Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
Swiftwater Cliffs enters the battlefield tapped.
When Swiftwater Cliffs enters the battlefield, you gain 1 life.
: Add or .
3 months ago
To remove any issues with your suspend cards being countered I would suggest running some counterspells. Preferably Spell Pierce, Miscast, Swan Song, Dispel. Since you don't have a way how to defend yourself I would play 8 of them at least in any combination. Perhaps Unsummon might be a good addition either at some point.
Cryptic Command is a great multipurpose thing.
eliakimras on B.F.D.
3 months ago
Glancing through your cards, your deck's problem might be because you're building it based on best-case scenario, with tons of clones and blink synergies. (In my playgroup, Miirym always gets removed before her untap step, so the Miirym player does not rely on her sticking to the board.)
I'll suggest some upgrades for your deck based on making it more consistent and less dependant on Miirym:
Explosive turns with lots of cost reducers sound nice... if people don't blow up your dorks before you get any value from them.
- I would swap out Dragonlord's Servant, Goblin Anarchomancer, Bronze Walrus, Dragonspeaker Shaman, Open the Gates, Mind Stone, Lapis Orb of Dragonkind, Commander's Sphere, Gilded Lotus for Fellwar Stone, Farseek, Nature's Lore, Three Visits, Cultivate, Kodama's Reach, Chromatic Lantern, Coalition Relic, Herald's Horn.
2nd. You need more lands (36 lands + 13 ramp cards is a good starting point)
- Storage lands like Crucible of the Spirit Dragon are only worth it with proliferate shenanigans. Exotic Orchard serves you better.
- Forgotten Cave and Tranquil Thicket can be Sheltered Thicket and Ketria Triome instead. (Synergy with the landfetchers above.)
- Highland Lake, Swiftwater Cliffs, Temple of Epiphany, Timber Gorge and Woodland Stream could be these utility lands instead: Mosswort Bridge, Myriad Landscape, Blighted Woodland, Kessig Wolf Run, Littjara Mirrorlake.
- Bala Ged Recovery Flip, Valakut Awakening Flip and Glasspool Mimic Flip are three spells that can be played as a land. I would take out Dragonmaster Outcast, Delina, Wild Mage and Demanding Dragon for them.
- Evolving Wilds and Terramorphic Expanse could be swapped out for Unclaimed Territory and Secluded Courtyard.
3rd. Better counterspells
4th. Better removal
5th. Better boardwipes
- Klauth's Will is a more versatile Magmaquake. Ryusei, the Falling Star can be cloned for extra doom for your opponents. Curse of the Swine does not touch your board.
- I would take out Magmaquake, Preordain and Opt for the cards above.
6th. More card draw
- Garruk's Uprising is a better Colossal Majesty.
- Garruk, Primal Hunter and Return of the Wildspeaker are also all-stars here. I would take Korlessa, Scale Singer and Mirror Box out for them.
7th. Better win conditions
- About this, please check miirym , need recommendations build and the comment I made on that page. You have plenty of options in this regard.
tayzillamane on Oona
1 year ago
So I actually did an order the day before you commented and luckily for me a lot of your suggestions are in my order.
I’ve been really contemplating making Mirko Vosk my commander due to the lack of red but I really wanted Xander to work.
1 year ago
I should add that colorless cards like The Underworld Cookbook are legal in any Commander deck.
Token creatures do not count toward the 100. This next note is a little more advanced, but you can create tokens that are not in your commander's color identity, as long as the source is within the color identity. As an example, Experimental Synthesizer creates a white creature token, but is legal in a deck. The way to tell if you can use a card is if it has the symbol , , , , or . If it simply says the word white, to use the Experimental Synthesizer example, it is legal with any commander that uses .
To determine how many lands of a given color to add, aim for the same balance as the card color requirements. On TappedOut, there's a pie chart by this comments section. The closer the inner circle matches up with the outer circle, the more accurate your land balance will be.
