Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Pact of the Serpent
Choose a creature type. Target player draws X cards and loses X life, where X is the number of creatures they control of the chosen type.
Crow-Umbra on Mardu Humans
2 months ago
Very solid creature base! If anything you could maybe cut a few creatures to give you a couple more slots for draw, ramp, or maybe a couple more lands. In looking at your list, I think some of the following could be solid additions:
Plumb the Forbidden - Great draw spell
Commissar Severina Raine - If you don't have any issues with Universes Beyond cards, she could be another solid group drain effect for going wide. She is also a slightly worse Skullclamp
Pact of the Serpent - lean into the tribal element
Tocasia's Welcome - Consistent and could work here since 30/44 creatures (including your commanders) are 3 cmc or less.
Mishra, Claimed by Gix Meld - Group slug if you are going wide, and he is still a Human!
Myrel, Shield of Argive - 13/44 creatures are Soldiers, but she can balloon token production fairly well on her own.
jarncards on hasteland
3 months ago
For global haste you can use Fires of Yavimaya, Concordant Crossroads, Mass Hysteria, and Urabrask the Hidden who will also conveniently turn off other people's haste. Anger and Barbarian Class also give haste after more effort.
Ant Queen, Artifact Mutation, Battle Hymn, Circle of Dreams Druid, Dragon Broodmother, Pest Infestation, Scute Swarm, Tempt with Vengeance, Sylvan Offering, Termagant Swarm are all useful if you can give haste to all of them.
Birds of Paradise is just the best mana dork.
You have green, so you might as well use the standard ramp package with Cultivate , Kodama's Reach, Explore , Farseek, , Rampant Growth, Three Visits and Nature's Lore. Probably ignore most mana rocks, because people are going to want to vandalblast you just because of the treasures.
Relentless Assault, Scourge of the Throne, Combat Celebrant, Hexplate Wallbreaker, World at War grant extra combats, with Hellkite Charger and Aggravated Assault potentially going infinite.
Vandalblast goes in every red deck. Even though youll have a ton of treasures i'd still run Brotherhood's End too
For draw spells consider Scroll Rack, Garruk's Uprising, Elemental Bond, Soul's Majesty, Furious Rise, Rishkar's Expertise, Beast Whisperer, Shamanic Revelation, Disciple of Bolas, Pact of the Serpent, Painful Truths, Harmonize, Sign in Blood, Night's Whisper, Read the Bones, Ambition's Cost, Ancient Craving, Damnable Pact, Commune with Lava, Lifeblood Hydra, or maybe Necropotence although the color restricion on necro is tough, treasures should take care of it.
Fable of the Mirror-Breaker Flip, Ragavan, Nimble Pilferer , The Reaver Cleaver , Gadrak, the Crown-Scourge , Ancient Copper Dragon , Old Gnawbone Ziatora, the Incinerator for more treasure makers. Pyrohemia and Pestilence could be fun with the extra mana. Awaken the Woods is an amazing x spell too, but wont appreciate the two aforementioned cards.
If you're using magda the deck will benefit from dragons and expensive artifacts. throw in Imperial Recruiter and Worldly Tutor, Vampiric Tutor, and Demonic Tutor all go in your colors. so you can get her more consistently. Darksteel Forge and Gate to Phyrexia can be tutored into play with her for five treasure.
If you use dragons, you could add Dragonstorm, but you should carefully consider how many cheap spells you expect to be able to cast if you arent building specifically towards this card. Chatterstorm, Empty the Warrens, Yawgmoth's Will, Jeska's Will, Mana Geyser, and Manamorphose, Past in Flames are all good on their own and would add synergy.
If it ends up dragon tribal, cards like Crippling Fear , Kindred Dominance, Crux of Fate
Swashbuckler Extraordinaire is a very good payoff for using treasures if you dont use certain other nightmarish dragons like Atarka, World Render, Blast-Furnace Hellkite, Terror of Mount Velus, Thrakkus the Butcher
Crow-Umbra on A fistful of Myr [Urtet, Remnant of Memnarch]
4 months ago
Myr tribal finally gets its long awaited commander. 5 color lists aren't my typical cup of tea, but I have a few things for your consideration:
Skullclamp - Seems like a great option for draw, especially with all your 1/1 myr tokens
Cover of Darkness - Not a budget option in the least bit, but an option to give your creatures evasion.
Impact Tremors - A slightly more removal resistant alternative to Reckless Fireweaver
Plumb the Forbidden - A great draw option, especially with creature token strats.
Pyre of Heroes - A decent way to get specific Myr on the battlefield as needed.
Shared Animosity - Reduces the need for you to activate Urtet, and lets you just turn all your Myr sideways.
Tocasia's Welcome - Your draw options are kind of light at 6. About 30 of your creatures would fulfill the trigger for Tocasia's Welcome.
