: Add .
|Have (7)||, uhore , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , gildan_bladeborn , idobuttstuff , CompleteWaste , 31770|
|Want (13)||Morpho-peleides , Scrappy , Swmrulz , Vuuduuhedd , YouKnow , evallard13 , arashikageclan , uhore , Mlord , Cliper51 , PackALunch , TrevStar7 , glittertox|
Combos Browse all
- Mana Vault + Sol Ring + Tidespout Tyrant
- Dross Scorpion + Pentavus + Sol Ring
- Dramatic Reversal + Sol Ring
- Dramatic Reversal + Isochron Scepter + Sol Ring
- Everflowing Chalice + Sol Ring + Tidespout Tyrant
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Sol Ring Discussion
1 day ago
Hey, nice version with a very low budget.
Some budget changes to consider:
- Sol Ring --> Rampant Elephant
- Valakut Exploration --> 1x Mountain
- Garruk's Uprising --> Thicket Crasher
- Greater Good --> Silverglade Elemental
- Garruk's Packleader --> Zendikar Incarnate
- Return of the Wildspeaker --> Keeper of Fables
- Druid Class --> 1x Mountain
- Seer's Sundial --> Natural Connection
- Fires of Yavimaya --> Elvish Rejuvenator
- Regrowth --> 1x Mountain
- Dryad's Revival --> 1x Mountain
- Beast Within --> Natural Reclamation
- Klauth's Will --> Savage Twister
- Command Tower --> 1x Forest
- Cinder Glade --> 1x Forest
Rampant Elephant is a white card which can't be played when green/red Omnath is your Commander. The majority of these suggestions are good repeatable draw sources. I think you can afford to cut a few lands for some lower CMC spells. 46 lands is still a lot.
If interested I offer more advice. Good luck with your deck.
1 day ago
If it's neither day nor night as Luna Ring enters the battlefield, it becomes day.
: add . Activate this ability only of it's night.
Sol Ring is such a good card--I don't think anything even close to it should be printed again. This is my attempt at a balanced mana rock.
4 days ago
Thanks for the comments!
Wow. After looking at that burn deck I understand what sergiodelrio was getting at. I think I was being a naïve. That other mono-red hollow deck looks pretty interesting though and probably more our level/slightly above.
The deck below is a rough outline of what I can remember for a white deck I put together. I think its fun because I plays differently in a lot of situations. The amounts aren't exact. There is some other stuff in there I can't remember like a life boost (I think a creature or two that gives life upon sacrifice). For deck building we generally build with what we already have (I have bought specific cards before to be really annoying such as Armageddon). So I typically don't have enough cards to reliably power combo, though its likely I'm not clever enough yet to recognize the potential with what I have. To compete against this he usually whips out a blue deck with tons of counters, clones, and stealing. They are roughly even. A red deck in the theme of burn has also been used (mana vaults, sol rings, fireballs and goblin gernades etc).
Land Drifting Meadow x 4 and Misc.
Side board -- all available cards.
1 week ago
LunchBox1211 Thank you! Honestly, I think he'd be pissed that I don't have Zombie Master in there, hahaha. And I also need to revise this list because I have made a couple changes. And I think that I need to shove a Sol Ring in there somehow. But it's about 2 weeks until the anniversary of his passing, so I figured it was a good time to feature it.
1 week ago
Manaweft Sliver is another two drop mana Sliver. Shifting Sliver makes all your Slivers unblockable. Venom Sliver gives all deathtouch. These three Slivers could replace three of the higher CMC Slivers that have redundant effects. Blasphemous Act wrecks your opponents with Hivelord as Commander.
- Sol Ring --> Universal Automaton
- Manaweft Sliver --> Groundshaker Sliver
- Shifting Sliver --> First Sliver's Chosen
- Venom Sliver --> Fury Sliver
- Blasphemous Act --> Lymph Sliver
Consider more draw?
- Reconnaissance Mission
- Elemental Bond: if you control an anthem effect, that effect counts to increase the power of a Silver who ETB. Many Slivers only need one anthem effect to have 3 power.
- Return of the Wildspeaker
- Pact of the Serpent
- Distant Melody
- Painful Truths
Consider cutting a few of the lesser Slivers for more draw?
- Reconnaissance Mission --> Fungus Sliver
- Wild Pair --> Watcher Sliver
- Pyre of Heroes --> Talon Sliver
- Elemental Bond --> Steelform Sliver
- Return of the Wildspeaker --> Evolution Charm
- Cinder Glade --> Sheltered Thicket
- Canopy Vista --> Blossoming Sands
- Sunken Hollow --> Temple of Mystery
- Prairie Stream --> Wind-Scarred Crag
- Smoldering Marsh --> Canyon Slough
Good luck with your deck.
