Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
Creature — Goblin Shaman
Dragon spells you cast cost less to cast.
4 weeks ago
Straight away, this is a deck I'd enjoy playing. I love how out of control it can get, and dragons are arguably the most nostalgic tribe in Magic, which is a big plus for me! Anyway, here's some thoughts that might be helpful as you continue testing. I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to commander though, so take my suggestions with a pinch of salt :).
In any dragon deck, I like Zirilan of the Claw. He's a nice little tutor/sneak attack for dragons, and with the way you're set up to copy your dragons you should get at least one copy to hang around permanently. Along the lines of getting gragons out quickly, for cost reduction have you looked at Dragonspeaker Shaman or Dragonlord's Servant? I'm not sure if you're hurting in that area, but they might help if you are.
For the 'dragons or permanents that deal non-combat damage' category there's Bogardan Hellkite and Shivan Hellkite. Both are pretty high on the mana curve, but I like the repeatability of Shivan's ability and the copyability (sure, that's a word) of Bogardan's.
Interestingly, being in blue also gives you access to clones like Vesuvan Doppelganger, Phantasmal Image, and of course Clone. With the high number of legendary creatures they might not always have a target, but I think they would most of the time and it could really let you double up on tokens, triggers, and effects.
This is probably getting a little too cute, but Archwing Dragon and all its tokens would repeatedly trigger things like Impact Tremors. You wouldn't get to keep the tokens, but being able to cast a dragon every turn might have some value. Like I said, I'm probably stretching with that one.
Those are just some ideas I had when looking through the list. You'll know better from your testing if any of them have value, but I hope I at least mentioned a couple that are helpful :)
1 month ago
Eldmoi Thank you! I'm looking forward to seeing how your dragon deck turns out.
I am aware of the Morophon and Fist of Suns combo, but I'm not that big of fan of Morophon in general, since it doesn't offer that meaningful of a discount for most dragons I am running. There are huge discounts for The Ur-Dragon and Scion of the Ur-Dragon, but I'm not sure I want to run Morophon as a really expensive mana dork just for them two and/or as a 1 to 3 mana discount (like Dragonspeaker Shaman/Dragonlord's Servant) for my other dragons. Fist of suns has insane synergy with Morophon, but it doesn't synergize as well with other dragons, especially since I'm trying to lower the overall CMC of the deck. Morophon and Fist of Suns is very powerful synergy, and I respect anyone's decision to include it, but I simply think it would fit better in a Tiamat combo build rather than a The Ur-Dragon build.
I did end up re-adding the fundamental artifacts (Arcane Signet, Fellwar Stone, Sol Ring) despite what I said in an earlier comment to ramp more quickly. 3 CMC artifacts really need to have a notable upside to justify running. The new CLB artifacts are interesting, but not as powerful as, say Orb of Dragonkind or Herald's Horn in my opinion, which I still am not running. They are still fun to use (and likely to be cheap), however, so I may add them to my Super Budget variant of this deck, especially since the Carnelian Orb of Dragonkind can be more flexible than Hammer of Purphoros.
1 month ago
Maybe some cost reduction effects like Dragonlord's Servant or Dragonspeaker Shaman, more ramp with Arbor Elf + Utopia Sprawl (+ Freed from the Real if you want to go infinite), or rituals like Seething Song or Vessel of Volatility could help.
3 months ago
All of these cards can help with ramp in some way:
Atsushi, the Blazing Sky, Crucible of the Spirit Dragon, Dockside Extortionist, Dragonlord's Servant, Dragonspeaker Shaman, Gadrak, the Crown-Scourge, Goldspan Dragon, Leyline Tyrant, Rapacious Dragon, Sarkhan, Fireblood and Treasure Vault.
Hope this helps. Happy Hunting!
4 months ago
Love to see people trying to brew dragons. They seem such a fun tribe but can be a bit too heavy to play.
Before I suggest something, I have to say I loved the idea of Call to the Kindred. It's probably a bit slow, but the idea of enchanting the smalller dragons to cheat bigger ones seems really fun.
Now, onto my suggestions.
- I've both had friends who tried to build dragons and trying to build dragons myself. From these experiences, I can say, for sure, that Dragonlord's Servant is a trap. A much better option is Orb of Dragonkind. It does almost the same thing while allowing you to potentially splash one or two dragons that don't fit the color identity and can serve as a "tutor" for another dragon late game.
- Dragonmaster Outcast, despite being capable of summoning a token, is more of a buildaround card. It's literally gonna take at least six turns for his effect to become, but seven for it to have a chance to activate. Since you already have Slumbering Dragon, I'd suggesting increasing it to three copies and cutting the Dragonmaster.
- While I initially wanted to build a Dragon deck with in it because of Silumgar's Scorn, Counterspell is just better in every situation.
- I don't know how it would affect your budget, but Shivan Reef would do wonders for this deck.
- Pyroclasm is just better Cinderclasm.
If anything would increase your budget too much, let me know and I'll try to find better options.
4 months ago
I don't like:
Pillage is better than Stone Rain since it also hits artifacts. The whole point of playing a deck like this is mainboarding 4 copies of Blood Moon so not sure why there's just 2 in the side. I can only assume it's because your deck is kinda warped around including Assassin's Trophy, which is a powerful card but not in a shell like this which can already interact with all permanent types between green and red. I gotta assume there's room for 4 Lightning Bolts in here somewhere too.
This is jank but have you ever considered Dragon Tempest? It's not the greatest card admittedly but it does have synergy with your deck. Same with something like Dragonlord's Servant. Idk, I think 4 Blood Moons and maybe 3-4 Pillages should be enough prison effects. Cool deck though.
5 months ago
- Shatterskull Smashing Flip --> Mountain
- Valakut Awakening Flip --> Mountain
- Kazuul's Fury Flip --> Mountain
- Irencrag Feat --> Mountain
- Molten Echoes --> Twinflame = più stabile, twin flame lo usi na volta e basta.
- Crashing Drawbridge --> Dragonlord's Servant = hai abbastanza mana da poter togliere dragonlord e mettere permanente che da rapidità. Puoi anche mettere Fervor al posto del muro.
- Anger of the Gods o Thunder Dragon --> Slagstorm = esilia le creature invece di distruggerle, ottima contro mazzi che giocano cimitero.
- Manifold Key --> Voltaic Key = semplicemente meglio per il tuo mazzo.
- Treasonous Ogre --> Sarkhan, Fireblood = mana molto più veloce, anche se succhia parecchi punti vita.
- Sneak Attack --> Electrodominance = stesso risultato, molto più devastante. Ottima sinergia con Sarkhan's Triumph.
- Tyrant's Familiar --> Hoarding Dragon = non me sembra che hoarding dragon abbia mai avuto un grosso impatto. Il tyrant's familiar è na mina
6 months ago