Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
legendofa on Exalted aggression
3 days ago
ChargerK Unfortunately, Dark Ritual isn't Modern-legal.
PlaneswalkerTed on Oathbreaker Ashiok, Dream Render
1 week ago
I think Dark Ritual is banned in Oathbreaker. Thoughts on a replacement?
SufferFromEDHD on A Powerful Rat
1 week ago
This is a really solid rat tribal deck! Don't get distracted like Volrath ("If there is such a thing as too much power, I have not discovered it." - Dark Ritual)
Cut one copy of Rat Colony for the Piper. 25% is a great ratio for your Thrumming Stone engine.
You have 7 non rat creatures... I think you could afford to make 3 cuts:
Gray Merchant of Asphodel is just good stuff. Does nothing for this strategy.
Species Specialist is fantastic! while Erebos, God of the Dead seems lackluster although the static ability is neat. Necropotence does it better.
Sheoldred, Whispering One is an EDH bomb but you are already running Attrition, Dictate of Erebos, Grave Pact AND No Mercy.
RockIV on Rocks Dragon Deck
3 weeks ago
Juicy_J82 thnks alot for the advice!.
been doing test with the lands as you told me , and the deck stills runs nice.
while doing some more test i started thinking about Sakura-Tribe Elder, i end up feeling that i almost never need him and when i do , an Evolving Wild seems better, its 0 mana against two. So i was thinking a replacement for him,Evolving Wild seems good but Seething Song its like a red Dark Ritual, and i can put a dragon for 3 in the 3rd turn. Other option would be more direct damage to remove more enemy creatures.
didnt try Dragonspeaker Shaman yet, i only have two of them, maybe its too low.
Angeline on Casual: What Does it Actually …
4 weeks ago
To extent the view on Casual.....
My view on Casual is two-fold
1) My deck has, defenitly, an objective to win, although it never should domminate the "Kitchen Table". Winning too many games (after 3) in a row, its clear the deck is too powerfull: It gains no fun anymore.
2) I permit myself to make mistakes in timing, order in playing but keeping the game intact. Having a Brewsky is part of this ritual (read Brown Ritual sometimes Dark Ritual).
These two "Rules" allow me to build decks with a playfull and risky karacter and play tricks not allways obvious and clear. Most of the times these deck wont work at all. But do I give......
Thank you for reading
1 month ago
Heads up that Dark Ritual isn’t modern legal.
With that in mind I think you prolly need 24 lands.
sylvannos on Hoax Storm v2
1 month ago
To start with, there's a few cards that have better Vintage equivalents. Overmaster and Spell Pierce should be the 3rd. and 4th. copies of Force of Will. Leftover space from cutting those can be Red Elemental Blast, Pyroblast, or Flusterstorm. You don't need Faithless Looting because we have Paradoxical Outcome, Sensei's Divining Top, Gush, Dig Through Time, Treasure Cruise, and Brainstorm to choose from. Merchant Scroll also belongs in here, because you can use it to grab Ancestral Recall at the very least. Usually you want it to make sure you have protection in hand by grabbing countermagic.
Library of Alexandria isn't good in this deck. And you're not the type that needs 8x sources, so Steam Vents can go, along with a few copies of Volcanic Island (1 or 2). Replace all of these with four copies of Scalding Tarn and basic lands. Or even just play 6x fetches. You need to be able to shuffle after using Brainstorm, Ponder,and Sensei's Divining Top.
From here, you have a solid U/R Storm shell. However, I wouldn't play straight "Modern U/R Storm, but Power 9" dot dec. 2 mana is a lot for Goblin Electromancer, there are easier ways of winning than Grapeshot, and so on. The question then becomes "Where to go from here?"
- Paradoxical Outcome is just the nuts. By bouncing moxen and cheap artifacts, it's a ritual (since you can replay everything for , untapping it all) and it's a draw spell. However, Paradoxical Outcome requires Mox Opals, Lotus Petal, Lion's Eye Diamond, etc. so you'll have to cut rituals (likely Seething Song). The upside is you get an extremely powerful engine that can often end the game with a single Paradoxical Outcome.
