands like Raging Ravine might benefit you. If it dies, it triggers Omnath. Then you can play it from the graveyard via your Ramunap Excavator or Crucible of Worlds. Wakeroot Elemental? Liege of the Tangle? War Elemental? Vastwood Zendikon? Koth of the Hammer looks interesting.
1 month ago
Your average converted mana cost is low enough to go to 33 or 34 if you had mana dorks.
- Holdout Settlement and Survivors' Encampment are just Springleaf Drum on lands. These are reasonable, depending on how hard your game plans need Kalamax or not.
- Rashmi, Eternities Crafter: Rashmi is incremental advantage. You and both know that you are going to play cards on other people’s turns, so why not get free stuff for doing so? Wavebreak Hippocamp does the same thing if you want more of this effect.
- Birds of Paradise, Llanowar Elves, Elvish Mystic, Arbor Elf, Priest of Titania, Rattleclaw Mystic. I prefer creature-based ramp if I’m playing . Most of these cards will Pod into Corridor Monitor, Deceiver Exarch, and Pestermite.
- Spellseeker: Spellseeker grabs most of the instants and sorceries in your deck and more food for Prime Speaker
- Torrential Gearhulk: Snapcaster Mage #2 aka Fatcaster mage. The 5/6 body is nice for when games go longer than expected.
- Thing in the Ice
Flip: I noticed that you don’t have ways to protect yourself. If played earlier, you can flip Thing in the Ice and reset that battlefield. It was dumb in other formats, it’s dumb in EDH as well.
- Niv-Mizzet, Parun: End-game beater and a storm card. Not necessary but strong.
- Creature Tutors: Finale of Devastation, Eldritch Evolution, and Neoform. More tutors for consistency.
Instants and Sorceries
- Reality Shift and Rapid Hybridization: Good removal outside of and . Do you really care about a 3/3 beast or a 2/2 manifest token? I don’t……
- Manamorphose: Just a good cantrip in Temur.
- Swan Song: Another good counter spell, but you have that covered pretty well. Once again, no one cares about one 2/2 bird….no one…
- Reiterate: Goes infinite with Turnabout and Dramatic Reversal and or more mana. However, I think Isochron Scepter is just better if infinite mana is the goal.
- Nature's Lore: This is only and grabs any forest onto the battlefield. Most of the time, you are going to tutor for Forest, so why not grab Breeding Pool instead?
- Raging Ravine: Ok, it has your colors. Are you ever going to activate this man-land? Also, it comes in tapped. Gross….
- Arch of Orazca: I think Arch is better in decks that lack access to card draw. You’re in . Drawing cards, most of the time, is not going to be a problem for you.
- Frilled Mystic and Mystic Snake: I’ve fallen for this trap too. I don’t want to pay for a counterspell on a weak 2/2 body. Compare these two cards to other mana spells like Cryptic Command. This cards counters, protects, and draws cards. I prefer utility creatures with more flexibility.
2 months ago
Good call on the basics and on Raging Ravine. I'll be sure to toss 'em in.
2 months ago
- So your playing 26 lands youve got room. Run a total of 3 shock lands. Id lands with Red + risen reef colors. Then checklands dont seem to be hurt by risen reef they seem important so for black we only need to be able to hit it for one card. Lets count our sources we know for sure are goning to be in there 4x Cavern of souls (Cause its amazing), Unclaimed territory (mana fixes for anything), That's what 8 sources for black, and that should be fairly easy to hit with risen reef(s) on the field. They also fix for white (so long its a creature). For basics i would do 1 of each in RUG colors. I would try the horizon lands in a play test still, youd be amazed how helpful they can be. Imagine fighting control where the match is going to take awhile and card advantage is very important. Id start with these changes and see how hard it is to cast whatever. Usually 8 sources is enough to help fix for a splash. The crazy part is that its actually 12 when you include creatures because you have Smokebraider.
