Dryad of the Ilysian Grove
Enchantment Creature — Nymph
You may play an additional land on each of your turns.
Lands you control have are every basic land types in addition to their other types.
Combos Browse all
- Courser of Kruphix + Dryad of the Ilysian Grove
- Dryad of the Ilysian Grove + Emeria, The Sky Ruin
- Dryad of the Ilysian Grove + Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle
- Cabal Stronghold + Dryad of the Ilysian Grove
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Dryad of the Ilysian Grove Discussion
3 hours ago
1 week ago
I’m not sure Dryad of the Ilysian Grove does enough for you here to warrant being in the deck. Normally when decks run him, its with the intention of comboing him off with Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle … i’m not sure he’s as useful outside of that shell.
1 month ago
Hey there! Here are some suggestions you might like:
- Animist's Awakening (allows for a ton of landfall triggers)
- Boundless Realms (tons of landfall triggers again
- Courser of Kruphix (lifegain, more triggers, hitting landdrops)
- Sacred Foundry : Consitency, powerful, and good with fetches mentioned later
- Elfhame Sanctuary (hit landrops more often, more guaranteed landfall triggers if you prefer lands that turn, so you don't have to just hope you draw a land)
- Mountain Valley / Grasslands (more fetches in your colors, gives you double landfall triggers since the fetch and land you fetch for both cause one, can search for shocks like Temple Garden , good with lotus cobra)
- Flood Plain / Rocky Tar Pit (fetch lands that provide 2 landfall triggers, and while not both are in colors you can search for shocks and thus get any color you want from them, as for example if you had flood plain, you could use that to search for Temple Garden or Sacred Foundry , good with lotus cobra)
- Emergent Sequence (ramp, landfall triggers, synergizes with cards that allow multiple landrops per turn)
- Reshape the Earth (insane amount of landfall triggers, can be a win-con)
- Explore : ramp, more landfall triggers
- Ramunap Excavator / Crucible of Worlds / Wrenn and Six (last two may be high budget but all allow you to play fetch land from your graveyard continuously giving guaranteed 2 landfall triggers per turn with just 1 fetch)
- Nature's Lore (can search for shocks, comes in untapped, landfall trigger)
- Bear Umbra (untap, replay, Obunn protection + buff)
- Bloom Tender (adds 3 mana with Obunn out)
- Burgeoning / Exploration (more lands so more landfall triggers, up to 4 lands our turn 2)
- Dryad of the Ilysian Grove (play more lands, add any colors)
- Land Tax (guaranteed lands in hand to play, costs little mana)
- Mirari's Wake (buffs, great if you can make your lands creatures, doubles mana)
- Scapeshift (insane amount of landrops)
Hope this helps! Good luck on your deck and have a wonderful day! Feel free to check out some of my decks.
1 month ago
I think the biggest thing to consider with a Lord Windgrace deck is that he, primarily noting from my own experience, is best as a midrange deck. Taking the first few turns to just ramp and get supports in place so that you can use him to start filtering your deck to find a wincon. To keep it under budget? A lot of changes you can do, start by replacing the fetches with cheaper alternatives, things like Evolving Wilds and Jund Panorama so you get landfall triggers. You'll probably have a lot more basic lands, so things like Cultivate , Kodama's Reach , and Boundless Realms can all help. A general wincon could be Scapeshift , Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle and Dryad of the Ilysian Grove / Prismatic Omen . You generate a ton of mana usually, so pairing something like Zendikar Resurgent with a life drain effect such as Exsanguinate / Torment of Hailfire could also work. If you want to keep yourself safe early on, bump up the number of removal/board wipes to 10-12, they will generally be a bit cheaper in terms of $$ and you can use them in between ramping. I'll link my own Lord Windgrace deck below. It was build over a few years and is pretty expensive, but I usually have good sucess with it, and hopefully you can pull out some ideas.
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 1 | 65 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
Good luck, I hope this helps.
2 months ago
Hello , i see that you are missing a lot of protection for Muldrotha and have a lot of ramp spell that will not be useful in your graveyard later on. Here some suggestions for you if you want to explore other avenue.
Protection: Command Beacon - It will ensure you can always cast muldrotha for cheap. Bojuka Bog - very important to interact with your opponent graveyards, if not needed cycle it and use it later if needed.
Lightning Greaves For me its a no brainer especially how much muldrotha cost to cast we need to help him..or her staying on the board.
