Creature — Nightmare
Fiend Artisan gets +1/+1 for each creature card in your graveyard.
, : Sacrifice another creature: Search your library for a creature card with converted mana cost X or less, put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library. Activate this ability only at any time you could cast a sorcery.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Fiend Artisan occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Fiend Artisan Discussion
1 week ago
This deck is so nice. Mutate is a weird mechanic, at least in my play circle. Only thing I missed here is ways to sacrifice your own cards, as you can exploit getin' 'em back. Phyrexian Tower , Phyrexian Altar , Fiend Artisan , Birthing Pod or even Yawgmoth, Thran Physician could work nice in this deck. Also, Solemn Simulacrum and Sakura-Tribe Elder can help this deck to ramp faster, specially in combination with Luminous Broodmoth . The demon-goat-cat-thing commander is heavy on mana with his mutate ability. You also can put some "death traps" there and here. Caustic Caterpillar for example. It works very well with the reanimation mechanics. I would take out Sylvan Caryatid , the Defender is a trap, and you can't use Mutate on humans, so Slippery Bogbonder also don't fit. Bassara Tower Archer , Gladecover Scout and Paradise Druid are cheaper options for Hexproof. You will need Hexproof. Nethroi is a huge menace, specially when starts to absorb creatures.
Anyway, good job.
4 weeks ago
Legion Angel isn't the best payoff that you can put in this deck. Ill rather pick another explosive big payoff creature like I mentioned above. Immersturm Predator is doing nuts in my version of offspring's revenge in arena. Im just sacrificing my either Acquisitions Expert or Basri's Lieutenant for value later on in offspring's revenge. Also, if you're going to Burning-Rune Demon , will you consider replacing it with Gravebreaker Lamia with lesser mana cost and more survivability yet still the same ability?
As for rankle, I would just go 3 copies of it replacing the lilianas. I can see her more as a sideboard card against dedicated control decks. Rankle can do damage, discard your big payoff card and draw another card. Also, selecting your sideboard depends on your local metagame or decks that you usually encounter in MTG Arena.
...or go Yorion just like everybody else lol...Since you love to self mill cards and Dimir rogues are in the current metagame, it goes into your favor. Just add more boardwipes like Doomskar and Shatter the Sky if you're worried with go wide decks.
Hope these advices help you more refining your deck.
4 weeks ago
You might like these: Changeling Outcast , Tormented Soul , Diabolic Revelation , Genesis Wave , Fiend Artisan , Hurricane , Canopy Surge , Howling Gale , Lim-Dul's Hex , Squall Line , Herald of Leshrac , Sandstone Oracle , Void Winnower , Ezuri's Predation , Finale of Eternity , Praetor's Counsel
1 month ago
TIL that emojis aren't parsed properly by TappedOut even though they appear fine in the preview! Let's try again...
I've found this list really helpful whilst drafting decks over the last few years, thanks for putting it together! :) Judging by the 400,000 views that this has had I'm guessing I'm not the only person who feels that way :D
Since this list hasn't been updated since pre-WAR, I thought I'd put together a pretty comprehensive list of all tutors released since then (including all of the tutors mentioned in the comments above). Hopefully putting it in one place will make it easier to update! Note - as per the list you've curated, I've excluded any tutors that fetch specific cards (e.g. Yanling's Harbinger ) or basic lands. I've also left off the card types and colours since there's already enough text in the comment and it can be seen from the preview. Right - on with the list!
