Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Icon of Ancestry
As Icon of Ancestry enters the battlefield, choose a creature type.
Creatures you control of the chosen type get +1/+1.
, : Look at the top three cards of your library. You may reveal a creature card of the chosen type from among them and put it into your hand. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order.
1 month ago
Always lovely to see treefolk tribal :)
Lignify is a really cool removal option that fits right into the flavor you already have established here. I especially like it against other commanders since it’s one of the few ways to effectively remove them without giving your opponents an option to return it back to the command zone.
In general I find tribal tough to build uniquely since so many of the anthem effects are expensive, highly used artifacts like Coat of Arms, Door of Destinies, Herald's Horn, Obelisk of Urd, Vanquisher's Banner, Icon of Ancestry, all of which I’m guessing you wouldn’t be interested in.
Belbe's Portal is kinda neat and I don’t see often; flavorfully, it doesn’t really match but mechanically it might synergize?
2 months ago
Hi! First off, fun concept.
That said, I'm seeing that this deck struggles to come back from cards like Wrath of God or Settle the Wreckage. You can help buff your resilience to this one of two ways; having competent counter plays such as Counterspell, Heroic Intervention, and Teferi's Protection. Or you can have some ways to keep your hand full, such as Deep Analysis, Harmonize, or Chemister's Insight.
Also worth considering since you're running so many elves are the high-quality tribal cards like Urza's Incubator, Herald's Horn or Icon of Ancestry. There are many cards like these, some better than others. Consider running a search for Choose a Creature Type as text to find others.
Best of luck!
2 months ago
I am looking to improve my card draw for my flash/Flicker Dragon deck using Renari, Merchant of Marvels and Dragon Cultist I feel like I have a good amount of ramp but I struggle with consistent card draw. The only ones that I have that can really help that I have so far are Icon of Ancestry Iymrith, Desert Doom Kindred Discovery Loch Dragon Rhystic Study Vanquisher's Banner If there are more cards that can help with some good card draw I am love the suggestions. The deck list is below
3 months ago
or to keep the curve lower cut a Summoning for an Heirloom Blade as it give a big boost to a creature and when it dies you get a peudo Summoning effect that's repeatable. Icon of Ancestry does the same as blade but boost all your badgers though for a smaller amount and you don't need a badger to die to activate it's effect
4 months ago
Hi king-saproling! Thanks for the suggestions! I guess I'll give some thoughts in as orderly a way as I can.
1) Coat of Arms I love this card and play it in a couple of my decks. My thoughts are that, though a great tribal card, it caters more to pumping weenies. In this case Giada pumps our weenies just fine, and the card is a bit redundant. At 5 mana in mono-white its also a bit high for this deck, but it is a great card and I could see maybe someone having success with it.
2) Icon of Ancestry I really like this card on release, but didn't enjoy it too much in other decks in commander (it was a decent Brawl card when that was a thing). 3 mana is a lot to look for a card that you might never draw, and it can be unsatisfying to play it. The anthem could be good in other context, but this deck doesn't really need it.
3) Adaptive Automaton and other changelings. My general thought on these is that I'd rather just play real angels. While they changelings get counters, they don't fly, and flying makes them way more threatening. If there were a shortage of angels I'd consider putting them in, but I'd rather add Angelic Curator than Impostor of the Sixth Pride. That being said, Giada is weenie angels, and I could see a case for Universal Automaton and Metallic Mimic based on cmc value alone. I'm not sure I could fit them in here, but they are the better options of this group!
4) Slate of Ancestry is a really interesting draw option. Its a bit mana intensive to get going, but it could provide the burst draw this deck needs more of. I'll definitely consider it!
5) Urza's Incubator is a great card, there's no doubt about it. I wouldn't question it in anyone's list! As for me, three of my ramp cards discount creatures, and Giada can only ramp angels, so I need more ramp that can put lands in play or at least help me cast non-creature, non-white stuff. If I already had this in my binder and it wasn't $50 in real world money (I own all my decks in paper), I might consider it. But I think my ramp is working now. That being said, by all means play it because its great!
