Creature — Angel Spirit
Flying, protection from black
Echo (At the beginning of your upkeep, if this came under your control since the beginning of your last upkeep, sacrifice it unless you pay its echo cost.)
When Karmic Guide enters the battlefield, return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield.
|Have (3)||, rockleemyhero , metalmagic|
|Want (3)||Strygwyr , Darui , DowlingxA|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Rare|
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Rare|
|Vintage Masters (VMA)||Rare|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Rare|
|Urza's Legacy (ULG)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death + Karmic Guide
- Karmic Guide + Saffi Eriksdotter + Viscera Seer
- Carrion Feeder + Karmic Guide + Saffi Eriksdotter
- Carrion Feeder + Karmic Guide + Reveillark
- Altar of Dementia + Karmic Guide + Saffi Eriksdotter
- Karmic Guide + Phyrexian Altar + Saffi Eriksdotter
- Ashnod's Altar + Karmic Guide + Saffi Eriksdotter
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Karmic Guide Discussion
6 days ago
Hey, nice budget version of Teysa.
Some budget card upgrades to consider:
Open the Armory > Night's Whisper
Armory can get Skullclamp. If it's not getting Clamp than Deathmantle or Greaves or Animate or Dance.
Leonin Relic-Warder > Serrated Scorpion
Warder makes a dies loop with Animate Dead, Dance of the Dead or Necromancy and since you have all these enchantments then it fits right in. If you would like me to explain the interaction I will.
- Priest of Forgotten Gods > Flesh Carver
- Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim > Cartel Aristocrat
- Tithe Taker > Hunted Witness
- Victimize > Unearth
- Generous Gift > Mortify
Good luck with your deck.
2 weeks ago
I think Sublime Epiphany has potential for the reasons I mentioned before, but I'll keep an eye on the card in case it ends up underperforming. 4UU is a steep cost to pay, but I think the modes available are great and mesh well with the deck.
Norn technically isn't that integral to my strategy, but she's good for going on the offensive and keeping other boardstates in check.
I've currently replaced the Altar of Dementia + Karmic Guide + Reveillark combo to try out Peregrine Drake and Capsize. I'm pretty uncertain about this considering the combo isn't searchable (save for Capsize with Mystical Tutor), but the other combo always felt too telegraphed or mana intensive if I wanted to pull it off in the same turn. On top of that, Reveillark and Altar of Dementia always felt like dead cards without the Karmic Guide. At least these cards can somewhat stand on their own.
2 weeks ago
I've made a few changed to the deck in an effort to lower the mana curve and also include some more hatebear elements to try and slow down the game to give me more time to catch up.
2 weeks ago
Absolutely not, and here is why. Blood Artist triggers off any creature, which Slimefoot does not. The only time it doesn’t win is if we are just creating infinite tokens without sacrificing (in which case Slimefoot is just as useless). This is why we have Corpse Knight and plenty of other tutors to find him. If we need an infinite mana sink, we have Walking Ballista. I think Slimefoot is a great addition if you want more redundancy in that way, and I even have him in the budget list. I would not replace either of my finishers for him, though.
I think Tayam is a great commander leading his own deck or in the 99 of a more reanimator type shell which we don’t run. It could be useful should we then go into our Karmic combo, but we also risk ditching enough pieces to lock us out of using it. If we manage to put both Karmic Guide and Reveillark in the graveyard, we can’t get them back. If the idea is to get to any of our 3cmc creatures, we have more efficient ways of finding them. The vigilance counters are also quite useless except for its own ability.
2 weeks ago
Alesha, Who Smiles at Death was one of the first generals I built a commander deck around and I've been tuning mine ever since.
Replacements I would make
- Replace Dolmen Gate with Reconnaissance since it costs 1 less and also can untap your creatures after damage has been dealt to give them pseudo-vigilance.
- Replace Angel of Invention with Marionette Master since if you get infinite ETBs on marionette master, you can sac the infinite tokens to deal infinite damage.
Other cards I might suggest
- Add Moriok Replica is the best card I have in my Alesha deck, it can draw you so many cards every turn.
- Add Panharmonicon/Flameshadow Conjuring so you can get double ETB triggers.
- Add Torch Fiend and Kami of Ancient Law for repeatable artifact/enchantment removal.
- Add Remorseful Cleric for repeatable graveyard hate.
- Add Magus of the Disk for a repeatable board wipe.
- Add Yahenni, Undying Partisan since he's a free sac outlet that can draw you cards and can also be recurred using Alesha.
Combos I might suggest
- Add Reveillark/Sun Titan + Karmic Guide + a sac outlet + a creature with an ETB trigger like Murderous Redcap = infinite ETBs.
- Add Vesperlark + Felidar Guardian + a sac outlet = infinite sacrifices.
- Add Sun Titan + Gift of Immortality + a sac outlet = infinite sacrifices.
- Add Zealous Conscripts + Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker = infinite hasty pirates.
Cards I recommend ditching:
- Remove Carrion Grub Its basically 4 mana for 4 cards milled, that isn't worth it.
- Remove Sunforger You only have 6 legal Sunforger targets, it isn't worth it to keep it in.
- Remove Dictate of Erebos You don't need this if you can just get a Ravenous Chupacabra out and keep recurring it.
- Remove Mindclaw Shaman This was a card that I found didn't do much when I played it, there are alot of other creatures with better ETB effects.
- Remove Relic Seeker There isn't much of a need to fetch a piece of equipment since you only have Sunforger, Sword of the Animist, and Skullclamp.
Feel Free to check out my RBW Alesha's Beautiful Smile combo deck for ideas.
2 weeks ago
king-saproling, thanks for your suggestions! I have used Rakdos the Defiler and Karmic Guide before in a version of this deck that was focused on reanimation. I’m going in a more control direction with this build. Sunforger and Lapse of Certainty are interesting possibilities I will explore more.
The_Gobfather, you have a good point, thanks for the comment. The trick with Blood Moon and Magus of the Moon is using them at the right time. Moon cards should be saved until you are confident you can lock down the board without screwing yourself over in the process. You can tutor for Blood Moon when the time is right. If you have Kaalia on the board already and big creatures in your hand, you don’t need lands. You can also use fetchlands/tutors (Tithe) to make sure you have at least a basic swamp and plains before you drop a Moon. There are also many ramp artifacts that provide backup. Hellkite Tyrant steals your opponents’ ramp artifacts too. Against a deck which runs 0 red mana, the lockdown from a Moon means certain victory, which is why I have chosen to include them.
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
Ok, I haven't played this deck before, but I play and build a LOT of Selesnya decks, so here are my first guesses of cards to cut: Reveillark, Nature's Lore, Skyshroud Claim, Bane of Progress, Lifeblood Hydra, and Karmic Guide or Fiend Hunter. I think of all the cards these provide a little less benefit. Good luck. Hopefully this will give you a place to start.