Liliana of the Dark Realms
Planeswalker — Liliana
+1: Search your library for a Swamp card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
-3: Target creature gets +X/+X or -X/-X until end of turn, where X is the number of Swamps you control.
-6: You get an emblem with "Swamps you control have ': Add to your mana pool.'"
|Have (3)||metalmagic , gildan_bladeborn , Redbeard09|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Liliana of the Dark Realms Discussion
1 month ago
love the idea and got a lot of great cards you should consider: Erebos, God of the Dead i might run 3 of these boys. obv choice with black devotion.
Crypt Ghast is gonna pop off in this deck, no doubt. Royal Assassin as well. I'd ditch the Nightveil Specter since they could easily be replaced with Vampire Nighthawk for way more value. also consider Bloodsoaked Champion
2 months ago
6 months ago
Lhurgyof - I would personally keep those cards away from Syr Konrad and use them in deck with
K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth
Vilis, Broker of Blood
, etc... also from the new set:
(I know this is few months old comment, so you probably know about it already).
nieds - I see you already got a lot of really good cards, I'll just type some of them that I cut out since they're kinda meh in this kind of deck below. Anyway, you can check my Syr Konrad's deck here: For the Void. Im still switching few cards, explaining why I chose every card in the deck description, etc. I decided to go with mix of reanimator+aristocrats with several infinite combos. So I would welcome any feedback aswell and you might get some inspiration right there! :)
Some cards I would cut and why:
- is good in voltron / attack based decks, but here it looks like a random card that can gives you some life back (which black/other artifacts can do just better than lifelink artifact), but for 6 mana its meh. You could replace it with
, which is three times mana cheaper and provides you with another utility ability. Or simply
as another pseudo mana rock that also gives you a bit of life.
2) Sensei's Divining Top - I know SDT is amazing on its own, but I wouldnt personally bother with it, unless you would go for the Aetherflux Reservoir + Bolas's Citadel + Sensei's Divining Top combo. I would switch it for either Viscera Seer (as another free sac outlet), or my choice for my deck was Shadows of the Past (with any infinite creature generator+sac and Bolas's Citadel, you can just "tutor" and cast whatever you want from top of your deck - think I explained it in my deck's description already or I add it sometime later).
3) Painful Quandary - Again, good card, just doesnt fit that well in my opinion. Goes well with Mindcrank and Archfiend of Despair but thats probably about it. I would rather put it in some discard focused deck. Instead of this, card like Morality Shift would be really cool for sure. Or cards like Forever Young / Gravepurge / Death Denied to proc Syr Konrad's ability and recast them with Bolas's Citadel + another card draw sources. Or you could also stick to enchantments liie Mortuary / Haunted Crossroads (parts of my infinite combos).
4) From planeswalkers I would personally keep only Liliana of the Dark Realms (to help with land drops and deck thining) and Tevesh Szat, Doom of Fools (creates more tokens than Lilianas, decent card-draw and punish opponents for letting you -10 him). Other Lilianas are not bad for sure, just either slow or not that fascinating as they seems to be. Karns are just out of place.
Cards I would put in for sure:
- even on its own, it triggers Syr Konrad's ability twice and only for everytime! As you might already know, I use it with
to make infinite etb/die/sac triggers.
2) Bog Witch - discarding (creature) cards to trigger Syr Konrad's ability; is basically Dark Ritual on a stick which you could use to Reanimate / Animate Dead / Victimize right after. Also is 1/1, so another target for your Skullclamp .
3) Doom Whisperer - big good stuff with ability to filter your deck and put creatures directly from your library into the graveyard.
4) Haunted Crossroads - even on its own, its great way to get your creatures back (on top of library for Bolas's Citadel), next to Phyrexian Reclamation .
5) Emergence Zone - simply to give your spells Flash when you would need them, really nice utility land (similar is Winding Canyons but only for creatures, so eh).
6) Malakir Rebirth Flip - cheap way to "protect" your creature, triggering Syr Konrad's ability or another land if needed.
7) Tainted Strike - absolute game winning beast card with Syr Konrad and either any creature/sac generator, boardwipe with 10+ creatures on board, or discard/mill cards.
8) Diabolic Intent - you got plenty of token generators, so this is just mana-cheap tutor.
9) Feed the Swarm - more ways to deal with enchantments and creatures.
I hope some of this will help and you like some of those cards! :)
8 months ago
Ooh I love this deck. Incredible how having so many big guys works so well. Although I must say Liliana of the Dark Realms is a strange choice. But understandable considering the cost of other Liliana's
10 months ago
I usually try to use cheaper cards to keep it around 200-300. So I don't usually have those higher priced card in mine. No shame in using them, but thats just me. Looking at the deck more, you got a lot of the core Wincons which is nice to see.
There is one that I'm not seeing, which imo is one of the better for the deck, which is Thrilling Encore. Usually its seen as a worse Rise of the Dark Realms, but in this case it works really well because you can recur it twice. Plus you can get a lot of value versus green decks with it + Force of Despair.
