Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
Ornithopter of Paradise
Artifact Creature — Thopter
: Gain one mana of any colour.
multimedia on Urza
1 day ago
Hey, well done work in progress for your first Commander deck on a budget. Good card sense upgrading the precon.
For the manabase consider upgrades of the Pain lands?
The Pain lands have been reprinted in the last two Standard sets, making them the least expensive right now. Now is the best time to get them since they will only increase in price as time goes on. Tyrite Sanctum is a nice budget utility land especially with The Flesh is Weak.
I'm playing Urza on a low budget and these are some cards, most less than $2, that I've found to be helpful.
- Ornithopter of Paradise: artifact creature for ramp.
- The Flesh is Weak: make Urza and all other creatures you control at the time an artifact. -1/-1 can wreck opponent's nonThopter token strategies who can be blockers against Constructs. Tyrite Sanctum makes it so you don't have to control nonartifact legendary creatures including Urza when you play Weak since it can put a +1/+1 counter on any legendary creature you control turns after to make it an artifact.
- Liquimetal Torque: mana rock for ramp or make Urza or any other nonland permanent an artifact. Pair with Master Transmuter to bounce any nonland permanent.
- Soundwave, Sonic Spy Flip: new Transformers card that's good in multiplayer Commander, no mana cost to cast your choice of opponent's instant or sorcery. Constructs make it consistent to trigger with a high mana value and Soundwave, Superior Captain can be a repeatable source of artifacts.
- Sculpting Steel: good in multiplayer Commander because it can be any artifact on the battlefield and it can change with Master Transmuter bounce.
- Armix, Filigree Thrasher: because of menace it can be repeatable opponent creature removal, Losheel, Clockwork Scholar helps a lot too.
Being able to make Urza an artifact can make Urza a threat with menace to do Commander damage especially with Cranial Plating. Urza surviving nonartifact creature board wipes can give you a huge advantage. Making other nonartifact creatures an artifact is good too especially Padeem, Consul of Innovation for much more protection.
Some cards to consider cutting:
- Orzhov Basilica, Dimir Aqueduct, Azorius Chancery, Skycloud Expanse
- Filigree Attendant, Darksteel Juggernaut, Etched Champion
- Gingerbrute, Burnished Hart
- Chief of the Foundry
Filigree Attendant, Darksteel Juggernaut, Etched Champion are just beaters, they don't do anything else. You don't really need them since you'll have plenty of better beaters, Constructs, who don't cost mana. Burnished Hart is slow for ramp. Chief of the Foundry is subpar for an anthem effect, it's a lesser Master of Etherium.
Good luck with your deck.
6 days ago
Artifact mana dorks like Ornithopter of Paradise, Iron Myr, Gold Myr, Hedron Crawler, Manakin, Alloy Myr, Palladium Myr, Bronze Walrus, Foreboding Statue Flip, Scuttlemutt, and Opaline Unicorn would be good here because they get Jor out faster, enable metalcraft, and benefit from Jor's ability.
Personally I would cut these and replace then with mana dorks: Thought Vessel, Wayfarer's Bauble, Mox Opal, Gilded Lotus, Arcane Signet, Boros Signet, Darksteel Ingot, Amber Prison
1 week ago
Hey, you're welcome.
If you wanted to a couple of lesser lands here could be upgraded within the budget?
- Glimmervoid --> Skycloud Expanse
- Shipwreck Marsh --> River of Tears
- Path of Ancestry --> Evolving Wilds
Other options are to replace them for some less expensive utility lands?
- Phyrexia's Core --> Skycloud Expanse
- Tyrite Sanctum --> River of Tears
- Castle Vantress --> Evolving Wilds
The Talismans in the sideboard could replace some of the Signets?
- Talisman of Dominance --> Dimir Signet
- Talisman of Progress --> Azorius Signet
- Talisman of Hierarchy --> Orzhov Signet
You're light here with low mana cost ramp and have a pretty high mana curve. More ramp could help gameplay. These are better ramp options specifically with Urza as Commander than the other Signets/mana rocks. The 2 drop artifact creature mana dorks can be helpful to cast Urza quicker since they count towards his artifact creature affinity and can make colored mana.
