If you would gain life, you gain twice that much life instead.
If you would draw a card except the first one you draw in each of your draw steps, draw two cards instead.
|Have (2)||metalmagic ,|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Alhammarret's Archive occurrence in decks from the last year
- Does Alhammarret's Archive's effect count for every card drawn after the first card?
- How Does Alhammarret's Archive React With Additional Draws at Draw Step?
- Interaction Between Alhammarret's Archive and Kozilek, the Great Distortion
- How does Alhammarret's Archive work with multiple card draws?
- does alhammarret's archive affect providence
Latest Decks as Commander
Alhammarret's Archive Discussion
2 weeks ago
BTW how has Alhammarret's Archive felt? I haven't had a chance to test it out. At first read it seems like it could be great or it could be slow and do nothing. I've leaned away from it just because it doesn't do anything without other cards to actually enable it, but I'm curious if it's been good for you.
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
Would Alhammarret's Archive ever be worth running? I know it's clunky at 5 CmC but it would let you reliably storm off.
Aria of Flame is another storm win condition you could run if you wanted to find more storm pay offs.
1 month ago
Hi there! I've been playing around with 2 mono-white EDH decks for a while. You can see how I solved some of the biggest problems white has in them:
The things I see you can easily add to help for ramp are:
- Lotus Field
- Isolated Watchtower
- Terrain Generator - use extra mana you have on your opponents' end steps to drop a land before your turn
- Settle the Wreckage - this works if you can make a bunch of tokens, swing with them, then exile your own tokens to put a ton of lands into play
- Sol Ring And you already have Sword of the Animist, which is the best ramp mono-white can use tbh.
For card draw you can use these:
- Dawn of Hope - white's best draw engine
- Skullclamp - Clamp your tokens to draw two
- Sram, Senior Edificer - You're a bit light on Artifacts and Enchantments to get full use out of him but he's still pretty great if you need a draw engine and white does pretty good at protecting its creatures
- Endless Atlas
- Seer's Sundial
- Well of Lost Dreams
- Alhammarret's Archive
- Staff of Nin
1 month ago
Aetherflux Reservoir for something to do with high life totals.
Alhammarret's Archive Like gaining life? Gain double that amount. Not great in mono white due to lack of card draw but still pretty good.
2 months ago
Cards to maybe add
3 months ago
I actually have Hurkyl's Recall, Rebuild, and Displacement Wave in my maybe cards to try and slot in (Displacement wave is actually a secret tech for this deck lol, because you can cast it for 3-4 and leave all the cards above that casting cost). If you have any thoughts on what i could cut to slot in some of these cards i would greatly appreciate the input. I'm afraid I'm too attached to the cards that I'm running in this list to make effective cuts. The main reason I'm not running them currently is because they interfere with the cost reducing artifacts, Isochron Scepter, and the big artists like Alhammarret's Archive but if i can find the room for them I'll definitely make the room
I greatly appreciate the upvote and you saying it's a stood build, I've been working on it for around a month now, give or take, and I've put some real money into the deck (mostly on Sensei's Divining Top lol)
4 months ago
Tomorrow is so neat. Possessed Portal is strong with him (you'll get cards thanks to Tom's replacement effect while your opps won't) though it'd definitely draw hate haha.
You might consider these too: Uba Mask (similar to Possessed Portal; only poops on opps while Tom is out), Shared Fate, Zur's Weirding, Temple Bell, Geth's Grimoire, Jace's Archivist, Windfall, Teferi's Ageless Insight, Alhammarret's Archive, Thought Reflection, Worn Powerstone (gets Tom out on turn 4), Coalition Relic, Venser, Shaper Savant