Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
Creature — Goblin Shaman
Dragon spells you cast cost less to cast.
eliakimras on B.F.D.
5 days ago
Glancing through your cards, your deck's problem might be because you're building it based on best-case scenario, with tons of clones and blink synergies. (In my playgroup, Miirym always gets removed before her untap step, so the Miirym player does not rely on her sticking to the board.)
I'll suggest some upgrades for your deck based on making it more consistent and less dependant on Miirym:
Explosive turns with lots of cost reducers sound nice... if people don't blow up your dorks before you get any value from them.
- I would swap out Dragonlord's Servant, Goblin Anarchomancer, Bronze Walrus, Dragonspeaker Shaman, Open the Gates, Mind Stone, Lapis Orb of Dragonkind, Commander's Sphere, Gilded Lotus for Fellwar Stone, Farseek, Nature's Lore, Three Visits, Cultivate, Kodama's Reach, Chromatic Lantern, Coalition Relic, Herald's Horn.
2nd. You need more lands (36 lands + 13 ramp cards is a good starting point)
- Storage lands like Crucible of the Spirit Dragon are only worth it with proliferate shenanigans. Exotic Orchard serves you better.
- Forgotten Cave and Tranquil Thicket can be Sheltered Thicket and Ketria Triome instead. (Synergy with the landfetchers above.)
- Highland Lake, Swiftwater Cliffs, Temple of Epiphany, Timber Gorge and Woodland Stream could be these utility lands instead: Mosswort Bridge, Myriad Landscape, Blighted Woodland, Kessig Wolf Run, Littjara Mirrorlake.
- Bala Ged Recovery Flip, Valakut Awakening Flip and Glasspool Mimic Flip are three spells that can be played as a land. I would take out Dragonmaster Outcast, Delina, Wild Mage and Demanding Dragon for them.
- Evolving Wilds and Terramorphic Expanse could be swapped out for Unclaimed Territory and Secluded Courtyard.
3rd. Better counterspells
- Evasive Action and Mana Leak could be Negate and Swan Song instead.
4th. Better removal
- Consider Beast Within, Chaos Warp and Resculpt over Hull Breach, Dragon's Fire and Lightning Bolt.
5th. Better boardwipes
- Klauth's Will is a more versatile Magmaquake. Ryusei, the Falling Star can be cloned for extra doom for your opponents. Curse of the Swine does not touch your board.
- I would take out Magmaquake, Preordain and Opt for the cards above.
6th. More card draw
- Garruk's Uprising is a better Colossal Majesty.
- Garruk, Primal Hunter and Return of the Wildspeaker are also all-stars here. I would take Korlessa, Scale Singer and Mirror Box out for them.
7th. Better win conditions
- About this, please check miirym , need recommendations build and the comment I made on that page. You have plenty of options in this regard.
debuf on infinite rats
1 week ago
ok, I just play against my friend with the dragon deck and I think it might need some more mana producers or cheap fear.
His commander is Atarka, World Render, and here are some cards that I now know are in his deck: Foe-Razer Regent, Furnace Whelp, Rapacious Dragon, Atarka Monument, Frontier Siege, Vandalblast, Sweltering Suns, Talisman of Impulse, Akoum Hellkite, Harbinger of the Hunt, Dream Pillager, Sol Ring, Dragonmaster Outcast, Dragonspeaker Shaman, Savage Ventmaw, Dragonlord's Servant, Tyrant's Familiar, Thunderbreak Regent, and Drakuseth, Maw of Flames.
debuf on infinite rats
2 weeks ago
why yes, Memoricide is for a specific card, but also others in case it's not in play, like Dragonlord's Servant, Thunderbreak Regent (especially), Dragon's Hoard, Dragon Tempest, and that one dragon card that has in its text "spread out you idiots!" - (name) last words.
I have found that Pestilence Rats are a little bit more expensive but tankier Rat Colony that might or might not have more attack (or whatever you call it, I forgot).
MilesHiles on Ur-Dragon's Multiverse Onslaught | *PRIMER*
1 month ago
Deck looks sweet! A couple of wonky things I noticed though:
1) Sivitri, Dragon Master is cool flavor wise, but I have a hard time understanding why she's there when you'd seemingly only use her for her -3 ability. In which case, cards like Eladamri's Call seem way more efficient for you in both mana and situationally.
