Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Artifact Creature — Construct
As Adaptive Automaton enters the battlefield, choose a creature type.
Adaptive Automaton is the chosen type in addition to its other types.
Other creatures you control of the chosen type get +1/+1.
1 month ago
Plan once Baulders gate comes out to sub the commanders to Lulu with Master chef background, subbing out Adaptive Automaton due to yes, it being a lord, but not giving counters and just pumping isn't as relephant for this deck and also Durable Handicraft mainly cause I have to pay an additional 1 for the counters, yes potentially doubling them later on is nice, but having this same effect in the command zone seems way better to me.
1 month ago
Hi king-saproling! Thanks for the suggestions! I guess I'll give some thoughts in as orderly a way as I can.
1) Coat of Arms I love this card and play it in a couple of my decks. My thoughts are that, though a great tribal card, it caters more to pumping weenies. In this case Giada pumps our weenies just fine, and the card is a bit redundant. At 5 mana in mono-white its also a bit high for this deck, but it is a great card and I could see maybe someone having success with it.
2) Icon of Ancestry I really like this card on release, but didn't enjoy it too much in other decks in commander (it was a decent Brawl card when that was a thing). 3 mana is a lot to look for a card that you might never draw, and it can be unsatisfying to play it. The anthem could be good in other context, but this deck doesn't really need it.
3) Adaptive Automaton and other changelings. My general thought on these is that I'd rather just play real angels. While they changelings get counters, they don't fly, and flying makes them way more threatening. If there were a shortage of angels I'd consider putting them in, but I'd rather add Angelic Curator than Impostor of the Sixth Pride. That being said, Giada is weenie angels, and I could see a case for Universal Automaton and Metallic Mimic based on cmc value alone. I'm not sure I could fit them in here, but they are the better options of this group!
4) Slate of Ancestry is a really interesting draw option. Its a bit mana intensive to get going, but it could provide the burst draw this deck needs more of. I'll definitely consider it!
5) Urza's Incubator is a great card, there's no doubt about it. I wouldn't question it in anyone's list! As for me, three of my ramp cards discount creatures, and Giada can only ramp angels, so I need more ramp that can put lands in play or at least help me cast non-creature, non-white stuff. If I already had this in my binder and it wasn't $50 in real world money (I own all my decks in paper), I might consider it. But I think my ramp is working now. That being said, by all means play it because its great!
6) Cauldron of Souls This is good protection from sweepers, and the counters are effectively negated. Nice! I'll definitely consider it.
7) Adarkar Valkyrie This is a good effect, but Cauldron does it better, and Twilight Shepherd is probably a better option. That being said, its a halfway decent angel but I probably won't do it myself.
1 month ago
Thoughts on these? Metallic Mimic, Universal Automaton, Impostor of the Sixth Pride, Urza's Incubator, Slate of Ancestry, Cauldron of Souls, Adarkar Valkyrie, Adaptive Automaton, Icon of Ancestry, Coat of Arms
4 months ago
Looks like a neat deck. Here is a page with a list of tribal support cards: https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/all-tribal-support-cards/. Something like Adaptive Automaton might be nice. To help with the CMDR damage I would recommend Fireshrieker and anything that gives evasion.
4 months ago
Hey, good start, well done upgrading the precon on a budget. For your first deck you have good card sense already. Most of my card suggestions to consider are $1 or less each. Some overall advice is to consider lowing the mana curve which will reduce the avg. CMC of your deck which is currently high at 3.4. By lowing the mana curve then you can potentially play more Rogues quicker to have more of a board presence when you cast Anowon.
There's an infinite opponent mill combo with Mindcrank. Duskmantle Guildmage + Mindcrank + effect to make each opponent mill a card. For three mana this combo makes all your opponents mill the rest of their libraries and each opponent loses life equal to the amount of cards they had left in their libraries.
Consider a few more one drop Rogues who have evasion to help them to do combat damage to a player?
By adding more one drop Rogues then you have more chances to potentially control more Rogues before you cast Anowon. Spells that only cost one mana are great in Commander letting you more easily cast more than one spell a turn or cast a spell on your turn and leave up lands/mana for instant opponent interaction.
Some other one drops to consider:
Anowon with Rogues is all about attacking. Consider more effects to take advantage of attacking and doing combat damage to opponents?
- Krydle of Baldur's Gate: Rogue with combat damage to player trigger, also repeatable to make Anowon, itself or another creature you control unblockable, for two mana.
- Hoard Robber: Rogue who can create repeatable ramp with treasures.
- Reconnaissance Mission: draw a card for each creature who does combat damage to a player.
- Key to the City: repeatable unblockable by discarding a card and it can be repeatable draw once on your turn for two mana.
- Zephyr Boots
- Sigil of Sleep
Anowon lacks evasion and with base 2/4 stats it could be difficult for him to do combat damage to a player. By adding more cards that can repeatedly give him or other creatures you control evasion or unblockable then he can do more combat damage to opponents.
Some budget land upgrades replacing some basic lands to consider:
- Secluded Courtyard: new card from NEO set, it will most likely come down in price. Another tribal land that ETB untapped and bonus is you can use mana from it to activate an ability of a tribal creature.
- Choked Estuary: another Dimir dual land that can ETB untapped if you also have in your hand an Island or Swamp land to reveal.
- Path of Ancestry: ETB tapped Dimir land, but worth it for tribal since any Rogue you cast with it you scry 1.
- Access Tunnel: another land that can make a creature unblockable.
Some cuts to consider are first some lands to add more one drop Rogues? 38 lands is high, by cutting two lands for a couple of one drops won't effect consistency of drawing lands that much while the one drops can give you more.
Some other cards to consider cutting in order: Dimir Locket, Didn't Say Please, Fractured Sanity, Fated Return, Rise from the Grave, Murder, Ogre Slumlord, Master Thief, Lazav, Dimir Mastermind, Adaptive Automaton.
If you're interested in any of these suggestions then let me know which ones and I offer more advice. Good luck with your deck.
4 months ago
LeechBoy Automaton is fine if you want more 3 drop anthem style creatures.
I feel it's redundant because you have Myr Galvanizer doing the same thing plus has an additional active ability for the infinite combo to feed Lodestone's power. You are also running Steel Overseer which legit is better than Adaptive Automaton because you can tap for each turn to pump your artifact creatures and you can have multiple copies in the field pumping if your opponents do not have removal.
If you believe you opponent will have removal, Turn 2 Myrsmith to bait their removal spell so you can next turn play Overseer.
5 months ago
Hi ZenYoLife. Thanks for the appreciation of this deck and the suggestions, I really like them. Steel Overseer as already on my mind, don´t know why I forgot about it afterwards. Should be better than Adaptive Automaton.
Will make a little makeover and follow your suggestions, thanks a lot!
5 months ago
Hi, I love the deck and Myrs are my favorite tribe. Some suggestions you may want to consider since you are running white would be Tempered Steel and look into Steel Overseer vs Adaptive Automaton and Mirror Entity. I think the Overseer would help keeping casting cheap for Myrsmith to do it's thing plus you can pump all your Myrs. Myr Superion could also be removed as it needs a condition to come out where you can fill the space for him for another Myr Battlesphere and 1 more of other Myrs you have already in.