Dryad of the Ilysian Grove
Enchantment Creature — Nymph
You may play an additional land on each of your turns.
Lands you control have are every basic land types in addition to their other types.
Combos Browse all
- Courser of Kruphix + Dryad of the Ilysian Grove
- Dryad of the Ilysian Grove + Emeria, The Sky Ruin
- Dryad of the Ilysian Grove + Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle
- Cabal Stronghold + Dryad of the Ilysian Grove
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Dryad of the Ilysian Grove occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Dryad of the Ilysian Grove Discussion
3 days ago
Nissa of Shadowed Boughs is a really good planeswalker in land strategies. Exploration or Burgeoning are also good includes. If you want to focus on lands and goodstuff, Yarok, the Desecrated and Ancient Greenwarden double your landfall triggers. Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle interacts nicely with Prismatic Omen and/or Dryad of the Ilysian Grove . Mana Reflection or Nyxbloom Ancient could give you a lot of mana to use on Golos, Tireless Pilgrim or maybe Helix Pinnacle .
6 days ago
+1! The deck looks fun to pilot and I'm tempted to build a deck around Esika myself!
I'd recommend Reki, the History of Kamigawa as he is a powerful card draw engine given the no. of legendary spells you run in this deck.
Being a 5C deck, I'd suggest adding a bit more ramp and color fixing to the deck to avoid color screw. Some basic green ramp spells are great - Three Visits , Farseek , Skyshroud Claim , Nature's Lore .
Hope you find these suggestions useful. Enjoy!
1 week ago
I think Defiant Strike is just as good as Opt but instead of scrying it gives +1 P. Very useful when I want to buff up my white weaklings as well as draw a card. Silence is the ultimate fog card, and only costs 1 mana. Remember that I have a manabase problem with needing cards that have only one of non-generic mana, and the rest has to be generic mana. When I reach 4 cards that tap for 3 mana if I only draw filter lands, then I will be in good tempo. Imprisoned in the Moon is incredibly useful for answering creature and planeswalker threats, as well as making their lands useless for them. If I want to keep them from doing anything, Imprisoned in the Moon is a good card, and it only costs 3 CMC. Ahh I had thought that Solemnity would affect Planeswalkers. I guess I'll put it in the sideboard?
All of those cards you mentioned are difficult for me to use because I have to have either a Mana Confluence , Survivors' Encampment or Aether Hub , and Survivors' Encampment depends on my creatures on the battlefield. Painted Bluffs and Shimmering Grotto require me to use that land and another land to generate rainbow mana, so that means that I would always be one turn behind with these cards. Aether Hub is only useful once in the game, unless I run some energy counter accumulating cards. And Cascading Cataracts is only useful on turn 6 if I don't have ramp like 4x Arboreal Grazer , 2x Dryad of the Ilysian Grove . And, if I do get Chromatic Lantern , I will be able to cast all colored things, but that depends on if the opponent has artifact removal.
Do you know of any good Stax effect cards I can use? Teferi, Hero of Dominaria is pretty useful, especially his draw ability. I personally put 1x Teyo, the Shieldmage , 3x The Wanderer for their Stax effects and their cheap mana cost. The Wanderer is incredibly useful for going against high CMC cards, and Teyo, the Shieldmage is good for not only his making the player hexproof, but generating cards that I can tap for mana with Survivors' Encampment .
I think I'll remove Demolish .
2 weeks ago
Hope these suggestions help.
2 weeks ago
I really like the idea of The Prismatic Bridge as a buildaround, but I don't think this would be where it goes. My 50 cents:
- If The Prismatic Bridge is your buildaround, you probably want the full playset to make sure you find it consistently. I know you play a ton of "search" spells, but those are usually way too slow and clunky.
- Only being able to cast Bridge off of Dryad of the Ilysian Grove makes for a very inconsistent wincon, especially since you're only running 3 copies. I'd at least add The World Tree to the mana pool, if this is the way you want to go.
- Once you get the Bridge down, the creatures that it can hit will already be outclassed, as getting 1x free 3- or 4-drop a turn after turns 4-5 rarely does the job.
- There are some subpar cards, that you probably shouldn't include in a Standard deck, unless you're running on a budget or playing casual Magic - Garruk, Savage Herald and all the other walkers from PW-decks are purposely nerfed compared to the powerlevel of the main sets and Outmuscle is too expensive for what it does. Much better options are Blizzard Brawl and Primal Might .
- Don't run more than 60 cards in your deck, unless you're playing Yorion, Sky Nomad as your companion. It will make your deck more inconsistent and is not worth the (only slightly) better match-up vs. Rogues.
Honestly, I imagine that Bridge goes in a ramp deck that can make a 5-color mana base work, and has a lot of big boom-booms like Ugin, the Spirit Dragon , Koma, Cosmos Serpent etc. If you want to stay mono-green though, I'd suggest you slant more towards a traditional green aggro deck, but with a bit higher top end like Vivien, Monsters' Advocate and Vorinclex, Monstrous Raider and then play 4x Dryad of the Ilysian Grove and 4x The World Tree to be able to cast The Prismatic Bridge consistently.
Hope that helps mate. Good luck with the deck!
3 weeks ago
Hmmm, I do think that the amount of colorless creatures (that are eldrazi compared) compared to "colored" eldrazi is not enough. Notice that Morophon, the Boundless , reduces the cost by WUBRG and any colorless eldrazi will not cost less. But the deck functions, and works AMAZING WITH Jodah, Archmage Eternal , and Fist of Suns . I would recommend some more tutors to get out combo pieces along with some nice card draw. The deck is rounded out but... it could do with some tweeks. Conduit of Ruin may be a colorless eldrazi but can make things cost less that are colored, Ugin, the Ineffable , Forerunner of Slaughter , and Flayer Drone , both do wonders... Forsaken Monument even buffs your "colored" eldrazi because of the devoid mechanic. Ulamog's Nullifier and Brood Butcher both can do wonders, Dryad of the Ilysian Grove and Dust Stalker , are great... Eladamri's Call , Vampiric Tutor , and Enlightened Tutor all work great, Bring to Light is also great as well.