The Mending of Dominaria
Enchantment — Saga
(As this Saga enters and after your draw step, add a lore counter. Sacrifice after III.)
, — Mill two cards, then you may return a creature card from your graveyard to your hand.
— Return all land cards from your graveyard to the battlefield, then shuffle your graveyard into your library.
|Have (3)||CompleteWaste , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , abritt|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
The Mending of Dominaria Discussion
1 month ago
Other Cards that you could consider cutting
- Ondu Giant => Seedguide Ash this card is one more mana expsive and has to die inorder to get the lands, but could be such a good upside. This dieing with your commander reads ramp 3 draw 3 cards and gain 3 life
- Soratami Mirror-Guard I get what you are doing here, but I feel like there are better payoffs for this
- Timbermaw Larva => Rampaging Brontodon trample is 1,000% better on this card
- Wakeroot Elemental 5 greens for a 5/5? way overcosted
- Wave-Wing Elemental again similar argument to Windrider Eel not that big of an impact
- Wild Wanderer good but could have better options
- Aetherflux Reservoir I know this is good in commander but why? No synergy at all, there has to be a better card slot here
- Elixir of Immortality I used to put this in all of my decks too, but it is counter productive to your stragay with cards like Splendid Reclamation and The Mending of Dominaria
- Wayfarer's Bauble There is better ramp than this in green
- I see why you have Jiang Yanggu but I feel like there is stronger cards than that. I cut the card to tutor Journey for the Elixir for him sorry :(
- There are a bunch of other better than Ranger's Path you could add, I'll show them in the recommendations
- Future Sight and Ominous Seas both seem strange here. I get future sight can draw cards, BUT I feel you should use mana sinks rather than off the top of your library draw
- Ghostly Flicker is on thin ice, like yes you have all the etb creatures but sometimes it is a dead card. meh at best?
Other Cards that you could consider adding
This is where the fun begins and your wallet cries
- You want Nissa, Who Shakes the World great card, it is a mana doubler ramp, and also you just win with the ultimate
- I heard you like ramp try Tireless Provisioner and pick up one for me while you are at it please
- Here is a gaint list of green ramp Harrow , Growth Spiral , Explore , Khalni Heart Expedition , Roiling Regrowth , Grow from the Ashes , Urban Evolution , Migration Path , Natural Connection , Nissa's Renewal , Nylea's Intervention , Spring / Mind , Animist's Awakening , Omen of the Hunt
- Keeping your life total at a high level Kazandu Nectarpot , Grazing Gladehart , Retreat to Kazandu , Jaddi Offshoot
- Mana Sinks, you are going to have a lot of mana, might as well do something with it Kamahl's Druidic Vow ummm.... yes? Kefnet the Mindful one of my favorite Gods, that doesn't have a place. I look forward to getting attacked by him Sprout Swarm it is really easy for this card to be "free"
That is all I can think of at the moment. I'm sure I'll have more la
2 months ago
4 months ago
If they fit in your budget, I'd recommend Walking Atlas and Crop Rotation . Depending on your play group Glacial Chasm can be amazing at stalling for the last two or three gates as one of the lands you grab with Golos. Also some means of grabbing lands from the grave can be paramount such as Splendid Reclamation or The Mending of Dominaria .
4 months ago
Hello , i see that you are missing a lot of protection for Muldrotha and have a lot of ramp spell that will not be useful in your graveyard later on. Here some suggestions for you if you want to explore other avenue.
Protection: Command Beacon - It will ensure you can always cast muldrotha for cheap. Bojuka Bog - very important to interact with your opponent graveyards, if not needed cycle it and use it later if needed.
Lightning Greaves For me its a no brainer especially how much muldrotha cost to cast we need to help him..or her staying on the board.
Spore Frog is just amazing if you are in a playgroup that go to combat a lot your just dont care sac spore frog everytime and recast it on your next turn for a huge shield... if you playgroup dont use combat a lot leave it out.
Elephant Grass Is also very good to keep you safe while you are building up your board. Dont want to pay the cumulative upkeep, sac it and replay it again :)
Glen Elendra Archmage is also going to disturbed your opponent plans when its on the board and I pair her with Mikaeus, the Unhallowed so she always come back without me having to recast her, and Mikaeus is just awesome in this deck.
