|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Ravnica Allegiance: Mythic Edition (RNAMED)||Mythic Rare|
|2012 Core Set (M12)||Mythic Rare|
|Zendikar (ZEN)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Legendary Planeswalker — Sorin
+2: Sorin Markov deals 2 damage to target creature, player or planeswalker and you gain 2 life.
-3: Target opponent's life total becomes 10.
-7: You control target player during that player's next turn.
Sorin Markov Discussion
4 days ago
I would suggest Sorin Markov , set hp to 10 and kill one opponent/play rakdos and free eldrazi.
1 month ago
It seems like you're trying to keep the price of the deck low, but here are some suggestions. Some of them are not wallet-friendly but there are cheaper alternatives if you search for them:
Instants/Sorceries: - You don't run any of the very powerful hand control cards. Thoughtseize , Inquisition of Kozilek , Collective Brutality can make a black deck much more viable as it makes up for the fact that you have 0 ramp. Another thing black is really good at which you don't take advantage of is creature control. Fatal Push , Diabolic Edict , Dismember and such are really helpful since you want to get rid of as many of your opponent's creatures. With 20 lands and no ramp, Army of the Damned kind of sucks. You are not control oriented enough to wait that long to get those 8 lands necessary
Creatures: Since a part of your deck is sacrificing your humans for more zombies, you definitely want to run some Dark Confidant s. The addition card draw can really make or break games. Undead Augur could also be some pretty good card draw. Since you wanna go Zombies, I would recommend adding some Zombie lords, like Death Baron . If you want the deck to be more effective, then add more cards that actually interact with the number of zombies you have rather than just generate more. Do just go wide, you wanna go big as well. If you want, it could be interesting if you splashed blue and added The Scarab God , but it's up to you whether or not you want to break the mono color.
Enchantments: Okay, you have wayyyy too many enchantments. While it can be fun, all those 4-mana enchantments are not going to help you overall. They are too slow, and you don't have the control to wait until they become powerful. I recommend dropping Grave Pact and picking up something else that can help you either control better or be more aggro/tempo.
Lands: General tip: Unless you are planning to use nonbasic land hate, have as close to 0 lands as possible. Lands can be extraordinarily powerful, and only having basic lands is a bit of a waste.
Overall, I think you need to either commit to control or aggro/tempo. The deck is currently in a limbo state where it's too slow to contend against any fast decks, and most good control decks can easily wipe your board clean. As someone who loves mono-black, I think tempo is a good way to go about the color, but to do that you need to find a fine balance between aggro and control that is often very hard to find.
1 month ago
Notes from game on 09/08/2019:
- Bloodchief Ascension
- Exsanguinate - took out 3 players simultaneously
- Hex Parasite - OMG belongs in almost any black deck
- Lake of the Dead
- Overwhelming Forces
- Painful Quandary
- Phyrexian Obliterator
- Staff of the Death Magus
- Sword of Light and Shadow
Worth Considering for Removal:
- Arcane Lighthouse - unlikely to need / redundant with Detection Tower
- Lich's Mirror - I made a dumb mistake not paying enough attention to the win condition
- Maralen of the Mornsong (sigh) this was originally her deck
- Ob Nixilis, Unshackled - keep for at least one more round
- Platinum Emperion - belongs in another deck, redundant with Platinum Angel
- Soldevi Digger - very unlikely to need
- The Haunt of Hightower - I want to make this a better card than it really is, but I have to face it.
1 month ago
Sorin Markov and Sorin's Vengeance wouldn't be bad here. I have both I could trade away if you want. Other cards I have that I'm willing to trade to you that could help this deck is Kalitas, Bloodchief of Ghet and Drana, Kalastria Bloodchief and Bloodhusk Ritualist .
Directions to take this would be board control, hand control, an aristocrats utilizing Viscera Seer and Blood Artist . Blood Seeker wouldn't hurt against go wide strategies. I have all three of those if you'd to trade for them too.
Nirkana Revenant is great for this deck.
Ob Nixilis, Unshackled can do some serious damage.
Any of the Ob Nixilis planeswalkers and Lili plansewalkers wouldn't hurt
1 month ago
I actually have a deck I built that I designed to be my Signature Spellbook, but I'll show off some of my highlights:
- Exsanguinate - Ah the classic. I've finished more games with this card than... something that happens a lot.
- Phyrexian Obliterator - This creature is everything that black should be: big, high devotion, and just plain unfortunate to face.
- Syphon Mind - Probably my favorite black draw spell. Being two cards up on each of your opponents feels pretty solid.
- Temporal Extortion - Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I never play this card hoping for one mode or the other. I do my best to drop it where either mode is horrible for my opponents.
- Torment of Hailfire - Truth be told, I prefer this to Exsanguinate . I've put up some pretty ridiculous numbers with this bad boy. Even if it doesn't drop all of my opponents, whoever remains is usually so weakened they might as well be dead.
1 month ago
Things I like about the card:
The mana cost references Sorin Markov .
It is very powerful, which absolutely fits the baron.
The keywords are very fitting as they demonstrate just how deadly he is.
He has very strong tribal synergy.
Things I don't like about it:
- The sheer amount of text he puts into the text box.
I'd say you could cut one of the activated abilities and he'd still be very powerful. It I were to decide, I'd cut the token ability.
2 months ago
Vindicate from Eternal Masters, Mortify from Sorin vs Tibalt, Anguished Unmaking , Avacyn, Angel of Hope not a vampire but for Sorin tribal not vampire tribal it's a must, Mark of the Vampire from Sorin vs Tibalt, Heirloom Blade , Blood Tribute and if your going Sorin tribal i would recommend using Sorin, Grim Nemesis , Sorin, Lord of Innistrad , Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord or Sorin, Solemn Visitor as your oathbreaker but if your going vampire tribal than Sorin Markov is fine.
2 months ago
Sorin Markov occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%