Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
Legendary Creature — Eldrazi
When you cast Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger, exile two target permanents.
Whenever Ulamog, attacks, defending player exiles the top twenty cards of his or her library.
|Have (2)||, gildan_bladeborn|
|Want (2)||maxgothacks , CampbellStev|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger Discussion
1 week ago
Hi, MattN7498. First of all, Sorry, I've accidentally posted the same message as below on your wall, but I didn't want to( How can I remove it?
Your Ur-Dragon deck is fantastic! I've been here for up to 3 years and created this account only to thank You. I was created Ur-Drgagon deck too, and your deck showed me, that all of my driends, who said that Ur-Dragon couldn't be enough powerfull, where wrong. Now my deck becoming a complete copy(I didn't have fetch-lands and triomes yet, but I'm working out of that ^-^). Can I ask you for some help? I saw that you tried to put on Whip of Erebos , but finalu cut it out. Should I use a Shadowspear in my Ur-Dragon? I've got some opponents with indistructible creatures like Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger , Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre , Purphoros, God of the Forge , Ormendahl, Profane Prince and some others. Furthermore, with dragons like Drakuseth, Maw of Flames , Terror of the Peaks , Atarka, World Render and some others it may help you to gain tones of life! ...But did you test it? How your Ur-Dragon may smash, for ecample, opponents with God-tribal decks? Thank you, have a good day! Best wishes, Ur-Fan.
1 week ago
Hi, MattN7498. Your Ur-Dragon deck is fantastic! I've been here for up to 3 years and created this account only to thank You. I was created Ur-Drgagon deck too, and your deck showed me, that all of my driends, who said that Ur-Dragon couldn't be enough powerfull, where wrong. Now my deck becoming a complete copy(I didn't have fetch-lands and triomes yet, but I'm working out of that ^-^). Can I ask you for some help? I saw that you tried to put on Whip of Erebos , but finalu cut it out. Should I use a Shadowspear in my Ur-Dragon? I've got some opponents with indistructible creatures like Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger , Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre , Purphoros, God of the Forge , Ormendahl, Profane Prince and some others. Furthermore, with dragons like Drakuseth, Maw of Flames , Terror of the Peaks , Atarka, World Render and some others it may help you to gain tones of life! ...But did you test it? How your Ur-Dragon may smash, for ecample, opponents with God-tribal decks? Thank you, have a good day!
1 week ago
It may be worth checking some of the old wolf run lists out from the back in 2010ish times (my favorite time to play magic in standard, such good memories).
Inkmoth Nexus as a 1 of may be a fun win con, something to help out.
You have a ton of ramp, I would love to see more done with it. I have suggestions, but I also see the argument against them to try and keep the deck mono green and the land base easy.
You do have the capabilities of running certain non green cards as long as they only have one non-green mana cost, it may be worth running 2-3 Breeding Pool s and Stomping Ground (which you have, another may help)
Bonfire of the Damned , I played in an IQ way back when and added 3 of this card for fun to my Jund Beats list, I made top 8 going undefeated until the first round with rough luck and Bonfire was just incredible. Board wipe and damage on them. 2-3 may help a bit for wiping out opponent's fields.
Hydroid Krasis : I am running this in my blue green tron list, life gain, draw, and a huge body, it is perfect for huge ramp lists.
Finale of Devastation might be a good 2-of, mana outlet and a win con, let's you fetch a fatty and blow your opponent out, that might also allow you to run a few old-growth trolls over the empaths.
These are just suggestions and I can understand counterpoints, you've obviously played this list a ton and know its ins and outs. For me at a cursory glance it just seems like you have huge mana ramp potential with little outlets. When I play ramp, I want to be able to use all the mana I have to railroad my opponent.
1 month ago
I want to cast Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger and I can cast him 0 from Rakdos, Lord of Riots second abilty. But my opponent has a Void Mirror , can I spend one mana to cast Ulamog to circumvent the Void Mirror ?
2 months ago
You could always go through Eldrazi route. It's great to play the Urza lands, Urza's Mine , Urza's Tower and Urza's Power Plant along with 4 copies of Expedition Map . With the right draws, you could easily have 7 mana on turn 3. Then if you play Ugin, the Ineffable , you can drop the costs of all of your Eldrazi, letting you get something like Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger or Kozilek, Butcher of Truth out by turn 4. You'd also need 4 Eldrazi Temple if you do play Eldrazi. Chalice of the Void is a nuts card too. I'd make sure to play at least 2. Karn, the Great Creator let's you play a bunch of 1 of artifacts in your sideboard, letting you grab whatever you would need to help counter whatever deck you're playing against. Just some thoughts for you.
