Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
Bojuka Bog enters the battlefield tapped.
When Bojuka Bog enters the battlefield, exile all cards from target player's graveyard.
: Add .
1 week ago
Rancid Earth > Grasp of Darkness
Bojuka Bog seems useful.
Faerie Macabre synergy with Big Papa
1 week ago
Vigor may be a good choice for your sideboard! It fits the tribal Elemental theme while simultaneously helping you against mill strategies if you ever encounter them. It also pairs well with your Animar, Soul of Elements. Similarly, Bojuka Bog and/or Ground Seal could be nice sideboard options in preparation for decks that use their graveyards often. Your Endurance already fulfills both of those niche options, though, but it never hurts to have more preparations!
1 week ago
Personally, I think you could take this down to a pure Selesnya deck. As I see it, the red creatures do not reliably combo or add enough value on their own. I would substitute in cards like Weathered Wayfarer and Knight of the Reliquary to give you an additional way of interacting with opponents. Imagine searching up lands like Bojuka Bog at will. Or heck at the end of an opponents turn grabbing a Treetop Village and swinging for an extra 4 the next turn.). These changes could help your manabase be less painful as well. You could also have room in your sideboard for creatures like Scavenging Ooze or Chameleon Colossus if your up for it. I have a couple more ideas for later if you want to explore them, but this is where I would start myself. Also don't get too attached to the 3 mana or less rule for cosmic rebirth. It can be a trap.
1 month ago
Just a short list of other suggestions or swaps
1 month ago
1 month ago
Thank you for your comment and suggestions mtgplayer903, I've got an explanation for a few of my choices here:
- Birds of Paradise over Ornithopter of Paradise is purely a preference of mine. I adore BoP and it finds its way into all multi-colour decks that I make. OoP is a great choice too and budget friendly, but I went with the birds this time round.
- Eternal Witness is just a much better card than Skullwinder if I don't have to give my opponent the recursion but can get it myself with E-Wit then it's a no brainer for me personally.
- Riftsweeper is in the deck to retrieve Maze's End for me. I have had people blow up Maze's End a few times on me and then Bojuka Bog my graveyard, so I needed a way to make sure I could get it back from exile. Admittedly, Rift does need some support from tutors to make it properly effective at this.
- Nature's Claim vs Assassin's Trophy is a great suggestion. I'm not sure I have an A'sT to hand, but I will check and update that.
- Vindicate is in over Beast Within because I already run Generous Gift and I find that I don't really like giving my opponents a 3/3 beater to come back at me with. The sorc speed hasn't really bothered me yet, but maybe BW will come back eventually after more playtesting.
- Explore is dirt cheap and Exploration is a little pricey. I know it just got a reprint and I am hoping to get one soon, once I do it will be back in the list. I do use Exploration on MTGO though.
- Tolaria West is a great tutor for Maze's End, Maze of Ith and Reliquary Tower depending on what I need from it. I find that a card like Ash Barrens is nice, but I don't think it's quite right for my list as it stands.
- Gatecreeper Vine is out of the list now and Open the Gates is just a neat lil gate tutor so it'll stay in as the Gates theme is key to what I like about this deck.
2 months ago
Since your deck is a fast one, consider running lands that don't enter the battlefield tapped:
- Bloodfell Caves -> Sulfurous Springs
- Wind-Scarred Crag -> Battlefield Forge
- Scoured Barrens -> Caves of Koilos
- Evolving Wilds -> Smoldering Marsh
- Thriving Bluff -> Foreboding Ruins
- Thriving Heath -> Furycalm Snarl
- Thriving Moor -> Shineshadow Snarl
- Black Dragon Gate -> Dragonskull Summit
- Citadel Gate -> Clifftop Retreat
- Cliffgate -> Ash Barrens
You might also want to run some utility lands:
- Temple of Malice -> Bojuka Bog (good against graveyard decks)
- Temple of Triumph -> Axgard Armory (tutor on a land)
- Temple of Silence -> Sejiri Shelter Flip (protection spell that can be played as a land)
- Temple of the False God -> Rogue's Passage (free evasion)
- Mountain -> Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion (double strike on demand)
- Swamp -> Buried Ruin (recursion)
Also, since speed is the name of the game for Voltron decks, consider those swaps in your ramp package:
3 months ago
This looks like a really fun deck! I had been thinking about re-building my Muldrotha, the Gravetide deck as a reanimator/graveyard shenanigans, but this deck might have solidified which commander will be taking over that slot. I've been looking for a fun Jund deck to replace my Lord Windgrace deck that I disassembled, and this fits the bill nicely, though I might keep in some infinite combos haha.
Have you thought about Etali, Primal Conqueror Flip? He could be a fun target to reanimate and steal cards from your opponents, plus he has the flip side that can potentially one-shot an opponent with Infect, if you're into that mechanic haha.