Lol thanks for all the upvotes was not expecting that many notifications
September 29, 2021 10:17 p.m.
I had no idea anybody liked anything I posted on here. I've always been ignored, argued with, told off, downplayed or insulted. Not just on here, but everywhere I go to speak about MTG. Be it an LGS, a Facebook group, Reddit or wherever.
So... thanks, I guess. It's nice to hear, for once.
September 26, 2021 4:23 a.m.
Why so many upvotes, man? I appreciate them all but that must have been a lot of time to upvote nearly everything I have public...
September 26, 2021 3:03 a.m.
Thanks for the upvotes fren. I've got a few others I saved on Word to copy and paste later.
September 25, 2021 7:10 p.m.
Please login to comment
I have an Elf Tribal Deck held by Freyalise. I have the list on tappedout, although its slightly inaccurate. Also don't know how trading/selling would work as I've only maybe purchased one card on this site many years ago. Only card I know for sure I removed from the deck is Glimpse of Nature.
October 20, 2021 6:49 p.m.
Yes you did, thank you :)
- How have your 1-2 CMC mana dorks been treating you? I understand their purpose is to ramp out commander earlier than T4-5. I've always been hesitant about adding them in my build due to their fragility. I've opted for the slower yet safer land ramping in the form of Cultivate, Kodama's, Nissa Pilgrimage, etc.... What I'm asking is, if you don't draw them early game, doesn't it kind of suck? Or is the fragility and late game draw potential outweighed by the potential of ramping out your commander more aggressively to apply pressure?
- What is the primary purpose of Noxious revival? Is it to mess up opposing reanimation or for your own recursion?
- What is the primary purpose of Shadowspear?
October 18, 2021 3:48 p.m.
If I were to make my Xenagos deck more "competitive," this list would be a pretty solid reference. I do have a couple questions regarding card choices...
- Ragavan, Nimble Pilferer - Used in early game for treasure and maybe late game for a random card? How impactful has this card been for you?
- Beanstalk Giant - A big beater with no trample or a less impactful ramp spell. While the flexibility is nice, which side do yo use more often? I can see you using him as a means to capitalize on draw like life's legacy and what not. But is the flexibility really worth it?
- Tireless Provisioner - Treasure producer. How impactful is it in a non-land's build?
- Cavern of Souls - Is this just for Xenagos, or dragons?
- Utopia Sprawl/Wild Growth - I've genuinely thought of adding these into my own deck. But with single use LD in my meta, it wouldn't work well. How much LD is prevalent in your meta?
- Gamble - I've always lost the card I gambled away. What do you generally gamble for? A beater, a draw spell? How often do you whiff on it?
- Chandra's Ignition - How often do you have your beater remain on board after you pass your turn? Unless it's something like Carnage Tyrant, I feel many people would 2 for 1 you. Unless this is to get around Maze of Ith, how has this played for you? Is spot removal rampant in your meta like mine?
October 17, 2021 2:57 p.m.
I guess thats what I get for commenting late at night, I could have sworn it was in this list but I'm mistaken. The cards I mentioned don't make them elementals, just creatures. I love that strategy and figured it could be useful but I respect your decisions regarding your thought process. Thank you for taking the time to explain it to me. Looking forward to how this deck comes together.
Still curious what you think of cutting fiery emancipation and mina and den
October 12, 2021 7:10 p.m.
I read your description and your update. I wish I could +1 this again, but then the 69 wouldn't be there anymore. I also love the low avg cmc despite several high CMC cards in the deck.
Regarding your update, you asked for a potential cut for Perilous Forays to come back in the deck. Fiery Emancipation seems like the easiest cut for me. It costs 6 mana, doesn't do anything the turn it comes down and is very much winmore - Helps when you're ahead, does nothing if you are behind. Reading the above comments, it seems you don't want perilous back in the deck. While not an entirely serious suggestion given you already have sylvan awakening, Rude Awakening is definitely worth looking into if your deck description is accurate where you can cast your commander over and over again. At worst, its a ritual. At best, it allows Cradle to tap for massive mana and is another enabler for Shamanic Revelation. It can also just beatdown for the win late game.
Another potential cut is Mina and Den. How often do you need trample? Do you really need the redundancy given Garruk's Uprising? If you were to cut it for an equal CMC card like Kamahl’s Will, I feel you would be better served. Acting as an additional outlet for cradle, shamanic revelation all while providing removal. Best part is that the lands are indestructible (just like sylvan awakening but with so much more benefit for 1 more mana, instant speed too!). You could cut Sylvan awakening if you really feel Mina and Den is necessary to push damage through.
