Enchantment — Aura
Whenever enchanted creature deals damage to an opponent, you may draw a card.
Combos Browse all
- Curiosity + Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind
- Curiosity + Hellrider
- Curiosity + Psychosis Crawler
- Curiosity + Laboratory Maniac + Psychosis Crawler
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
4 weeks ago
1 month ago
Hey, well done with a low budget at upgrading a precon.
If you want to add a combo then consider Glint-Horn Buccaneer ? For less than $2 he combos with Malcolm since he's a Pirate. When you discard a card Buccaneer does 1 damage to each opponent and since he does damage to each opponent then Malcolm creates the same number of treasures as opponents you have. You need at least two opponents and 40+ cards in your library for this combo to be a consistent win condition.
You only need Buccaneer and Malcolm for this combo since to activate the combo all you do is activate Buccaneer for two mana while in combat. When you discard a card this triggers Malcolm to create treasures. Sac two treasures to make two mana to activate Buccaneer again and repeat.
Lightning-Rig Crew is also a Pirate damage source and playing him you don't need to enchant or equip a Pirate so it can activate to do damage. Crew does damage to each opponent thus each time it activates you create treasures. Crew combos with Freed from the Real + Malcolm and you already have Freed. If you enchant Crew with Curiosity or Ophidian Eye then each time you activate it you draw a number of cards equal to the number of opponents you have which can be great repeatable draw.
Drift of Phantasms is a nice budget card for it's transmute since it can search for any 3 CMC card which includes Buccaneer, Crew, Eye or Freed.
Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
Hey dude i like your style! im a izzet fan so anything that goes there i like!...if you are running the Nivs i recommend you to use Curiosity , also Propaganda i think its a must in this kind of decks maybe Silent Arbiter aswell... Mizzix's Mastery is a really cool finisher, Mind's Desire Eye of the Storm really fun cards to play in izzet.... Baral, Chief of Compliance Curious Homunculus Flip Birgi, God of Storytelling Flip Storm-Kiln Artist usefull bears....cheers mate!
2 months ago
Weekly MTG Show
Grief: I'm guessing this is going to be an entire cycle, otherwise they're kinda wasting that fancy Incarnation typing. Force of Evoke?
Profane Tutor: Suspend-based Long-Term Plans , kinda
Thrasta, Tempest's Roar: kinda surprised this doesn't have flash but OK.
Yusri, Fortune's Flame: Obvious Zndrsplt, Eye of Wisdom & Okaun, Eye of Chaos synergy. Lifelink-Equipment can offset the 2-10 damage (no Curiosity tho; it's only vs opponents). The chance of getting Omniscience is a bit more than 3%, I can only hope there'll be a Krark's Thumb -style card in the set.
(also, obligatory Richard Kane Ferguson appearance)
2 months ago
@Doombeard1984: Thank you for suggestions. The Problem with the Manabase is truly a triffling one, I try to add more and more better lands in the Future, but as you said it's a bit of a budget problem for me currently, since I have some other decks I try to improve first. As soon as I read Liliana Vess I wondered why I didn't include her, even though I still have a copy of hery lying around. So I will include her in my next update, coming somewhat next week. Ashiok, Dream Render and Narset, Parter of Veils were options for me as well, but I excluded them simply for style reasons and therefore I won't include them in the near future. The Combo with Curiosity and Niv was also something I had in mind and I'm still pondering if I should included it or not, but currently I'm not fully convinced. Cryptic Gateway might be a good addition to this deck but before I start looking for other cards to cheat my dragons into Play, I will focus on improving the Manabase. Last but not least the Card-Draw problem is also on my agenda, I will include Stinging Study and Phyrexian Arena in my next update, but Rhystic Study and Mystic Remora are currently a bit out of reach for my budget (The Arena is from another deck were I replace her with another copy of Stinging Study , thus it doesn't cost me anything)
2 months ago
Ok, so firstly, 10/10 for flavour on the deck. Definitely a +1.
So there is some things that I think would be useful however for you:
- Obviously, no tap lands would be ideal, but I understand budget and stuff can be problematic. You could look at things like the Modal Dual Faced land cards from Kaldhiem and Zendikar Rising ( Clearwater Pathway Flip etc. If you are able to stretch to Shocklands Watery Grave , Blood Crypt and Steam Vents ) then these are certainly worth the investment.
- There are some really good other Planeswalkers you could include. Liliana Vess would give you some tutoring ability to find pieces you want. Ashiok, Dream Render shuts down your opponents ability to search, and you can exile opponents graveyards if needed. Also, if you are wanting that "Planeswalker vibe", The Chain Veil is both awesome and super flavourful in the story of Bolas, Lilly and there deal they struck. Also, Narset, Parter of Veils will stop your opponents getting card advantage on you.
- Seeing as you have Niv in here in his many forms, Curiosity is an easy combo here that can result in killing your opponent. Only thing is you need to wary of the number of cards in your deck.
- To help you cheat some of those hefty costed dragons into play, you could consider Cryptic Gateway . Your Dragons can pay for more dragons.
- Honestly, some card draw could be useful too. Phyrexian Arena and Greed are some could card generators to help keep you with a stacked grip. You could also use things like Rhystic Study and Mystic Remora if your budget allows.
Good luck with the deck. Will be cool to see how it evolves.