You draw two cards and you lose 2 life.
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster (MYS1)||Common|
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Jace vs. Vraska (DDM)||Uncommon|
|Fifth Dawn (5DN)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Night's Whisper occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.07%
Night's Whisper Discussion
8 hours ago
- cut Doomed Dissenter since it can't be recast with your commander, and there are plenty of 2/2 zombies for 2 which can
- cut Festering Mummy because in commander, most creatures will not die with a couple of -1/-1 counters. Consider keeping it if your opponents play lots of mana dorks such as Llanowar Elves
- cut Ghoulraiser, your commander casts a zombie of your choice from the graveyard anyway
- cut Liliana's Steward, targeted discard is bad in commander. You and the targeted opponent lose a card, but your other two opponents don't.
- cut Increasing Ambition, it simply costs too much mana for the effect in my opinion
- cut Sealed Fate, it's pretty bad unless your opponent just used a Worldly Tutor or something
- cut Shamble Back, you don't want to exile your own creatures, and it's a pretty poor form of graveyard hate.
- cut Remove Soul, if you're paying 2 mana for a counterspell, you want it to hit more than just creatures
- cut Spell Snuff, 3 mana counterspells are too expensive
- cut Vile Rebirth for the same reason as Shamble Back
- cut Manalith and Nyx Lotus. When you're in 2 colours, you generally don't want to pay more than 2 mana to ramp. Plus if you ramp on turn 2, you'll have 4 mana on turn 3, allowing you to cast your commander early
- cut Telepathy, it's not worth using a card to see your opponents hand unless you're playing something specific like maybe Sen Triplets.
- For semi-budget 2-colour deck, your mana base looks pretty good. I would just cut Skyline Cascade, having it come in tapped isn't worth it for it's effect in commander. You can probably just play a basic island in its place.
If you want to upgrade your mana base, avoid lands that come in tapped like Dimir Guildgate. A few suggestions would be Command Tower, Choked Estuary, Darkwater Catacombs, Drowned Catacomb, Tainted Isle, Underground River, Watery Grave.
I hope that was helpful! Here's a link to my The Scarab God commander deck which has a pretty similar zombie tribal theme to what you have. Take a look through it and maybe you'll find more cards that I forgot to mention. If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask!
1 day ago
3 days ago
def would add Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, as well as Arena if its legal and other great cool cards are Prismatic Omen but more importantly Dryad of the Ilysian Grove also having some of these cards can make side boarding Blood Moon fairly effective. I'd also definitely add in a full set of Birds of Paradise i'd also look into adding in Eldritch Evolution aswell as a couple of Fiend Artisans in also Night's Whisper over erebros for sure theres also many other gresats, like scavenging ooze deathrite shaman dark confidant eidolon of the great revel murderous rider bloodbraid elf ect
5 days ago
1 week ago
I see a distinct lack of card draw so I'd personally look to improve that area so you can dig through the deck to find cards you need, whether that's using
- Instant/Sorcery - Read the Bones, Sign in Blood, Night's Whisper, Village Rites
- Enchantment - Necropotence, Phyrexian Arena, Land Tax (Land Tax to mainly remove lands that you shouldn't need late game)
- Creatures - Grim Haruspex, Dark Confidant. Obviously your budget will dictate what you choose.
Luminous Broodmoth is always a fun one to chuck in with Athreos as well.
1 week ago
You love those Vorrac Battlehorns don't you?
I would suggest adding another Mephitic Ooze and some equipment that grant Lure effects so that you can kill even more creatures with the Ooze. Also, maybe some card draw like Night's Whisper? On that note, given the amount of Germs you are going to get, Village Rites might be nice.
Last but not least: living weapon creates Germs ... pandemic ... just a thought.
1 week ago
First off, I wish there was some way for me to play this deck because it looks absolutely BANANAS. I love rats and this takes them to the max and beyond. I like the versatility but the one place I saw something that might be a big change would be swapping Village Rites in for Sign in Blood or Night's Whisper to give you the same card draw at instant speed without the life loss. Definitely worth an upvote though and good luck with it, mate!
1 week ago
Toxic Deluge is an expensive card that I expect to go down in price soon (it's been reprinted in Double Masters, and in my experience masters sets tank their rares, if only for a short while). It'd be especially good since you have a lot of high-toughness cards.
I also think that even in a deck based on walls, you can benefit a LOT from one-mana mana-dorks. Arbor Elf, Elves of Deep Shadow, Elvish Mystic, Llanowar Elves, Deathrite Shaman, Fyndhorn Elves etc. will accelerate you in a way that only green can do. Even with boardwipes, they're worth it. Note that they also let you land your general turn two, if you get the right mana.
Additionally, since you're not a landfall, I feel like you're running too many lands. Replacing some with dorks will let you come out of the gate a lot faster. (I play EDH with a lot of more powerful decks, and your experience may differ from mine. However, I find that being able to land a meaningful turn-one play like Birds of Paradise is good in all power-levels.)
Speaking of lands, your mana base can be improved for relatively cheap. Indatha Triome is about $4 these days, and could easily replace your Jungle Hollow... Fetches are busted, especially when paired with duals like Overgrown Tomb or Savannah. However, if you don't plan on selling a kidney, there're other ways to improve. Slow-fetches (Rocky Tar Pit, Bad River, Flood Plain, Mountain Valley and Grasslands) are super affordable. Note that they can also fetch your non-basic typed lands (like Canopy Vista or Indatha Triome). Other lands of various prices to consider are Exotic Orchard, City of Brass, Reflecting Pool, Llanowar Wastes, Brushland, Caves of Koilos and friends.
Card advantage decides most EDH (and Magic in general) games. Some cards to consider: Sylvan Library, Painful Truths, Harmonize, Night's Whisper, Phyrexian Arena, Dark Tutelage etc. are all good ways. I was going to suggest Runic Armasaur, but you already spotted that one.
Retribution of the Meek is a GREAT wipe for decks like this.
I also suggest cutting some cards. I don't think Path to Exile is very good in EDH, where one-for-ones need to be REALLY good (like Swords to Plowshares or non-type specific like Mythos of Nethroi), and Path to Exile ramps your opponents. They're very likely to just use the extra mana to deploy a more dangerous threat. Glyph of Doom is interesting, and might be good, but I don't think it would be (granted that's not based on direct experience). I think you could probably just use a more powerful card in that slot. I also think you can cut some of the equipments for more influential cards. For example, if you cut Spidersilk Net and friends you can run things like Collector Ouphe and Stony Silence. If you're running mana dorks, you'll have ramp while your artifact-based friends get nailed.
Right. That's all I got. Hope this helped!