Im Testing and trying Lilting Refrain for counter spell which seemed a good deterrent like Glen Elendra and it can be reutilized.
Ramp You are using a lot of sorceries for this category, I was doing the same before and felt that these card had no value on the long run.
I now use a different approach on ramp. I use milling and I play cards like Ramunap Excavator , Dryad of the Ilysian Grove , Springbloom Druid (should replace cultivate), my favorite is World Shaper (instead of your splendid reclamation) and sac it for massive boost, same for The Mending of Dominaria it just feed your grave and have a massive outcome + they can be replayed later by your cmdr.
I would play 1 or 2 drop mana dorks over ramping sorceries for sure. The only sorcery I really suggest is Life from the Loam so good to feed your graveyard or get your land back if needed.
Self mill: Jace, Memory Adept will do better than Beleren , pair this with Syr Konrad, the Grim and other mill option ... let me know in your reply if you would like this avenue a have a few good cards that can help.
Ohter: Fleshbag Marauder is a good effect, but you can have more versatile and mana efficient creatures which are also cheap: Demon's Disciple and Plaguecrafter both are an auto include when repeated over and over they are very nasty.
Hostage Taker is very very fun .
I can go on an on on card that will benefit your deck , what I would say check to replace your instant and sorceries with permanents that will benefit you during the entire game.
Let me know what you think and what you will change I can then help you tweaking a few more things.
9 months ago
Tatyova is a load of fun to play. I built around her with a Moonfolk subtheme, so I could bounce my lands to my hand for more land drops. Trade Routes is a fun card to go with Taty. Bounce a utility land, and discard for draw if you need it in a pinch. Great to drop a handful to draw a several cards the turn before The Mending of Dominaria goes off.
10 months ago
Alright here are a few things I notice that will help tune up the deck to help speed it up, as well as improve consistency overall.
Cards to remove-
Rocky Tar Pits
Tapped lands are the bane of any deck as far as speed goes. Switching these out for lands that enter untapped will speed things up as well as provide better consistency for color fixing. If you are going to include a tapped land make sure it provides insane value (Valakut for example, or Mosswort Bridge in big creature heavy decks) so the drawback of the ETB tapped is worth it in the long run.
Scroll Rack- A good card, but you have no real way to abuse it, and it is really nothing more than a replacement effect since your top deck manipulation is based off of high CMC creatures. Damnable Pact would provide you with a better way to refill your hand, and you seem to havew enough lifegain scattered through out to offset the life loss.
The Mending of Dominaria- It is a high CMC card that is fairly easy to remove, keeping you from getting the third trigger off and negating the power of the card... I would suggest Abundance since you are running Sylvan Library. This will allow you to replace the downside of Sylvan Library (pay 4 life to draw extra cards) and help you sculpt your hand for what you need in the moment. (Basically those two cards together read- At the beginning of your up keep draw three cards, naming land or non land for each draw. It is an awesome replacement effect need to be running Abundance)
Ranger's Path- It costs 4, and the lands enter tapped. You have a decent enough ramp package going already and i don't feel like you need the redundancy here. I would suggest adding Blasphemous Act or Black Sun's Zenith to give you another board wipe since you are running slightly light on those. Both are good cards just depends on which style you might need... Black suns will get around indestructible, while Blasphemous will normally only cost you one mana. Or run both if you play against mainly casual (ie big creature) decks.
The only other big thing i notice is a lack of single target interaction for Artifacts and Enchantments. Cards like Vandalblast, By Force, Force of Vigor, Return to Nature, and even Caustic Caterpillar are great removal if you find yourself wanting to increase your interaction.
Overall I dig the deck for what you are going for. Let me know if you have any questions about my suggestions are anything overall. Hope this helps some
10 months ago
10 months ago
You might like these: Reckless Fireweaver, Valduk, Keeper of the Flame, Inspiring Statuary, Blinkmoth Urn, Kamahl's Druidic Vow, Genesis Wave, Reshape the Earth, Boundless Realms, Traverse the Outlands, Scapeshift, Mana Seism, World Shaper, Splendid Reclamation, The Mending of Dominaria, Creeping Renaissance, Mina and Denn, Wildborn