Black creature spells you cast cost less to cast.
Whenever you cast a creature spell, each opponent loses 1 life and you gain 1 life.
|Have (2)||Redbeard09 ,|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Bontu's Monument Discussion
1 week ago
Your deck could be just about as effective if you chose another tutor card other than Imperial Seal which is prohibitively expensive for just about anyone.
Ive got a monoblack deck that might have a few ideas for you worth looking at. Marrow-Gnawer King of the Rat Colony
Also 40 shadowborns may be so much that it takes away from your options to remove, ramp, or even draw more effectively.
2 weeks ago
Thank you very much your feedback and suggestions.
I really plan to cut out Breeding Pit and Aphemia, the Cacophony , I just feel I need more token factories and those are my only possibilities right now. Ophiomancer and Bloodline Keeper Flip are brilliant cards for my deck, unfortunately I don't have money for them right now.
Ghoulcaller Gisa is a good call, but I really won't have big power creatures, I could sacrifice only 0-1-2 power creatures, and for 5 mana it's too much from a creature without ETB effects.
I don't want Glaring Spotlight and Daring Fiendbonder in my deck, since these cards are for attack support. I don't feel like attack at all with this deck. Probably all my creatures will defend my health and my PW's and they will be sacrificed before the summoning sickness wears off.
2 weeks ago
1 month ago
Hey Patrick, just wanted to say I love the content you're putting out, and you've really inspired me to start to look into Higher Power/cEDH decks to build for myself, my first high powered deck last year actually being a budget version of your Teshar list. Your videos are on repeat for me either in the background while I write papers. I would love to join the Patreon and support you, but I barely have enough funds to play magic even right now so that's out of the picture. All I can offer to you is my thanks is the statement that you're probably my favorite MTG YouTuber!
Please don't feel like you have to read any of the following, it's just my ramblings/a few questions but it may be a long read so I won't be offended if you don't read it, as I know you don't typically keep budget cards in mind persay. Also hey, if leaving a comment can maybe help this awesome deck of yours to get more traction/attention on tappedout for whatever reason, even better.
I've been building my own Belbe list over the last few days and I had a few questions about potential cards to include? I don't always play in a cEDH meta really but have some really close to cEDH decks like a more 75% Brago, a Malcolm, Keen-Eyed Navigator + Vial Smasher the Fierce Curiosity control, and Godo Helm fairly often. I'm hoping to transition more towards cEDH in general and with this deck in particular.
As a college student with no real source of income right now I'm a bit low on funds and we don't typically use proxies in my group, so I don't particularly know if this is a good spot to ask about budget alternatives to the Mike Trike combo, but I figured I might as well give it a shot. I've watched the Cold Brew and the deck tech, but if I forget if you mentioned something from them I apologize when asking about a few cards. Do you have any particularly budget combos you would suggest that maybe you tried during testing? I recall you talking about Gravecrawler loops in the Cold Brew, and I'm thinking of maybe some of those combos as with the Bontu's Monument , Pitiless Plunderer and Carrion Feeder (already in my list) would be a solid win I feel.
Currently I'm mainly running a Protean Hulk line of Disciple of the Vault , Carrion Feeder / Viscera Seer , Melira, Sylvok Outcast , and Lesser Masticore for infinite drain. My meta doesn't run much GY hate so I'm feeling decent with this, but losing one piece usually leads to waffling out. I know you mentioned a Phyrexian Delver line so I may look more into that, maybe getting it and and a one drop sac outlet first plus Putrid Goblin / Blood Artist with the leftover mana for the second Hulk trigger? I'm unsure if that's way too clunky, but I'll have to see.