1 week ago
You can easily get to about 10 pieces of ramp in Rakdos. Talisman of Indulgence, Rakdos Signet, Sol Ring, Fellwar Stone, Arcane Signet, Mind Stone, Thought Vessel, Sword of the Animist, and Herald's Horn (if you've got enough minotaurs). Dockside Extortionist and Mana Crypt too if you already got 'em or are able to proxy. Generator Servant is nice also if you really want to ramp into something once and give it haste (or 2 hastey creatures if you spend on each.).
If you actually build this... consider Pain Magnification in your list. It's kinda a curse all opponents type effect as you or your opponents can make each other discard (but not you).
1 week ago
Hey, nice version with such a low budget. Only 40 cents or less for each card is an interesting idea.
Even though you're building a very low budget deck still consider some basic deck building guidelines to structure your deck? A basic structure is helpful when building any causal Commander deck to give you a good start.
- 36-38 lands (Exotic Orchard)
- 20-25 creatures (Angel of Sanctions)
- 10 ramp sources (Cultivate)
- 10 draw sources (Garruk's Packleader)
- 10 removal sources (Phyrexian Rebirth)
The numbers in this basic structure are just a start, not all areas are covered and the final numbers may be more or less for each part. A basic structure doesn't need anything but the basics, you can add other cards to make up other areas that you want specifically with your Commander after. 10 ramp and 10 draw sources help to make a smoother gameplay experience. The balance of extra mana from ramp with the draw sources theoretically helps to have mana and cards in your hand to cast with the mana. Creatures can be part of the numbers and cards that have more than one effect that can go in many different areas are excellent and should be priority for cards to play.
Compare the above example to your current deck structure:
- 33 lands
- 26 creatures
- 16 removal sources
- 3 ramp sources
- 1 draw source
The amount of creatures is a fine number, but there's disproportionate amount of removal compared to other areas. 33 lands with only 3 ramp sources, two of which are 4 CMC and 5 CMC are risky numbers because you can potentially get land screw (not drawing lands) as well as mana screwed (not having enough mana to cast spells). Having major potential for both of these to happen in a game can be really frustrating and is really bad for gameplay.
I believe you can never have enough draw in Commander since draw keeps the game going for you making gameplay much more fun. Harmonize is a good card, but only having it for draw is not enough.
Ghired and the other impactful cards here are high CMC and you want to get to five mana for Ghired quicker than only relying on your land drops. More ramp can help and the best ramp to add such as Sol Ring and Arcane Signet are budget cards. Unfortunately, they aren't 40 cents or less though, here's some to consider:
3 CMC or less ramp is preferred to have these plays in the early turns of the game which is best time to cast ramp since then it helps you to cast Ghired and all the other high CMC cards you want to cast later on in the game. You don't want to be casting 5 CMC or even 4 CMC ramp instead you want to use that amount of mana along with ramp that you cast before it to cast other more impactful spells.
Lots of draw especially repeatable draw sources are important to have in Commander. Unfortunately, because of the budget restriction for cards doesn't give you a lot of options, but here some to consider:
- Garruk's Packleader: repeatable draw any time a 3 or more power creature you control ETB including creature tokens. Rhino's have 4 power.
- Voice of Many
- Zephyr Boots: repeatable draw, can also give equipped creature flying evasion.
- Mouth / Feed: only can cast Mouth first to create a 3/3 Hippo then Feed can only be cast from your graveyard.
- Mask of Memory: repeatable draw, equip any big creature you control who has evasion such as trample or flying.
- Shamanic Revelation
Creatures who can draw are nice with Flamerush Rider to make a copy of them to then populate with Ghired. This interaction is very good with Garruk's Packleader since the more Packleaders you control the more draw you get especially when you populate a Rhino as well as each Packleader triggers to draw from the other. Three of these suggestions care about the amount of creatures you control which is good when playing tokens.
I've given you a lot to think about, but I offer more advice in another comment if you would like, including cuts to consider. Good luck with your deck.
2 weeks ago
What's your budget, and what sort of ultimate power level are you looking for?
In b/w, you'll definitely want to rock all your mana rocks. Orzhov Signet, Arcane Signet, Fellwar Stone, Talisman of Hierarchy, and some number of colorless, depending on your build/preference, like Mind Stone, Everflowing Chalice, definitely Sol Ring, possibly Wayfarer's Bauble, etc.
I would strongly recommend getting a "backup" commander, in case the playgroup won't allow a walker - I personally loathe walkers as commanders, so it'd be a bad night to show up and be told they don't want to play. On that note, Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim is a great Cleric commander.
The things to focus your budget on, overall, will be card draw, ramp, and removal; most of the non-cEDH "engine" cards won't cost that much, but things like sweepers, good targeted removal, and good card draw definitely will. And, of course, the good tutors are very expensive. You can also make a reasonably-budget reanimator list that'll work well, which will let you abuse something like Vilis, Broker of Blood.
The best all-encompassing resource will be looking at existing lists on here, edhrec, or similar.