6) Cauldron of Souls This is good protection from sweepers, and the counters are effectively negated. Nice! I'll definitely consider it.
7) Adarkar Valkyrie This is a good effect, but Cauldron does it better, and Twilight Shepherd is probably a better option. That being said, its a halfway decent angel but I probably won't do it myself.
4 months ago
Thoughts on these? Metallic Mimic, Universal Automaton, Impostor of the Sixth Pride, Urza's Incubator, Slate of Ancestry, Cauldron of Souls, Adarkar Valkyrie, Adaptive Automaton, Icon of Ancestry, Coat of Arms
5 months ago
I don't agree about Jodah, Archmage Eternal or Fist of Suns. I think both of those cards actually hurt your deck instead of help it. Your mana costs are not high enough for replacing them with WUBRG. Neither of those cards brings what Morophon, the Boundless does to the table. I would dump Fist of Suns for Fellwar Stone or something like Cryptolith Rite. Even Birds of Paradise or something similar is a way better card for this deck than either of those. I would dump Winged Boots for Lightning Greaves. Haste is better than flying and shroud is better than ward.
You have way too few slivers in your deck to "Swarm" anyone. Let alone a table full of opponents. Your deck also has a lot of cards that are targeted creature removal. I would dump a lot of that removal for adding quality slivers that provide removal or create removal for you. Take a hard look at your sorceries and instants and see if there is a sliver that does the same thing. Then replace that card with the appropriate sliver. You also need more card advantage to refill your hand once you start slamming slivers down. You can combo using your mana slivers, Intruder Alarm and cards like Vanquisher's Banner. With those cards in play, every time you cast a sliver you will draw a card and untap your slivers which can let you chain through your library in no time.
For more card advantage and more slivers I would suggest the looking to add some of the following depending on your budget; Herald's Horn, Icon of Ancestry, Cryptic Gateway, Descendants' Path, Guardian Project, Kindred Discovery, and The Great Henge. Since you don't have Sliver Queen you can make more slivers with Maskwood Nexus or Birthing Boughs. Realmwalker is another great card. Adding 4-6 of some of these will really speed your deck up.
Good slivers to replace sorceries, instants or land you take out:
Necrotic Sliver, Essence Sliver, Two-Headed Sliver, Fury Sliver, Belligerent Sliver, Galerider Sliver, Bonescythe Sliver, Venom Sliver, Syphon Sliver, Diffusion Sliver, Hibernation Sliver, Brood Sliver, Crypt Sliver, Blur Sliver, Opaline Sliver, Toxin Sliver, Tempered Sliver.
You don't have to use all of these but some of them are insanely good like Necrotic Sliver. You don't need any removal spells if you have a bunch of slivers and this one in play.
10 months ago
My first deck was a creature-based deck too. In general, in EDH they aren't good. Basically every deck is prepared for you and every deck runs boardwipes. You absolutely need boardwipe protection/recursion. Teferi's Protection and Heroic Intervention are good starts, but I don't really see much else you can use.
Additionally, you'll to adjust your manabase. A good rule of thumb is 45-50 total mana sources. That can be artifacts, lands, dorks, anything you want, but two-mana artifact ramp is excellent and plentiful. Sol Ring, Selesnya Signet, the G/W diamonds, Coldsteel Heart, Mind Stone, Commander's Sphere, Pristine Talisman, Heraldic Banner, Everflowing Chalice, and Talisman of Unity are all good options. You just really want to be able to make your land drops, you'll almost always have something to do with the mana (especially if you also have mana sinks). You also want to look at a bunch of utility lands. 30 basics is a lot for a dual-color deck. Off the top of my head, Oran-Rief, the Vastwood, Thriving Grove, Thriving Heath, Canopy Vista, and the G/W life land are all budget okay options.
For wolf/general tribal support, there's Vanquisher's Banner, Coat of Arms, Adaptive Automaton, and Icon of Ancestry are all good. Maybe even Herald's Horn. If you want changelings, there's an exhaustive list of them in a deck here on tappedout, The Bones To Build Your Tribal Deck
I'm pretty new to Commander as well, so I'm no expert on how this deck will run or even if my suggestions are good. Those are just my thoughts.