, : Add to your mana pool.
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Mossfire Valley occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Mossfire Valley Discussion
1 year ago
another thing you could do to make the deck better is cleaning up the manabase! you should run 10 of each basic and replace some of the forests you have with cheap split lands! some good budget split lands under $5 are
Cinder Glade - $3
Game Trail - $1.12
Highland Weald -$.28 (Very not good but very budget)
Karplusan Forest - been reprinted 1000 times you can find a old one for like $2
Mossfire Valley -$5
Rootbound Crag -$3.45
Shivan Oasis -$.20 (Very not good but very budget)
Spire Garden -$5.42
Fungal Reaches, Gruul Guildgate, Timber Gorge are very not good even on a budget, i would recommend cutting these for any of these upgrades after evening out the manabase. I like all of the utility lands you put in though they are very fun!
2 years ago
Sweet deck! A few suggestions would be to eliminate the lands the enter the battle field tapped, they slow the deck down. Kazandu Refuge and Rugged Highlands aren't worth the gaining of one life to enter tapped. I'd run Fire-Lit Thicket and Mossfire Valley instead.
2 years ago
Thanks for all the feedback. These are really good suggestions and I'm incorporating them into the deck...
- I'll add in all the lands you suggest. I'm taking out mountains, and I am also taking out mountains for dual producing lands to mitigate the hit on my green mana. This makes some of my ramp spells less usefull.
- Earthcraft is insane and is going straight into the deck. I don't want to go infinite in this deck, so I'll pass on the Squirrel Nest (at least for now).
- I have a preference towards not playing Craterhoof Behemoth, but it is a great addition to the deck.
- I'll have to think about Eldrazi Monument. It would have to push out one of my other anthems, and I'm not sure I want to do that.
- Awakening Zone and From Beyond fits the deck very nicely. I'll replace Skyshroud Claim and Chancellor of the Forge for those. Better curve, better ramp, and more creatures.
- Ivy Lane Denizen is a pretty nice combo with Ulasht, but is also quite usefull with the doublers and the theme. He'll get a spot.
- I should probably just build an Marath, Will of the Wild deck, just to compare before I purchase ;)
- Mountain --> Fire-Lit Thicket. Ensure the right mana
- Mountain --> Command Tower. Ensure the right mana
- Mountain --> Mossfire Valley. Ensure the right mana
- Mountain --> Skarrg, the Rage Pits. More trample for Ulasht
- Mountain --> Khalni Garden. Extra token
- Mountain --> Dryad Arbor. Counts as a creature for Ulasht
- Mountain --> Opal Palace. Makes Ulasht stronger later on
- Hornet Nest --> Earthcraft. Mana tricks for the win
- Chancellor of the Forge --> Ivy Lane Denizen
- Skyshroud Claim --> From Beyond. More allround for my needs (tokens and mana)
- Verdant Force --> Awakening Zone. More allorund for this deck (tokens and mana)
Cheers, and thanks again :)
3 years ago
I've playtested your deck against a couple of mine, which I think are generally fairly close on the casual-hardcode scale. Here are my random thoughts and suggestions.
- Sapseep Forest - Entering tapped isn't worth the upside.
- Mogg Hollows - Only getting coloured mana every other turn seems bad.
- 1x Forest, 1x Mountain to make place for...
- Karplusan Forest and Mossfire Valley - Two untapped mana-fixing lands.
- Mosswort Bridge and Spinerock Knoll - Both of these have requirements that should be easy to meet in your deck. They're really bad with X spells, but you have a lot of other useful targets.
- Clip Wings for Silklash Spider, a lot slower and more expensive, but reusable.
- Gruul Keyrune for Gruul Signet A 3/2 trample is really small in EDH, so I'd go for the lower mana cost if I were you.
- Lightning Bolt for Ulvenwald Tracker Basically Doom Blade on a stick with the huge guys you will be keeping around. Also fun with Thornbite Staff, which is also incredible ramp with Rosheen if you can arrange some other way to have creatures die. Volcanic Fallout would be an example.
More general suggestions:
- Might of Old Krosa One-off buffs aren't that great when you have three opponents you need to get down from 40 life. It's certainly not reliable as removal, either.
- Increasing Savagery Your many X-creatures turn mana into power and toughness. No need to have a separate card that does the same.
- Solidarity of Heroes Very powerful at the right time, but it's a one-off effect that requires some setup.
- Feral Incarnation - Three 3/3 beasts isn't worth the mana, and you don't have enough token generation to make it "free".
- Skarrg Guildmage - There are better trample-givers, like Nylea, God of the Hunt.
- Genesis In this type of deck with low-count high-value creatures I'd try to sneak this in, but it depends on how graveyard-hatey your meta is.
- Asceticism Again, high-value creatures that respond poorly to single-target removal. Keep your hydras safe!
- Death's Presence Even if your hydras die you get to keep most of their value.
- In the Web of War, Fires of Yavimaya or Xenagos, God of Revels - Haste on large creatures is huge, you can swing and kill someone without them getting the time to set up defence.
- Gyre Sage - Makes each hydra larger than the previous one, which makes him larger, which makes the next hydra larger... :o
- Elemental Bond - Card draw when you play creatures keeps the creatures coming.
- Soul of the Harvest - As above.
