Creature — Dinosaur
Creature spells you cast cost less to cast.
Whenever another creature enters the battlefield under your control, Marauding Raptor eals 2 damage to it. If a Dinosaur is dealt damage this way, Marauding Raptor gets +2/+0 until end of turn.
Combos Browse all
- Atla Palani, Nest Tender + Marauding Raptor
- Marauding Raptor + Trapjaw Tyrant
- Marauding Raptor + Polyraptor
- Impact Tremors + Marauding Raptor + Polyraptor
- Marauding Raptor + Polyraptor + Purphoros, God of the Forge
- Marauding Raptor + Polyraptor + Warstorm Surge
- Marauding Raptor + Polyraptor + Zacama, Primal Calamity
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Marauding Raptor occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Marauding Raptor Discussion
4 days ago
How about Marauding Raptor? I've had a lot of fun with that recently.
1 week ago
Saccox, it's more of a Flameshadow Conjuring deck + giants, but I get your idea. Mana ramp is the most important part of getting this deck to work and it doesn't help that red is such a weird 'ramp' color. I might drop Crystalline Giant,Marauding Raptor, or Stinkdrinker Daredevil if I get better alternatives for ramp. Maybe in Kaldheim?
I'm also mostly limiting my search to find mana sources built on creatures, since Flameshadow Conjuring. I may prefer a great tribal mana rock if it were cmc 2, since it would get my 3rd turn up to my key cards of cmc 4.
1 month ago
This is a great starting point!
I have found this, my Dinosaur Hub/Primer to work best for me. I would heavily suggest putting Marauding Raptor back in. Its better than Knight of the Stampede in most ways and allows for an early Ghlata, sometimes on Turn 3 with Raptor Hatchling for a total reduction of 10 all costing a single !
I have moved away from that line of play right now but its still on the back burner and definitely hard to deal with/recover from.
With all the pinging you've got, try 4 Ranging Raptors and Ripjaw Raptor. That has been my bread and butter ramp/draw for years now and I'm sure it would serve you well, especially with Forerunner of the Empire.
Rampaging Ferocidon Has been fantastic and goes along well with a great agressive game plan. Great to shut down various decks and good in multiples.
1 month ago
I don’t see Marauding Raptor anywhere. Am I missing something?
1 month ago
[email protected]_only: Thank you for the suggestions! Definitely some neat stuff there. I had already been thinking about a few of them, like Corrupted Grafstone, but not having a reliable way to make sure it'll generate mana kept me from adding it. Some of the others area lready in my maybeboard or were just not very budget friendly. But there are some I'm definitely gonna throw in the maybeboard for when I can afford them! And I'll be sure to post updates :)
Peoyogon: Thank you!! The Orrery seems a bit too risky for me, I think, especially if I end up playing all my lands and then it's just the opponents getting the benefit. Kyren Toy sure is a weird card! Being able to produce additional mana is definitely something I'd want out of a 3-drop mana rock. Earthquake is pretty great, but I'm struggling to find room for more interaction, plus it kills all my mana dorks. I guess that's not as much of a problem if I'm using it late game, but it's still some thing to keep in mind.
Honestly, the mana dorks do come with some annoying restrictions haha. Like not using Earthquake effects and not being able to run Marauding Raptor. I think I can see myself replacing them with 2-cost rocks in the future once I can afford to get all the pricier ones.
2 months ago
Hey, nice first budget version of Gishath. Good job on the win.
Some budget cards to consider adding:
- Command Tower: staple Rainbow land.
- Arcane Signet: staple Rainbow mana rock.
- Garruk's Uprising: repeatable draw and give creatures you control trample.
- Rhythm of the Wild: makes Gishath uncounterable, can be a haste enabler or a +1/+1 counter effect to offset Forerunner of the Empire/Rampaging Ferocidon/Marauding Raptor.
- Apex Altisaur: repeatable creature removal with enrage fight and it fights when it ETB.
- Deathgorge Scavenger: repeatable graveyard hate is helpful in Commander.
- Three Visits: another two drop land ramp spell that can get a dual land.
- Exotic Orchard: staple Rainbow land.
- Path of Ancestry: staple Rainbow land, repeatable scry with Dinos.
Several of these cards are in Commander Legends, the new Magic set just released. The prices of these cards will be decreasing.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Vivid Meadow
- Temple of Abandon
- Temple of Plenty
- Grow from the Ashes
- Migration Path
- Vanquisher's Banner: repeatable draw from casting Dinos is not as good as draw that triggers when a creature you control ETB. Banner doesn't trigger when Dinos are cheated onto the battlefield and doesn't trigger when a Dino token is created.
- Whispersilk Cloak
- Burning Sun's Avatar
- Thundering Spineback
Good luck with your deck.
2 months ago
Also, Marauding Raptor is GREAT, especially with Ranging Raptors.
Pyrohemia + Ranging Raptors is an ABSURD ramp engine.
With Ranging Raptors, you can easily be ramping 1-2 lands every turn for incredibly small investments. Probably the best dinosaur engine out there.