Another two cards I'd recommend are Magus of the Coffers & Caged Sun mainly because we are playing black. Which admittedly the ramp for black is kinda meh, but Mana Doubling is where it is at. You could also do Liliana of the Dark Realms, but its kind of overkill.
I also recently found this commander, but I love him. He's really fun to build and isn't like any other mono black commander I've ever played.
10 months ago
Liliana of the Dark Realms should be an auto-include, too
10 months ago
I would cut Conspiracy, since most of your creatures are zombies anyway and little tokens you create, you could just sacrifice asap with Ayara/Conrad on board.
Prismatic Geoscope - read rules on Gatherer.wizards.com - its 5 mana rock, that enters the battlefield tapped and can produce only one mana = useless in mono color deck. Better go with Sol Ring/Mana Geode/Arcane Signet are better options for that.
I use Tortured Existence+Desecrated Tomb in my For the Void deck and its just pure awesomeness. Every activasion of TD triggers Syr Conrad's ability twice (one creature coming out of you GY, another one coming in) and DT gives you 1/1 BLACK bat token with flying (which matters for Ayara). Its also insant speed activation, so you can use them to create flying blockers and a lot of tokens to sacrifice. Add in Phyrexian Altar and you can go infinite with either Ayara or Syr Konrad.
Sanguine Bond - With weak life gain in this deck, I wouldnt bother with this. I would replace it with more ramp - Caged Sun/Black Market or Songs of the Damned (which would work even better with Buried Alive), etc.; Village Rites would be very nice card draw (of course Phyrexian Arena, Necropotence is a big thing too).
Liliana of the Dark Realms could be also pretty nice for ramp.
You can always keep Sanguine Bond and throw in more life gain stuff life Whip of Erebos/Dread Presence/Ivory Tower/Venser's Journal or graveyard hate cards like Crypt Incursion/Suffer the Past.
Woe Strider could be used as instant sac outlet for your Ayara, with a 0/1 WHITE token and scry 1 as a nice bonus.
Cabal Coffers,Lake of the Dead,Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx - also very good lands for mono black decks, just not for low budget decks. Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth - probably not worth it if you dont run that many non-swamp lands.
Cards I would cut off:
Forlorn Pseudamma - 4 cmc 2/1, that needs to be tapped and pay additional just to make 2/2 zombie seems not very good.
Piper of the Swarm - they only thing making rats is Piper and Plague of Vermin (which is ok though). Piper works much better in Ayara rat decks. In this almost zombie tribal deck, Piper just doesnt really fit.
Syphon Flesh - Very independent on your opponent's board state and number of opponents.. So its kinda 50/50.
Conspiracy - Unless you're going to do some shenanigans with making non-zombie creatures and tokens into zombies (I counted 10 things in total that are either non-zombie creatures or make non-zombie tokens), I really wouldnt waste a card space with it, unless you can do some absurd amount of tokens.
Prismatic Geoscope - as I already said above.
10 months ago
Tarzunga - I totally understand, I have problems to cut cards in my decks aswell, even after so many changes I still keep changing cards.
Thing about Liliana of the Dark Realms is, it tighten your deck, so there is smaller chance to draw some crappy land when you dont need them anymore. Her ultimate is definetly great, but I think even if she gets removed before you pull out her ultimate, she eats some removal. Same goes for some other cards.. they are strong, can help you a lot, but opponents may waste some removal for them, so your next card can be a bit more safe.
Even if your playgroup changed infect damage from 10 to 20, infect still counts from any creature that dealt the infect damage, so every creature can deal a potentional lethal damage out of nowhere, not just commander damage.
That combo Dango mentioned is pretty decent, but Im not a fan of Reseirvoir+Sensei, even they are good cards for sure :D I actually made a different infinite combo with Bolas's Citadel, but its more derpy.
Necropotence - Depends how many discard effects you got in your deck and what your opponents are playing, but its a beast card for sure, that could easily win you the game. But Im considering to cut it out of my own deck, since it kinda breaks my important discard combo cards and replace it with some other card draw.
Oh, and I would also replace Bone Harvest for Gravepurge.
Also, Bitter Ordeal is a sorcery, yeah, so it doesnt really work with Umezawa, but it can be pretty fatal if you use it right.
I would considere cutting:
Royal Assassin - 3 cmc 1/1, requires haste or extra turn and tapped creature. Some insant removal/maybeboard card could be more useful.
Oathkeeper, Takeno's Daisho - I might be wrong, but it feels kinda wrong... Something like Whispersilk Cloak or Kaya's Ghostform.
Castle Locthwain - draws ONLY one card and you lose (most likely) a lot of life, since black has a lot of card draw is kinda meh. I would replace it with Emergence Zone to give your spells flash (Bitter Ordeal says hello) when you would need it.