Creature — Goblin Shaman
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, Guttersnipe deals 2 damage to each opponent.
Combos Browse all
- Guttersnipe + Isochron Scepter
- Goblin Grenade + Guttersnipe
- Dual Casting + Guttersnipe + Lightning Bolt
- Guttersnipe + Lightning Bolt
- Dramatic Reversal + Guttersnipe + Isochron Scepter
- Fireblast + Guttersnipe + Lightning Bolt
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
1 day ago
seshiro_of_the_orochi thank you for the advice!
Originally, I had planned to have Nekusar, the Mindrazer as my commander, but then I accidentally found Kess, Dissident Mage on www.scryfall.com lol, and completely changed my theme to a wheel+spellslinger combo deck, which works really well when you can re-cast cards like Shadow of the Grave
I do like Underworld Dreams , however, it is more of a pick your poison if I have Hullbreacher out. My original questionable idea with Furnace of Rath was that it works very well with Guttersnipe , Cruel Ultimatum or in general any attack.
I could agree with everything else, and don't even know if I will throw in a Fiery Emancipation or Furnace of Rath . I do not own this deck yet, I actually printed this entire thing out about a week ago and had some of the cards, but plan to slowly buy the cards for it replacing the proxies. Thank You again!
2 weeks ago
Wow, what a deck, very creative. I would probably buy it. . . except for the three Mana Confluences, very questionable. I'm assuming that is for blue mana, honestly, just run an Izzet Guildgate instead. This is very good but lacks win conditions, I have some notable suggestions below:) Suggestions:(at least consider sideboarding) Colossification + Fling (will usually seem suspicious in a gruul w a lil blue deck, so wait for your opponents to tap out, and if you want to take it even further Unleash Fury ) Brash Taunter + Unleash Fury or Brash Taunter + Star of Extinction add some counterspells maybe? Dissolve or Cancel Guttersnipe + Dictate of the Twin Gods (note: if you really wanna go crazy, throw in some Shock s, you're paying 1 for four damage lol) Finally, always reccomend Soul-Guide Lantern , pioneer players are mean and very often try to recast from the graveyards, as you will run into a lot more dreadhorde archanists probably, in black decks which is even more scary, given some of the spells they could play.
So that's all i got, like I said, i like the idea of this deck, just take these into consideration:) aslo, if you put Colossification on your Dreadhorde Archanist, essentially you can cast any instant or sorcery spell you want lol
2 weeks ago
I'm probably not the only one confused with which triggers Veyran, Voice of Duality works with.
603.1. Triggered abilities have a trigger condition and an effect. They are written as “[When/Whenever/At] [trigger condition or event], [effect]. [Instructions (if any).]”
So cards like Guttersnipe or cards with magecraft clearly work (she triggers her own magecraft), cool, no problem.
There seems to be a consensus that cards with prowess and similar ( Stormchaser Mage , Aetherflux Reservoir , Wavebreak Hippocamp ) also work so long as it triggers with an instant or sorcery and not another card type. Ok, so maybe the permanent's trigger condition does not need to say 'instant' or 'sorcery'.
What about if something like Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind was triggered with a Brainstorm ? Does the permanent's trigger condition need to say 'cast' too? What 'causes' the triggered ability to trigger? Is it the casting or the drawing? Same question with Baral, Chief of Compliance .
How does Spellweaver Volute work? DO you get two copies of the same instant?
3 weeks ago
Hey, well done on a budget for your first Commander deck. I'm having fun with Veyran with Kalamax, the Stormsire .
You have 111 cards which is too many. Cards to consider cutting to get to 100 cards:
- Temple of the False God : you don't have any land ramp, only relying on land drops to get five or more lands. This land will not be able to tap for mana until turn five or six at the earliest which is really bad.
- Sphinx-Bone Wand : it's too slow for the for payoff even with Veyran. It's seven mana and you then have to cast an instant or sorcery to put a counter on it.
- Siren of the Fanged Coast : five mana 4/4 flier is what this will be every time you cast it which is subpar.
- Brass's Bounty : not worth seven mana for treasures since you don't want to ramp into it. Need at least six lands in your control to make paying seven mana worth six treasures.
- Curator's Ward : you have better hexproof protection (Greaves/Boots) for Veyran.
- Selective Snare : narrow sorcery speed removal since only works on one creature type.
- Violent Impact
- Traitorous Blood
- Darksteel Ingot
- Jori En, Ruin Diver
Some budget cards to consider adding:
- Reiterate : combos with Mana Geyser to make infinite red mana as long as opponents have seven or more tapped lands. Buyback is nice when you want to be casting instants since it lets you after resolving it put it back into your hand to cast again. Mana enablers Storm-Kiln Artist and Birgi, God of Storytelling Flip are excellent with buyback.
