Choose one &mdash
- Counter target spell if it's blue.
- Destroy target permanent if it's blue.
|Have (3)||metalmagic , , PostContact|
|Want (3)||silver374 , Jebanator , adam1floyd3|
Printings View all
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Uncommon|
|Masters Edition (MED)||Common|
|Fifth Edition (5ED)||Uncommon|
|Ice Age (ICE)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Pyroblast occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.07%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.03%
1 week ago
@ByronTomas: Yes indeed, sometimes Footfall Crater can maybe be slow you down. It's in the testing phase. Maybe I'll change back to Ashling's Prerogative... Haste is good and also important, but most of the time ramp is the key. If I ramp fast enough, I get Narset out and have enough mana to protect her. At the beginning of playing Narset I overcomitted and wasted to much slots on haste. every noncreature card is a miss with Narset and in competetive, every suboptimal card can cost you the game, I cutted most of them and build in some counterspells to protect Narset. Yes sometimes they are a miss, too when I exile them with her, but some of them (like Pyroblast) also work from exile. Did you ever test Strionic Resonator? Probably not, because if you ever tested this card, you'll see how insane it is in this deck. You see 100% more cards with your Narset effect, like almost every time. I played the almost equivalent Mind's Desire like you, BUT the Resonator is a lot cheaper and repeatable.
1 week ago
Not bad, but you should play more interaction and more ramp instead of all the creature haste enablers. If you want to give your narset haste, then try Footfall Crater and Greaves. Play Pyroblast & Red Elemental Blast because they can protect your narset against countermagic and they are just better than normal counterspells, because if you exile them with Narset you have a target most of the time and not just a dead card. Please visit my decklist and share your thoughts: Narset cEDH
1 week ago
Very good list! But do you think Snapcaster Mage is worth to play a creature? If you really need recursion, I would rather play Not Forgotten because you can cast it when you reveal it with Narset. Same goes for Memory Lapse, Counterspell & Negate. Pyroblast, Red Elemental Blast and Narset's Reversal are just better because if you exile them with Narset you have a target most of the time and not just a dead card. Please visit my decklist and share your thoughts: Narset cEDH
2 weeks ago
Thanks for the comments. Glad you found it informative, which is the goal!
The reason Giver of Runes is excluded is exactly what you noted, cannot give itself protection, so it takes away the ability to block, and then for protection. It also means itself can be removed fairly easily.
In addition, once I have a Mother of Runes in play to protect Kaalia of the Vast or make her unblockable (by a single color), I don't want a duplication of that effect. Imagine a starting hand with 2x Mother of Runes, wouldn't be good.
Mother of Runes is certainly an optional choice as well, a well timed Silence into a haste Kaalia of the Vast can be more effective, and a Silence has better modularity. I like Mother of Runes because it breaks up the CMC for Silence which allows to go 1 turn earlier in some cases. Again it's subjective.
Easily could be subbed out for other synergy cards too, like a Children of Korlis to enable Razaketh, the Foulblooded or Doom Whisperer opening into Infinite win-con lines, or Thassa's Oracle interaction like Abeyance or Hushbringer. Even with Flash (Protean Hulk) banned, Thassa's Oracle + Tainted Pact or Demonic Consultation still require interaction. Evaluate if your losing because Kaalia of the Vast gets target removed, or if your losing because others are winning first, will help you decide if Mother of Runes and/or Giver of Runes is the right choice, or if you need a stronger interaction package like Red Elemental Blast/Pyroblast which I would highly recommend in a dominated format.
If you prefer Giver of Runes because you need the protection from Colorless, she can replace Mother of Runes, if you don't need that, then Mother of Runes has better modularity and protection. If your getting hit with target removal, double up and run both (or a Silence).
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
Spellshock - Antagonism - Sulfuric Vortex - Power Surge - Bulwark - Pyroblast - Red Elemental Blast - Flame Rift - Insult / Injury - Pulse of the Forge - Battle Strain - Collapsing Borders - Acidic Soil - Heat of Battle - Incendiary Command - AEther Flash - Devastate - Gratuitous Violence - Incite Rebellion - Citadel of Pain - Dictate of the Twin Gods - Manabarbs - Impatience - Burning Earth - Cave-In - Kyren Negotiations - Flame Fusillade - Pyrostatic Pillar - Ancient Runes - Rivalry
3 weeks ago
Im just Gold fishing abit with the Kalamax deck. not 100% satisfied. Feels like the deck needs abit more ramp and some cantrips.