- There is an arguement to run scrylands, The biggest down side is they enter tapped, but if they are entering in tapped anyways, its no longer a downside. Combine this with the free scry and you get more filtering to find more stuff you want.
- Filter lands seem to not be needed her being you are running elementals.
- Slightly off topic but have you considered Chord of Calling? You could at their endstep get a risen reef and combo on your turn?
- You could consider running some cycle lands as well, being lands in hand arent always amazing and it lets you draw cards.
- If for whatever reason you end up going back to a lot of basics run battlelands, they seem amazing here.
- I dont beleive you do well against control and Raging Ravine seems like a soultion. As you know you cant counter lands.
6 months ago
Profet93 Lot of interesting suggestions.
I was running Beast Whisperer and Harmonize for a while, but in my experience they seem just a tad low impact for my tastes. Don't get me wrong, Beast Whisperer is an awesome card and I run it in other decks, but in Xenagos I'm typically only casting one or two creatures for a few turns unless I'm about to win the game, and every time I've drawn BW it's basically been something I've not wanted to play since I could just play another big threat or use another, more impactful draw effect like Greater Good
I hadn't actually thought of cards like Dread Statuary and Raging Ravine . It seems like an interesting idea to turn a land into a creature after a board wipe and using it to swing or sacrifice it to draw into another big threat. That's a very interesting idea and I'll definitely be looking into it.
Never seen Bolt Bend before, but it looks really sweet. Definitely going to get around to picking one of those up and playing around with it.
I do like the anti-control cards you mentioned, but I feel like they may be straying just a tad too far from the main game plan. I look at my core strategies which are going tall, giving evasion and enhancing combat, and I end up having to be really picky when it comes to adding too many cards that punish control players rather than synergizing with the core strategies. However, those are some very good cards and I'll definitely keep them in mind if I start having major issues with disruption and counter magic.
Once I have a better feel for what the deck's main struggles are in my meta (Since I made a lot of Christmas upgrades and I'm gonna have to play with the deck some more since like 10+ cards are new) I'll be able to give a better idea. Basically anything that stops my creatures from attacking (One of my friends has a Sram deck that once put "This creature can't attack" auras on all of my creatures, and it was tough to get rid of all of them and lower the shields, and stuff like Maze of Ith will always be annoying) is bad, which is why I put in things like Warstorm Surge for some added reach to at least have an optionn to win outside of combat sometimes.
6 months ago
Whats up captain? Happy holidays! I disagree with the user above regarding Carnage Tyrant . If you could describe your meta, it would help us with suggestions. It is an assured beater free from counterspell and removal. Hexproof is crucial in xenagos, especially in a meta like mine literred with spot removal.
- Beast Whisperer - With 1/3rd of your deck as creatures, he provides steady as opposed to burst card draw. Both IMO are crucial in a Xenagos deck.
- Harmonize - Decent card, decent ability, fairly priced. Something to consider
- Lifeblood Hydra - Beater, card draw and lifgain all in 1.
- Momentous Fall - Similar to life's legacy but can be used in response to removal
- Voracious Hydra - Beater and removal in 1
- Rancor - Trample
- Bolt Bend - OMFG THIS CARD IS SO F GOOD!!! --> Counters counterspells, redirects removal, and redirect some extra turn spells. All for . Nothing is worse than getting 2 for 1ed when attempting to use a card draw spell on your beater. This helps provide you with insurance that you get to keep your draw! This is the biggest issue with Xenagos
- Nissa's Pilgrimage - Ramp for T3 commander
- Springbloom Druid - Ramp for T3 commander
- Castle Garenbrig - Ramp
- Dread Statuary - Won me a couple games because I was able to have a creature after a board wipe to use for a draw spell.
- Myriad Landscape - Ramp
- Blighted Woodland - Ramp
- Raging Ravine - Manland
- Temple of Abandon - Not necessary but worth noting
Thanks for bringing Skullclamp to my attention, need to consider it.