2) I see none of the cost reduction gobos! Dragonlord's Servant and Dragonspeaker Shaman are crazy useful for early and late game plays. Being able to stack your commander's eminence reduction on top of base mana reduction makes playing everything else in your deck much faster. (Special mention to Rivaz of the Claw for his mana and turbo recursion)
3) What does Sarkhan, Fireblood do for you in most games? It seems like his main practicality is mana with a side gig on looting. I think having a 2 drop mana rock, like Arcane Signet or a mana dork, like Birds of Paradise, in his place might be more efficient for you in the long run, as you can always play them on tempo. Hitting turn 3 double red isn't unheard of, but it's certainly more difficult in a WUBRG deck with almost no rocks.
And lastly, 4) This deck deserves a Counterspell or two!! At least something like Angel's Grace to smack down infinites because as is, you've only got Teferi's Protection and no way to save yourself once it's gone. Ideally, you wouldn't need both but sometimes throwing away your Protection on a board wipe leaves you open to getting swept in the next turn rotation. Either way, I love the theme and style of the deck! Happy
Mind_Blower3 on How to Train Ur-Dragon
4 months ago
Not sure if your only wanting dragon type creatures but Dragonspeaker Shaman & Dragonlord's Servant are great dragon decreases, same as your urza’s incubabtor. Or Dragon Arch to play the multi-coloured dragons even cheaper.
Also Kindred Summons I find is great when building a high CMC tribal deck
zapyourtumor on Dragons,Speed, and Control
4 months ago
First off, if you are going for a more midrange-control type deck where you control the board before slamming down big haymakers, cards like Dragonlord's Servant and other ramp spells that aim to turbo out dragons faster don't actually fit well with the deck. I would cut all 3 copies and replace with more interaction.
Moonveil Regent is a dragon I really like, since it generates a ton of card advantage once you're in top decking mode (which most midrange decks aim to get to). Could maybe slot in 2.
You could potentially cut a land and go down to 22, if you need to. I also think that you should run fetches if you can afford them, along with a few utility lands.
Draconic Roar is cute and fits with the dragon theme, unfortunately it is strictly worse than Lightning Bolt in 99% of situations. I would go 4 Bolts.
I would also diversify your removal suite a bit. Unless artifacts are a huge problem in your meta, you could trim 1 K-Command and 1 Bloodchief's Thirst for 2 Terminates which is a good catch-all answer for bigger creatures (ahem murktide).
Inquisition of Kozilek if you need more discard spells.
For the sideboard, Hidetsugu Consumes All Flip is a really strong card against a lot of decks, completely blowing out hammer and rhinos while also being strong against murktide, burn, random urza's saga decks, and even the occasional bogles deck.
Blood Moon is always an option in these kinds of decks, maindeck or sideboard.
Brotherhood's End is another sideboard boardwipe against artifact decks and aggro decks, much faster than Crux of Fate since you can sometimes lose before getting to 5 lands.
Necramus on Miirym, Dragon Mommy
8 months ago
Atarka's Command, Tibalt, Rakish Instigator, and Leyline of Punishment are all good ways to keep your friend from gaining life from pinging you, then you can bonk him with dragons to the dome.
Orbs of Warding and Witchbane Orb are both excellent for giving you hexproof, making him unable to target you with his Commander's ability.
Three Visits and Farseek are great ramp spells that are pretty cheap that can replace some of your more expensive ramp. I'd also definitely advise picking up the Talisman of Unity in your maybe board.
You have a good density of creatures, in particular your dragons. I'd consider cutting some of the higher cost ones that have no immediate impact on the board to sub out for things like Old Gnawbone, Dragon Tempest, Dragonlord's Servant, Utvara Hellkite and Goldspan Dragon, though. These are things that help your gameplan (Dragon storm) and have immediate impact on the board. Some of those are kinda spensive, but #longtermgoals. Shared Animosity is also a nuts card in tribal decks.
TheOfficialCreator on Miirym, Dragon Mommy
8 months ago
Terror of the Peaks is awe-inspiring in Miirym. Pretty pricey though.
Other than that, Dragonlord's Servant, Atarka, World Render, Dragonlord Atarka, Tanazir Quandrix, and Rapacious Dragon seem like good fits as well.
As far as tips for dealing with Queza, what's the goal of the deck? What is it doing efficiently that you want to be able to combat?
|Want (4)||Jumping_Jordan , MarshCasualty , Amaterasu312 , Rathgar99|