Here's someother cards that im strongly concidering. -Aetherflux Reservoir -Brainstorm -Chandra's Ignition -Chord of Calling -Honor-Worn Shaku -Mission Briefing -Pyroblast -Radical Idea -Reap -Repeated Reverberation -Seedborn Muse -Tale's End -Thassa's Intervention -Whirlwind Denial
and some other just efficent tools 1x Ancient Grudge 1x Blue Sun's Zenith 1x Chemister's Insight 1x Commander's Sphere 1x Condescend 1x Counterspell 1x Cultivate 1x Dig Through Time 1x Fury Storm 1x Gamble 1x Guttersnipe 1x Insidious Will 1x Isochron Scepter 1x Ketria Triome 1x Lavabrink Floodgates 1x Lightning Greaves 1x Mission Briefing 1x Mizzix of the Izmagnus 1x Niblis of Frost 1x Opt 1x Return to Nature 1x Shark Typhoon 1x Simic Ascendancy 1x Smuggler's Copter 1x Spell Pierce 1x Starstorm 1x Stubborn Denial 1x Submerge 1x Supreme Will 1x Swarm Intelligence 1x Swiftfoot Boots 1x Turnabout 1x Whir of Invention 1x Wild Ricochet
plz let me know what changes u think seem right
3 weeks ago
I have been brewing Alesha in the competitive scene for over a year and playing in tournaments weekly. Here are my thoughts.
- Don't run lands that enter tapped in competitive. Don't run mana rocks that enter tapped in competitive.
- The Ravnica bounce lands are tempting, but they enter tapped. They also really hurt when your opponent plays Blood Moon or Back to Basics, both of which are competitive staples. They are also 2-for-1 on yourself when an opponent uses a Strip Mine or Wasteland.
- When you run this many combos to win, you risk drawing lower quality pieces during the game. For example, if you start with the A part of one combo, and the B part of another, then draw the A part of a third combo, you now have 3 cards that are dead in your hand. All of your combos except Kiki jiki + Bellringer require 3 pieces to function as well, and all 3 pieces are required on the board or in the yard to hit the combo. Requiring 3 pieces means its easier for an opponent to remove one or counter one while you are trying to get the combo assembled. You should consider cutting down on the number of combos you run to help you hit the better combos you already have, more reliably. My first cut for the combos would be the Anafenza combo, since it is not always 100% guaranteed to fire correctly.
- I highly recommend running all Thrill of Possibility Wild Guess Cathartic Reunion Tormenting Voice, they generate big card advantage by throwing away creatures you can recur easily with Alesha.
- I recommend re-evaluating your hate bears on the list for the current meta. Tomok does not stop the Gitrog/Dakmor combo, and is only hating out a small number of cards. Kataki is not actually stopping combos, just making them take longer to get to. Kambal stops storm decks, but most will be able to remove him, and storm decks are not in the meta right now. The scariest combo is Demonic Consultation + Thassa's Oracle. I recommend Rule of Law Ethersworn Canonist and Eidolon of Rhetoric, which accomplish slowing on most decks while also blocking the current fastest combo. You also have some other holes in your hatebear/stax plan. You don't have any way to remove graveyards, and you don't run very many "hard stop" effects, you run mostly tax and delay effects.
- I would add more interaction. Red Elemental Blast and Pyroblast are both relatively cheap in dollars and extremely effective. You will see blue in almost every competitive pod. On top of protecting your own cards from counterspells, they also get rid of scary cards like Rhystic Study and can stop Thassa's Oracle while its on the stack. I'd also recommend more removal in general. Check out Aura of Silence, it has a nice tax effect, removes two different permanent types, and recurs with Sun Titan.
- My last recommend is to acquire Imperial Recruiter. It layers your deck by being a one card out to finding a combo. Imperial Recruiter fetches Kiki jiki, kiki copies Recruiter to fetch Bellringer, Bellringer untaps Kiki to start the combo. It means if you only have 1 tutor in hand and 0 combo pieces, you can still find your entire combo by tutoring for Imperial Recruiter. Recruiter also fetches relevant hatebears in a pinch if you can't combo out yet. It also recurs off Alesha if you have sac outlets or any way to kill it.