You can also go the more math-intensive route and count the number of symbols of each color in your deck and divide that by the number of land slots. So if you have, say, 80 and 40 across all the mana costs in your deck, you will want twice as many lands that produce as lands that produce .
As you expand your collection, look for lands that can produce more than one color of mana. These are available at every level, from the common Swiftwater Cliffs and Izzet Guildgate to the rare and valuable Steam Vents and Fiery Islet. These can take the place of a basic land of either color, but remember, you can only have one of each card in Commander, aside from basic lands.
1 year ago
1 year ago
Nice big Update:
2 years ago
Hey, for a first Commander deck well done. You have some interesting card choices and nice Ur-Dragon, Gnawbone, Utvara and Sarkhan.
An area to consider improving on is repeatable draw. When you can get draw from simply having a Dragon ETB then this can help gameplay. Some budget repeatable draw sources to consider adding:
- Temur Ascendancy
- Dragon's Hoard
- Court of Bounty
- Kiora, Behemoth Beckoner
- Dragonborn Champion
- Garruk's Uprising
Most of these cards give you more than one effect: Temur Ascendancy is also haste enabler, Dragon's Hoard and Kiora, Behemoth Beckoner is also ramp, Court of Bounty can also be cheat a Dragon from your hand onto the battlefield as well as land ramp, Garruk's Uprising also gives all creatures you control trample to break through an opponent's annoying flying Spirit or Angel tokens.
You have Dragon Arch and Quicksilver Amulet which are nice effects to cheat Dragons onto the battlefield, but Court of Bounty is a step above these because it provides other effects. It can be repeatable draw with monarch or lets you play a land from your hand at your upkeep. The monarch is you draw a card at your end step, but only one player in the game can be the monarch. Any player who does combat damage to you or plays a card that makes them the monarch then becomes the monarch and you lose the monarch. You can get it back though and flying Dragons help a lot at attacking as well as blocking for an opponent not to be able to do combat damage to you.
Hellkite Charger is a combo with Old Gnawbone for infinite attacks with Dragons, but if you're playing casual then you might want to avoid a combo like this. I would include it as a win condition with Dragons. There's some budget creature/Dragon upgrades to consider:
- Hellkite Charger
- Scourge of Valkas
- Dragonborn Champion
- Faeburrow Elder
- Tireless Provisioner
- Atarka, World Render
- Silumgar, the Drifting Death
- Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund
You have the three staple budget Rainbow lands already: Tower, Orchard and Ancestry which is great, but you could improve the manabase other ways. If you have a low budget for lands then my advice is replace lands that always ETB tapped with a Tri land. A Tri land such as Jungle Shrine also always ETB tapped, but the color fixing it provides, three colors, is worth it. A land such as Swiftwater Cliffs isn't worth it instead consider Frontier Bivouac?
Archway Commons, Gateway Plaza and other lands like this are not good even though they can potentially make one of five colors. You can't play one of them unless you control an untapped land to pay 1 mana and that's a big requirement just be able to play a land.
Some budget land changes to consider:
- Frontier Bivouac --> Gruul Turf
- Crumbling Necropolis --> Swiftwater Cliffs
- Opulent Palace --> Coral Atoll
- Mystic Monastery --> Rustvale Bridge
- Arcane Sanctum --> Mistvault Bridge
- Seaside Citadel --> Quandrix Campus
If interested I offer more advice including cuts to consider. Good luck with your deck.
2 years ago
Unless I'm missing something Cleansing Wildfire and Geomancer's Gambit both seem like they don't advance the game plan very much given that they let your opponent search up basics to replace the lands they lose. Pauper tends to involve decks with lots of basics so it would be hard to get rid of so many that our opponents fail to find. That being said since you are running them you might want to consider Silverbluff Bridge over Swiftwater Cliffs because it will let you use either one of those spells to ramp yourself by targeting your own indestructable dual.