|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masters 25 (A25)||Uncommon|
|Explorers of Ixalan (EO2)||None|
|Planechase Anthology (PCA)||Common|
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Uncommon|
|Magic 2013 (M13)||Uncommon|
|Planechase 2012 Edition (PC2)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Garruk vs. Liliana (DDD)||Common|
|Urza's Legacy (ULG)||Common|
|Promo Set (000)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Enchantment — Aura
Enchanted creature gets +2/+0 and has trample.
When Rancor is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, return Rancor to its owner's hand.
|Have (8)||, LordBlackblade , metljoe , Pumpkinking913 , KillDatBUG , metalmagic , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , sonnet666|
|Want (5)||freeze0583261 , OminousNois3 , da-cube , johnkarpuk , Dehipster|
6 days ago
Thanks Drakorya and ! I originally had Rancor but it seemed like Talons of Wildwood had a bit more synergy. And I totally forgot Kessig Cagebreakers and Exoskeletal Armor , so I'll definitely be adding those.
1 week ago
- I love this commander and think you've got a great start and idea, but you need to fully commit to the fact that this deck is all about Skullbriar being huge and smashing face, or one of his friends doing it. .
- You should put in Increasing Savagery , Hardened Scales , Solidarity of Heroes , Reyhan, Last of the Abzan , Fungal Behemoth , Vastwood Hydra , Retreat to Kazandu , Predator Ooze , Blessings of Nature to push the +1/+1 theme to the max. .
- Now, 2nd problem is having big creatures without trample. I see Tuskguard Captain and you've got Rancor already, which is 100% awesome and reusable, but you should have 2 reusable trample activators, so I recommend also adding Ring of Kalonia . .
- Having big creatures attacking also is usually stopped by awkward blocks. You need slightly better cheap removal so I recommend Titanic Brawl , Ancient Animus , Abrupt Decay . .
- 3rd Problem is when they actually block and kill something because they have no other way to deal with it. Make them hate blocking by just having Mer-Ek Nightblade on your field. And then resummon stuff with Journey to Eternity Flip! .
- 4th Problem is when you're smashing for 17 trample damage a turn, but they've got some stupid elf-shaman combo or human-ally combo that gains them 20 life a turn. And now they're at 55 life. Awkward. Get a sneaky kill in instantly with Tainted Strike on one of your big trample guys, just make sure you were about to do 10+ normal damage, and surprise win. (please put Tainted Strike in, even if you ignore every other card I suggested) .
- 5th Problem is your life-total. Sometimes you just need your 12/12 to have lifelink. Best way is Loxodon Warhammer , plus it gives you another trample activator!! .
- Also for ramp you should include Incubation Druid and Rampant Growth . I'd also use hexproof enabling with Alpha Authority .
- I would definitely remove the following since they don't fit with your deck idea overall to make room: Elves of Deep Shadow (don't need), Longtusk Cub (it ain't ever gonna happen), Witchstalker (useless against a red/white/green deck), Gaze of Granite (since it kills your things too), Animation Module (its slow and you should have better things to do with your mana than make 1/1s), Cloak and Dagger (no rogues, it's slow, Alpha Authority is better), Golgari Signet should be replace with Golgari Cluestone so you can sac/draw when you don't need mana anymore. Manalith (you have an aggro curve, don't need THAT much ramp), Plague Boiler (you're not a control deck), Skullclamp (since we're taking out Animation Module , you've got enough good draw), Wayfarer's Bauble (Rampant Growth is better), Greater Good (you're aggro not a graveyard-based-conrol deck), Preferred Selection & Primitive Etchings (because again you're not control, you want to be aggro). .
- I would also cut down on the # of fancy lands that don't add b/g, and play a few more basics for fetching with your ramp cards and being able to play commander on turn 2 more likely.
1 week ago
If you desperately need lifegain, specific sideboard options should be more reliable- Fountain of Renewal is decent.
I'd look at alternative counter sources for Thoughtbound Phantasm and try to back it up with other efficient 1 and 2 drop threats. Blue actually has a few of these which are pretty decent- Cloudfin Raptor , Benthic Biomancer , Cosi's Trickster , Dimir Spybug , Nivmagus Elemental and Thrummingbird are all worth testing. Backing them up with some Tezzeret's Gambit can push through a lot of damage when backed by your current disruption.
2 weeks ago
Alright I'ma break this up into a couple parts. First let me say that I like the concept of the deck! It's pretty cool, and Mowu is a bad ass! Next a lot of these suggestions are going to be meta dependent so keep that in mind. Lastly I think you're too focused on equipment in a color that doesn't do equipment very well... I think you should play some more enchantments as Green does enchantments well! I also think that you should lean into the fact that Green is the best color for ramp, and that makes cards like Strata Scythe / Blanchwood Armor / Blackblade Reforged stupid good.
Here are some cards I think you DESPERATELY need to put into the deck as they are staples or provide a LOT of value.
3 weeks ago
I would cut:
3 weeks ago
your landbase looks a bit rough, but lets talk about the fun board control you can have with shattergang. imho, the best enchantment for shattergang is Rancor , because it will most likely return to your hand after it dies, letting you sweep for enchantments for as much mana you got. Since you are running the skeleton, i would suggest Sword of the Meek as a artifact that will jump back in to play from grave so it can be sacrificed over and over.
3 weeks ago
I can't advise you on specific cards to add because my set knowledge stops at around 2011.
I ran this against Psychatog and got smashed 100% of the time. A good contemporary standard deck should beat Psychatog.
Your mana curve is horrible. You have a win condition that feels like it wants to be aggressive but it doesn't start building until turn 3. You're missing a 2-drop. What your deck kept wanting to do was turn 1, vampire, turn 2, vampire, turn 3 Radiant Destiny , turn 4 sit on counterspells and combat tricks
You have too much boost for not enough creatures. Time after time, Squire's Devotion kept getting stranded in my hand waiting for a critter to put it on, only to get killed by a Repulse (remember Psychatog was once standard). As a general rule, creature enchantments suck. Unless it's on the order of Rancor don't waste the space.
You have a serious color problem. Picture this: your three drop is Benalish Marshal and your 4-drop is Essence Capture . The only way to pull that off is by skipping an early clock to play a guildgate, which neutralizes the marshal. You want that on turn 3, you're attacking with 5 damage.
You have absolutely no board control. I have always argued in favor of maindecking Disenchant (obviously the variant that's current in this format) based on the observation that decks that tend to win major events tend to do this. That and spot removal for creatures, planeswalkers, and problematic lands is useful.
You're not using blue. Not really, anyway. Divination is poo. The power of a good draw spell is that it's an instant so it gives you something to spend when your opponent fails to walk into your counterspells and it's cheap so it helps you early on to dig for creatures when your opening hand is weak. Think: Impulse For a sorcery draw spell it needs to fill my hand. As for counterspells, yours are just not versatile to be worth it. You're going to end up with a Negate When your opponent kicks a Desolation Angel or an Essence Capture when your opponent throws out a Wrath of God . Or whatever the contemporary version of these events, you get the idea. If you can ramp up your creature assault you might look at something like Remand , Memory Lapse , or some other form of Time Walk often mistaken for counterspells.
If there aren't any good draw/counter spells in this environment or decent tricks like Ray of Command you're probably better of going mono-white.
This concludes my TED talk =)
Rancor occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.16%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.03%