|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Uncommon|
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Uncommon|
|Vintage Masters (VMA)||Uncommon|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Uncommon|
|From the Vault: Exiled (V09)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature gets +1/-1.
Whenever equipped creature dies, draw two cards.
|Have (5)||MTG_Optometry , , Forkbeard , metalmagic , TrystonSpencer|
|Want (15)||Otakufan64 , BrunoSM , amergerbil , moshspeggeti , Rothidern , Cartwright , Mac-Daddy , zilikken , xegster , Luckybuck , opaldes , Fuzzy79 , Graudo , SnappleCaptain , VictorS|
1 day ago
Got a few suggestions for you and I'll try to break it down by category.
Let me know if you're picking up what I'm putting down, I can continue. In the meantime, feel free to check out my list for inspiration. It's one of the top rated Marchesa lists on this site. Upvotes on any of my decks are appreciated. Every Masochist Needs a Marchesa To Love Them
3 days ago
Regarding copter: Vehicles are a newer type of card. Copter was from the first set to ever include vehicles. Compare this to OG Mirrodin and Skullclamp . Equipment started in that block, and WotC had to learn about the rich interactions equipment has. They tried to weaken it by having it give creature -1 toughness. Today, we know that this is what makes the card powerful. This is true for Umezawa's Jitte as well. I mean, they even put it into a theme deck back then because they didn't properly estimate its power.
Regarding OuaT: It's an enabler. It would propably be fine if the rest of the current standard legal green cards wouldn't be as powerful as they are. That effect without hitting lands costed G in original Kamigawa in the form of Commune with Nature . As a rare, with higher printed cost and a basically narrow condition to cast it for free, it should be fine...weren't it for everybody's non-favourite Trickster Oko.
4 days ago
Cool build bro. Definitely a +1 from me!
My only advice is more card draw. You're cheating Mana cost with this deck which means you're playing out your hand faster than most, which in turn means you need more card draw than most to really be consistent and also have those explosive turns this commander is typically so good at.
Luckily for you black has some great options! You are already have 3 of the best BUT Phyrexian Arena , Disciple of Bolas , and Necropotence are the only reliable sources you have. Vilis, Broker of Blood is an incredible card but should not be considered as a reliable source of card draw, but more of a win con for the late game. Bloodgift Demon is also a really cool card but he's a body that your deck won't even use since it doesn't win by combat, and 5 Mana to draw a card next turn isn't worth it. You should have AT LEAST 10 reliable sources that can be viable in the early AND late game!
Here are a few more to consider:
Those are some incredible cards but if you'd like some more ideas, check out this list that some people put together on tapped out: List of EDH Draw Cards
Its a list of all relevant draw cards in EDH.
Hope this helped!
5 days ago
Hi, thank you for your advices, they're precisely what i needed! First of all i know that the description is rough and approximate, when i'll arrive to 100 cards beeing sure i'll fix it once for all.
Fetid Heath , Phyrexian Tower and Diabolic Intent are surely better, and are in my wishlist for now, but i'm already investing in my Kaalia deck and except for some budget utilities (like Wake the Dead ) i prefer to wait.
Talking about the cutting (that was my biggest problem):
Cathodion is effectively the first card to remove
Pitiless Plunderer and Geist-Honored Monk have both better alternatives ( Pawn of Ulamog and Sengir Autocrat ). The second was in for giving more possibilities to get a Nim's piece of Combo and a Xathrid Necromancer target. But i think you're right and i'll cut both of them.
I think that Felidar-Restoration + Corpse Knight could be a solution if i can't pass from graveyard ( Rest in Peace & co.), but effectively it's less synergical with Teysa and all the deck. So I'll cut them.
Cutting all this i go to 100 with Teysa Karlov and Elenda, the Dusk Rose still inside: the second is not a good token generator neither is useful with his lifelink, maybe adding a Doom Whisperer to going through the deck looking for missing card? The second is a redundant, if i go infinite i don't need it, but don't you think that in a bad moment of the game a double Teysa, Orzhov Scion or Skullclamp or giving lifelink and vigilance to all the generated tokens could be a good topdeck?
5 days ago
Andrew6Gardiner: I'm super happy you love the deck, dude! :)
- Elvish Harbinger out for Natural Order
- Skullclamp out for Sylvan Library
- Band Together out for Somberwald Stag
6 days ago
I have several suggestions for you but this is a good start. I'll try to keep my recommendations budget(ish) friendly and I'll break it down by category.
If you're picking up what I'm putting down let me know, I can continue. I've played Marchesa for several years now and have one of the top rated decks on this site. Feel free to check out my list for inspiration. Upvotes on any of my decks are appreciated. Every Masochist Needs a Marchesa To Love Them
1 week ago
Reconnaissance over Throne of the God-Pharoah. Reconnaissance allows you to attack with EVERY creature safely, deal combat damage in most situations, and have every one of those creatures untapped and ready to block by the end of combat.
It untaps to avoid bad blockers (only situation you don't deal combat damage), it untaps after first strike but before normal combat damage (handy for getting counters from Drana to your whole team and busted with Stromkirk Captain/ Stensia Masquerade ), and it even untaps after normal combat damage is dealt due to the creature being an attacking creature until the end of combat step ends (you untap in the middle of this step).