I hope these suggestions are helpful. Having access to all 5 colors really opens the possibilities for tribal support.
legendofa on Non sliver spells for sliver …
5 months ago
Outside protection for your Slivers, like Asceticism, Steely Resolve, Unsettled Mariner, or Golgari Charm, might help against removal (spot or board wipe, as needed).
The commander is a tutor, but more card draw is usually helpful. While drawing more cards might not always be the best option, it's rarely a bad option. Kindred Discovery, Vanquisher's Banner, Elemental Bond, or Pact of the Serpent all work.
MahBoi100 on I'm Gonna Didgeridoo You in the Ass
6 months ago
Thank you for another suggestion. I actually tried Pact of the Serpent in this deck earlier, and what I found out is that although the potential was great, it really sucked to have it rely on my board state. It did pay out greatly in certain scenarios, but other times, especially when I was behind, it was a dead draw. Its inability to get me ahead when behind is what made me cut it in the end.
That being said, paying 3 to draw, like, 6 and lose 6 is enticing. Its allure worked on me once already, so maybe I'll give it another try after putting in some more reliable card draw first.
seshiro_of_the_orochi on I'm Gonna Didgeridoo You in the Ass
6 months ago
Great to here my comment was useful. Gateway is verypowerful in my giant tribal EDH, 'cause those guys are pretty expensive.
In case you need more card draw, Pact of the Serpent might be another good choice.
multimedia on Rotcleaver’s Revenge
9 months ago
Hey, well done so far upgrading the precon, nice Phyrexian Altar.
Some cards from the precon to consider adding:
- Talisman of Dominance --> Sky Diamond
- Dreadhorde Invasion --> Eternal Skylord
- Curse of the Restless Dead --> Undead Alchemist
- Pact of the Serpent --> Battle at the Bridge
- Zombie Apocalypse --> Dread Summons
- Gisa and Geralf --> Ebondeath, Dracolich
- Feed the Swarm --> Polymorphist's Jest
- Liliana, Death's Majesty --> Liliana's Mastery
- Tainted Isle --> 1x Island
- Choked Estuary --> 1x Island
Talisman of Dominance ETB untapped to make either color. Another mana rock upgrade is Dimir Signet replacing Charcoal Diamond. Dreadhorde Invasion is a repeatable source of Zombie and Eternal Skylord is a much worse Hordewing Skaab. Curse of the Restless Dead is a more reliable repeatable source of Zombies than Undead Alchemist.
Pact of the Serpent is powerful tribal card for Zombies. Battle at the Bridge needs lots more artifacts to be playable. Zombie Apocalypse is powerful tribal card for Zombies especially when your Commander sacs Zombies to draw. Patriarch's Bidding is another mass reanimation tribal Zombie card. Dread Summons needs a ton of mana paid into it to be decent since you have no control over milling your own or opponent creatures.
Gisa and Geralf can be repeatable cast of Zombies from your graveyard which can do more than Ebondeath, Dracolich. Feed the Swarm is helpful to have enchantment removal in Dimir. Liliana, Death's Majesty can be repeatable Zombies and her other abilities are good too. She does more than Liliana's Mastery, but honestly you don't need either one of these cards since there's better five drops here or could add.
The more basic Islands you can replace with Dimir dual lands the better the manabase will be because black mana is much important than blue. Lots of basic Islands makes it more difficult to cast heavy black spells. Tainted Isle and Choked Estuary are playable lands in the precon that care about Swamps and you have a lot of Swamps.
Good luck with your deck.
