Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
At the beginning of your upkeep, flip a coin. If you lose the flip, this deals 3 damage to you.
: Gain .
1 day ago
As someone who has played Chainer for close to a decade, I have some suggestions I would like to offer. (though everyone's decks run differently!)
In those spots:
(Or all the expensive artifacts like Grim Monolith or what have you)
In place of:
1x Cast Down--> Lethal Scheme: This card is amazing in any reanimator list
1x Culling the Weak--> Phyrexian Altar: you need more sac outlets with some staying power
1x Dismember--> Soul Transfer: seems janky, but versatile
1x Doom Blade--> Baleful Mastery: you can hit more with it.
1x Go for the Throat--> Infernal Grasp
1x Sacrifice--> Ashnod's Altar: need more sac outlets with staying power
1x Terror--> Meteor Golem: This guy helps so much with things Black cannot remove
1x Victim of Night--> Karn Liberated: This guy helps so much with things Black cannot remove
Suggested Drops, see next list for suggested replacements
Blood Pet--> sort of an eh card, I might think of something with more oomph
Skirge Familiar: I get the reason it is in here, but there are better cards.
Black Market: It's nice, but can be too slow.
Liliana of the Dark Realms: I just have never been a big fan, she feels too lackluster.
Final Parting: good card, but I feel you can part with some tutor because you have MORE than enough
Sidisi, Undead Vizier: good card, but I feel you can part with some tutor because you have MORE than enough
Rune-Scarred Demon: good card, but I feel you can part with some tutor because you have MORE than enough, there also some stronger creatures to fit in the spot.
Archon of Cruelty: expensive mana wise but an all star.
Kokusho, the Evening Star: has been in my deck from the beginning and has flat out won me games.
Brainstealer Dragon: seems janky, but I added to just try it and it has been amazing.
Black Market Connections: You need more draw (also helps with ramp)
Phyrexian Arena: You need more draw
Bolas's Citadel: an amazing card. Wins games all the time.
Disciple of Bolas: card draw and life gain
Fell Stinger: card draw
Xiahou Dun, the One-Eyed: Great for recursion
Reanimate, Liliana, Death's Majesty, Living Death. and Animate Dead: it is good to have other means of reanimation if Chainer keeps getting removed (I also suggest sac outlets to help keep your creatures from getting exiled when they spot remove Chainer)
Hope this helps! Here is my list to maybe show you how I run the list: The True Meaning of Death and Taxes
4 days ago
420MensRightsActivist I'd say that Jeweled Lotus and Mana Crypt strongly disagree with your assessment of the situation. If you Jeweled Lotus out Marwyn, the Nurturer into land + Quirion Ranger on turn 1, you can Invigorate into Ashaya, Soul of the Wild and go infinite mana on turn 2. What's the Rofellos, Llanowar Emissary line that's faster?
The speed of high-power EDH is largely decided by fast mana rocks nowadays, and Rofellos is incredibly poorly equipped to take advantage of those. Which is why I mentioned it in this topic.
4 days ago
Oh this is a lot to process, ha. Here's some thoughts around the suggestions.
Alright so about the hefty casting cost problem of dragons in general. Yeah. Now that I've had a chance to play the deck a bit, I'm running into the same problems I had with Atarka. With so much ramp + treasure support (treasures are particularly rampant in my playgroup), Commander in general is so fast these days and this deck had a very difficult time keeping up. I really like the brew I have here, but I need to consistently ramp to have any hope of getting this battlecruiser off the ground. I need to start thinking about fast mana (Ancient Tomb, Mana Crypt etc) because I'm finding that some games don't go beyond 5 turns these days. Dark times for a Timmy like me.
1 week ago
Well, Sol Ring is really the only exception and has a place in every single deck (included in every precon) xD. Things like Mana Crypt is what I am really talking about. The problem with Ancient Brass Dragon is that you don't really want to cheat it in early game, however, it can be great during mid to late game to help you revive your dead BigStuff or dead threats of your opponents. Gyruda, Doom of Depths helps me to build up graveyards and is great if you can cheat in Ink-Eyes, Servant of Oni or Wrexial, the Risen Deep later on to use the milled cards of your opponents. I was unsure about Ancient Silver Dragon, it is acutally an insane effect but cards like Magus of the Wheel could be fearful if you draw 10+ cards every turn or you might even end up with 0 cards in your deck at some point xD. I was really not a fan of its effect but it is still a pretty good option to run in Satoru Umezawa. Thanks for the suggestions, appreciate it!
1 week ago
Hello swarm intelligence :)
I have looked into Oskar, Rubbish Reclaimer, absolutely love him, but want to check how his timing works exactly as i am still confused.
I suppose that if several cards go into my graveyard at the same time (e.g. in my discard at the end of my turn), i can play a Mana Crypt or Dark Ritual to pay for other spells discarded at the same time that resolve later. Is that correct?
Do i have to choose the order the order and number of cards i want to cast the moment they hit the graveyard, or can i wait for 1 or 2 of these cards to resolve and then decide what to cast next (if all cards are dicarded and played with oskar).
Is there any possibility to counter my own spell (cast a 0-drop and immeadiately counter it with An Offer You Can't Refuse, or would i have to cast that counter from my hand to get the right timing?
Thank you in advance for your help!
2 weeks ago
I really need a single Mana Crypt that isn't $100+.
3 weeks ago
Doing playtests now. Other than things such as Mana Crypt and Rhystic Study, what would be an ideal opening hand? Obviously the more colors the better. But are there set pieces you'd like to try and begin the game with? Because I've taken 7 cards a few times in a row now and I am struggling to see what stands out, merely aside from ramp and Study.
4 weeks ago
- Sol Ring
- Goblin Engineer (It does not really synergize with the combo, it was in to find Zuran Orb but I kind of have enough ways to find it and not enough artifacts to sacrifice.)
- Roil Elemental (It was a cute card but I had to cut one more card for some more consistency and with the amount of tutors I play generally I will always rather have Tatyova or Gitrog Monster which are both tutorable by Bring to Light.)
- Pact of Negation (Pact of Negation is kind of an expensive card and I think I like Pyroblast more, it's mainly to combat counterspells on the second sunrise anyway and Pyroblast has some added utility to it which I think makes it better.)
- Mana Vault
- Overgrown Tomb (Decided I want to run just 3 shock lands, this one might get back into the deck but I opted for others first.)
- Mox Diamond
- Mana Crypt
- Krark-Clan Ironworks (Decided to get rid of the KCI saccing mana rocks before second sunrise plan, it was too convoluted and I want to go for a more land centric deck.)
- Valakut Exploration (This was also one of my other win conditions, and I liked Roil Elemental first above this but decided to cut both.)
- Izzet Chronarch (Got replaced by Timeless Witness.)
- Krosan Wayfarer (Has some early game utility while still being excellend in the Combo.)
- Cosmic Intervention (I somehow overlooked this card but I am really excited to add this as an early game play for value.)
- Uro, Titan of Nature's Wrath (Uro is already an insane card, it sacrifices itself which is great, it's basically a recurrable Explore with the added bonus of sometimes being a powerful body, I think it will work excellend in the deck.)
- Explore (Both replace my mana rocks for some early mana ramp.)
- Breeding Pool
- Temple Garden
- Hallowed Fountain
- Timeless Witness
- Unbridled Growth (Fixes mana and sacrifices for a card, the other candidate was chromatic star which would also be good but I think Unbridled will have more value as you don't need to sacrifice it to gain it's fixing effect.)
I decided to cut my mana rocks that don't provide a color except for when they have a way to sacrifice themself which also made me cut my KCI from the deck.