Legendary Planeswalker — Yanggu
+1: Target creature gets +2/+2 until end of turn.
-1: If you don't control a creature named Mowu, create a legendary 3/3 green Hound creature token named Mowu.
-5: Until end of turn, target creature gains trample and gets +X/+X, where X is the number of lands you control.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Jiang Yanggu Discussion
2 months ago
Other Cards that you could consider cutting
- Ondu Giant => Seedguide Ash this card is one more mana expsive and has to die inorder to get the lands, but could be such a good upside. This dieing with your commander reads ramp 3 draw 3 cards and gain 3 life
- Soratami Mirror-Guard I get what you are doing here, but I feel like there are better payoffs for this
- Timbermaw Larva => Rampaging Brontodon trample is 1,000% better on this card
- Wakeroot Elemental 5 greens for a 5/5? way overcosted
- Wave-Wing Elemental again similar argument to Windrider Eel not that big of an impact
- Wild Wanderer good but could have better options
- Aetherflux Reservoir I know this is good in commander but why? No synergy at all, there has to be a better card slot here
- Elixir of Immortality I used to put this in all of my decks too, but it is counter productive to your stragay with cards like Splendid Reclamation and The Mending of Dominaria
- Wayfarer's Bauble There is better ramp than this in green
- I see why you have Jiang Yanggu but I feel like there is stronger cards than that. I cut the card to tutor Journey for the Elixir for him sorry :(
- There are a bunch of other better than Ranger's Path you could add, I'll show them in the recommendations
- Future Sight and Ominous Seas both seem strange here. I get future sight can draw cards, BUT I feel you should use mana sinks rather than off the top of your library draw
- Ghostly Flicker is on thin ice, like yes you have all the etb creatures but sometimes it is a dead card. meh at best?
Other Cards that you could consider adding
This is where the fun begins and your wallet cries
- You want Nissa, Who Shakes the World great card, it is a mana doubler ramp, and also you just win with the ultimate
- I heard you like ramp try Tireless Provisioner and pick up one for me while you are at it please
- Here is a gaint list of green ramp Harrow , Growth Spiral , Explore , Khalni Heart Expedition , Roiling Regrowth , Grow from the Ashes , Urban Evolution , Migration Path , Natural Connection , Nissa's Renewal , Nylea's Intervention , Spring / Mind , Animist's Awakening , Omen of the Hunt
- Keeping your life total at a high level Kazandu Nectarpot , Grazing Gladehart , Retreat to Kazandu , Jaddi Offshoot
- Mana Sinks, you are going to have a lot of mana, might as well do something with it Kamahl's Druidic Vow ummm.... yes? Kefnet the Mindful one of my favorite Gods, that doesn't have a place. I look forward to getting attacked by him Sprout Swarm it is really easy for this card to be "free"
That is all I can think of at the moment. I'm sure I'll have more la
8 months ago
That's definitely how every planar portal works post mending. IIRC, Jiang Yanggu transports Mowu by turning him into stone, because otherwise the blind eternities would kill him. So i think that's just how the blind eternities work now, killing any nonplaneswalker that travels.
Still, I'm not gonna rule out the actual planar bridge. I'm not entirely sure what happened to tezzeret in war of the spark, but I feel he's probably going to stay relevant.
1 year ago
I want to make that Partner Walker
Yanggu of Arashin
Legendary Planeswalker - Yanggu
+1: Search your library for a Forest card, reveal it. If it's a basic land, put it into play, if not, put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.
-1: If you control a creature named Mowu, put two +1/+1 counters on that creature. If you don’t, create Mowu, a legendary 2/2 green Dog creature token.
-6: You get an emblem with "Each creature you control with a +1/+1 counter on it has ": Add one mana of any color."" and "At the beginning of each upkeep, Bolster 2 and untap each creature you control with a +1/+1 counter."
Partners with Teyo of Lookout Roost
Teyo of Lookout Roost
Legendary Planeswalker - Teyo
+2: Search your library for a basic land card, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle your library.
-2: Create a 0/3 white Wall creature token with defender and Outlast.
-8: You get an emblem with "Each creature assigns combat damage equal to its toughness rather than its power."
Partners with Yanggu of Arashin
Create a common wall with a triggered ability.
1 year ago
Creature - Elephant Cleric
~ gets +1/+1 for each creature exiled with it.
At the beginning of your post combat main phase, exile all creatures that dealt combat damage to you or a planeswalker you control this turn until ~ leaves the battlefield.
Whenever ~ attacks, tap target creature with power less than ~'s power defending player controls.
1 year ago
Very interesting take on a voltron deck! It's probably meant to be as janky as it is, but I'm gonna drop this list on you for your consideration anyway. Some of these are not budget friendly, but I'm just throwing it out there.
Hope it's useful. Cheers!
1 year ago
Janah, Kaya's Pet
Legendary Creature - Cat
Lifelink, Vigilance, Deathtouch
Whenever another permanent is exiled, exile Janah, Kaya's Pet.
Whenever a permanent enters the battlefield from exile, if Janah, Kaya's Pet is in exile, return it to the battlefield under your control.
At the beginning of your end step you may exile Janah, Kaya's Pet. If you do, return it to the battlefield under it's owner's control at the beginning of your next upkeep. It gains haste.
Personally, I like how Mowu planeswalks with Jiang Yanggu, and in the (awful, should be removed from canon) War of the Spark novel, Kaya mentions that she can planeswalk with her cat.
I'd like to see a fulfillment of an earlier challenge from Mj3913:
How about another non red glass canon. (High offense with weak defense/downside).
1 year ago
1 year ago
This may not work well as it doesn't contribute itself to Kraj, but Biomancer's Familiar would help lower the activation costs of a lot of your creatures, notably Gilder Bairn, Pili-Pala, and Arcanis the Omnipotent.