An anti-wrath measure or 2 does wonders here. Teferi's Protection if you got one... otherwise Boros Charm and Scapegoat . More card draw can also keep you out of topdeck mode... Skullclamp , Herald's Horn , and Dark Prophecy .
Feel free to check out my list for ideas. Upvotes on any of my decks are appreciated. Edgar's Dega Vampires
1 week ago
so the way I see it you're actually quite close (33 basic lands means 25 basic lands brings you up to 82)
- Zephyr Sprite (basic 1 drop flyer, but a 1 drop flyer is good on its own)
- Wydwen, the Biting Gale (3/3 flyer with an ability that gives you bounce to save itself or add faerie casts)
- Wasp Lancer (3 mana faerie flyer, that's it)
- Vendilion Clique (ok, pricey but a good way to say no to an incoming problem)
- Thieving Sprite (another way to say no to an incoming threat)
- Silkbind Faerie (untap effects are very exploitable, although often rare)
- Silkbind Faerie (easy to be a 3/3 flying vigilance for 3)
- Ringskipper (this one is kinda mostly filler but could be obnoxious to get rid of)
- Quickling (ok I think this is a diamond in the rough, 2 mana, get a body AND save a faerie from impending doom)
- Oona's Gatewarden (i know defender BUT WITHER IS SUCH A GOOD MECHANIC)
- Nightveil Sprite (2 mana 1/2 flyer that lets you look at the top card of your library, with the option to toss)
- Mistbind Clique (forcing your opponent into an all out play can create quite the opening, timing it before the end of a phase limits their options on what they can do with all that mana)
- Metropolis Sprite (With anthems that ability could be nasty, especially since early game flyers are often going unblocked)
- Knacksaw Clique (I hate myself for suggesting this monster of a card but even if you aren't stealing their cards, your permanently removing them and that's just nasty)
- Faerie Vandal (drawing 2 cards in a turn isnt hard in blue, so in many cases it will get +1/+1 every turn)
- Faerie Mechanist (counts as an artifact AND sifts for more)
- Fae of Wishes (that adventure lets you pull solutions out of thin air)
- Eye Collector (1/1 with a decent ability)
- Brazen Borrower (again not budget but another great adventure)
- Faerie Guidemother (1 drop white with an ok adventure option)
- Phyrexian Metamorph (clone that can hit artifacts always good, especially in EDH)
- Glorious Anthem (aka the namesake for all anthems)
- Dictate of Heliod (double anthem with flash)
- Marshal's Anthem (but pricey mana wise but potent)
- Kindred Boon (not an anthem but...it's a bit slow but indestructible is nasty)
- Kindred Discovery (also not an anthem but CAAAAAARRRRD DRAW)
- All That Glitters (potent aura in your deck, slap it on Alela for quick win)
- Mirrormade (MORE CLOOOOOONESSS but for artifact or enchantment)
- Bident of Thassa (caaaaaaaarrrrddd draaaaawwww)
- Skullclamp (mooooorrreeeee caaaard draaaaawwww)
- Smothering Tithe (this guy is broken in EDH)
- Coastal Piracy ( heavy breathing CAAAAAAAAAAARRRRDD DRAAAW)
- Blind Obedience (good control enchantment)
- insert every flavor of mana rocks here
- Mortify (reeeemoval)
- Path to Exile (more removal)
- Swords to Plowshares (did I mention removal is important)
- Generous Gift (echo echo echo)
- Vindicate (I remember when this was like a 20$ card)
- Ghostly Prison (the best defense is actually having defense)
- Utter End (hits anything but land and its gone for good)
- Disenchant (technically the OG naturalize)
- Diabolic Tutor (like demonic tutor only not 25$)
- Open the Vaults (wow that was a nasty Nevinyrral's Disk wouldn't it be a shame if it didn't stick)
- Propaganda (Ghostly Prison but blue)
- Sphere of Safety (ghostly prison but gets really out of hand fast)
- Darksteel Mutation (this card is evil)
- Imprisoned in the Moon (that’s a nice land ya got there)
- Frogify (MAKE THAT COMMANDER A FROG)
- Phyrexian Arena (card draw, but black)
- Aura of Silence (because only you can have artifacts and enchantments)
- Dispeller's Capsule (disenchant on a stick)
- Norn's Annex (phyrexian ghostly prison)
- Notorious Throng (TURN THAT PAIN INTO FRIENDS))
- Wrath of God (NUKE UM NUKE UM)
- Fumigate (Moooore NUUUKES)
- Oblivion Ring (say no, now with enchantments)
- Detention Sphere (kill all of one type of token, or remove all the sol rings, you know for shits and giggles)
- Karmic Justice (blow up my stuff i blow you up)
- Land Tax (ok not budget but reeeeaaaallly nice for lands outside of green)
- Grasp of Fate (o ring but for each opponent)
- Attrition (you should have tons of minions so sacking some for removal is value)
- True Conviction (one of my favorite big nasty enchantments)
- Akroma's Memorial (most of the times this hits the field it's over)
- Jace Beleren (og jace is nice)
Skullclamp occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.26%
WB (Orzhov): 1.31%
GW (Selesnya): 1.11%
UR (Izzet): 0.59%
BRG (Jund): 1.15%
BGW (Abzan, Junk): 3.52%
RBW (Mardu): 0.94%