CARD: TUTOR FOR - ANY COMMENTS/SUGGESTED CATEGORIES
- Axgard Armory : Aura or Equipment - to hand
- Boggart Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Burning-Rune Demon : Anything - to hand, to graveyard
- Chandra, Heart of Fire : Instants/Sorceries - jump through hoops, to cast
- Coveted Prize : Anything - to hand, (jump through hoops) to cast
- Deathbellow War Cry : Creature - tutor by creature type, to battlefield
- Divining Witch : Anything - jump through hoops, to hand
- Dwarven Recruiter : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Elvish Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Elvish Reclaimer : Land - to battlefield
- Emergent Ultimatum : Anything - tutor by name, to cast
- Enigmatic Incarnation : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Fabled Passage : Land - to battlefield
- Faerie Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Fiend Artisan : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Finale of Devastation : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Garruk, Unleashed : Creature - jump through hoops, to battlefield
- Giant Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Golos, Tireless Pilgrim : Land - to battlefield
- Gravebreaker Lamia : Anything - to graveyard
- Guided Passage : Anything - jump through hoops
- Ignite the Beacon : Planeswalker - to hand
- Jester's Cap : Anything - to exile
- Kaho, Minamo Historian : Instant - jump through hoops, to exile
- Kithkin Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Magda, Brazen Outlaw : Artifact or Dragon - tutor by type, to battlefield, jump through hoops
- Magus of the Order : Creature - tutor by colour, to battlefield
- Merrow Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Mythos of Brokkos : Anything - jump through hoops, to graveyard, to hand
- Nahiri, the Harbinger : Artifact/Creature - jump through hoops, to battlefield
- Neoform : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Nylea's Intervention : Land, to hand
- Pyre of Heroes : Creature - jump through hoops, tutor by type and CMC, to battlefield
- Quest for the Holy Relic : Equipment - to battlefield, jump through hoops
- Reshape the Earth : Land - to battlefield
- Rootless Yew : Creature - tutor by POW or TOU, to hand
- Scheming Symmetry : Anything - to top of library
- Shared Summons : Creature - to hand
- The World Tree : Creature - tutor by creature type, to battlefield
- Treefolk Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Ulvenwald Hydra : Land - to battlefield
- Varragoth, Bloodsky Sire : Anything - to top of library
- Vivien, Monsters' Advocate : Creature - jump through hoops, tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Wishclaw Talisman : Anything - to hand
It wasn't entirely clear to me what categories the below cards should go under since they search for specific card subtypes:
- Opposition Agent : ??? (This sort of counts as a 'tutor your opponents decks' card!)
- Runed Crown : Rune - 'searches for tribal cards'?
- Runeforge Champion : Rune - 'searches for tribal cards'?
- Sanctum of All : Shrines - 'searches for tribal cards'?
- Search for Glory : Snow/legendary/saga - could go under a few sections?
- Spirit of the Aldergard : Land - 'searches for tribal cards'?
Seeing as the three creators of this list haven't been on TappedOut in at least 8 months I'm guessing that this comment won't go anywhere, but at least it's all in one place for people to search for later. I'm happy to help maintain and update this list if I'm given access. (If I haven't heard back in a couple of months then I might look at creating a copy of this list and linking it here for anyone looking for an up-to-date list of tutors.)
1 month ago
I've found this list really helpful whilst drafting decks over the last few years, thanks for putting it together!
1 month ago
1 month ago
Hi Jagd_Tallgeese, nice Meren deck, and very different to the basic decklist many people usually have, keep it going!!!
I also play Meren of Clan Nel Toth since it came out in 2015, (but just the normal Meren sacrifice engine toolbox version)
Important things I see you could improve to make the deck more efficient while keeping your original infect version. For example, Commander's Sphere may look OK in any other deck, but what if you change it for something like Dawntreader Elk or Wood Elves ? you will ramp too, but also can use those creatures as sacrifice fodder, recover them from the graveyard... same with Go for the Throat , instead you could use a creature like Ravenous Chupacabra , and abuse of it dying and returning multiple times... and so with as much as non creature cards in the deck. Some like the altars are awesome, you should keep them. Also, remember that you are running cards like Living Dead, you should abuse of as many creatures as posible, to reanimate tons of them!
Maybe my deck can help you, I keep in mind you want an Infect build, so just take ideas in the non infect part of the deck (ramp/removal/card draw, etc): MEREN: THE NATURE'S CYCLE OF LIFE AND DEATH
Now, thinking on infect, you could add the new Vorinclex, Monstrous Raider : He doesn't infect per se, but will do two important things: Double Meren Experience counters, and double enemy infect counters. And is flavor win since he is a phyrexian.
More suggestions for the deck base (mana/removal/advantage) just to name them:
Spore Frog (Just broken with Meren. Some players even prefer not use it for considering it unfair)
Apprentice Necromancer (Surprise infect with haste! And another sacrifice engine)
Fauna Shaman (Fill your graveyard to reanimate later, while you search a ramp creature, a removal creature or in your case, your best infect creatures!)
Victimize (In other deck, nice. In Meren, broken. Also, think in the synergy with something like your skullwinder or your Eternal witness)
Phyrexian Tower Is powerful, will give you mana and sacrifice engine, but most important: Is phyrexian flavor for infect.
2 months ago
In all zones except the battlefield (and the stack for dual spell instead of spell land) MDFC only have the characteristics of their front side. So Glasspool Mimic Flip has a CMC of 3 for Fiend Artisan 's ability.