- Aggravated Assault - The plan is to make lots of mana and huge creatures. Letting them work double shifts the next turn might secure a kill (or two).
Slightly out of budget suggestions:
- Selvala, Heart of the Wilds - She seems perfect for the deck. Huge creatures, huge mana, extra cards.
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx - In decks with two colours or less, this makes a lot of mana.
To make room for this I'd personally cut all the treefolk. They're better in mono-green.
It depends on your meta, but I'd also cut all planeswalkers except maybe Xenagos. They just tend to die so quickly in EDH. Xenagos generally at least pays for himself, though.
You could also consider multi-mana dorks, like Bloom Tender, Fyndhorn Elder, Greenweaver Druid, Nantuko Elder, Priest of Titania, Shaman of Forgotten Ways, Somberwald Sage, Whisperer of the Wilds, Wirewood Channeler, Karametra's Acolyte and dubiously Frontier Siege.
I hope you can take at least something from this.
3 years ago
You need more ramp. It's a creature aggro deck and you'll need to get more of them out than your opponents. You've got a Sol Ring, and I'd add Skyshroud Claim, Cultivate, Kodama's Reach, Nature's Lore, and Rampant Growth, maybe even Nissa's Pilgrimage. I wouldn't have less than five ramp cards in this deck, and probably be closer to seven.
More draw or you're gonna run out of gas. Harmonize is easy, so is Outpost Siege. Someone suggested Temple Bell; that person isn't your friend and hates you. Bell draws you 1 card for every 3-4 it draws your opponents. Unless you're running hugs or Nekusar that's terrible math. Life's Legacy and Momentous Fall can do work, as can Shamanic Revelation. As with ramp, I wouldn't go with less than 5 draw sources, and seven is better.
Broaden your land base. Taiga and Stomping Grounds are great but expensive, but Cinder Glade, Command Tower, Game Trail, Rootbound Crag, Karplusan Forest, and Mossfire Valley are all relatively cheap.
No reason not to run Hanweir Battlements. A few colorless sources never hurt, and having haste on a land can win games.
3 years ago
Feels like it needs Ancient Tomb, World Breaker, Rapacious One, and a fleet of filter lands like Mossfire Valley, Fire-Lit Thicket (which can produce colorless mana), and then some subset of Graven Cairns, Wooded Bastion, Cascade Bluffs, Twilight Mire, Rugged Prairie, and Flooded Grove (or all of them if dom has the money for that) again because they basically act as colorless dual lands which can turn other colorless lands into colored mana producers.
I'd cut Gruul War Chant (Eldrazi attacking with annihilator usually means they don't need menace, and you already have both Bedlam and Nylea anyway), Price of Glory (this deck is more of a face beater than land destroyer; your other eldrazi can handle land destruction if needed), Map the Wastes (you have plenty of ramp; MtW just feels like bad ramp over-extending), and then Vesuva, Wasteland, Strip Mine, Nephalia Academy, and some sub-set of basic lands to be replaced with the filter fleet (as lands which you sacrifice for land destruction in a ramp deck is a hell of a double edged sword; the eldrazi themselves can take care of necessary L-D; Forced discard also isnt a big thing in commander unless you play against a leovold player, so the academy is largely an unnecessary tech card)
3 years ago
Urza's Incubator is great for any tribal deck and so is Door of Destinies and I agree with the above that ramp is necessary for Dragons. maybe upping the land count to 36-37 because 34 is super light for dragons. And maybe things like Cultivate and Kodama's Reach and lastly a Harrow for some more ramp spells. If you are willing to spend another $15 though picking up a Thran Dynamo and a Gilded Lotus would be great for the deck. Warstorm Surge is great for Dragons because they come out doing damage! Speaking of Dragons have you met Dragonstorm which is a late game bomb. Also I am not entirely sure why you are running Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle in the deck. It seems to slow and completely pointless for early and mid game(sorry don't mean to sound rude). Also I would take out Garruk for one of the Sarkhans if you really want another Planewalker to replace him. for your land base you can also run the more budget friendly r/g lands things like Rugged Highlands,Kazandu Refuge,Temple of Abandon,Temple of the False God, Game Trail, Timber Gorge,Mossfire Valley and lastly Karplusan Forest. There's also the two best budget fetches Terramorphic Expanse, and Evolving Wilds to help you get the colors you need. My final recommendations for you are Dragonlord Atarka, Dragonmaster Outcast, maybe a Skyline Despot and Fires of Yavimaya I hope this may have been helpful to you!
3 years ago
Here's what I'd change
Kessig Wolf Run
Chord of Calling
Here is a list of cards that I would probably play. They are grouped into package's to help understand their function.
Brine Elemental and maybe Stratus Dancer
Because you can, and should enable your Deadeye Navigator Archaeomancer
Sower of Temptation
If you wanted to get a little meaner.
Dryad Arbor to go with your Green Sun's Zenith
Seat of the Synod
Tree of Tales
Hall of the Bandit Lord
Boseiju, Who Shelters All
Tinket Mage Package
Seat of the Synod
Tree of Tales
Sensei's Divining Top
Relic of Progenitus
Blue Sun's Zenith
Stroke of Genius
Its yours, not mine Package
Talent of the Telepath
Lotus Cobra This is only if you plan on getting more fetchlands, because this makes the fetches into dark rituals.