- Thassa's Oracle is the new hotness for Vintage combo cards. You can win the game by casting Brain Freeze on yourself, then casting Thassa's Oracle. It also opens up more combos using Demonic Consultation and Doomsday. Sometimes you've just drawn a bunch of cards and have ~3 cards left in your deck.
- Tinker is too good in Storm not to play it. You're either getting Memory Jar, Bolas's Citadel, Time Vault (Voltaic Key is already good in Storm when combined with Mana Vault and friends), or a random wincon like Sphinx of the Steel Wind boarded in for game 2. Bolas's Citadel will essentially flip the top half of your deck into play.
- You can also play draw 7s (Wheel of Fortune, Timetwister, Memory Jar, Diminishing Returns) in combination with Narset, Parter of Veils and Hullbreacher.
- Mana Drain is good, but you may find it too slow if you make any of the above changes. It definitely does more work in a more control-oriented Storm deck with Narset, Parter of Veils, Dack Fayden, Grim Tutor, etc.
- Lastly, there's the question of Underworld Breach, Yawgmoth's Will, Monastery Mentor, or some combination of these. Underworld Breach will mean you can stay in two colors. Playing black for Yawgmoth's Will allows you to play Dark Ritual, Cabal Ritual, Yawgmoth's Bargain, Necropotence, Doomsday, Tendrils of Agony, and hardcasting Bolas's Citadel. Monastery Mentor both scales up and goes sideways. A single token is enough to kill someone combined with Paradoxical Outcome or a draw 7. Monastery Mentor is like casting Tarmogoyf and Empty the Warrens for three mana and one card.
Hope this helps! Welcome to MtG's oldest and greatest format.
Lup3rcal on A blight on the land - The Gitrog Monster
1 month ago
Things I might consider cutting:
Oblivion Crown - discard is nice but this one breaks as soon as the creature on it does - too flimsy.
Elvish Spirit Guide and Dark Ritual - let you do some pop off things if you draw the nuts, but unless you're winning with them I think they're not worth the card slot. Sure you can potentially turn two Gitrog, but unless you're set on that bucket list item, these wouldn't make the cut for me.
Putrid Imp - of your creature discard pieces, this one is the worst: no inherent upside for discard and can't even chump after you hit threshold. (I'm also squinting at Olivia's Dragoon; it's never going to contest anything important in the air so same concerns)
Riftsweeper - a glorified grizzly bear. It assuages the fear of losing a cool card to exile, but that card goes back to the library so you dont gain any card advantage from it. Unless your deck simply cannot function without one of the 99, riftsweeper doesnt help you win
Diabolic Intent and Ashnod's Altar - I don't see much in the way of token generation / reanimation, so these sac effects don't get great value IMO. yes, you can recycle a mana dork, but you may need those dorks to chump, and both cards are dead if your board has been damaged.
Triumph of the Hordes - similar to above, I don't see enough creatures/power in here for the payoff. You could pump the shit out of a Noose Constrictor, but Tainted Strike does the same at cheaper and instant speed. Arguably it lets the eldrazi titans one shot people but trust me, if you're swinging with those you're already winning.
Aetherflux Reservoir - doesn't seem useful outside of the citadel. Maybe you have more infinite combos turning this into a wincon, but I dont see them. But, I would be curious to see this playtested. Expect it to draw some aggro even if you're playing it "fairly".
Treasured Find - actually not awful, just curious why this over Eternal Witness or a similar dork
And suggested additions:
Abundance - let's you do the sick play of putting ALL LANDS IN YOUR DECK into your graveyard with the frog and a discard outlet then you have pure gas, and can reanimate the lands in any number of ways
World Shaper - no love for the land reanimator?
|Have (8)||reikitavi , Sakkes , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , Azdranax , gildan_bladeborn , metalmagic , mrkaczor , Galdelonian|
|Want (14)||TheBl0b , fibion101 , MarshCasualty , veritas723 , TheVirtualNomad , theyounghansolo , Zenaros , beesaurs , mrkaczor , Amaterasu312 , Aizakku , BushDidTheBastille , manphist449 , SweetTofu|