Creature — Angel Spirit
Flying, protection from black
Echo (At the beginning of your upkeep, if this came under your control since the beginning of your last upkeep, sacrifice it unless you pay its echo cost.)
When Karmic Guide enters the battlefield, return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield.
|Have (3)||, Sengii , metalmagic|
|Want (3)||DrHansVermhat , CaptainFruffles , Yodatheugly|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Rare|
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Rare|
|Vintage Masters (VMA)||Rare|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Rare|
|Urza's Legacy (ULG)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death + Karmic Guide
- Karmic Guide + Saffi Eriksdotter + Viscera Seer
- Carrion Feeder + Karmic Guide + Saffi Eriksdotter
- Carrion Feeder + Karmic Guide + Reveillark
- Altar of Dementia + Karmic Guide + Saffi Eriksdotter
- Karmic Guide + Phyrexian Altar + Saffi Eriksdotter
- Ashnod's Altar + Karmic Guide + Saffi Eriksdotter
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Karmic Guide occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Karmic Guide Discussion
2 days ago
Hey, nice first build of Teysa.
Reveillark + Karmic Guide + Teysa is a combo to exile all your opponents creatures because Teysa can sac herself and Lark/Guide are white creatures who can reanimate each other and Teysa. Lark + Guide + sac outlet is a combo to reanimate all the 2 or less power creatures in your graveyard which an aristocrat can be the win condition or Ayara or Gray Merchant of Asphodel. Buried Alive is very good at setting up Lark + Guide getting an aristocrat into your graveyard.
Hour is an important card and you're playing many other enchantments which makes Hall of Heliod's Generosity a helpful recursion effect. You're playing many utility lands which gives Expedition Map many choices thus I think it's worth adding. When your Commander is able to create 1/1 tokens it makes Skullclamp excellent repeatable draw.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Forsaken Sanctuary
- Apocalypse Demon
- Epicure of Blood
- Butcher of Malakir
- Price of Fame
- Norn's Annex
- Ancient Craving
Good luck with your deck.
1 week ago
Big changes by the standards of this old deck! Incorporating some fun new cards and moving in a more enchantmentcheavy direction now that Golos el Goloso scratches my ETB creature itch so effectively.
I'm splitting the cut cards between Hazezon Muad'Dib: DUNE-Inspired EDH and my aforementioned Golos deck. Of the new additions, Alela seems the most questionable, but I had one laying around and I like that the deck now has THREE alternate commanders hiding in the 99.
1 month ago
Temur Sabertooth + Zacama, Primal Calamity works by repeatedly bouncing the Zacama to abuse the "untap all lands when it enters the battlefield" ability on Zacama. It will require 11 mana from lands to break even, or 12 mana from lands to create a positive infinite mana loop. With the very high land requirement, it is not a good inclusion for competitive edh unless Zacama is your commander.
I recommend looking at infinite combos in already existing cedh decks in those colors. Synergy has recommend some competitive level combos, but I can contribute some more. Off the top of my head, I can recommend some:
Big Dork + Untap effect = Infinite mana. Look at Priest of Titania, Selvala, Heart of the Wilds, Bloom Tender, or Marwyn, the Nurturer for your big dork needs. Look at Umbral Mantle and Staff of Domination for your untapping needs, honorable mention to Sword of the Paruns which I don't recommend.
Underworld Breach has lots of great combos, most of the playable ones are in mono red for Naya colors. Shameless self plug, check out my EDH Underworld Breach combo guide here, I cover card choices and how to pilot the combos in detail here - https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-underworld-breach-edh-combo-guide/
Another option, but definitely not a top tier combo, is Boonweaver Giant + Pattern of Rebirth + Sac Outlet. This combo works by abusing creatures that return Boonweaver from the graveyard to play to continue pulling creatures from your library until you have assembled your actual winning combo. Generally you pull Karmic Guide -> return Boonweaver -> sac Boonweaver to fetch Fiend Hunter -> Fiend your Guide -> Sac Fiend to return Guide, which returns Boonweaver -> Fetch Reveillark which returns Guide + Fiend Hunter to loop to pull all creatures from your deck. You can find a very well detailed guide for this combo here - https://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh/multiplayer-commander-decklists/621075-karador-boonweaver-combo The guide is for Abzan colors, but the core of the combo is GW and can easily be adapted to Naya colors, especially with red creature sac outlets like Goblin Bombardment. This is a fun combo, high powered but not competitive, and will blow the minds of most players who haven't seen it in action before.
2 months ago
Hey, nice budget version of Teysa.
