Creature — Elf Shaman
When Elvish Visionary enters the battlefield, draw a card.
|Want (5)||joman127 , Etinifni , mshabaz , baron_voldaren , CyberRamos|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Nissa vs. Ob Nixilis (DDR)||Common|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Common|
|Magic Origins (ORI)||Common|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Common|
|Magic 2013 (M13)||Common|
|Duels of the Planeswalkers (DPA)||Common|
|2010 Core Set (M10)||Common|
|Shards of Alara (ALA)||Common|
|Promo Set (000)||Common|
|Promo set for Gatherer (PSG)||Common|
Combos Browse all
- Cloudstone Curio + Elvish Visionary + Wirewood Symbiote
- Elvish Visionary + Jace, Wielder of Mysteries
- Deadeye Navigator + Elvish Visionary
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Elvish Visionary occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.1%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.04%
Elvish Visionary Discussion
4 weeks ago
You just get 2 cards.
A triggered ability always starts with one of the words "when", "whenever" or "at". Phantasmal Image's copy effect isn't a triggered ability. Rather, it's a replacement effect that modifies how Phantasmal Image enters the battlefield. It enters as a copy of Elvish Visionary, the "draw a card" ability triggers, and Yarok, the Desecrated copies that trigger.
4 weeks ago
Is the following correct? Phantasmal entering the battlefield causes it's triggered ability to go on the stack. The static ability of Yarok doubles this trigger. Now the first trigger resolves, turing my Image into a Visionary which then causes the trigger and draws me two cards (because of Yarok). Then the second Image trigger resolves and if I target the visionary again the same thing happens all over? Meaning I draw 4 cards in total?
4 weeks ago
Cards I would remove:
AEtherling Does not combo with much and is not a huge impact for the cost
Deputy of Detention you are not able to pull off anything crazy like Oblivion Ring Oblivion Ring has two seperate abilities. The first ability is an enters the battlefield ability and the second ability is a leaves the battlefield ability. Because of the way to stack works, one can target a permanent with the first ability (EtB trigger) but then force the second ability (LtB trigger) to occur (through sacrificing, bouncing, blinking, or exiling Oblivion Ring) before this first ability resolves. This means that the clause where the target will be returned by Oblivion Ring will occur, but at this point Oblivion Ring has not exiled anything. Then the EtB ability resolves, exiling a permanent under an Oblivion Ring that no longer exists
Fierce Empath I would rather have straight card draw or ramp as this guy only finds 6+ costs
Gigantoplasm I would limit the clones in the deck to only Clever Impersonator as most of the time it is going to be a Win-More card but would not actually swing the game into your favour if drawn alone
Mirror Image See above
Phyrexian Metamorph See above
Nezahal, Primal Tide He is a big bomb but doesnt fit the theme of the deck, most of the time I would rather a token maker or card draw.
Wall of Omens I would limit the amount of walls as they can not attack
Wall of Blossoms See above
Cards I would add:
Tutors: lets you find any missing piece as most of your best stuff is creature based
Cultivate Ramp and thin your deck
Kodama's Reach Ramp and thin your deck
Wood Elves can abuse with blink
Farhaven Elf can abuse with blink
Recursion: a couple more options to return things from your graveyard
Elvish Visionary Card draw that can attack
Mulldrifter Card draw, plus you can evoke and save him with a blink effect.
Hornet Queen Generate a lot of flying deathtouch tokens
Prime Speaker Zegana Card draw
Sunblast Angel A reusable semi board wipe
Seedborn Muse Allows you to play out your hand and untap on their turns for counters or blink effects
Slithermuse Can lock down the game and force your opponents to draw the same mana rock for the rest of the game
1 month ago
Hey, good version of Yarok.
Yarok + Shrieking Drake + Cloud of Faeries + fours lands (two of them have to make blue mana) equals infinite mana and infinite casts of Drake and Cloud. Yarok gives Drake two bounce triggers which are used to bounce Drake and Cloud. Yarok also gives Cloud two triggers which lets you untap four lands. You want four lands because it costs three mana to cast Drake and Cloud netting you one mana each iteration of the combo which equals infinite mana. Tap four lands make four mana, cast Cloud untap two lands, second Cloud trigger untaps another two lands, cast Drake bounce Cloud, second Drake trigger bounce Drake, repeat.
With infinite casts of Drake and Cloud then Aetherflux Reservoir is a win condition with this combo. When you achieve this combo just announce you have 20,000 mana and then with infinite mana you can stop bouncing Cloud with Drake and instead bounce another creature such as Coiling Oracle or Risen Reef. These creatures let you put all nonland cards from your library into your hand and all the lands from your library onto the battlefield which could equal 60+ landfall triggers. Easier with Oracle or Reef just trigger them until you find Aetherflux Reservoir and Heroic Intervention/Negate for protection to win.
