When Contagion Engine enters the battlefield, put a -1/-1 counter on each creature target player controls.
, : Proliferate, then proliferate again. (You choose any number of permanents and/or players with counters on them, then give each another counter of a kind already there. Then do it again.)
|Have (2)||metalmagic , Forkbeard|
|Want (5)||GabeBurch , shpadoinkle , Kotu , kirschwasser , Mr_Salary_Man|
Printings View all
|Scars of Mirrodin (SOM)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
- Clock of Omens + Contagion Engine + Thopter Assembly
- Contagion Engine + Everflowing Chalice
- Contagion Engine + Mycoloth
- Contagion Engine + Doubling Season
- Contagion Engine + Karn, the Great Creator + Ugin's Nexus
- Aeon Engine + Contagion Engine + Karn, the Great Creator
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Contagion Engine Discussion
2 weeks ago
Swapping Elbrus out for something else is also probably the right idea, but instead of Loxodon Warhammer, try Shadowspear. Either option works, though. I would try Banshee's Blade and Nim Deathmantle instead of Hero's Blade and Trailblazer's Boots
Tezzeret's Gambit seems like an easy include, but I personally wouldn't cut a signet to add it, but possibly something else might do. The various proliferate cards are all useful, so choose which you like most, but if you get your hands on a Contagion Engine, swap out Contagion Clasp for it.
Lastly, I think you can get away with cutting an infect creature if you feel you need something else more.
2 weeks ago
Thanks for taking the time to go through the list RNR_Gaming!
Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver seems pretty underwhelming and provides no real value when she’s killed before she can put something into play. Since Daveslab2022 confirms though: what am i missing? Or is it mostly just a fun card that can get something silly out 10% of the time?
PS: I just realized there’s a sick 4-way combo: Tezzeret the Seeker, Chandra, Torch of Defiance, The Chain Veil, Sol Ring (or other 2 mana artifact): this is infinite planeswalker activations for every other planeswalker on the board, and at the very least a chandra ultimate! Nice :D
1 month ago
Yo you asked me to comment, so I've got some suggestions:
- You seem to have nothing over 6 mana, so I don't feel like running every signet in your colors is entirely necessary.
- Contagion Engine and Contagion Clasp seem like great adds, it gives you proliferate and a pseudo board wipe.
- Primal Empathy seems great, but Colossal Majesty seems strictly better considering you have so many things that automatically put counters on themselves.
- Greater Good might be useful as a secondary draw engine outside of Pir
All in all this deck is hilarious I can't wait to see it.
2 months ago
2 months ago
Pollenbright Druid can give you another body to sacrifice to Mycoloth, while also giving a +1/+1 counter if needed or Proliferating your spore counters. Thallid is a 1 drop that generates and uses spore counters. Mirror Entity takes all your frail creatures and turns them as big as you can pay for. Overrun can be a nice finisher with all these tokens lying around
I would remove Contagion Engine for another Mycoloth. Raking Canopy is only good for Sideboard and doesn't need to be in Mainboard as it can well be a dead card on your hand. I would also switch out Tukatongue Thallid for another Utopia Mycon and Thallid Shell-Dweller
2 months ago
Alas I have returned with another suggestion. Contagion Engine. Destroy enemy creatures, then proliferate TWICE to destroy them even more, AND add more counters to your buddies.