Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
Legendary Creature — Eldrazi
When you cast Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger, exile two target permanents.
Whenever Ulamog, attacks, defending player exiles the top twenty cards of his or her library.
|Have (4)||, metalmagic , CompleteWaste , gildan_bladeborn|
|Want (2)||BlasTheDad , owls44|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger Discussion
1 week ago
Some clarification of Obby's timeline:
1) Ob Nixilis of the Black Oath conquered his home plane then sparked.
2) On his travels/conquests of other planes at some point he was attracted by The Chain Veil 's power. However he was cursed by it when he touched it and started becoming a demon.
3) He travelled to Zendikar in hopes of using its powerful and wild mana to stop or reverse his demonic transformation.
4) Upon his arrival on the plane its protector, Nahiri, the Lithomancer , implanted a hedron in his forehead which robbed him of his spark and caused his wings to wither and eventually die. Ob Nixilis, the Fallen
5) After a few thousand years Jace, the Mind Sculptor was trying to figure out how to help Garruk, the Veil-Cursed . He extracted the hedron from Ob Nixilis's forehead and managed to implant it in Garruk's arm. In both Ob Nixilis and Garruk the hedron had the effect of subduing the veil's curse. It brought some clarity to the mind of Garruk, Apex Predator .
6) I remember reading a story where Ob Nixilis, Unshackled was buried alive and he very gradually dug his way down and toward a power source he could sense. This is how he found the Khalni Heart which he first tried to use to reignite his spark before Nissa, Voice of Zendikar stopped him.
7) Utterly sick and tired of Zendikar at this point, and buried alive once more after his duel with Nissa, Nixilis vowed vengeance on the entire plane. He hijacked the Aligned Hedron Network when the Zendikari momentarily managed to trap Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger . Ob Nixilis Reignited managed to siphon off enough power from Ulamog to reignite his spark. He then broke Ulamog out of the hedron prison and summoned Kozilek to the surface. He took the time to easily defeat Nissa, Gideon, and Jace before leaving, but Chandra showed up in time to rescue them. At that point it wasn't worth the effort to stick around for any more petty vengeance so he left.
8) Ob Nixilis, the Hate-Twisted took part in the War of the Spark. He joined Karn, Samut, and Dack Fayden on their mission to close Tezzeret's Planar Bridge from the Amonkhet side (they travelled through the portal itself because of The Immortal Sun ). Tezzeret didn't put up much of a fight. Nixilis burned large swaths of the remaining Eternal army before planeswalking away.
2 weeks ago
Yea I actually do have a few of the expensive ones already that I had in an old bag of cards. I have Karn, nylea, rhonas, and xenagos already. Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx and Finale of Devastation I kinda put in as hopeful cards but probably won't get them unless they miraculously show up for under 10 bucks on eBay. I have done a few playtests of this deck and found that with the 4 Time of Need and 2 Adventure Awaits you can get what you want very quickly. I agree that Yisan is not a good fit and Jadelight ranger could probably be replaced with something better. I just threw it in there to get more lands out but the idea is to kinda stack one land to repeatedly untap. I do like Chord of Calling and Pathrazer of Ulamog a lot though. The only thing is I wanted to have more legendary creatures rather than not so that time of need could have access to more creatures depending on the situation. As far as money goes, we luckily have a local shop by us that sells these cards for far cheaper than the price advertised on this site. The only thing they don't have there are the huge creatures ie Emrakul, the Aeons Torn or Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger . Realistically not going to end up with either but the thought of potentially dropping either on turn 3 is just so nice. Since I was planning on this deck being geared towards multiplayer I was thinking of throwing in a Hydra Omnivore and maybe one or two Destiny Spinner to ensure that all of this doesn't get countered as my friend loves to do. Seedborn Muse along with Omnath, Locus of Mana and a Helix Pinnacle would be a pretty cool combo but not entirely necessary. What other untap creatures/ enchantment ramp stuff were you thinking of?
2 weeks ago
No one expects the turn 4 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
3 weeks ago
Gleeock, here is my creature list. That's all there is. Each either shuffle back into the library from the graveyard and synergize with Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker and Through the Breach , or they are indestructible and synerz with Shifting Shadow
- Perfect for breaking eggs every turn
- Wincon with Blightsteel Colossus
- Amazing with Worldspine Wurm
- Also great with It That Betrays
Not as good as expected, but more eggs and dragons are not bad, especially when you can sac them due to Maskwood Nexus .
- Obviously good with any creature
- Synergizes as a creature with Shifting Shadow , otherwise hard to remove
- Indestructible flying Monster
- All creature now synergize with Shifting Shadow
- Unfortunately, his casting ability is basically useless in this deck
- Despite being crazy by itself, Annihilator 4 is great with It That Betrays
- Shuffles graveyard back in, so I'll get back the non-shuffle creatures, most of all Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
I love this card.
It has happened that "It" and its over rings Kozilek and Ulamog have come into play at the same time with Selvala's Stampede . That's 33 power (easily chump blocked though) and 10 permanents sacrificed that I then returned to the battlefield under my control. Primal Rage helps.
3 weeks ago
Omniscience_is_life Thank you for sharing. I'll be sure to check it out for inspiration! But I'm already seeing that you have quite a lot of creatures. When I drew Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger , I knew I wanted to play him. So far I got him out in pretty every match I have played with this deck, often alongside his brother. I really like that it's just a handfull of creatures in the deck and I get the Titans out very consistently.
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
I'm looking for Naya colored card draw in a few-creatures-deck.
Otherwise I'm running Garruk, Primal Hunter (for it's -3), Hunter's Insight , Momentous Fall , and Soul's Majesty that can draw a huge amount of cards once the huge creatures are out. But unless I get to that point, I won't be drawing cards.
How can I access more card draw/ card advantage under these circumstances?
1 month ago
It is an interesting idea, and I can understand your concern towards homogenization. However, due to the fact that cards like Revitalize and Hobble (which have been around for a long time) exist, shows that it probably isn't such a big deal. All colors of mtg have their way of drawing cards anyway, whether it is by discarding, paying life, etc. On the other hand, colorless is getting pretty strong, (artifacts not having summoning sickness, colorless can't be the target of some spells that target a color in general). Also just getting Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger out on turn 5 seems too good. While this card isn't to good, there are definitely problems here.