- Ornithopter of Paradise, Silver Myr, Leaden Myr, Gold Myr
- Etherium Sculptor, Foundry Inspector
- Sol Ring, Arcane Signet, Liquimetal Torque
- Talisman of Dominance, Talisman of Progress, Talisman of Hierarchy
- Sculpting Steel
- Urza, Lord High Artificer, Forsaken Monument
- Tezzeret, Master of the Bridge
This is a ramp package to consider? It's 16 sources, most important 14 sources of low mana cost ramp with Urza, Monument and Tezz at high end. Thought Vessel is a good card, but it turns off discarding hand down to 7 cards which can fuel artifact reanimation. Solemn Simulacrum is another good card, but I think it's too much mana here since there's better 4 drops for power and/or help more Urza and Constructs. Sculpting Steel is excellent in multiplayer Commander and it can count towards ramp because it can become an artifact ramp source.
3 weeks ago
keizerbuns Talisman of Conviction and Ornithopter of Paradise look great; I'll give them a few trial runs, and I think they're going to make it in. Stoneforge Mystic probably won't. This deck has never used that many Equipments, and it doesn't really contribute anything else.
As always, thanks for the help!
3 weeks ago
Ya unfortunately this latest didn’t seem to add much in the way of cheating out artifacts other than Mishra, Tamer of Mak Fawa, but the artifact creatures it added seem pretty solid.
If you want some early game reliability and speed you could try out Mind Stone and/or Talisman of Conviction in place of Pentad Prism since they don't run out of uses. And I know you're running a couple of Ornithopters as a cheap way to combo off with Trash for Treasure but I think you might actually be better off using Ornithopter of Paradise in its place. I also like what you’re doing with Unmarked Grave and if you want to go with a more equipment artifact route then you could always add in a couple Stoneforge Mystic, but then you’d probably just be running into the same problem you’ve stated with your deck just feeling like a slightly weaker version of a different archetype.
Hopefully this helps!
1 month ago
So, right now, Commander included, you've got 126 cards. Seeing as you're only 26 over the cap, this shouldn't be too bad.
On the other side of the coin, Brokers Hideout, Obscura Storefront, Evolving Wilds, Terramorphic Expanse, Myriad Landscape, Esper Panorama, and Bant Panorama are all cheaper fetch lands that you could use.
Drawing mana late game can be a dead draw a lot of the time, so being able to remove that excess from your deck can be a really nice tool to have, so you can draw just what you want. Maybe take out cards that are fast, but not necessary such as, Skycloud Expanse, Sea of Clouds, Mishra's Factory, and Crawling Barrens.
Potential Land List Show
1x Ancient Den
1x Buried Ruin
1x Mech Hangar
1x Power Depot
1x Flood Plain
Changing it to this (or a list of just 35 mana), should bring us down to 122 cards.
For the rest, I’d say Ondu Inversion Flip, Access Denied, Tezzeret the Seeker, Tezzeret, Artifice Master, Phyrexian Metamorph, Cultivator's Caravan, Invoke Justice, and An Offer You Can't Refuse, all mostly because they’re too expensive.
That leaves you with 109
Okay, so, this decklist is surprisingly tight for being 30~ cards over and I don’t know where to kick the last 9 off. Maybe Artificer Class? Maybe some of the creatures/vehicles? Idunno, good luck.
2 months ago
3 months ago
- Profane Tutor
- Force of Vigor
- Terminal Agony
- Ignoble Hierarch
- Tourach, Dread Cantor
- Sword of Sinew and Steel
- Dauthi Voidwalker
- Ornithopter of Paradise
- Nested Shambler
Formatting won't allow me to show the retro frame, but all of these do various bits to your end, and have a retro-framed alternative printing. And minus Force of Vigor, most of these are relatively cheap. I hope it helps!