7 months ago
Ok here my Goblin Deck:
Creatures, Goblins, 22:
2 Krenko, Tin Street Kingpin (3 cmc that permanent +1,+1 counter to itself every turn. and when attacks puts out a number of 1/1 goblins equal to uts power), not great by itself, but when its pumped is almost as good as Krenko Mob Boss, but cheaper 3 cmc, FASTER, doesnt TIE up mana like with Mob Boss, so actually better then 4 cmc Mob Boss.
4 Mox Opal
2,3,4 Wooded Foothills
2,3,4 Bloodstained Mire .
The general idea of how tgis deck works is:
Get goblins, creatures out FAST:
Either Kuldotha Rebirth either a Mox Opal, or a Memnite turn 1, or 2 memnites, 1 signal pest, or best ia 1 signal pest, 1, 2 memnites, 3 1/1 goblin tokens from rebirth.
Signal pest, or Wardriver, or Bushwhacker, or Chieftain,or Krenko Kingpin
Turn 3: kingpin, Rabblemaster, Piledriver, Goblin Grwnade
Turn 4: Rabblemaster, Piledriver, Kingpin, Goblin Grenade.
So this gets goblins out fast. Then pumps them up, then Krenko Kingpin, in addition to Kuldotha Rebirth puts out lots goblins that pump up Piledriver, Rabblemaster, STUPIDLY BIG.
So deck goes wide, and stupidly big, and fast, and removes threats, and uses the removal to burn, finiah opponents off.
Also on rare bad draws, can do 15 damage to opponent on turns 3,4 by Goblin Grenade, then Narset Reversal Copy it, for 10 damage then Genade goes back to hand, where I can recast it for 5 more damage for 15 total damage.
This also works great for destroying 10/10, 15/15 tramplers.
So here is a optimal draw, play.
Turn 1: 1,2 Memnites, 2 Mox Opal, use 1 Mox to Rebirth 3 1/1 goblins. 1 signal pest.
Board: 1 Pest, 1,2 Memnites, 3 1/1 goblins, 1 Mox Opal
Turn 2: Chieftain: everything attacks.
Board: 3, 3/2 goblin tokens, 1,2, 2/1 memnites, 1, 3/2 Chieftain. For 16 possible damage.
Turn 3: Kingpin, Pest.
Kingpin: +1 to 1/2 itself. 2/2. +1 +1 from Chieftan, 3/3, +1 from pest. 4/3. Kingpin makes 4, 1/1 goblins that hasted by Chieftain.
7 3/2 goblin tokens.
2, 2/1 memnites
1 3/2 Chieftan
1 4/3 Kingpin
32 max damage possible turn 3.
Turn 4: Piledriver, Wardriver.
Kingpin: +1 to itself, 3/3, +1 +1 from Chief, 4/4, +1 from Pest, 5/4, +1 from pest, 6/4, +1 from Wardriver, 7/4.
Kingpin makes 7, 1/1 goblins hasted, pumped by Chief.
7 + 7 more from kingpin =
14 5/2 goblin tokens, pumped by 2 pest, 1 Wardriver, 1 Chief
1 5/3 Wardriver
1 5/2 chieftain
1 7/4 kingpin
2, 4/1 memnites
2, 2/1 Pest
1 39/3 Piledriver
142 max possible damage turn 4.
9 months ago
- Hissing Quagmire : Enters tapped, I've never used the creature ability, and I can't search it by land name. Big sad.
- Lavaclaw Reaches : (See above)
- Raging Ravine : (See above)
- Treetop Village : (See above)
- Subterranean Tremors : I've really only ever cast this for the artifact removal, @ X=4. My creatures can't handle that much damage, so it is generally a board wipe I don't like, and I would prefer not to lose my artifacts (AKA Crucible of Worlds, which kicks ass in this deck). Therefore, I am replacing this with Vandalblast .
+ 2x Forest
+ Sakura-Tribe Elder : Honestly I don't know what I was thinking not having this in the deck in the first place.