At the beginning of your upkeep, flip a coin. If you lose the flip, this deals 3 damage to you.
: Gain .
|Have (2)||, gildan_bladeborn|
|Want (2)||zudna , Morpho-peleides|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Mana Crypt Discussion
1 week ago
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
You can easily get to about 10 pieces of ramp in Rakdos. Talisman of Indulgence, Rakdos Signet, Sol Ring, Fellwar Stone, Arcane Signet, Mind Stone, Thought Vessel, Sword of the Animist, and Herald's Horn (if you've got enough minotaurs). Dockside Extortionist and Mana Crypt too if you already got 'em or are able to proxy. Generator Servant is nice also if you really want to ramp into something once and give it haste (or 2 hastey creatures if you spend on each.).
If you actually build this... consider Pain Magnification in your list. It's kinda a curse all opponents type effect as you or your opponents can make each other discard (but not you).
3 weeks ago
Played a bunch today and here is results of changes.
- -1 Apex Devastator to sideboard, moved to sideboard to swap out with blightsteel/eldrazi for newer players
- -1 Temur Sabertooth, removed due to the amount of cardraw available. I feel I would rather draw than bounce.
- +1 Blightsteel Colossus to maindeck, Blightsteel is a counter to my local playgroup. We've got a lifegain deck and one deck running Pariah and Pariah's Shield. Along with Akroma's Memorial and Finale of Devastation this is my nuclear option.
- +1 Bala Ged Sanctuary Flip, land and recurrence is very valuable.
- +1 Mirrorpool, ehh fine seems ok to drop a copy of a big creature that does something,, what's the worst that can happen? :)
- -1 Mana Crypt to maybeboard, don't have one is the only reason. If I can get one,, maybe?
- +1 Jeweled Lotus, replacement for mana crypt... Now let me tell you,, jeweled -> azusa --> lotus cobra --> two fetches --> Tooth and nail.. That was a quick game!
- +1 Maze of Ith, This is at tech, really aggressive in my area! There are some cases it's death to not have an air blocker!
- +1 Petrified Field, Testing it at this time, not sure how to abuse it yet
- +1 Momentous Fall, Does not feel as bad as I initially thought. Use this defensively often times.
- +1 Cryptic Caves, niche card testing it out. Turns your crucibles into three draw for 3 mana + land drops.. 3 mana draw 3 cards... seems decent
- +1 Thespian's Stage, what does it do? answer: yes
- -1 Beast Whisperer, I have enough creatures, but the costs are too high
- +1 Zendikar Resurgent, replacement for beast whisperer, has the potential to double mana while going off
- -1 Guardian Project, same problem as beast whisperer
- +1 Return of the Wildspeaker, another large draw effect to combo off of to replace guardian
- +1 Inkmoth Nexus, bad habits die hard, keeping one in deck for "that guy" at the table.
- -1 Field of the Dead -> maybeboard, only reason I'm taking it out is I don't own it. Dropping it into maybe board
- Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger is here to stay. When you go off with a large draw dropping him is amazing. He will give you enough mana to combo off and finish on the stop at times. He's also a good target for Natural Order.
- After drawing 10 cards and drawing into Rude Awakening,, it has a new place in my heart, seems to be a keeper
- Once I hit 25 basics, I think I can just win the game. The amount of basics should stick between 24-26 and 45 lands in total to facilitate the engines. If we're slightly under half I think we're good.
- Kodama of the East Tree was potentially good enough to combo off a large draw with vorin, need to test this more!
Thinking of Cutting:
- Beacon of Creation --> , requires more testing due to new landbase
Why the sideboard was added:
- Core creatures for swapping on the sideboard are Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger, Kozilek, Butcher of Truth, Kozilek, the Great Distortion, Blightsteel Colossus, and Craterhoof Behemoth.
- Each of these creatures fills a different role. voice of hunger is a creature to combo off with on a large draw or to slow down my opponents. Butcher of truth fills your hand then wins by sacing against a single opponent or threating multiple attack if they don't sac a specific permanent (politics yeeehhh). Blightsteel teaches people that lifegain decks don't work against green edh.... craterhoof teaches people that lifegain deck's don't work against green in edh (AZUSA SMASH!!)... please stop playing lifegain decks in edh... Great Distortion draws and controls the game if your ahead.
If I'm playing against my friends then these are great. If we're trying to include someone I will swap them out for cards in the sideboard and leave in a couple.
3 weeks ago
My general strategy is to have more spells than the table has removal. I don't worry about one or two people holding up a counterspell or a path to exile. Similarly, I tend to not worry about their plays either.
I get my stuff out faster than the rest of the table, then overwhelm with a force they can't hope to stop.
This tends to make all of my decks very heavily reliant on combat damage and combat tricks, but there are ways to mix that up. In my aforementioned Lathliss deck, I have a bit of cruel control such as with Mudslide and Citadel of Pain, as well as Blood Moon and some others.
Then I passively create damage via Chandra, Awakened Inferno, Impact Tremors, Dragon Tempest, Warstorm Surge, Scourge of Valkas, Terror of the Peaks, Purphoros, God of the Forge and more. Also Sarkhan the Masterless
I can cheat via Sunbird's Invocation, Lukka, Coppercoat Outcast and Purphoros, Bronze-Blooded - who also serves as a haste enabler on top of like the six other haste enablers in the deck. Oh and Spinerock Knoll.
...it's like a $1,000 deck... For a $4 Commander, lol
3 weeks ago
I might keep Scapeshift for now and cut later if needed. Being a mathy guy I understand deck thinning is a fallacy unless it is mass. Even if I was to net 7 cards by grabbing gaea's, fetch, fetch, fetch it is only increases what I want to get by a few percent until later. Drawing is much more power in terms of probability. If I need to I will cut scapeshift. Mind you it does add up, 2% better 3 draws later is 6%.
Yeh that makes since for Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger over the other one. The removal is valuable in green compared to just a single destruction. If I go the eldrazi route him and Kozilek, Butcher of Truth are really good.
Will think about wincons over night, kind want to have an array of options that way I get to one eventually. Different ways to play is not bad, cute swarm, tooth and nail, land drop creatures, crater, fatties,,,, vorinclex into Helix Pinnacle and become the target of the table lol
Saying that, I need GAASsSs, draw, cards. 15 slots left currently not including big fatties. Probably should focus on getting more cards into hand. Researching green card draw, added a bunch to the maybe board. Need to think about this.
3 weeks ago
RNR_Gaming, that's how I play. I reign in on whom is the objective threat until someone else becomes it. For example, if I have 30 damage on board, sure I can swing out maybe 12 and leave 18 up for protecting myself. Or I can swing approximately 10 at each opponent. Maybe the math doesn't quite work out that well so I do 7, 7 and 12 and the 12 is at someone who has the highest life total.
That's "fair" magic. But if I am aiming to secure a win, and someone is at 29 life, it makes more sense to swing all 30 at them and force their position.
That's how my Lathliss, Dragon Queen deck wins. I slam face with non-combat damage to a single opponent, then swing in with an army of fliers. Drop their life total from 40 to 16 in one turn.
Next turn, KO with burn and swing full force at #2. Repeat for #3 the following turn and win.
3 weeks ago
i'm not sure as to what your budget is but if you're still looking for suggestions.
you can use Mana Crypt Sol Ring for generic ramp. Arcane Signet Fellwar Stone for color fixing. Commander's Sphere Mind Stone to draw when they're useless. Orb of Dragonkind helps you dig through your deck in a pinch. And finally Urza's Incubator reduces their cost.