Target creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn for each Swamp you control.
|Want (2)||TechnicalSaturn , shamas889|
Printings View all
|Modern Horizons (MH1)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
1 week ago
Hey, already been suggested, but Vilis is amazing with Erebos. It's also amazing with K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth because then you're drawing cards when paying Phyrexian mana (life) for black spells you cast. Vilis is a big upgrade for Harvester of Souls .
Some other upgrades to consider:
- Necropotence > Dark Prophecy
- Sol Ring > Vedalken Orrery
- Viscera Seer > Undercity Informer
- Dark Ritual > Weaponcraft Enthusiast
- Crypt Ghast > Revel in Riches
- Soldevi Adnate > Pilgrim's Eye
- Sidisi, Undead Vizier > Pitiless Plunderer
- Buried Alive > Vampiric Rites
- Animate Dead > Cadaver Imp
- Apprentice Necromancer > Whisper, Blood Liturgist
- Plaguecrafter > Merciless Executioner
- Murderous Rider > Murder
- Defile > Doom Blade
Good luck with your deck.
1 week ago
Initially looking at the list there are too many lands. I would say cut down to 36 or 37. Your mana curve is mainly 3 drops so 45 lands is too many. You don't need Unknown Shores and Evolving Wilds since you are mono black. Cutting those lands frees up 8 or 9 extra card slots.
Instead of Hex, I suggest Plague Wind and/or In Garruk's Wake as they are better board wipes (better to have more than one piece of board wipe). Mutilate is an interesting option since you are running a lot of swamps. Or use all Snow-Covered Swamp and try playing Dead of Winter .
Another tutor to consider is Mausoleum Secrets . I've always wanted to play this card but don't run many black decks that can take use of it.
Lightning Greaves would be a good addition to the deck. Gives your commander haste and lets you use its tap ability right away. Plus the protection of opponents not being able to target it.
If you want another cheeky option, I think Thornbite Staff goes infinite with your commander. Equip to your commander, use your commander's ability to sacrifice a rat, the staff untaps your commander, then your commander's ability resolves. Rinse and repeat xD
If you want to lean heavier into the creatures who make your opponents discard theme (by swapping out a current creature as 37 is already pretty high), Sadistic Hypnotist is a brutal card ;)
2 weeks ago
1 month ago
Hey, nice start and budget version of Krrik.
Budget upgrades to consider:
- Phyrexian Reclamation > Soul Conduit
- Bontu's Monument > Ur-Golem's Eye
- Bubbling Muck > Paradise Plume
- Defile > Tendrils of Corruption
- Mutilate > Sisay's Ring
- Reliquary Tower > Radiant Fountain
- Read the Bones > Ambition's Cost
- Night's Whisper > Ancient Craving
- Succumb to Temptation > Blood Tithe
Reclamation I think is the number one card to consider adding since it's a one drop that can repeatedly recur Magus of the Mirror or Gray Merchant of Asphodel . Monument would be second since reducing the colorless mana cost of creatures really helps make Phyrexian mana even more mana efficient. With all the card draw especially Necropotence and Greed Reliquary is a helpful land to keep all the cards you draw. Good luck with your deck.
multimedia on Konrad
1 month ago
Hey, nice budget version of mono black.
Budget cards to consider adding:
- Buried Alive : tutor for three creatures and reanimation enabler. Good with Golgari Thug and Bloodghast , etc.
- Phyresis : enchant Konrad and any damage he does to your opponents is poison counters instead of normal damage. A player only needs 20 poison counters to lose the game which is easier to do then having to do 40 or more damage to each opponent.
- Altar of Dementia : sac outlet, repeatable self mill, repeatable opponent mill, does it all just by sacing a creature.
- Mausoleum Secrets : instant tutor.
- Viscera Seer and/or Carrion Feeder : one mana sac outlets.
- Defile : one mana instant creature removal.
- Mutilate : four drop board wipe.
- Victimize : reanimation.
- Bojuka Bog : exile an opponents graveyard.
Cards to consider cutting:
- 2x Swamp
- Vicious Rumors
- Eye Collector
- Pit Keeper
- Hedonist's Trove
- Soul of Innistrad
- Urgoros, the Empty One
- Davriel, Rogue Shadowmage