Sword of the Animist
Legendary Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature gets +1/+1.
Whenever equipped creature attacks, you may search your library for a basic land card, put it onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library.
Equip (: Attach to target creature you control. Equip only as a sorcery. This card enters the battlefield unattached and stays on the battlefield if the creature this card is attached to leaves the battlefield.)
|Have (4)||, JuneBlue58 , jecder , sachiel2nd|
|Want (12)||Honeypot , dchaffee02 , Secretagentmjl , GrandeKhan , Auriel , Venom1523 , mitchman502 , OneRedHex , jacob.bernier95 , Link_Master7 , qazwsxrfv25291 , lampjas|
Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
- Sword of the Animist and Retreat to Emeria interaction
- Sword of the Animist and Gideon Ally of Zendikar
- What is the order of Slab Hammer and Sword of the Animist?
- undergrowth champion given trample?
- Which happens first in a case of a creature having multiple instances of "Whenever this creature attacks, X happens."
Latest Decks as Commander
Sword of the Animist Discussion
1 day ago
I am building a deck with Florian, Voldaren Scion that is taking a more voltron approach to win. I would like to achieve this using equipment. I already have the piece for group slug to get damage through so I can dig. I have Basilisk Collar Commander's Plate Hammer of Nazahn Loxodon Warhammer O-Naginata Reaper's Talisman Ring of Xathrid Swiftfoot Boots Sword of Fire and Ice Sword of War and Peace Sword of the Animist in the deck. Any suggestion that can complement what already going on with the deck would be nice.
6 days ago
6 days ago
1 week ago
I'd also add a qualification here to the "spread the love around" discussion. I think this is bad when you are doing a lot of damage, as others have said. Hitting someone for ten will generally make them your enemy, even if you switch focus to another player the following turn. Hitting the, for one to three damage when you have a reason other than said damage ("I just need a land from Sword of the Animist because I'm in Mardu") is something players aren't too salty about in my experience, especially if you're not hitting the same one or just hitting them because they're open and you can get said resource. Most people including myself, in my experience, don't mind a point or two when we see a reason other than pissing someone off ("they need ramp or draw"). When you hit someone for ten though, they'll eventually come for you, so its better to hit them for forty and kill them.
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
Still got some slots open? So I would recommend: The Ozolith, Sword of the Animist, Dragon Throne of Tarkir, Inventors' Fair, Kor Haven I would also suggest to lower the average CMC Myojin of Blooming Dawn is overpriced imho ...
3 weeks ago
So I am really digging this deck but, I see you have the same issue that most mono white decks have which is card draw. A few cards that you might want to consider to help on the draw front are, Sigarda's Splendor, Cosmos Elixir, Rogue's Gloves and,Mask of Memory. I have personally found the last two equipments work really well in my angel deck as your creatures already have evasion.
From the creature front here are a few creatures I would condsider adding:
- Speaker of the Heavens Not an angel but a really strong one drop in a deck like this.
- Serra Avenger is a super strong two drop angel and would help to lower your overall curve.
- Angel of Finality is really good graveyard hate against graveyard decks.
- Angel of Jubilation is not only an anthem for this deck but will shutdown any aristocrats strategy.
- Herald of War can be a good option to help lower your mana cost in this deck if you can find ways to reliably give it +1/+1 counters.
- Radiant, Archangel don't sleep on this card because she get +1/+1 for each other creature with flying on the battlefield. Radiant can quickly become a 10/10 or bigger with little effort from you. The vigilance is icing on the cake.
- Angelic Skirmisher is better than she looks because you get to choose which ability you give your creatures each combat.
- Angel of Vitality would be a really strong angel in your deck. Not only will she be a 3 mana 4/4 angel most games but she also will make every source in your deck that gains you life gain you an additional life. That extra lifegain will add up really fast.
A few other cards you might want to consider:
- Basilisk Collar is a cheap equipment that gives Lyra Deathtouch. Deathtouth and First Strike are a really good combo and would stop people from attacking into your board if Lyra is untapped.
- Bonders' Enclave basically a second War Room in your deck.
- Path of Ancestry you are in a tribal deck so why not scry when you play your angels?
- Ajani, Strength of the Pride don't think of him as a planeswalker in your deck, most cases he is going to be a 4 mana onesided boardwipe. Even if you can't ultimate him as soon as he comes down the other two abilities are still very relevant in your deck.
- Sword of the Animist is a really strong card in general but, in this deck it can become consistant ramp.
- Keeper of the Accord if you have never played with him he can quickly pull you back into the game if you have been missing land drops. I have had games where I play him and by my next turn I have 3 additional plains in play. Plus the first ability that makes tokens can make relevant blockers.
- Mangara, the Diplomat is really good white card draw plus he has the bonus of having lifelink which is useful in this deck.
- Eiganjo, Seat of the Empire replace a plains with this card. At worst it is a plains but, othertimes it can become a clutch removal spell.
- Emeria's Call Flip I would replace one of your plains with this card as well. At worst it is a plains that you have to pay 3 life to have it come in untapped but, when you don't need the land it is a 7 mana make two 4/4 angels which is pure upside in this deck.
- Starnheim Unleashed at worst this is a 4 mana Serra Angel which is already a better rate than a lot of your angels in this deck but, if you Foretell it then this card can single handedly win you the game.
Lastly you have a lot of 7 and 8 mana drop angels in this deck and unless they are actively winning you the game as soon as they come down then I would consider removing them. Think about it, for the same mana as Akroma, Angel of Wrath I could play Insurrection which can win me the game as soon as the spell resolves. That being said Insurrection is not even a spell that I actively play due to it costing so much mana. Just food for thought as I would personally consider removing some of your bigger angels for some of the lower costed angels I listed above as it would help to smooth out your curve and make your games more consistent.
Still really cool deck!
1 month ago
Champion of Lambholt, Krenko, Tin Street Kingpin, Sword of the Animist, and Goro-Goro, disciple of ryosei is what I recommend. Davinoth pointed these others Godo, Bandit Warlord Embercleave that i agree with.
Champion of Lambholt though is a must. In my opinion.