Stirring Wildwood enters the battlefield tapped.
: Gain or .
: Until end of turn, Stirring Wildwood becomes a 3/4 green and white Elemental creature with reach. It's still a land.
Printings View all
|Ultimate Masters (UMA)||Rare|
|Ultimate Masters Promo (UMAP)||Mythic Rare|
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Rare|
|Duel Decks: Zendikar vs. Eldrazi (DDP)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Stirring Wildwood occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.05%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%
GW (Selesnya): 1.02%
Stirring Wildwood Discussion
2 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
Feral Prowler over Generous Stray, even better would be Skullclamp but your deck seems to be budget. Arahbo, Roar of the World is to slow (great in commander). Skyhunter Skirmisher is almost always better than Leonin Skyhunter. Kaheera, the Orphanguard should be more than a one of in main board, also even after companion was killed as a mechanic it should still probably be run as a companion since you already meet the requirement. Guardians' Pledge is just bad, there are better versions of it.
Secluded Steppe should never be run in a 60 card non singleton format, Stirring Wildwood could be run as a two of if you really want to but I wouldn't run more than two of them. Temple of Plenty and all other temple's are to slow, just run basics or throw in the money for shocks/sac lands.
Not sure why your making a budget vintage deck, chances are whatever you want to run will be modern legal. (note Skullclamp isn't modern legal)
2 months ago
I've been playing around with a decklist for Nethroi, too. I really like your budge approach. I was trying the same at first but couldn't stop me from buying all these cool overpowered and overpriced pieces of cardboard :D
I think Season of Growth would be good with a reasonable amount of mutate creatures. Lumberknot too because it (or a mutant) keeps growing and is permanently hexproof on top. Golgari Grave-Troll is also "fairly" cheap at the moment. And the manlands Stirring Wildwood, Hissing Quagmire and Shambling Vent can act as a backup to mutate onto after a board wipe.
2 months ago
Some budget landbase options;
3 months ago
Hey, interesting less than $100 version of Estrid. I like the secondary snow permanent strategy with Marit Lage's Slumber :)
Cards within the budget to consider adding:
- Waker of the Wilds: mana sink to make lands into creatures.
- Dawn's Reflection
- Market Festival
- Command Tower
- Exotic Orchard
- Faerie Conclave: creature land, flying.
- Treetop Village: creature land, trample.
- Celestial Colonnade: creature land, flying/vigilance.
- Stirring Wildwood: creature land, reach.
- Lumbering Falls: creature land, hexproof.
- Genesis Wave: can put lands and enchantments onto the battlefield.
- Wargate: can tutor for a permanent and put it onto the battlefield. Reprinted in the Mystery Booster set, that version is $1.
- Sylvan Scrying: tutor for any land.
- Open the Armory: tutor for any aura.
- Sun Titan: can reanimate lands or other permanents that are 3 or less CMC.
Waker of the Wilds as a mana sink with creature lands can expand on the lands strategy.
Upgrades to consider:
- Waker of the Wilds > Omen of the Sun
- Overgrowth > Omen of the Hunt
- Dawn's Reflection > Sheltered Aerie
- Market Festival > Verdant Haven
- Wargate > Rites of Flourishing
- Genesis Wave > Boundless Realms
- Sun Titan > Embodiment of Insight
- Sylvan Scrying > Treasure Hunt
- Open the Armory > Journey of Discovery
- Command Tower > 1x Forest
- Exotic Orchard > 1x Forest
- Faerie Conclave > 1x Island
- Treetop Village > 1x Forest
- Celestial Colonnade > 1x Island
- Stirring Wildwood > 1x Forest
- Lumbering Falls > 1x Island
Good luck with your deck.
3 months ago
Love me some Phelddagrif! You might like these:
- Treetop Village, Lumbering Falls, Stirring Wildwood. Sneaky Intruder Alarm Synergy!
- Wilderness Reclamation, Frontier Siege, Smothering Tithe
- Nacatl War-Pride. This card is so cool with Phelddagrif. You can actually have the copies attack players other than the defending player of the non-token Nacatl. For example, you can swing OG Nacatl at your frenemy who has 10 hippos, and send the 10 Nacatl copies at non-friend opponents. Has syngery with Teferi's Protection too: Respond to Nacatl's delayed trigger that would normally exile the cat tokens with TP (tokens that are phased out can't be exiled) allowing you to keep all the cat copies!
- Gideon, Champion of Justice, Ezuri's Predation, Arachnogenesis, Dingus Staff. Weaponize the hippo gifts.
- Mantle of Leadership. Give someone hippos just to kill them with commander damage!
- Beck / Call, Borrowing 100,000 Arrows, Theft of Dreams, Keep Watch. Profit from giving hippos.
Here's my hippo list if you're interested: Super Hippo
4 months ago
Welcome to EDH! Can't wait to see how this develops.
4 months ago
If you’re looking to cut a few cards I’d maybe just cut a few basics, your commander helps you ramp + you seem to have a good few ramp cards in the deck too, I tend to run about 35-38 lands per normal list, land matters I’d go 40 max. Since you’re more than then maybe cut 2 forests and a plains? Or look at some of your non basics and see if they need to be there. Personally I’m not a huge fan of Arch of Orazca because I think 5 mana for 1 card is too much, you could run Mikokoro, Center of the Sea instead, yes it gives each opponent a card but your commander does that too. I also don’t think Stirring Wildwood is great, maybe Riftstone Portal would be better for mana fixing.