Buyback is the reason that Reiterate can be a infinite combo with Geyser. After copying Geyser with Reiterate you resolve the copy of Geyser first and then resolve the original Reiterate which puts it back into your hand. While the original Geyser is still on the stack cast Reiterate again to copy the original Geyser and repeat. Can make infinite storm count for
, infinite cast of instant for
Ral, Storm Conduit
or infinite mana for
Jaya's Immolating Inferno
as win conditions.
- Solve the Equation : tutor for any instant or sorcery.
- Saheeli, Sublime Artificer
- Frantic Search : goes well with High Tide since it can untap lands. Being able to cast an instant to draw and then untap lands lets you potentially cast another instant that you may of drawn to get more out of Veyran and magecraft.
- Brainstorm : staple blue draw spell, instant draw three for one mana.
- Increasing Vengeance : copy your own instant or sorcery. Has flashback which lets you cast it again from your graveyard and if you do copy your own instant or sorcery twice.
- Preordain : Scry 2 before you draw is nice. One mana spell that's a good target to copy.
- Wizard's Retort : Veyran is a Wizard.
- Shivan Reef
- Ash Barrens
- Grixis Panorama
If interested I offer more advice including cuts to consider. Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
Blaksteele Really nice protoype. Niv-Mizzet, Parun may be one of the most fun commanders in EDH. I really think you have a solid prototype here. Definitely play test it to see what direction you want to take this beast.
A few suggestions:
Niv-Mizzet, Parun loves when you draw cards and casts spells. I would recommend playing less creatures and more spells that net raw card draw. Cards like Oneirophage seem great, but aren't as valuable as triggering Niv-Mizzet's ability. The same is true with creatures like Tolarian Kraken or Nadir Kraken where you have to spend resources on top of drawing cards to trigger an additional effect.
Instead of running the extra creatures, I would trust more in Niv-Mizzet, Parun . Fill your deck with cheap spells that draw cards, and in turn trigger Niv-Mizzet, Parun 's ability to draw extra cards and do damage. Opt , Brainstorm , Wheel and Deal , Windfall , Ponder are all great examples that exploit Niv-Mizzy so well.
*Protection and Interaction*
Niv-Mizzet, Parun 's greatest weaknesses are his mana cost (3 red + 3 blue) and protecting him. This is truly a deck that will probably not win without its commander on the field, so you really need to protect him. You should include a package of instants that will allow you to interact with your opponents' attempts to remove him. Lazotep Plating is a cheap option. Basic control magic will also be very helpful (and each one triggers Niv-Mizzy). Counterspell , Delay , Narset's Reversal , Wizard's Retort etc are all good and affordable options. Consider removing Jaya, Venerated Firemage and Tibalt, the Fiend-Blooded to make room for them. These planeswalker seem good, but will almost never net you as much value as other instant/sorceries will.
*Manabase and Mana-fixing*
As noted above, getting down Niv-Mizzet will be tough if you can't mana fix. If you are running 40 lands, make sure you have a way to fix your mana. You're going to need 3 Red and 3 Blue to cast Niv-Mizzet. In a basic land only build, to get Niv-Mizzy out on curve, you'll need to make sure you never miss a land drop and you drop down the right land each drop. Most games you'll lose, will probably be because you can't cast Niv-Mizzy. I'd add tools that make sure that happens. Arcane Signet is an easy add. Expedition Map as well.
As you build your mana base, focus on lands that don't come into play tap but can produce any color mana.
Really great starting place! You got it down to a solid win condition, you have a clear vision on how you're going to get there, and you have themes that support the plan. All you need know is focusing down on those themes a little more and finding more consistent paths to success. Well done for your second build. (Remember to include your manabase, even if its just filled with basic lands... because right now, it looks like you're playing 40 lands. With an average CMC of 3.5, that seems like a lot.)
1 month ago
Love it but id say there was too many creatures in it you may want to remove some for Sphinx-Bone Wand as a potential win con and Guttersnipe for synergy. Feel free to have a look at mine i run a slightly more competitive version Izzet Mizzix Insanity also +1 from me :)
1 month ago
Usually, Bonus Round is involved in some capacity, but generally casting and copying spells with Aria of Flame , Guttersnipe , or Sentinel Tower on the field will do it. Or a particularly large number of copies of Brass's Bounty into a sufficiently large Comet Storm . With enough of a back-and-forth of Bonus Round and Reiterate , you can even end up with enough copy triggers that casting Lightning Bolt will be enough to take your opponents from 40 to 0.