Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Counter target spell. If that spell targets a commander you control, instead counter that spell, scry 2, then draw a card. (Look at the two cards of your library. You may put any number of them on the top and/or bottom of your library in any order.)
3 months ago
5 months ago
Hello! I saw your deck help tag and wanted to give some insight.
I don't run Miirym as commander, but I do have her in the 99 in Smashing Faces with the Ur-Dragon, and she always pushes me to victory whenever she's allowed to stick on the battlefield.
Some areas you might want to change to improve your consistency:
1 - Ramp
- Farseek and Fellwar Stone are great for fixing for multiple colors of mana. You might take out Birds of Paradise (dies so easily), Sakura-Tribe Elder (fixes for only one color) and Sword of Once and Future (no synergy with dragons) for them.
- Skyshroud Claim is great for the same reasons above. Frontier Siege never impressed me in a multicolor deck, because I often need colors outside of .
- If you run the suggestions above, you probably need more fetchable dual lands: Ketria Triome, Breeding Pool, Steam Vents, Stomping Ground, Sheltered Thicket, Wooded Ridgeline.
- If you run Into the North, you can also use Highland Forest, Rimewood Falls, Volatile Fjord and some snow basics (Snow-Covered Forest, Snow-Covered Island, Snow-Covered Mountain) to fetch.
2 - Draw/Haste
- It is tough to cast Tribute to the World Tree in a 3-color deck without Yavimaya, Cradle of Growth or Chromatic Lantern on the battlefield. Maybe you want Temur Ascendancy instead.
3 - Removal/Boardwipes
- Chain Reaction cleans your own dragons. Curse of the Swine should get rid of your opponents' most problematic creatures. If you face a lot of token decks, Surtland Frostpyre is a boardwipe on a land that leaves most of your dragons alive.
- Green Sun's Twilight could be Chaos Warp as a second Beast Within.
4 - Protection
- In my dragons deck, I often want protection and haste for more than one creature. Swiftfoot Boots got swapped out for Asceticism.
- Slip Out the Back could instead be Heroic Intervention (it has good synergy with Blasphemous Act).
- If you don't want to be attacked, Propaganda might deter more attackers than Fog.
- Can you cast Counterspell and Bane's Contingency reliably? Swan Song or Arcane Denial might be easier to cast considering your manabase.
5 - Card draw
- Rishkar's Expertise, Garruk, Primal Hunter and Return of the Wildspeaker are the cream of the crop of green card draw. You might want to remove Blur, Essence Flux and Ghostly Flicker for them. (Instead of running flicker effects to save your creatures, it might be better to just run more threats in case they are dealt with - and card draw helps with that.)
6 - Better threats
- Dragon Broodmother creates tokens at a much faster pace than Dragonmaster Outcast.
- Korlessa, Scale Singer never impressed me. Knollspine Dragon is way better at drawing cards.
- Overwhelming Stampede wins games harder than Thundermaw Hellkite.
- I would take out Flameblast Dragon for Utvara Hellkite.
7 - Some utility lands you might want to run
7 months ago
8 months ago
The deck has been running well when I draw the right cards, but stalls out or is clunky when I don't draw good cards. I think the best starting point to smooth the deck out is by reducing the amount of counterspells to open up room for smoother mana (in the form of mana rocks), spells that asymmetrically counteract something but benefit me, and some stronger walls that - although will cost more - will have better payoffs. That all being said, here's the ins/outs.
Out: An Offer You Can't Refuse... Wall of Vines... Stoneskin... Wall of Resistance... Treefolk Umbra... Mana Leak... Bane's Contingency... Wall of Stolen Identity... Vedalken Orrery... Wall of Ice... Render Silent
In: Heroic Intervention... Fog Bank... Snake Umbra... Wingmantle Chaplain... Brave the Sands... Talisman of Curiosity... Talisman of Unity... Talisman of Progress... Wall of Nets... Eerie Interlude... Champion's Helm
A lot of card swaps which we'll test out. Some may get reversed back in. That's the fun of developing a deck over time!