My back up win is currently a Necrotic Ooze line or two, but not Triskelion / Phyrexian Devourer lines as both together are like, over $60 which is money I can't really shell out right now. Right now I'm doing Devoted Druid + Channeler Initiate and Priest of Titania + Pili-Pala lines for infinite mana of any color. Only current outlet I really have is Walking Ballista , which while good, I can't always rely on with all the artifact hate in my groups. I was thinking of adding more creature outlets maybe as they're easier for me to tutor (only black tutor I have is Diabolic Intent since I was able to trade up for one) Perhaps Ezuri, Renegade Leader since I have Belbe and other dorks (10 Elves Total) or Kamahl, Fist of Krosa as overrun effects that I can sink infinite into? Or maybe something like Tergrid, God of Fright Flip to use the back side for an infinite Torment of Hailfire effect?
There were also one or two cards I wanted to ask you about, just to see if you thought they were decent enough to run in the list.
Bolas's Citadel is something I'm trying to run in my current list. It's been fairly diffuclt to get out with 3 black pips, but with Dark Ritual (which may be cut soon I'm unsure) it's been a nice thing to have, especially when I've been testing Aetherflux Reservoir with it? Maybe add a Sensei's Divining Top (something out of my budget in general, but I do have someone willing to trade me one) for a storm win? I feel like that could be a cool win con that makes use of colorless mana, and the pieces in general aren't bad outside the combo? I do think that with the high CMC of the deck, I will take a ton of damage of Citadel, but I think hitting a few pingers/dorks in a row and just gaining some life might be good actually? I'd love some feedback on that.
Decree of Pain has been working wonders for me. I know Culling Ritual was a godsend, and its a very amazing card in Belbe, but if my meta is very creature dependant I thought I needed more mass removal than just Ugin, the Spirit Dragon and Culling Ritual . Toxic Deluge is a bit out of my range right now, so I was trying this and even if it is mana intensive, I think it's a very good card depending on your meta since it can be Cycled for 5 to kill all 2 or less tougness things? The cycling saved me once or twice against a Najeela deck with counter magic known to the table to be up. On the other hand while it costs 8, I've mostly payed for it with Belbe mana and drawn upwards of 6 cards off it.
Chalice of the Void I was able to trade for this and have been enjoying putting it on 0 for the Underworld Breach lines the Malcolm list uses in particular, or to even shut off some 3 cmc commanders after getting Belbe mana. Would it be better to trade this for another stax piece or two such as Static Orb or tanglewire?
Sorry for the long post. I hope you have a good day!
2 months ago
Idk who this Willy is, but no you.
This deck is a really a mono black build that you happen to run blue for Diregraf Captain . The way I see it you can either keep with the build you're going for, which to me seems like mono black, or you can go a much different dimir amass path with cards like Vizier of the Scorpion , Gleaming Overseer , Lazotep Plating ,
Let's assume you do mono black, then let's start with creatures. Brain Gorgers and Stromgald Crusader are garbage, Tomebound Lich is mostly used in dedicated reanimator decks, and Extremely Slow Zombie is a card from a joke set, so take those all out, along with Diregraf Captain . That's 11 out. Add 2 Murderous Rider , 3 Liliana's Reaver , 2 Undead Augur , 3 Diregraf Ghoul .
For noncreature spells, take out Negate . The best mono black removal is probably Walk the Plank . So take out Go for the Throat and Ultimate Price for 3. Gravepurge and Return from Extinction can be replaced with 3 Call of the Death-Dweller . Take out Bontu's Monument for another copy of Liliana, Untouched By Death or vise-versa. Take out Necromancer's Stockpile , I just don't think it's that good. For a five drop $1-2 slot, Open the Graves is better than Call to the Grave .