Spore Frog is just amazing if you are in a playgroup that go to combat a lot your just dont care sac spore frog everytime and recast it on your next turn for a huge shield... if you playgroup dont use combat a lot leave it out.
Elephant Grass Is also very good to keep you safe while you are building up your board. Dont want to pay the cumulative upkeep, sac it and replay it again :)
Glen Elendra Archmage is also going to disturbed your opponent plans when its on the board and I pair her with Mikaeus, the Unhallowed so she always come back without me having to recast her, and Mikaeus is just awesome in this deck.
Im Testing and trying Lilting Refrain for counter spell which seemed a good deterrent like Glen Elendra and it can be reutilized.
Ramp You are using a lot of sorceries for this category, I was doing the same before and felt that these card had no value on the long run.
I now use a different approach on ramp. I use milling and I play cards like Ramunap Excavator , Dryad of the Ilysian Grove , Springbloom Druid (should replace cultivate), my favorite is World Shaper (instead of your splendid reclamation) and sac it for massive boost, same for The Mending of Dominaria it just feed your grave and have a massive outcome + they can be replayed later by your cmdr.
I would play 1 or 2 drop mana dorks over ramping sorceries for sure. The only sorcery I really suggest is Life from the Loam so good to feed your graveyard or get your land back if needed.
Self mill: Jace, Memory Adept will do better than Beleren , pair this with Syr Konrad, the Grim and other mill option ... let me know in your reply if you would like this avenue a have a few good cards that can help.
Ohter: Fleshbag Marauder is a good effect, but you can have more versatile and mana efficient creatures which are also cheap: Demon's Disciple and Plaguecrafter both are an auto include when repeated over and over they are very nasty.
Hostage Taker is very very fun .
I can go on an on on card that will benefit your deck , what I would say check to replace your instant and sorceries with permanents that will benefit you during the entire game.
Let me know what you think and what you will change I can then help you tweaking a few more things.
3 months ago
2x Azusa, Lost but Seeking 3x Cultivate 4x Dryad of the Ilysian Grove 2x Evolving Wilds 4x Fabled Passage 4x Frantic Inventory 4x Lotus Cobra 4x Maddening Cacophony 2x Teferi's Ageless Insight 4x Jace's Erasure 4x Teferi's Tutelage 4x Test of Talents
3 months ago
An important thing to note about Food Chain mana that is overlooked; it is only useable on creature casting. Nothing else. So unless you have ways to abuse creature casting, avoid Food Chain combos.
Also, in regards to the Lotus Cobra and Retreat to Coralhelm; If you also look at Ruin Ghost , you can use it to blink out a land (preferably one with a white source that enters untapped). This way, you always have the white mana to keep using Ruin Ghost. Retreat to Coralhelm will always untap Ruin Ghost when the land re-enters the field. And Lotus Cobra nets you extra mana as well. Not to mention that adding Ruin Ghost will also work in tandem with your other Landfall triggers :)
Additionally, if you have that Dryad of the Ilysian Grove on board, you can also blink out your commander to get a card draw, but more importantly, reset its Landfall ability to ping everyone for damage.
Two cards that could help streamline your deck a bit are Neoform and Traverse the Ulvenwald . Neoform will put something vital straight into play at the cost of sacking a creature as well. Traverse is one that I think is underplayed. I dont see it in many decks with green. It will search for a basic, unless you have Delerium. Which instead, allows you to pull any land or even a creature and put it in your hand. Both are very cheap :)
3 months ago
Hey KevinLandonChanning, again I appreciate the words of praise! I'm grateful that you designed and built your own deck - taking inspiration from my own, that's awesome. Terror of the Peaks is a cool Dragon, and aesthetically I see what you mean but unfortunately due to it lacking the Dinosaur creature sub-type means that it won't have much synergy overall in the deck and will only be of any real relevance when Polyraptor hits the field. I'd prefer the inclusion of cards that can manage to both play into common strategies as well as stand out on their own within the deck.
Never considered Dryad of the Ilysian Grove , as it does suffer from being super easy to remove. I think i'll stick with my mana rocks to try and fix my mana pool. Honestly, i'm just hoping for Wizards to print more Dinosaurs - specifically dinos that are low CMC (1 or 2) that can also function as mana dorks in some unique fashion that incorporates a cool Enrage trigger that nets mana. For now I haven't seen anything printed to give me pause, but i'm always paying attention to spoilers. Sword of the Animist is pretty interesting. Never considered it before, but i'll give it some thought. Thanks again for posting, I wish you all the success and luck with your Zacama deck!