Sacrifice Jeweled Lotus: Gain three mana of any one colour. Spend this mana only to cast your commander.
|Want (3)||zudna , Morpho-peleides , catraclysm|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Jeweled Lotus Discussion
1 week ago
I can see that, going to try some experiments at the commander weekend today. Might be difficult to cut worldbreaker without shifting my deck archtype a bit. If I made the deck more about "Going off", the I probably could cut him.
+1 Wrenn and Seven, Going venture into new ground probably neither of us have done. His + digs for azusa lands, his can be used when we draw a bunch of cards to drop 10+ lands, -3 gives us a draw target, ult is meh for us.
+1 Greater Good, Giving it a shot, saves creatures, draws cards, target for worldbreaker / Multiani.
-1 Exploration, feels like its been dead after a couple lands. We have the fetches and crucibles after 5 mana it does not matter as much since we can just play azusa again on turn 4 the latest. We could be drawing another resource instead.
-1 Jeweled Lotus, dead draw feels like it's working against me in this deck.
Worst case we revert this is an experiment. I think you would be interested in the results on wrenn.
Do all the theorcrafting! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
1 week ago
1 week ago
Confirmed mainboard changes.
-1 Dryad Arbor, combo is nice with the gsz, but searching out a filter, draw, or crucible is always better
+1 War Room, 4 mana, 1 life, draw a card. Feels a lot better than arbor. Trying to keep 20-22 forests since have 20-22 mana means your in a positions to win.
-1 Force of Vigor, I love this card it catches to many people by surprise, but beast within can target creatures + lands
+1 Beast Within, too powerful not to run. It's a black card in green.
Finished grouping cards by role:
Really the only thing that came out from grouping cards is that potentially World Breaker might not be necessary. It would make removal tighter, but open up a spot for other things. We're I don't have the eldrazi lands he's much weaker. I need a second opinion on that.
Jeweled Lotus still feels like a dead draw I'm debating putting in any of these: Kamahl’s Will, Earthcraft, Greater Good, Momentous Fall. I feel like Jeweled is more likely to cost me the game to help me win it. Card probably works better in other decks. For picking I guess we would have to test what we feel we're missing. Draw, kill, resources.
1 week ago
Took about 2 hours, but finally finished any analysis of my deck and maybe board. What I've done is compared every card in my board against my deck and calculated the amount of interactions that card has to "Go off" or to "do something". Just because a card has a low interaction does not mean it's bad, but it helps us pick out what "feels off".
The lists read like the following, What the cards does, how many interactions it has, what it's function in the deck is.
Resource: A card that it's goal is to let me play heavier things more often and thins to make drawing more powerful
Draw: Draws cards, this is very valuable in Azusa. Azusa likes draw more than anything else. Drawing gets you closer to winning the game much faster than thinning with resources
Kill: These cards have some way to win me the game. I will have to eventually go into detail into all of them. They have a known synergy that lets me setup lethal or are lethal.
Prevent: Prevents me from losing the game. Be it killing something, preventing something, etc
???: Does not fit any category, if this is met then the card should be reassessed.
Card Synergy Type
- Wordly Tutor 24 Tutor
- Finale of Devastation 24 Tutor
- Tooth and Nail 24 Tutor
- Green Sun’s Zenith 23 Tutor
- Natural Order 22 Tutor
- Avenger of Zendikar 17 Kill
- Rishkar’s Expertise 17 Draw
- Augur of Autumn 17 Resource
- Courser of Kruphix 17 Resource
- Oracle of Mul Daya 17 Resource
- Ramumap Excavator 16 Resource/Kill
- Ancient Greenwarden 16 Resource/Kill
- Return of the Wildspeaker 16 Draw
- Scute Swarm 16 Kill
- Tireless Tracker 16 Draw
- Tireless Provision 16 Resource
- Lotus Cobra 16 Resource
- Titania, Protector of Argoth 15 Kill
- Fierce Empath 15 Tutor
- Garruk, Primal Hunter 15 Draw
- Azusa, Lost But seeking 14 Resource
- Woodland Bellower 12 Tutor
- Crucible of Worlds 11 Resource/Kill
- Exploration 11 Resource
- Life From the Loam 10 Resource
- Sylvan Library 10 Draw
- Sensei’s Divining Top 10 Draw
- Rude Awkening 9 Resource/Kill
- Scapeshift 8 Kill
- Ulvenwald Hydra 7 Kill
- Craterhoof Behemoth 7 Kill
- Akroma’s Memorial 7 Kill
- Regal Force 7 Draw
- World Breaker 6 Prevent
- Shamanic Revelation 6 Draw
- Sol Ring 6 Resource
- Nylea’s Intervention 6 Tutor/Kill
- Sylvan Scrying 6 Tutor/Kill
- Horn of Greed 6 Draw
- Greenwarden of murasa 5 Prevent
- Eternal Witness 5 Prevent
- Constant Mists 5 Prevent/Kill
- Vorinclex, Voice of hunger 5 Resource
- Kozilek, the Great Distortion 5 Draw/Prevent
- Genesis Wave 5 Kill
- Bane of Progress 5 Prevent
- Kozilek, Butcher of Truth 4 Kill/Draw
- Blightseel Colossus 4 Kill
- Multani, Yavimaya’s Avatar 4 ???
- Boundless Realms 4 Resource
- Beacon of Creation 3 Kill
- Harmonize 1 Draw
- Jeweled Lotus 1 Resource
- Force of Vigor 0 Prevent
Multani, Yavimaya's Avatar with the over changes to the deck feels like it's falling off. It has a good interaction with Greater Good, but getting both of those cards off is unlikely. I also feel that every time I want to grab for an X creature it's hydra. This card is potentially on the chopping block.
Jeweled Lotus Feels dead sometimes in this deck. If you draw into it the card is great, but otherwise it's been falling off. Turn 0 Azusa is great in all, but the extra land or creature might be better.
Having trouble finding one more potential cut with this information. Will think about it more.
Card Synergy Type
- Momentous Fall 14 Draw
- Earthcraft 14 Resource
- Greater Good 14 Draw/Prevent
- Chord of Calling 12 Tutor
- Wrenn and Seven 8 Resource
- Mana Crypt 6 Resource
- Defense of the Heart 5 Tutor
- Kamahl’s Will 5 Kill/Prevent
- Realms Uncharted 3 Resource
- Allosaurus Shepherd 3 Prevent
- Nissa, Vital Force 3 Resource/Prevent/Draw
- Void Winnower 2 Kill
- Beast Within 1 Prevent
- Song of the Dryads 1 Prevent
- Concordant Crossroads 1 ???
- Kenrith's Transformation 0 Prevent
- Lignify 0 Prevent
Kamahl’s Will is a wincon, a defensive option, amplifier for draw, and has potentially other combo's. Given how many lands I get, this is highly likely.
Momentous Fall I feel like i take it out and put it in a lot, I like the card but the sacing hurts. With the drop of Multi this might feel weaker now. Testing needed.
Greater Good might be a hard add, prevents exile even at the cost of cards. It's an engine otherwise. Testing.
+1 Beast Within
+1 Greater Good
Testing needed, these are no official changes at this time.
2 weeks ago