3 months ago
You might like these: Marauding Blight-Priest , Cliffhaven Vampire , Epicure of Blood , Shabraz, the Skyshark , Drogskol Reaver , Psychosis Crawler , Suture Priest , Polluted Bonds , Painful Quandary , Soul Warden , Soul's Attendant , Carnival of Souls , Curse of Fool's Wisdom , Bontu's Monument , Thran Turbine , Nyx-Fleece Ram
6 months ago
Lhurgyof - I would personally keep those cards away from Syr Konrad and use them in deck with
K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth
Vilis, Broker of Blood
, etc... also from the new set:
(I know this is few months old comment, so you probably know about it already).
nieds - I see you already got a lot of really good cards, I'll just type some of them that I cut out since they're kinda meh in this kind of deck below. Anyway, you can check my Syr Konrad's deck here: For the Void. Im still switching few cards, explaining why I chose every card in the deck description, etc. I decided to go with mix of reanimator+aristocrats with several infinite combos. So I would welcome any feedback aswell and you might get some inspiration right there! :)
Some cards I would cut and why:
- is good in voltron / attack based decks, but here it looks like a random card that can gives you some life back (which black/other artifacts can do just better than lifelink artifact), but for 6 mana its meh. You could replace it with
, which is three times mana cheaper and provides you with another utility ability. Or simply
as another pseudo mana rock that also gives you a bit of life.
2) Sensei's Divining Top - I know SDT is amazing on its own, but I wouldnt personally bother with it, unless you would go for the Aetherflux Reservoir + Bolas's Citadel + Sensei's Divining Top combo. I would switch it for either Viscera Seer (as another free sac outlet), or my choice for my deck was Shadows of the Past (with any infinite creature generator+sac and Bolas's Citadel, you can just "tutor" and cast whatever you want from top of your deck - think I explained it in my deck's description already or I add it sometime later).
3) Painful Quandary - Again, good card, just doesnt fit that well in my opinion. Goes well with Mindcrank and Archfiend of Despair but thats probably about it. I would rather put it in some discard focused deck. Instead of this, card like Morality Shift would be really cool for sure. Or cards like Forever Young / Gravepurge / Death Denied to proc Syr Konrad's ability and recast them with Bolas's Citadel + another card draw sources. Or you could also stick to enchantments liie Mortuary / Haunted Crossroads (parts of my infinite combos).
4) From planeswalkers I would personally keep only Liliana of the Dark Realms (to help with land drops and deck thining) and Tevesh Szat, Doom of Fools (creates more tokens than Lilianas, decent card-draw and punish opponents for letting you -10 him). Other Lilianas are not bad for sure, just either slow or not that fascinating as they seems to be. Karns are just out of place.
Cards I would put in for sure:
- even on its own, it triggers Syr Konrad's ability twice and only for everytime! As you might already know, I use it with
to make infinite etb/die/sac triggers.
2) Bog Witch - discarding (creature) cards to trigger Syr Konrad's ability; is basically Dark Ritual on a stick which you could use to Reanimate / Animate Dead / Victimize right after. Also is 1/1, so another target for your Skullclamp .
3) Doom Whisperer - big good stuff with ability to filter your deck and put creatures directly from your library into the graveyard.
4) Haunted Crossroads - even on its own, its great way to get your creatures back (on top of library for Bolas's Citadel), next to Phyrexian Reclamation .
5) Emergence Zone - simply to give your spells Flash when you would need them, really nice utility land (similar is Winding Canyons but only for creatures, so eh).
6) Malakir Rebirth Flip - cheap way to "protect" your creature, triggering Syr Konrad's ability or another land if needed.
7) Tainted Strike - absolute game winning beast card with Syr Konrad and either any creature/sac generator, boardwipe with 10+ creatures on board, or discard/mill cards.
8) Diabolic Intent - you got plenty of token generators, so this is just mana-cheap tutor.
9) Feed the Swarm - more ways to deal with enchantments and creatures.
I hope some of this will help and you like some of those cards! :)
6 months ago
16 lands is reeeeeallly low, even with the ramp in this deck. I would push it up to at least 18/20. Hazoret's Monument/Bontu's Monument can help with permanent cost reduction along with card filtering or some direct damage to close out the game. Shared Animosity could also go a long way here with the number of creatures you're attacking since they all share a type. Hope this helps.