trippy_mcfly on Cumly Cube
11 months ago
Introducing Cumly Cube 1.1! 6 months ago, Cumly Cube was launched to resounding approval. However, in response to feedback from fans, several cards in the pool were deemed unplayable, uninteresting, or overpowered. For Cumly Cube's six month anniversary, I have chosen to update the card pool. Here are the changes, provided with brief justifications:
- Abomination: too weak in power level
- Anger of the Gods: while board wipes are an essential part of the game, this card is too simple in effect in comparison to other red board wipes in the card pool
- Birthing Pod: synergizes poorly with the rest of the card pool
- Black Dragon: too weak in power level
- Black Lotus: this card and other "power 9" cards have been removed from the pool to allow players to play with less well known cards
- Bloodcurdling Scream: too weak in power level
- Cavalier of Night: too on-theme for a black card
- Cinderclasm: while board wipes are an essential part of the game, this card is too simple in effect in comparison to other red board wipes in the card pool
- Dack Fayden: too powerful
- District Guide: synergizes poorly with the rest of the card pool
- Dockside Extortionist: too strong in multiplayer games considering the dominance of the "treasure matters" archetype in this card pool
- Dread Reaper: too weak in power level
- Edric, Spymaster of Trest: too powerful
- Eviscerator: too weak in power level
- Grim Strider: too weak in power level
- Hypnox: too weak in power level
- Jungle Creeper: too weak in power level
- Mind Bomb: too weak in power level
- Mox Emerald: this card and other "power 9" cards have been removed from the pool to allow players to play with less well known cards
- Mox Jet: this card and other "power 9" cards have been removed from the pool to allow players to play with less well known cards
- Mox Pearl: this card and other "power 9" cards have been removed from the pool to allow players to play with less well known cards
- Mox Ruby: this card and other "power 9" cards have been removed from the pool to allow players to play with less well known cards
- Mox Sapphire: this card and other "power 9" cards have been removed from the pool to allow players to play with less well known cards
- Nicol Bolas, the Deceiver: too weak in power level
- Nix: too weak in power level
- Obelisk of Alara: too weak in power level
- Patagia Golem: too weak in power level
- Phantasmagorian: too weak in power level
- Prismite: too weak in power level
- Rootcoil Creeper: synergizes poorly with the rest of the card pool
- Shattering Blow: too strong of an answer to the artifact archetype
- Shatterskull Smashing Flip: MDFCs are interesting cards, but it does not make sense to have only one in the card pool
- Smelt: too strong of an answer to the artifact archetype
- Smog Elemental: too weak in power level
- Spirit of the Night: too weak in power level
- Storm Spirit: too weak in power level
- Tibalt's Trickery: introduces too much variance for an enjoyable experience
- Unholy Strength: too weak in power level
- Vampiric Link: too on-theme for a black card
- Wooded Bastion: this was included on error instead of its Golgari counterpart
- Alpha Authority: an interesting enchantment that should help protect large creatures
- Archfiend of Spite: a strong value play or reanimation target for black, which was deemed the lowest in power level upon initial testing
- Blade Splicer: works well with the artifact and golem archetypes, plus is a human for tribal matters cards
- Chillbringer: works well with the blue aggro archetype, plus is an elemental for tribal matters cards
- Comet Storm: an interesting damage spell that will be replacing more typical red board wipes
- Crippling Chill: works well with the disruptive blue plan
- Darksteel Forge: a strong payoff for the artifact archetype
- Diabolic Tutor: a solid addition to black
- Distant Melody: a strong value play for tribal decks
- Door of Destinies: another tribal matters card
- Dread Presence: a solid addition to black
- Flashfreeze: a conditional counter spell
- Funeral Rites: a solid addition to black
- Golem Foundry: works well with the artifact and golem archetypes
- Gyruda, Doom of Depths: companions are now part of the card pool! This one fits well with the reanimation archetype
- Icehide Golem: works well with the artifact and golem archetypes
- Illuminated Folio: an artifact draw engine, common in this card pool
- In Bolas's Clutches: a strong and fun card
- Infernal Contract: a solid addition to black
- Jegantha, the Wellspring: this companion is an elemental for tribal matters cards
- Keruga, the Macrosage: this companion is an incentive to play with some of the clunkier but more fun cards in the cube
- Kokusho, the Evening Star: a solid addition to black and a dragon for tribal matters cards
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary: a strong draw engine for green creature decks, an archetype not well supported in this card pool
- Loyal Retainers: works well with the reanimate archetype, plus is a human for tribal matters cards
- Mindleech Mass: a strong reanimation target and payoff for black decks, plus is a horror for tribal matters cards
- Moldervine Reclamation: a strong draw engine and another enabler for lifegain decks
- Monastery Mentor: a strong payoff for prowess decks, an archetype not well supported in this card pool
- Morophon, the Boundless: another tribal matters card
- Nicol Bolas, God-Pharaoh: a strong card used to bolster Grixis in the card pool
- Pact of the Serpent: a strong value play for tribal decks
- Retrofitter Foundry: works well with the artifact archetype
- Skeletal Wurm: a strong reanimation target and payoff for black decks
- Sludge Monster: a good creature that works very well with Toxrill, the Corrosive, plus is a horror for tribal matters cards
- Sorin's Vengeance: a payoff for black that may add diversity to deck archtypes
- Soul Foundry: yet another artifact engine that is a major part of this card pool
- Storm the Vault Flip: this card was meant to be included in the pool originally for the "treasure matters archetype"
- Teferi, Timebender: another Teferi planeswalker, included mainly to justify the continued inclusion of Teferi's Sentinel
- Time Elemental: a soft lock with Stasis and also a good interactive card for blue decks
- Torgaar, Famine Incarnate: a strong reanimation target and payoff for black decks
- Twilight Mire: this card was meant to be included in the pool originally and is good fixing for Golgari, a color combination encouraged in this pool
- Worldfire: a very wacky card that is the epitome of Cumly Cube
|Want (6)||chrono236 , Amaterasu312 , C0LDE , MarshalLaeroth , Kripkenstein , freshie9000|