Some budget card upgrades to consider:
Open the Armory > Night's Whisper
Armory can get Skullclamp. If it's not getting Clamp than Deathmantle or Greaves or Animate or Dance.
Leonin Relic-Warder > Serrated Scorpion
Warder makes a dies loop with Animate Dead, Dance of the Dead or Necromancy and since you have all these enchantments then it fits right in. If you would like me to explain the interaction I will.
- Priest of Forgotten Gods > Flesh Carver
- Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim > Cartel Aristocrat
- Tithe Taker > Hunted Witness
- Victimize > Unearth
- Generous Gift > Mortify
Good luck with your deck.
2 months ago
I think Sublime Epiphany has potential for the reasons I mentioned before, but I'll keep an eye on the card in case it ends up underperforming. 4UU is a steep cost to pay, but I think the modes available are great and mesh well with the deck.
Norn technically isn't that integral to my strategy, but she's good for going on the offensive and keeping other boardstates in check.
I've currently replaced the Altar of Dementia + Karmic Guide + Reveillark combo to try out Peregrine Drake and Capsize. I'm pretty uncertain about this considering the combo isn't searchable (save for Capsize with Mystical Tutor), but the other combo always felt too telegraphed or mana intensive if I wanted to pull it off in the same turn. On top of that, Reveillark and Altar of Dementia always felt like dead cards without the Karmic Guide. At least these cards can somewhat stand on their own.
2 months ago
I've made a few changed to the deck in an effort to lower the mana curve and also include some more hatebear elements to try and slow down the game to give me more time to catch up.
3 months ago
Absolutely not, and here is why. Blood Artist triggers off any creature, which Slimefoot does not. The only time it doesn’t win is if we are just creating infinite tokens without sacrificing (in which case Slimefoot is just as useless). This is why we have Corpse Knight and plenty of other tutors to find him. If we need an infinite mana sink, we have Walking Ballista. I think Slimefoot is a great addition if you want more redundancy in that way, and I even have him in the budget list. I would not replace either of my finishers for him, though.
I think Tayam is a great commander leading his own deck or in the 99 of a more reanimator type shell which we don’t run. It could be useful should we then go into our Karmic combo, but we also risk ditching enough pieces to lock us out of using it. If we manage to put both Karmic Guide and Reveillark in the graveyard, we can’t get them back. If the idea is to get to any of our 3cmc creatures, we have more efficient ways of finding them. The vigilance counters are also quite useless except for its own ability.
3 months ago
Alesha, Who Smiles at Death was one of the first generals I built a commander deck around and I've been tuning mine ever since.
Replacements I would make
- Replace Dolmen Gate with Reconnaissance since it costs 1 less and also can untap your creatures after damage has been dealt to give them pseudo-vigilance.
- Replace Angel of Invention with Marionette Master since if you get infinite ETBs on marionette master, you can sac the infinite tokens to deal infinite damage.
Other cards I might suggest
- Add Moriok Replica is the best card I have in my Alesha deck, it can draw you so many cards every turn.
- Add Panharmonicon/Flameshadow Conjuring so you can get double ETB triggers.
- Add Torch Fiend and Kami of Ancient Law for repeatable artifact/enchantment removal.
- Add Remorseful Cleric for repeatable graveyard hate.
- Add Magus of the Disk for a repeatable board wipe.
- Add Yahenni, Undying Partisan since he's a free sac outlet that can draw you cards and can also be recurred using Alesha.
Combos I might suggest
- Add Reveillark/Sun Titan + Karmic Guide + a sac outlet + a creature with an ETB trigger like Murderous Redcap = infinite ETBs.
- Add Vesperlark + Felidar Guardian + a sac outlet = infinite sacrifices.
- Add Sun Titan + Gift of Immortality + a sac outlet = infinite sacrifices.
- Add Zealous Conscripts + Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker = infinite hasty pirates.
Cards I recommend ditching:
- Remove Carrion Grub Its basically 4 mana for 4 cards milled, that isn't worth it.
- Remove Sunforger You only have 6 legal Sunforger targets, it isn't worth it to keep it in.
- Remove Dictate of Erebos You don't need this if you can just get a Ravenous Chupacabra out and keep recurring it.
- Remove Mindclaw Shaman This was a card that I found didn't do much when I played it, there are alot of other creatures with better ETB effects.
- Remove Relic Seeker There isn't much of a need to fetch a piece of equipment since you only have Sunforger, Sword of the Animist, and Skullclamp.
Feel Free to check out my RBW Alesha's Beautiful Smile combo deck for ideas.