|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Battle Royale Box Set||Uncommon|
|Classic Sixth Edition||Uncommon|
|International Collector's Edition||Common|
|Limited Edition Beta||Common|
|Limited Edition Alpha||Common|
Combos Browse all
At the beginning of the end step, if no creatures are on the battlefield, sacrifice Pestilence.
: Pestilence deals 1 damage to each creature and each player.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
2 days ago
Hey lydia. I saw your comment on a thread awhile back and you seem to know your stuff regarding french commander and I was really looking into getting into the format because my local game store is going to start a new tournament.
Problem for me is really just that it really is a totally different format now that aggro has been introduced and control has gotten a big buff. Now i can't really decide which type of deck to play. Usually I make quirky decks that use weird card but that relies on an extensive command of the meta game that I don't have here.
At any rate. I'd really like to make a mono black deck to take advantage of discard being buffed or a blue deck because of counters but I also want to try out aggro and win by creature combat. I playtest the most dominant deck of the format Geist of Saint Traft and thought that it was pretty fun but I derive a little bit of satisfaction from playing wackier commanders as well.
At any rate got any guidance for me? I like the idea of an Erebos, God of the Dead deck that uses Pestilence effects or maybe Drana, Liberator of Malakir aggro? I was even thinking about Kokusho, the Evening Star reanimator! As for blue and black/green and blue I haven't looked into them as much but I though Sygg, River Cutthroat or Prime Speaker Zegana might be a bit of fun.
1 week ago
- Hymn of the Wilds (this card sucks in multiplayer. Every deck needs its instants and sorceries)
- Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast gold cards should fit an archetype or just be good, and this doesnt fit either category
- Ghost Council of Orzhova pretty bad actually
- Figure of Destiny I think your initial impression was right. Lets scrap it
- Magister of Worth white has enough wrath effects
- Tidehollow Strix no comment
- Arlinn Kord Flip I think Xenagos is better based on how the archetypes are shaping up
- Surrak Dragonclaw I think Maelstrom Wanderer fits the archetypes in temur better (spells, gruul beats and whatever simic does)
- Brigid, Hero of Kinsbaile discourages attacks, even against other players, which is bad. If we had included Azorius hard control, stax or tax this card would be fine though
- Gustcloak Savior I dont think it does enough
- Herald of the Host Serra Angel isnt good enough for this format
- Kytheon, Hero of Akros Flip pikers arent good enough in this format, and he sucks as a planeswalker I think
- Crescendo of War too slow
- Dusk / Dawn I think that ultimately there wont be a deck that really benefits from this
- Just a general note about white: we have too many pump effects. Lets cut a couple.
- Broodbirth Viper fine if the cube is lower power level, but its quite high now
- Quickling do we have a deck for this card?
- Serendib Efreet this card doesnt match up well against multiple opponents
- Reverse Engineer too narrow
- Should we include a few more morphs so that stratus dancer is less obvious? Maybe Willbender, Thousand Winds and Kheru Spellsnatcher? At least all these cards kick ass in multiplayer.
- Bloodghast only good in one deck, and even then, it requires some setup. I feel Reassembling Skeleton is a better option for the cube.
- Sly Requisitioner too narrow
- Triskaidekaphobia cute but too shitty
- Dark Confidant I realized this card will probably just kill you.
- Phyrexian Metamorph feel kind of stupid for missing this
- Spellskite maybe this sucks, I dunno
- Curse of the Swine
- Kheru Spellsnatcher
- Thousand Winds
- Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet
- Waste Not
- Innocent Blood
- Bloodchief Ascension
- Gray Merchant of Asphodel
- Reassembling Skeleton
I think our next task will be deciding which are the best 50 or so cards in each color from our pool. that should lay the groundwork for deciding which narrow cards (i.e., archetype-specific) cards we should include. Curious to hear your thoughts on cuts/additions!
2 weeks ago
I would recommend adding Conspiracy to go with Rotlung Reanimator as that give you infinite sacrificial fodder by naming cleric when you play it. Also, try adding Pestilence as it combos quite well with Hedron-Field Purists.
2 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
Pestilence is a key card against Faeries, Stompy, White Weenies, Goblins, Souls Sisters and tokens in general, while Tendrils doesn't help in any of those matches.
Choking Sands is the least useful card in Sideboard and is still better than Tendrils in most games, except for MBC, I believe.
4 weeks ago
Your welcome mane
Hey I just remember one for Epic Struggle
4 weeks ago
Pretty great list; I've considered building boardwipe EDH in Mardu colors, but using Mogis to slowly Shock opponents to death is just delicious.
1 month ago
While I enjoy the idea of the Hedron-Field Purists and Pestilence I do not feel I have the redundancy or sheer volume of tutors to make it happen effectively and it some what nonbos with most of my creatures being low toughness. With that in mind I added Soul's Attendant and Soul Warden to get back closer to the decks first love, life gain and boost the creature count up.