Elvish Visionary, Fblthp, the Lost, etc. any creature who draws when it ETB, could replace Oracle or Reef to draw into your library until you find Reservoir and Intervention/Negate. Peregrine Drake can replace Cloud of Faeries in the combo since Peregrine gets two triggers from Yarok. Peregrine is also an infinite mana combo with Deadeye Navigator who's already in your deck.
Eternal Witness is great with Yarok. Recurring any two cards is very good.
Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
Profet93 I'll give you my thoughts in order, if you don't mind?
Harmonize - a long-time inclusion in the deck, I recently took it out in favour of Voice of Many, which is 99% of cases is the exact same card but with a relevant body attached. Rarely does a deck play out more creatures than I do in such short order, meaning it's still for three cards but also pumps Marwyn, Priest, Archdruid and all the other cards that care about number of elves/creatures in play.
Copperhorn Scout - another that was in the deck from its inception, but was recently removed. I found the effect's timing was too inconsistent with what I wanted to be doing; when so many wins come through Ezuri or Craterhoof, being required to wait until post-combat to storm off leaves the deck waiting for another turn cycle to actually win.
Quirion Ranger - this is a good one and should certainly be in here. I'm not sure how I missed it!
Vines of Vastwood - good shout, need to pick up a copy.
Berserk - another good shout, I'll put it on a wishlist.
Natural Order/Eldritch Evolution - I'm wary of tutors that require me to sacrifice creatures, as a general rule. So much of the deck relies on the sheer weight of numbers that I'd prefer not to sac any Elves if I don't have to. Plus the many mass-draw effects often mean that tutors aren't required too often.
Elvish Visionary - was in, but I think it got cut for another mana-producing Elf.
Lifecrafter's Bestiary - when you need it, it's a bit too mana intensive. Once you've got the spare mana, it's not as necessary. Something of a win-more card IMHO.
1 month ago
Thoughts on the following.....
- Harmonize - Simple draw
- Copperhorn Scout - Surprised this isn't in here
- Quirion Ranger - Redundancy is nice
- Fauna Shaman - Additional tutor or not needed due to all the draw?
- Vines of Vastwood - Hexproof and buff, all useful
- Berserk - Extra mana or pump for the win
- Natural Order/Eldritch Evolution - Tutor
- Elvish Visionary - Cantrip elf
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary - Scry and draw, always nice
Of course the issue is what to cut if you like these. But I would love to hear your input. From my understanding, this is a kind of storm deck (correct me if I'm wrong) so bestiary and some others might not be the best fit as you are trying to go off at once instead of accruing some incremental advantage.
1 month ago
Okay buddy here we go!
I think we need to fix a lot of things here. Ramp is an easy fix, we'll get some more instant/sorceries that get lands because they are safest. Then we'll work on getting more counters on Hallar in more efficient ways. We'll also swap out some of your kicker spells for other kicker spells that do better things.
Cards to look at:
- Snake Umbra It's protection and draw
- Ordeal of Nylea Counters and ramp
- Wolfbriar Elemental an "eh" kicker but lots of tokens if you get the mana
- Vigor awesome against Neheb and Torbran
- Verduran Emissary kicker and removal
- Thicket Elemental kicker and free creature, but it costs a lot so maybe not
- Pir, Imaginative Rascal another hardened scales
- Mold Shambler kicker and removal (better than Thicket Elemental)
- Citanul Woodreaders kicker and draw (better than Thicket Elemental)
- Rishkar's Expertise draw and free spell
- Greater Good is good for drawing cards in the event a board wipe or removal happens. Yeah you have to discard 3 but who cares when you're hopefully drawing 8+ by sacking Hallar
- Return of the Wildspeaker another draw or a buff
- Hunter's Insight Since Hallar has trample you'll definitely get cards, but this can be 3 mana draw 8+ if he's unblocked
- Canopy Surge cheap kicker that also hits players so you can bring them down lower
- Chandra's Ignition boardwipe/damage players
- Breath of Darigaaz cheap kicker that also jits players
- Quest for Pure Flame cheap damage doubler to help you close a game. One Hallar activation puts 3 counters on it.
- Hour of Devastation solid boardwipe that hopefully won't kill Hallar
- Tectonic Reformation For cycling lands
- Solidarity of Heroes cheap kicker that doubles counters
- Heroic Intervention protection
- Savage Offensive cheap kicker that's a combat trick sorta
- Blade of the Bloodchief might be good with Elenda and Teysa sacking all those creatures.
