Stirring Wildwood enters the battlefield tapped.
: Gain or .
: Until end of turn, Stirring Wildwood becomes a 3/4 green and white Elemental creature with reach. It's still a land.
|Have (2)||TheAnnihilator , metalmagic|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Stirring Wildwood occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Stirring Wildwood Discussion
6 months ago
Hey bud, suggestions for some changes:
Lands (I cut the two basic fetch lands, you will be running nice green ramp so won't need em, prob just slow you down otherwise)
- Terramorphic Expanse >> Command Tower
- Evolving Wilds >> Naya Panorama
- Boros Guildgate >> Temple of Triumph
- Selesnya Guildgate >> Stirring Wildwood
- Forest >> Kessig Wolf Run
- Boros Locket >> Rampant Growth
- Gruul Locket >> Cultivate
- Selesnya Locket >> Kodama's Reach
- Orbs of Warding >> Circuitous Route
- Compost >> Wild Growth
- Knotvine Mystic >> Selesnya Signet
- Elixir of Immortality >> Season of Growth (great source of draw for this deck)
- Blessing of the Nephilim >> Archon of Sun's Grace
- Single Combat >> Chandra's Ignition
6 months ago
7 months ago
Feral Prowler over Generous Stray, even better would be Skullclamp but your deck seems to be budget. Arahbo, Roar of the World is to slow (great in commander). Skyhunter Skirmisher is almost always better than Leonin Skyhunter. Kaheera, the Orphanguard should be more than a one of in main board, also even after companion was killed as a mechanic it should still probably be run as a companion since you already meet the requirement. Guardians' Pledge is just bad, there are better versions of it.
Secluded Steppe should never be run in a 60 card non singleton format, Stirring Wildwood could be run as a two of if you really want to but I wouldn't run more than two of them. Temple of Plenty and all other temple's are to slow, just run basics or throw in the money for shocks/sac lands.
Not sure why your making a budget vintage deck, chances are whatever you want to run will be modern legal. (note Skullclamp isn't modern legal)
8 months ago
I've been playing around with a decklist for Nethroi, too. I really like your budge approach. I was trying the same at first but couldn't stop me from buying all these cool overpowered and overpriced pieces of cardboard :D
I think Season of Growth would be good with a reasonable amount of mutate creatures. Lumberknot too because it (or a mutant) keeps growing and is permanently hexproof on top. Golgari Grave-Troll is also "fairly" cheap at the moment. And the manlands Stirring Wildwood, Hissing Quagmire and Shambling Vent can act as a backup to mutate onto after a board wipe.
8 months ago
Some budget landbase options;
9 months ago
Hey, interesting less than $100 version of Estrid. I like the secondary snow permanent strategy with Marit Lage's Slumber :)
Cards within the budget to consider adding:
- Waker of the Wilds: mana sink to make lands into creatures.
- Dawn's Reflection
- Market Festival
- Command Tower
- Exotic Orchard
- Faerie Conclave: creature land, flying.
- Treetop Village: creature land, trample.
- Celestial Colonnade: creature land, flying/vigilance.
- Stirring Wildwood: creature land, reach.
- Lumbering Falls: creature land, hexproof.
- Genesis Wave: can put lands and enchantments onto the battlefield.
- Wargate: can tutor for a permanent and put it onto the battlefield. Reprinted in the Mystery Booster set, that version is $1.
- Sylvan Scrying: tutor for any land.
- Open the Armory: tutor for any aura.
- Sun Titan: can reanimate lands or other permanents that are 3 or less CMC.
Waker of the Wilds as a mana sink with creature lands can expand on the lands strategy.
Upgrades to consider:
- Waker of the Wilds > Omen of the Sun
- Overgrowth > Omen of the Hunt
- Dawn's Reflection > Sheltered Aerie
- Market Festival > Verdant Haven
- Wargate > Rites of Flourishing
- Genesis Wave > Boundless Realms
- Sun Titan > Embodiment of Insight
- Sylvan Scrying > Treasure Hunt
- Open the Armory > Journey of Discovery
- Command Tower > 1x Forest
- Exotic Orchard > 1x Forest
- Faerie Conclave > 1x Island
- Treetop Village > 1x Forest
- Celestial Colonnade > 1x Island
- Stirring Wildwood > 1x Forest
- Lumbering Falls > 1x Island
Good luck with your deck.
10 months ago
Love me some Phelddagrif! You might like these:
- Treetop Village, Lumbering Falls, Stirring Wildwood. Sneaky Intruder Alarm Synergy!
- Wilderness Reclamation, Frontier Siege, Smothering Tithe
- Nacatl War-Pride. This card is so cool with Phelddagrif. You can actually have the copies attack players other than the defending player of the non-token Nacatl. For example, you can swing OG Nacatl at your frenemy who has 10 hippos, and send the 10 Nacatl copies at non-friend opponents. Has syngery with Teferi's Protection too: Respond to Nacatl's delayed trigger that would normally exile the cat tokens with TP (tokens that are phased out can't be exiled) allowing you to keep all the cat copies!
- Gideon, Champion of Justice, Ezuri's Predation, Arachnogenesis, Dingus Staff. Weaponize the hippo gifts.
- Mantle of Leadership. Give someone hippos just to kill them with commander damage!
- Beck / Call, Borrowing 100,000 Arrows, Theft of Dreams, Keep Watch. Profit from giving hippos.
Here's my hippo list if you're interested: Super Hippo
10 months ago
Welcome to EDH! Can't wait to see how this develops.