To further field of the dead and ramp out your commander even faster (after 1 commander death tax), or just other creatures, have you considered Castle Garenbrig? Or does the potential of being tapped turn you off to it? If it does, another card to consider is Yavimaya, Cradle of Growth. It makes ancient tomb (so you don't take damage) tap for 1 green, cradle for 1 green if you don't have creatures (after a wipe) and allows your fetches to tap for mana perhaps you don't wanna shuffle (due to your topdeck knowledge like Oracle of Muldaya)
Pushing the envelope a little, Deserted Temple is good synergy with cradle, untap opposing land for politics, or untap yavimaya protection land for additional protection from removal
I would cut Valakuts awakening for Augur of Autumn - Valakut doesn't draw you cards and augur allows you to play lands off the top, potentially creatures too.
Be sure to let me know what you think of each suggestion
October 11, 2021 7:02 p.m.
This is....I have no words. Absolutely sickening that they wouldn't even provide you with the proper preventative measure or at the very least inform you. I'm so sorry to hear of your struggles.
Have you tried traditional means of alleviating your pain? If not traditional, then maybe untraditional (weed, homeopathic, etc...)? Being in pain sucks and I wish you nothing but the best <3
October 9, 2021 9 p.m.
- Regular = Mana sink - With infinite mana, you can get every creature from your deck and cast them at instant speed with your commander
- Flip = Cost reducer
Am I understanding the above correctly based on your description? Assuming yes, how has duskwatcher and his flipped counterpart been working for you? I would have never imagined to see it in a list like yours. What I'm getting at is, doesn't he feel unimpactful until you have infinite mana? Sure, the cost reducing is kind of nice, but is the potential mana sink and cost reducer really worth it? How often do you need cost reducing? How often do you consistently acquire infinite mana?
October 9, 2021 4:02 p.m.
I personally like worldbreaker, although for a very competitive build, he doesn't fit, depends what you're going for. As previously stated, I like Worldbreaker because it to search for either Kozilek to refill my hand or Ulamog for additional removal. With sanctum, worldbreaker becomes another eldrazi tutor. For me, I dump my hand quickly so I need to restock. Worldbreaker is also nice just to recur over and over again.
I dont think jewled lotus is necessary for this build for the reasons you mentioned before. I would swap it for something more functional
October 8, 2021 9:27 p.m.
What is the point of having snow basics over regular?
October 8, 2021 2:28 p.m.
Got you, I was also commenting late with a nightlight filter on the computer. Makes it harder to see certain things.
October 6, 2021 1:15 p.m.
You mention in a previous comment...
"interactions in the maybe board" "Earthcraft might become viable with the addition of Kamahl’s Will. Turns my cards doing nothing into resources. Tempted to try this"
October 6, 2021 2:31 a.m.
October 6, 2021 1:39 a.m.
Earth craft + Kamahl's will does not work. Earthcraft untaps basic lands. Just because you make your lands forest, doesn't mean they are basic
October 6, 2021 12:29 a.m.
I am so glad your changes are working! Mind telling us the opposing commanders you faced? I'm trying to get an understanding of your meta.
I know you love murdering dorks, but how often do opponents use artifact ramp to bypass Contamination? I know you have artifact removal but I'm curious. Or is more testing needed?
October 5, 2021 2:31 p.m.
Friendshamiam — BudgetMTGDecks — r3d9292 — VenumBlade — Epochalyptik — gothrek — enpc — sirbar — Dredgar — KillDatBUG — adx213 — pmansmoney — Daedalus19876 — Newgeneric — Mordamen — greyninja — Ryoukai — Kamerot — DemonDragonJ — Balaam__ — TypicalTimmy — natedawgg3432
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 19 | 6 COMMENTS | 638 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 26 | 35 COMMENTS | 1554 VIEWS | IN 3 FOLDERS
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 22 | 26 COMMENTS | 2283 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 33 | 22 COMMENTS | 1654 VIEWS | IN 3 FOLDERS
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 57 | 46 COMMENTS | 6604 VIEWS | IN 5 FOLDERS
|Playing since||Magic 2013|
|Avg. deck rating||14.83|
|Favorite formats||Commander / EDH|
|Suppressed formats||Standard, Legacy, Pre-release, Vintage, Modern, Pauper, Casual, Quest Magic, Block Constructed, Limited, Tiny Leaders, Penny Dreadful, Leviathan, Brawl, Arena, Oathbreaker, Oldschool 93/94, Pioneer, Gladiator|
|Cards suggested / good suggestions||1642 / 874|
|Last activity||4 days|