- Primal Vigor double counters
- Llanowar Reborn easy +1 at the cost of it coming in tapped, great in opening hand
- Jiang Yanggu, Wildcrafter mana and +1s
- Rishkar, Peema Renegade mana and +1s
- Forgotten Ancient more counters
- Farseek 2 mana ramp
- Sakura-Tribe Elder 2 mana ramp
- Rampant Growth 2 mana ramp
- Nature's Lore 2 mana ramp
- Kodama's Reach 3 mana ramp and guaranteed land drop
- Cultivate 3 mana ramp and guaranteed land drop
- Explore 2 mana ramp and draw
Cards to maybe cut
- Azusa, Lost but Seeking only good early game or if you're drawing a ton of cards, replace with any 2 mana ramp card
- Elvish Visionary replace with Explore
- Grand Warlord Radha Looking to go lower on creatures, replace with 2 mana ramp spell
- Grunn, the Lonely King replace with cheaper kicker or at least a kicker that draws cards or is removal
- Loyal Guardian replace with better +1 counter option
- Rummaging Goblin Replace with better draw
- Savage Ventmaw 2 mana ramp spell
- Servant of the Scale replace with better +1 counter
- Skizzik replace with cheaper kicker or at least a kicker that draws cards or is removal
- Untamed Kavu replace with cheaper kicker or at least a kicker that draws cards or is removal
- Fog You know I don't like these but I know you like them. I'd replace with Heroic Intervention
- Magmatic Insight replace with Tectonic reformation
- Expedite replace with draw spell
- Darksteel Ingot 2 mana ramp
- Gruul Locket 2 mana ramp
- Gruul Cluestone 2 mana ramp
- Repercussion is way, waaaaaaaaaaaay to risky now with Neheb AND torbran. replace with anything really
- Forced Adaptation Replace with better +1 or doubler
- Radha, Heir to Keld replace with 2 mana ramp spell
So with all that I hope you're mana will be more consistant and your draw will be more powerful, then you'll be able to dump more counters on Hallar and snipe some wins. If not, your kicker spells will have more impact because they'll draw or remove or ramp. Focus on the 2cmc ramp cards, then swap out the kicker spells, then get those draw cards in there.
Here's a Deck you can also look at
multimedia on Yeva
1 month ago
Hey, nice budget version of Yeva.
Your deck doesn't have an official Commander because you haven't tagged Yeva in the decklist. In the deck editor add the text CMDR after Yeva:
1x Yeva, Nature's Herald *CMDR*
This will show Yeva as the Commander of your deck and display the Yeva card image.
Temur Sabertooth is very good with Yeva because you can bounce creatures and play them again at instant speed. Sabertooth is great with creatures who have an ETB ability such as Fierce Empath and Eternal Witness . Being able to cast creatures at instant speed with Yeva and bounce creatures with Sabertooth at instant speed can enable some combos such as Eternal Witness + Beast Within to destroy your opponents permanents. Woodfall Primus can replace Witness + Within to destory opponents noncreature pernaments. Great Oak Guardian + Ulvenwald Tracker can destroy your opponents creatures. Use this combo after you have destroyed your opponents permanents with Within given your opponents a 3/3 Beast for each permanent you destroyed or with Primus.
Consider adding all the one drop mana Elves? These Elves help to play Yeva faster or they can help afterwards with creatures who can make lots of green mana. The Elves who can tap for a lot of green mana can be the mana enablers for combos with Yeva or just use all the green mana to play lots of creatures at instant speed. Marwyn, the Nurturer is especially good with Guardian because each time Guardian ETB it can give Marwyn +2 more power and untap her. Marwyn + Guardian + Sabertooth can be infinite green mana.
Yeva + Guardian + Sabertooth + Marwyn is the mana engine because Guardian can untap all your creatures which includes Elves who can tap for mana and Sabertooth can bounce Guardian so you can keep casting it. With infinite green mana you can sink this mana into infinite activations of Duskwatch Recruiter Flip to find all the creatures of these combos and put them into your hand. Yeva + Elvish Visionary + Sabertooth is another draw engine. Yeva + Genesis Hydra + Sabertooth puts all your nonland permanents onto the battlefield. (Witness + Within) or Primus + Sabertooth + Guardian + Tracker can be a win condition combo.
Cards to consider adding:
- Temur Sabertooth
- Great Oak Guardian
- Marwyn, the Nurturer
- Duskwatch Recruiter Flip
- Beast Within
- Llanowar Elves
- Arbor Elf
- Elvish Mystic
- Fyndhorn Elves
- Priest of Titania
- Elvish Archdruid
- Sol Ring : staple mana rock in Commander.
- Wild Growth : good green ramp and with Arbor Elf .
- Overgrowth : good green ramp and with Arbor Elf .
Cards to consider cutting:
- 3x Forest
- Rampant Growth
- Harvest Season
- Kodama's Reach
- Ranger's Path
- Tempt with Discovery
- Howl of the Night Pack
- Primeval Bounty
- Farhaven Elf
- Yavimaya Elder
- Apex Altisaur
- Rampaging Baloths
In mono green and with Yeva mana Elves are better than land ramp spells. Lore, Wood Elves and Skyshroud are fine land ramp spells because these put the Forest you get onto the battlefield untapped, but the other spells don't making them much slower than mana Elves.
Good luck with you deck.