2 months ago
Hi Moby, thanks for the feedback. Lots of cool suggestions as always. :)
You're not wrong about evasion vs. anthems but I want some anthems so Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger is a two hit kill. I agree Obelisk of Urd is not a great fit as it doesn't add much beyond being an anthem and should be replaced by Akroma's Memorial which was previously too expensive but has been reprinted recently and I'll pick one on my next order. Phyrexian Splicer is also interesting looks to be a deceptively powerful one that I'll consider.
Whereas most of the other anthems do more Forsaken Monument is a mana doubler, Vanquisher's Banner and The Immortal Sun are card draw, and Adaptive Automaton is an early body which Eldrazi kind of lack.
I feel the monument cycle don't add enough outside of monocolour and granting trample is a little too conditional in this deck with less than 30 creatures.
You mentioned it in your comments but one of the most powerful things about Eldrazi are the big cast triggers hence why Lithoform Engine and Strionic Resonator are in instead of card like Helm of the Host and Minion Reflector .
P.S. I posted this deck in the discord because Ben ultimated Jace, Architect of Thought while playing on spelltable and wanted to search my deck.
RicketyEng on None
3 months ago
Some clarification of Obby's timeline:
1) Ob Nixilis of the Black Oath conquered his home plane then sparked.
2) On his travels/conquests of other planes at some point he was attracted by The Chain Veil 's power. However he was cursed by it when he touched it and started becoming a demon.
3) He travelled to Zendikar in hopes of using its powerful and wild mana to stop or reverse his demonic transformation.
4) Upon his arrival on the plane its protector, Nahiri, the Lithomancer , implanted a hedron in his forehead which robbed him of his spark and caused his wings to wither and eventually die. Ob Nixilis, the Fallen
5) After a few thousand years Jace, the Mind Sculptor was trying to figure out how to help Garruk, the Veil-Cursed . He extracted the hedron from Ob Nixilis's forehead and managed to implant it in Garruk's arm. In both Ob Nixilis and Garruk the hedron had the effect of subduing the veil's curse. It brought some clarity to the mind of Garruk, Apex Predator .
6) I remember reading a story where Ob Nixilis, Unshackled was buried alive and he very gradually dug his way down and toward a power source he could sense. This is how he found the Khalni Heart which he first tried to use to reignite his spark before Nissa, Voice of Zendikar stopped him.
7) Utterly sick and tired of Zendikar at this point, and buried alive once more after his duel with Nissa, Nixilis vowed vengeance on the entire plane. He hijacked the Aligned Hedron Network when the Zendikari momentarily managed to trap Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger . Ob Nixilis Reignited managed to siphon off enough power from Ulamog to reignite his spark. He then broke Ulamog out of the hedron prison and summoned Kozilek to the surface. He took the time to easily defeat Nissa, Gideon, and Jace before leaving, but Chandra showed up in time to rescue them. At that point it wasn't worth the effort to stick around for any more petty vengeance so he left.
8) Ob Nixilis, the Hate-Twisted took part in the War of the Spark. He joined Karn, Samut, and Dack Fayden on their mission to close Tezzeret's Planar Bridge from the Amonkhet side (they travelled through the portal itself because of The Immortal Sun ). Tezzeret didn't put up much of a fight. Nixilis burned large swaths of the remaining Eternal army before planeswalking away.
3 months ago
Yea I actually do have a few of the expensive ones already that I had in an old bag of cards. I have Karn, nylea, rhonas, and xenagos already. Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx and Finale of Devastation I kinda put in as hopeful cards but probably won't get them unless they miraculously show up for under 10 bucks on eBay. I have done a few playtests of this deck and found that with the 4 Time of Need and 2 Adventure Awaits you can get what you want very quickly. I agree that Yisan is not a good fit and Jadelight ranger could probably be replaced with something better. I just threw it in there to get more lands out but the idea is to kinda stack one land to repeatedly untap. I do like Chord of Calling and Pathrazer of Ulamog a lot though. The only thing is I wanted to have more legendary creatures rather than not so that time of need could have access to more creatures depending on the situation. As far as money goes, we luckily have a local shop by us that sells these cards for far cheaper than the price advertised on this site. The only thing they don't have there are the huge creatures ie Emrakul, the Aeons Torn or Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger . Realistically not going to end up with either but the thought of potentially dropping either on turn 3 is just so nice. Since I was planning on this deck being geared towards multiplayer I was thinking of throwing in a Hydra Omnivore and maybe one or two Destiny Spinner to ensure that all of this doesn't get countered as my friend loves to do. Seedborn Muse along with Omnath, Locus of Mana and a Helix Pinnacle would be a pretty cool combo but not entirely necessary. What other untap creatures/ enchantment ramp stuff were you thinking of?