|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Until your next turn, your life total can't change, and you have protection from everything. All permanents you control phase out. (While they're phased out, they're treated as though they don't exist. They phase in before you untap during your untap step.)
Exile Teferi's Protection.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Teferi's Protection Discussion
1 day ago
I absolutely love this decks design. I was having problems building my own Gahiji, Honored One to be supporting both token strategy and having big epic creatures. But this deck helped me a lot on tuning the deck and making it better on curve. I mainly just changed in Teferi's Protection to save from board wipes or other peoples combos and some other little changes to fit my budget and game houses meta. All and all the deck performs beautifully and I thank you for the list and keep up the good work!
5 days ago
I would recommend that you add more ramp. Adding the signets would help out a lot. Getting Kaalia online before turn 4 is huge, especially if you have haste. Another good haste enabler you could try out is Ashling's Prerogative. Its good for this deck since you cheat out your big threats with Kaalia anyway, so you dont need to worry about some creatures coming into play tapped, and you get the benefit of slowing down your opponents. Also consider more protection for Kaalia like Boros Charm, Mother of Runes and Teferi's Protection.
5 days ago
Also, there are no instants in your deck... interaction and answers are needed. Look into Swords to Plowshares, Path to Exile, Anguished Unmaking, Boros Charm, Teferi's Protection, and Enlightened Tutor. For these I'd cut a few creatures and Throne of the God-Pharoah.
5 days ago
Man, this deck would be stifled way too easily with you having no removal of any kind, no ramp, and lands are taking up WAY too many card slots your average CMC is 3.58, 37 lands is more than enough.
A card that is a must in this deck, Aura Shards. Another couple of good aggro cards Cathars' Crusade, and Akroma's Memorial. Beast Within would help with spot removal of anything. Path to Exile, Land Tax, Wrath of God, Teferi's Protection, and Phyrexian Arena are all good staples that belong in this deck.
6 days ago
multimedia no worries! Thank you so so much for the help!
I checked out your elf deck, awesome coding! And is that Quenya from Lord of the Rings I see? Respect!
I was wondering if you'd be okay if I posted your comments and my following response on my deck page; I like to have everything in one place and the comments don't delete there as they do on the wall. let me know!
Now, to respond to all the suggestions! Again thank you for the advice!
First off I'd like to mention that I'm not a huge fan of most X-spells, and I wanted to stray away from them somewhat because I know that's what many people are going to to with F&S. I understand the value of X-spells with F&S is huge here, but they kinda need a ton of mana pumped into them, and I don't think Boros can consistently do that. In situations where I can't get Neheb, the Eternal to stick they become less effective, even if X = 10 and I gain 100+ life, it doesn't seem worth it to me because now I've just pissed off the other 3-5 players and will probably be crippled by the clapback. Second, I'm trying to focus on Sunforger and my combos a lot more, as I think that is what will make my deck stand out when all is said and done. So Combo/sunforger first, value/x-spells second. I don't want to strip stuff away from my Sunforger for more X-spells because I feel like I'll want Sunforger goodness more. So there's some thoughts that will hopefully explain my choices and why I will or won't take some of your suggestion :)
- Doubling Cube: I think you over value this somewhat. To make it produce 4 or more mana(making it better than just any mana rock), I already need 10 mana out. So that's a while before I feel it really benifits me. I'll test it though!
Earthquake, Rolling Earthquake: I think I covered these well enough. Again I want to emphasize that I just don't want them personally, and I know that X-spells are a great way to go with this commander. Will definitely keep them in the back of my head :)
Breath of Darigaaz, Hour of Devastation, Price of Progress, Acidic Soil: these are all great damage options, and I'll be testing them out along with all the ones I got in there now, like Flame Rift, Flamebreak, Fiery Confluence, etc. Time will tell which ones are the best.
Gamble: I'm gonna be straight up with you, I hate Gamble. I've used it and It's awful.
- Faithless Looting, Tormenting Voice, Wild Guess: All good draw options. I'll consider!
- Survival Cache: I really like this one, but the fact that it can't be Sunforged was holding it back over options like Ritual of Rejuvenation and Reviving Dose. Yeah I see the rebound but that's just my philosophy getting in the way of good cards lol.
Winds of Change: I don't consider this card draw, but rather card selection. I find wheels usually help my opponents more anyway.
Mark of Asylum: Yeah this is a good one that I should find room for.
- Furnace of Rath: Out due to aggro meta :(
Hopefully all that makes some sense.
Again I definitely see the reasoning for all of the suggestions. Just not the direction I want to go :)
- Expedition Map needed to grab Inventors' Fair and Mistveil Plains.
- Book of Rass mid/late game draw that's a good mana sink more Neheb and a huge lifegain payoff. Also part of my beloved janky combo :)
- Basilisk Collar figured I'd be nice to snipe some big creatures, but I suppose if I'm dealing enough damage in the first place that's not needed. Probable cut.
- Swiftfoot Boots I kinda need the protection. there won't be many creatures out wth me wiping the coard so much so my creatures will be big targets.
- Strionic Resonator Can probably be cut, your right.
Painter's Servant I want my janky value! :D
- Thalia's Lancers gets Neheb or Gisela
- Stonehewer Giant gets sunforger, can also be a sweet combat trick with enough mana; two to find sunforger and two more to use sunforger to cast a life saving spell. Still, he costs a lot so maybe he'll be cut.
- Brass Squire probably cut, but is really good with sunforger.
- Imperial Recruiter gets Treasonous Ogre, Weathered Wayfarer and Painter's Servant
- Weathered Wayfarer gets Inventors' Fair and Mistveil Plains. not sure if you've ever played Boros but this kind of stuff is necessary, trust me.
- Fire Servant probable cut. I agree.
Generator Servant But he's so goooood. Turn 4 hasty F&S. Total pet card.
Teferi's Protection - essential part of my sunforger package. Way too good to now use.
- Tithe - can get Mistveil Plains and helps me hit those land drops. This is usually the first Sunforger target just to get the M-Plains.
- Open the Armory gets sunforger. I need all the consistency I can get.
Again thank you so so so much for the advice! Let me know if I can post it on the deck.
I don't want you to think I don't appreciate all the help and suggestions, I really do! It's just that this time around I have a different vision for my deck that a lot of these can't fit into. Thanks again friend!
1 week ago
I agree with Temple of the False God i just had them laying around so i always throw it in.
Blind Obedience i could be convinced to swap for another creature but i do like the annoyance it brings of slowing every other deck down.
1 week ago
1 week ago
i never execute the combo if there is a way to lose - of course you could gamble on a player killing the player that could kill you but thats another story.
as described you exile ALL relevant cards, thus cards that allow for alternate kills but skipping the turns basically means i wont draw cards. thats also the fun thing as no game is the same. some games you have to exile a TON of cards, other games you dont need to exile lots. beware not to drag the game to long as you shouldnt sit there reading all decks as you dont have a clue about lots of cards yet.
for example when i started the deck there only was Chronomantic Escape. that needs often more cards to be exiled than if i do the combo via Teferi's Protection . but yes for both of them i need to exile cards like Stroke of Genius too. if there are decks with lots of effects like stroke, you might want to go for the confinement win as you cannot get targetet. but more often there are cards like exsanguinate, kokusho, gary..... global life loss.
basically skipping the turns skips drawing cards and prevents dying to decking. between the protection card and the extration cards you make shure to not die - ever.